daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 27th, 2015, 10:28 AM   #8701
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2080

That means, A3 Carpathian crossing is not a PPP project, neither the A1 Carpathian crossing. I usually don't care about contract details but is there currently any PPP project ongoing or planned in Romania?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2015, 12:07 PM   #8702
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

No, Comarnic-Brașov is not a PPP anymore. It will be budget and EU funded mostly.

There is one PPP left and that is Craiova-Pitești which is n negotiations now but I doubt it will be more succesul than Comarnic-Ploiești. So it will probably fall into the same mix funded scheme somatime n the future.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

LG_ liked this post
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 03:58 PM   #8703
aubergine72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
A former forum member was appoint advisor to the minister of transportation in the current government. He moved for a while to the other RO forumpeundemerg.ro

Thimbs up Catalin and don't dissapoint us !

What was his username?
aubergine72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 05:28 PM   #8704
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubergine72 View Post
What was his username?
Cutterd. Not really active here, on SSC, for some time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Why would anyone waste money preparing a tender so???
Well, actually they need a new FS for mountain part of A3, as CNADNR FS from 2007 was without tunnels (most part of motorways through Sinaia and Busteni were done above Prahova valley, as a long viaduct). VIAROM proposal included in their FS 5 tunnels (2 at Comarnic, and one each at Sinaia, Busteni and Predeal), and CNANR agreed for 3 of them (Sinaia, Busteni and Predeal). Probably now they need those tunnels to apper in their FS as well so that they can start tender process including those.

So 2016 will be lost with that FS for most parts of Comarnic - Brasov and works could only began on those 4 kilometers around Comarnic and those 6 kilometers on the other end (around Rasnov and Cristian); these 10 kilometers were tender this autumn and we can expect to be contracted this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Did you mean 9 o'clock??? It can't be that light at 7 p.m.
As it was already explain to you, those picture were made during the day, as people expected the opening but no one knew when it will happen. It's a pretty strange situation not to have an official opening, with politicians and priest. It's good, but still strange.

And to finalize, some video of the new strech opened:
from Timisoara towards Lugoj, at 4* speed:

from Lugoj towards Timisoara, at normal speed:

Luki_SL, aubergine72, gr_kanev liked this post
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 08:49 AM   #8705
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

A year's end accounts of motorways in Romania, and what we could expect for 2016 in terms of openings and projects started (according to an informed journal):

2015: 46,6 km of motorways opened

- A1 Arad - Nadlac, Lot 2 - 11 km : July

- A1 Timisoara - Lugoj, Lot 2 - 25,6 km : December

- A1 Lugoj - Deva, Lot 2 - 10 km : December

2016: 75,45 km of motorways possibly to be opened

- A1 Lugoj - Deva, Lot 2 - 17 km

- A1 Lugoj - Deva, Lot 3 - 21 km

- A3 Gilau (Cluj Vest) - Nadaselu - 8,7 km

- A10 Sebes - Turda, Lot 3 - 12,45 km

- A10 Sebes - Turda, Lot 4 - 16,3 km

New projects to be started in 2016:

- A3 Nadaselu - Mihaiesti - 16,8 km
- A3 Campia Turzii - Tg. Mures - 56 km
- A3 Comarnic - Brasov - 10,3 km
- A3 Bucuresti - Sos. Popasului - 3 km
- A3 Suplacu de Barcau - Bors - 64 km
- A7 Bacau by pass - 16 km
- Bucharest Ring South* - 35 km

* Unlikely to me.
** I hope to see contracts signed next year for Sibiu-Pitesti , at least for the 2 end sections, with FS almost ready. There is reasonable time to tender and contract them by end year.

Length of motorways opened in last years:

2009 - 42 km
2010 - 28 km
2011 - 57 km
2012 - 139 km
2013 - 108 km
2014 - 50,5 km
2015 - 46,6 km

Lenght of motorways in use by year:

2008: 262,9 km
2009: 304,9 km
2010: 332,5 km
2011: 389,15 km
2012: 528,15 km
2013: 636,5 km
2014: 687 km
2015: 711,6 km*

* Without 22 km of Sibiu-Orastie motorway (now closed for repairs until next year)

And map from 130km.ro :

EasySeven, violinivo, gogo3o, MG42 liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; December 29th, 2015 at 09:02 AM.
Old December 29th, 2015, 09:52 AM   #8706
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1153

Thanks for the overview!

Quote:
A year's end accounts of motorways in Romania, and what we could expect for 2016 in terms of openings and projects started (according to an informed journal):

2015: 46,6 km of motorways opened

- A1 Arad - Nadlac, Lot 2 - 11 km : July

- A1 Timisoara - Lugoj, Lot 2 - 25,6 km : December

- A1 Lugoj - Deva, Lot 2 - 10 km : December

That last line should likely be
Quote:
- A1 Lugoj - Deva, Lot 1 - 10 km : December
right? (i.e. the already finished but not earlier usable part Balint - Sanovita)
Seems it was already wrong in the source quoted.

AlexAllex liked this post
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 11:00 AM   #8707
MichiH

Quote:
Thanks.

Quote:
And map from 130km.ro :
Please remove the map because data is totally different! A10 lot 1+2 and A3 Campia Turzii - Tg. Mures won't be opened in 2016 according to the monitorizari.hotnews.ro article.

The article has a better (but not perfect) map. I cannot embed the map but directly link it: http://hotnews.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...ue&theme=light. Legend:

black = opened <= 2014
blue = opened in 2015
red = could be opened in 2016
yellow = could be opened in 2017

Edit: I will move the estimated A10 lot 1+2 opening date to 2017. It's also "confirmed" by an article from August 2015 which reports that there's no chance to open it on schedule (October 2016) because the lack of building permits. I'm not sure if it's the same for lot 3+4. Are they still likely to be opened on schedule in March 2016?

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Last edited by MichiH; December 29th, 2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old December 29th, 2015, 07:21 PM   #8708
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I know the map from 130km.ro is not exact. But I did not find any exact map, and I posted the approximation. A7 and A0 are also missing from that map, and while A0 is not probable to be started next year, A7 is.
Old December 29th, 2015, 09:19 PM   #8709
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I'm not sure if it's the same for lot 3+4. Are they still likely to be opened on schedule in March 2016?
I don't think that it's on schedule according to the following December pics:

http://forum.peundemerg.ro/index.php...0274#msg100274
http://forum.peundemerg.ro/index.php...0276#msg100276

Old December 30th, 2015, 12:12 AM   #8710
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Tjere's no way in hell that those 2 lots from A10 will be ready by next spring. They have both had issues with various authorisations, some of them due to changing the original course of the motorway (the A3-A10 interchance has been completely redesigned and looks nothing like the original). There is a good chance that they finish by the end of next year, if they pick up the pace, and of course, if the remaining authorisations are issued...

MichiH liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 02:30 PM   #8711
pasadia

First post here on 2016:

1. the bidding process for A3, Comarnic over-pass was cancelled. They received only one offer and it is said that this offer was incorrect.

From my point of view this is not a big deal as that segment was only 4 km long and didn't have a continuation in sight neither towards Ploiesti, neither towards Sinaia. We don't have any information about the other segment that was tendered in the same time, A3 around Rasnov - Cristian (Brasov county).

2. On the missing segment between Lugoj and Deva he have a nice map, courtesy of cristi5 from PUM:

uninterrupted line are in use; the red ones were done in 2013 and open to traffic only in 2015 as there were no I/C at the end.

dashed lines are under construction:
- between Traian Vuia and Margina there are hopes that opening will come this summer.
- between Margina and Holdea is the 6 kilometers segment where a new tender is needed for that 3 tunnels that are to be build. Estimated date for opening: 2018.
- Between Holdea and Grind I/C there would not be traffic in 2016-2018 unless a temporary I/C won't be build near Holdea.
- Between Grind and Ilia I/C there is a possible opening late this year.
- Even between Ilia and Deva I/C there are hopes for an opening late in 2016 but 2017 is more likely for that segment.

AlexAllex, winnipeg, gr_kanev, dnd, EasySeven and 6 others liked this post
Old January 4th, 2016, 06:19 PM   #8712
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Thank you very much for those great explanations for Lugoj-Deva, it's much much easier to see the progress on this segment!!

I hope that there will be no other delay...

puzzeltiger liked this post
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 09:59 PM   #8713
pasadia

More bad news abot motorway building in Roumania. For Pitesti - Sibiu section, where an FS is underway, there is a fresh report coming out from JASPERS (in english) that basicly says that all the works done so far are not good.

So a new delay in presenting a final version of this FS is in order. Probably the ending section (in plain terrain) will have a FS done but autumn 2016 (instead of december 2015) and the mountain section probably in 2017.
Old January 8th, 2016, 11:05 PM   #8714
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
For Pitesti - Sibiu section ... all the works done so far are not good.
Have the widening / broadening works on some sections been completed in 2015?
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #8715
pasadia

Widening of the old DN7 is not over. But, most important, is of NO great importance since it's made for no more that 4-5 km. So I really don't care about that and neither should anyone else. And I can't see the point in widening since we are planning a motorway exactly around there.
Old January 9th, 2016, 03:21 PM   #8716
MichiH

Maybe it's not important but I think it's quite interesting to know which projects are ongoing and for which (useless) projects money is invested.

In addition, you've recently reported another delay for the motorway project. I think the 2x2 widening does not cost much money and it could be a reasonable investment.... When will the (parallel) motorway be completed there, 2020, 2022, 2025,..?

nenea_hartia liked this post
Old January 9th, 2016, 05:20 PM   #8717
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Sibiu-Pitesti motorway is pretty much blasted off the table for the 2014-2020 fiancing by the EC cosultant Jasper. Next ! Comarnic-Brasov and A7-A0.

Quote:
The content of the documents reviewed is not suitable at this stage to support a successful Financing Application for the project. As recommended in the Commission’s Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/207, the Option Analysis should be carried out in two steps: in the first step looking at basic strategic options (i.e. type of infrastructure and location for the project) and in the second one at specific solutions at the technological level.

The option analysis process should start with the strategic background, the context within the relevant national strategic plans and development programs (e.g. General Transport Master Plan and the Large Infrastructure Operational Program) and determination of key project objectives. The Reports fail to present this strategic background sufficiently.

Quote:
Conclusion
While the merits of the proposed preferred options are acknowledged, the manner in which the option
analysis is presented does not allow for a clear and certain confirmation of the selection process.
Based on all of the above JASPERS cannot confirm the adequacy of the documents for the support of
a successful Financing Application and recommends review and redoing of the route alignment study
using a clear methodology, robust and adequate scoring framework without duplications, based on
reliable and robust Traffic Study and reliable CBA tool, realistic timetables, engineering solutions
optioneering considering buildability and environmental issues and the latest surveys and information.
JASPERS support remains available assist with future development of the project.
Old January 9th, 2016, 05:43 PM   #8718
MichiH

Quote:
Sibiu-Pitesti motorway is pretty much blasted off the table for the 2014-2020 fiancing by the EC cosultant Jasper. Next ! Comarnic-Brasov and A7-A0.
I think the planning procedure is not (much) more advanced for the other projects mentioned.....

Old January 9th, 2016, 05:46 PM   #8719
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

But it is much more easy to prepare and build. In plains, innit ?! Except for Comarnic-Brasov where it is still not ready yet, but it will be ready years before the Pitesti-Sibiu considering the fact that the latter appears to have to be redone. Comarnic-Brasov is also half the Sibiu-Pitesti in lenght. Ponta is vindicated !!
Old January 14th, 2016, 07:21 AM   #8720
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Wait, more bad news. Or good, depending on the angle you look at it.

Contract with Salini Impregilo to build segment no. 3 of Orastie - Sibiu Motorway, cancelled

Quote:
The contract with Salini Impregilo to build segment no.3 of the Orastie - Sibiu Motorway has been cancelled, and a process to select a new company to remedy the deficiencies in that area will be started, with works to be completed in August, said Transport Minister Dan Costescu.

Under these circumstances, the traffic on the said motorway could be resumed in September this year.

"I have received a communication from CNADNR [the National Company of Motorways and National Roads] for the cancellation of the contract with the current constructor [for segment no. 3 of the Orastie-Sibiu Motorway]. At the same time, a new call for tenders for selecting the new constructor to fix the deficiencies will be launched. The deadline for these works, if no dispute arises, is August. That means in early or in mid-September, motorway traffic may be resumed," the transport minister told a Wednesday's conference at the ministry's headquarters.

A document of the Ministry of European Funds shows that the motorway in question has Q3 2018 as completion deadline and the remaining investment amounts to 92.4 million euros.

Also, CNADNR is pondering to cancel the contract for Sibiu-Pitesti feasibility contract for bad peformance.

Last edited by Le Clerk; January 14th, 2016 at 07:30 AM.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania