daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 11th, 2015, 10:57 PM   #8621
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

No and no.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2015, 11:05 PM   #8622
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

For any reason, I've expected something like that That means, I have to take DN1 again...

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2015, 08:23 AM   #8623
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post

Quote:
The Romanian President Klaus Iohannis has designated Dacian Ciolos as Prime Minister, after Victor Ponta stepped down amid street protests last week.
http://www.romania-insider.com/roman...nister/159501/
As expected, investments will be a priority in the new government, and about that, the priority is Sibiu-Pitesti motorway. Source
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2015, 11:00 AM   #8624
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
As expected, investments will be a priority in the new government, and about that, the priority is Sibiu-Pitesti motorway. Source
If I got it right, it's just reported that the designated PM said that the project is important and that the project is important for Dacia... FS should be completed in 2016 "in best case", tender procedures could begin and construction works will not be started before 2017.

I think this reports sounds more realistic than the last reports but... Sorry, I know that it's not correct to compare Romania and Germany but I would say that announcements like this from German authorities or media means, that it not likely to see any construction works during this decade)...

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old November 16th, 2015, 11:33 AM   #8625
pasadia

One year from the opening, 70 days since it is closed. More pictures here.

MichiH, belerophon, winnipeg liked this post
Old November 16th, 2015, 12:31 PM   #8626
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

What is the possibility Salini Impeglio will be closed as a result of Romanian court admitting the guilt of the bad job done on A1?

belerophon liked this post
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2015, 01:25 AM   #8627
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
What is the possibility Salini Impeglio will be closed as a result of Romanian court admitting the guilt of the bad job done on A1?
Some diseases never die out.

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

winnipeg liked this post
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 08:29 PM   #8628
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:

Absolutely none, even if a court decision would go against them they'd just appeal and move on, meanwhile the A1...
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:01 AM   #8629
MichiH

A1: Cunta – Saliste 22.1km (2011 to 14th November 2014) – projectmap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Is there any estimated re-opening date of the A1 section? Are works ongoing there?
It's reported to be reopened by summer 2016 (source). It's also reported about a 2015 and 2016 budget cut (41.3% for 2016) which could delay the Sibiu-Pitesti construction start.

If I got this article right, there's a similar problem like b/n Cunta and Saliste on the Lugoj-Deva lot 2 which is built by the same Italian company:

A1: Ilia – Soimus 22.1km (2013 to May 2016) – ? – map

I think the article reports about "losing 39km of motorway length in 2015" which is not correct because the latter setion is not yet opened.

Rhetorical question: Still expected to be opened in 2015... (it's not included in the 2015 calculation of the article though)

A1: Timisoara-East – Balint (A6) 35.6km (2011 to Late 2015) – ? – map

Old November 22nd, 2015, 03:58 PM   #8630
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1164

Quote:

If I got this article right, there's a similar problem like b/n Cunta and Saliste on the Lugoj-Deva lot 2 which is built by the same Italian company:

A1: Ilia – Soimus 22.1km (2013 to May 2016) – ? – map

The link to the map is not correct, should be rather around here: http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=45...22.233238&z=13
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 04:11 PM   #8631
MichiH

Of course. It's lot 4... This is lot 2 which mentioned in the news article:

A1: Dumbrava – Margina 15km (2013 to May 2016) – project – map

I don't like this damn lot designations.......

Old November 24th, 2015, 06:59 AM   #8632
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
If I got it right, it's just reported that the designated PM said that the project is important and that the project is important for Dacia... FS should be completed in 2016 "in best case", tender procedures could begin and construction works will not be started before 2017.

I think this reports sounds more realistic than the last reports but... Sorry, I know that it's not correct to compare Romania and Germany but I would say that announcements like this from German authorities or media means, that it not likely to see any construction works during this decade)...
FS for the first 40 km (30 km from Pitesti and 10 km from Sibiu) should be ready this December, according to the contract. So there are high chances that these lots could be contracted by mid-2016, and thus hopefully completed by 2018.

For the rest of lots which are not even very clear at the moment as there are 5 different routes proposed, the FS will be completed next year, so work will most probably start in 2017, and hopefully completed by 2020.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

definitivo liked this post
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:59 PM   #8633
pasadia

Quote:
Rhetorical question: Still expected to be opened in 2015... (it's not included in the 2015 calculation of the article though)

A1: Timisoara-East – Balint (A6) 35.6km (2011 to Late 2015) – ? – map
Well, yes, there is very possible an opening of that section. Latest pictures that I've seen are from 2 days ago.

But we have no information about opening date. Maybe 1 december, as it is our national day, or maybe later in december as it happened in 2013 (but before Christmas).

For now we are enjoying our fiorst snow of the season (although in that area probably only rains). So I imagine that this week won't get much works done.
Old November 25th, 2015, 11:24 PM   #8634
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
For now we are enjoying our fiorst snow of the season (although in that area probably only rains). So I imagine that this week won't get much works done.
Yes, it was snowing in Sibiu on Tuesday morning but only some rain westwards. I think it's not bad for motorway construction up to the present.

Old November 29th, 2015, 05:37 PM   #8635
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Do anyone know how the border crossing between Romania and Ukraine is going? More specificaly between Halmeu and Nevetlenfolu (I wanted to go to Ukraine but I'm a bit feared that I will have to wait hours to go through the border like it is currently the case between Romania and Hungary at the new Nadlac border control during last days because of the events of Paris (ie : http://www.aradon.ro/haos-la-frontie...nuntit/1593164 ). Is it the same between Romania and Ukraine?
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2015, 06:24 PM   #8636
ukraroad

Well I saw people staying even days to Poland. I guess the queues must be like 3.5-6 hours waiting average. See ukrainian forums on the topic. Btw, use other border, cause the road is simply terrible, you can ride it but I heard some cars breaking down on the road. That before was about Ukraine. Romania: try not to use borders ilke ro-ua and pl-ua on Fridays and vice versa on Sundays. Too long queues on the days. I think it won't be too bad like 1.5 hours or that, but beware the road with half-metre deep dents in Ukraine. But where are you going really? Some detours are possible

winnipeg liked this post
Old November 29th, 2015, 07:07 PM   #8637
winnipeg

Quote:
Well I saw people staying even days to Poland. I guess the queues must be like 3.5-6 hours waiting average. See ukrainian forums on the topic. Btw, use other border, cause the road is simply terrible, you can ride it but I heard some cars breaking down on the road. That before was about Ukraine. Romania: try not to use borders ilke ro-ua and pl-ua on Fridays and vice versa on Sundays. Too long queues on the days. I think it won't be too bad like 1.5 hours or that, but beware the road with half-metre deep dents in Ukraine. But where are you going really? Some detours are possible
Seriously, days ?!?

Okay, thank you for these informations!!

Oh I have nothing important to do in Ukraine, I was just asking myself about visiting the south-west of the country as I'm not so far from here and I never been in Ukraine.... but maybe i't not a great idea and it would probably be better that I stay in Romania than losing so much time in borders and risking to break my car...
Old November 29th, 2015, 07:58 PM   #8638
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Ukraine Anti-Tourist Centre

winnipeg liked this post
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 08:20 AM   #8639
ukraroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
Seriously, days ?!?

Okay, thank you for these informations!!

Oh I have nothing important to do in Ukraine, I was just asking myself about visiting the south-west of the country as I'm not so far from here and I never been in Ukraine.... but maybe i't not a great idea and it would probably be better that I stay in Romania than losing so much time in borders and risking to break my car...
Well, I told you'd lose it in Ukraine. South-west is not transcarpathian but Reni and Izmail. There M18 is in repair, but most of the road is still a deep ass. Go thru Hungary up to Zahony border. There the road is pretty smooth

winnipeg liked this post
Old November 30th, 2015, 05:52 PM   #8640
winnipeg

Quote:
Well, I told you'd lose it in Ukraine. South-west is not transcarpathian but Reni and Izmail. There M18 is in repair, but most of the road is still a deep ass. Go thru Hungary up to Zahony border. There the road is pretty smooth
Thanks for the advise, but going trough 2 borders doesn't sound like a great idea for me because there is already hours of waiting between HU-RO so I can't imagine if I add to that HU-UKR...

But it's okay, I don't miss too much I think...

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania