daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 15th, 2016, 06:01 PM   #8741
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

BTW: motorway priorities of the current gov, according to a document issued today:

Sibiu – Piteşti : 116 km : 2,075 mld. euro
Suplacu de Barcau - Bors :74 km: 92 mil Euro
documentation for Braşov – Comarnic:58 km :1,237 mld. euro
documentation for Nadaselu - Suplacu de Barcau 93 km : 115 mil euro
documentation Ploieşti – Buzău : 65 km : 315 mil. euro
Buzău – Focşani : 72 km : 350 mil. euro
documentation for Focşani – Bacău :109,3 km : 428 mil. euro
documentation for Bacău – Paşcani: 81 km : 482 mil. euro
documentation for Tg. Neamţ – Iaşi – Ungheni : 135 km : 1,4 mld. euro
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2016, 06:07 PM   #8742
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
More bad news today. CNADNR cancelled the FS for Comarnic-Brasov. Romania cannot into building motorway into the mountains.
What is an 'FS' (feasibility study) exactly in Romania? To me a feasibility study sounds like a rough cost-benefit estimate to see if it is economically and technically possible, based on several alternatives.

But you guys make it sound it is a far more detailed design of a motorway and its environmental impact.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2016, 06:08 PM   #8743
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Expensive documentation works

btw: I think 1,4 mld. euro is 1.4 billion €

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2016, 06:10 PM   #8744
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

It is the estimate value of each project obviosly .
Old January 15th, 2016, 06:21 PM   #8745
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What is an 'FS' (feasibility study) exactly in Romania? To me a feasibility study sounds like a rough cost-benefit estimate to see if it is economically and technically possible, based on several alternatives.

But you guys make it sound it is a far more detailed design of a motorway and its environmental impact.
FS includes economic, financial, traffic, geological, technical, arheological aspects of the project. It is complicated and the EU changed în FS reporting made it even more complex for the mountain projects.
Old January 15th, 2016, 06:26 PM   #8746
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Expensive documentation works

btw: I think 1,4 mld. euro is 1.4 billion €
True. Golden documentation with some antiforgery signs...
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 12:16 AM   #8747
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
Maybe they just evolded quicker than Romania and get rid quicker of corruption and sh*ts like that, that are continously blocking Romania...
Actually is the other way around: Roumania use to had corupt officials and that helps a project to be carried out until the finish line (with some cost, of course). Now, since our prosecutors started working full-program, everyone is too damn afraid to make a decision. Not only politicians, but simple officials in goverment agencies hide behind legal regulations nd take no action. And this is way we can not get a building autorisathion in less than a year...

In Bulgaria I'm really afraid to ask how many regulation they disobey in order to build a highway in less than 9 month.

Quote:
Btw, is Suceava Bypass(2K as I remember) complete to the other side, so those driving from Ukraine to e.g. Bacau would not enter any town there. Also DN2 in Falticeni bothers me. Road after WW II, if not worse
No, Suceava Bypass is not over, but DN2 in Falticeni was repaired last summer as far as I know.

winnipeg, MichiH liked this post
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 03:01 AM   #8748
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
Actually is the other way around: Roumania use to had corupt officials and that helps a project to be carried out until the finish line (with some cost, of course). Now, since our prosecutors started working full-program, everyone is too damn afraid to make a decision. Not only politicians, but simple officials in goverment agencies hide behind legal regulations nd take no action. And this is way we can not get a building autorisathion in less than a year...

In Bulgaria I'm really afraid to ask how many regulation they disobey in order to build a highway in less than 9 month.
Right, that's an interesting point of view!

Still it's not so much cleaner in Romania, and from the beginning, for example with CNADNR which is probably not an example of cleaness, and I don't even talk about all the contestations when a bid is won by a company that is delaying the beginning of the works... and even the result is disapointing, like Cunta-Sibiu who is now under rebuilding, Arad-Timisoara that has to be fixed only 1 year after the openning and as it will probably be the case for Arad-Nadlac...

But yeah, I could easily compare with what I see in France, even if the works are way better in term of quality (no such need to be fixed after building), it takes years or even decades to build big infrastructures... even if in a way most of the actual projects in western Europe are not really comparable to the A1 highway which is vital for Romania and Bucarest (and will helps to reduce the number of killed people on the road, like on the very dangerous DN7 and so much others... ).

I just hope that in 2 years (2018), Sibiu will be reachable by a such safe highway...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 08:59 AM   #8749
nabludatel50

Likes (Received): 711

Just in Bulgaria Prime Minister said the builder: I do not care who has the contract, will understand and mobilize all known companies like 3-month highway was built and only then will you pay - as a result of the SST - 13 km, 6 lines + 2 emerg. lines , there were days in 2400 to operate the truck simultaneously. Estranged six months, with a gradual introduction of the technique of sections of 200-300 m with ready building permits and paid for land owners. The remaining 3 km would also be built if it were found archaeological finds.
Nobody believed that only three months can be constructed highway, but soon romanian cars will travel on highway to Bansko and Chalkidiki. In Greece, also have released a stretch of 10 km Serres before the end of 2016 to read A 25 is completed

winnipeg liked this post

Last edited by nabludatel50; January 16th, 2016 at 09:11 AM.
nabludatel50 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 10:59 AM   #8750
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabludatel50 View Post
soon .. cars will travel on highway to Bansko and Chalkidiki.
Which Bulgarian highway is this? And which part is the 3 km with possible delay due to archeological research?
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 02:25 PM   #8751
pasadia

Quote:
Right, that's an interesting point of view!

Still it's not so much cleaner in Romania, and from the beginning, for example with CNADNR which is probably not an example of cleaness,
Well, no, it is not. But still, our DNA (Anti-coruption Prosecution Agency) started to investigate road construction subject for some time now (Romstrade was first major constructor investigated). They will get to high officials, don't worry.

But al this investigatian started later that 2012 and many contracts were signed before that date (Arad - Timisoara, Orastie - Sibiu, etc...). So the effects in road quality will appear later on.

winnipeg liked this post
Old January 16th, 2016, 02:31 PM   #8752
nabludatel50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theijs View Post
Which Bulgarian highway is this? And which part is the 3 km with possible delay due to archeological research?
Izvolite

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=6866

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=6867

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=6915
Old January 16th, 2016, 03:02 PM   #8753
ukraroad

I believe Ponta is not that bad, he just cleans the s*** from previous years. The consequences are harsh ar the beginning, but it will pass. We just need to see in farther perspective to judge whether anything goes OK . Just another hard hill to climb...
Old January 16th, 2016, 05:16 PM   #8754
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabludatel50 View Post
Just in Bulgaria Prime Minister said the builder: I do not care who has the contract, will understand and mobilize all known companies like 3-month highway was built and only then will you pay - as a result of the SST - 13 km, 6 lines + 2 emerg. lines , there were days in 2400 to operate the truck simultaneously. Estranged six months, with a gradual introduction of the technique of sections of 200-300 m with ready building permits and paid for land owners. The remaining 3 km would also be built if it were found archaeological finds.
Nobody believed that only three months can be constructed highway, but soon romanian cars will travel on highway to Bansko and Chalkidiki. In Greece, also have released a stretch of 10 km Serres before the end of 2016 to read A 25 is completed
Do you also have a pissed-off dude called JASPERS?!
Old January 16th, 2016, 05:26 PM   #8755
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:

Still it's not so much cleaner in Romania, and from the beginning, for example with CNADNR which is probably not an example of cleaness,
CNADNR has a problem of organisation first of all. And of constant political reprioritisation. There were no corruption scandals in CNADNR.

Quote:
and I don't even talk about all the contestations when a bid is won by a company that is delaying the beginning of the works... and even the result is disapointing, like Cunta-Sibiu who is now under rebuilding, Arad-Timisoara that has to be fixed only 1 year after the openning and as it will probably be the case for Arad-Nadlac...
Legal contestation is a part of EU due process, which is ... plain normal, even though protracting.

Quote:
I just hope that in 2 years (2018), Sibiu will be reachable by a such safe highway...
No way !
Old January 16th, 2016, 05:27 PM   #8756
pasadia

@ukraroad

Let's just say that the rise of justice in Roumania it's not Ponta or any other politician doing. It is just good legislation obtain hard since 2005 and implementation. Long and painfull implementation.

ukraroad, LG_ liked this post
Old January 16th, 2016, 08:04 PM   #8757
ukraroad

It was inevitable anyway. Тяжело в учебе, легко в бою!(Hard at learning[beginning], easy in battle[later])

ionut.cava liked this post
Old January 16th, 2016, 08:06 PM   #8758
nabludatel50

Quote:
Do you also have a pissed-off dude called JASPERS?!
Le Clerk, Do not misunderstand me - I wanted to tell you that the construction of highways is a simple task if a politician makes it complicated, so it is a problem
Old January 17th, 2016, 10:04 PM   #8759
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Or good,

Contract with Salini Impregilo to build segment no. 3 of Orastie - Sibiu Motorway, cancelled

Also, CNADNR is pondering to cancel the contract for Sibiu-Pitesti feasibility contract for bad peformance.
Whoho! Just one short moment we can dream of CNADNR gets more intelligent by time.... To kick Impregilos ass is good news anyway. But i bet they are hired again in new projects....

But to hinder them building crap is worth at least !

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 03:00 AM   #8760
Ionuty

Likes (Received): 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
Whoho! Just one short moment we can dream of CNADNR gets more intelligent by time.... To kick Impregilos ass is good news anyway. But i bet they are hired again in new projects....

But to hinder them building crap is worth at least !
They won't be allowed to participate in tenders for like two years, they're on a black list.

belerophon liked this post
Ionuty no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania