daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2016, 06:57 AM   #8781
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post

complicated statistics...
but the key issue is Romania does not consume the fruits the EU offers.
I would even say Romania is not aware there are some EU fruits to consume.
Romania took 75% of EU funds in 2007-2013 EU funding cycle. This does not mean Romania does not consume the EU funds. However, it is true it took only 60% of the infrastructure funds, which is very bad. This also does not mean zero. But I hope it will be 100% or more in the 2014-2020 funding cycle.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2016, 06:58 AM   #8782
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Well, not all roads are that, so even without Nadlac-Timisoara we get a around 42km/year. The reasons of so bad quality: a) finish quickly b)save money c)earn more money(Machiavellian:every architect dreams of having a big part of a city burnt out, every doctor dreams of an epidemic...). So the people who construct badly are arsonists, and they require CNADNR to remake everything, so they earn profit. Then the director should be in jail
Are you even real ?!
Old January 27th, 2016, 07:04 AM   #8783
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
A country like RO I think will have 467 km u/c. PL has 920km. That result is caused by the fact RO built 113 km from 1967-89(first section opened 1972); in 1990s there was nothing, and the bulk was constructed btw 2001 and now. Openings came in 2004(first) to the last btw Timispara and Lugoj. So, in Communist RO: av. 6.6km/year, 1989-2004: 0; 2004-2016: 51.58 km/year(Lot 3 of Salini excluded(A1). Not fast, but still better than 18km/year. Bulgaria is performing a bit better than that, still.
Dude, these comparisons don't make sense at all. First, communists never proposed more motorways except for the stretch between Bucharest and Pitesti, despite the fact that some plans were drawn at some point in time. Romania proposed to build motorways in earnest after 2000, so except for the 110 km of Pitesti-Bucharest built during communist, the rest were built after 2000s. Not during 40 years, but during the last 15 years or less actually.
Old January 28th, 2016, 08:22 PM   #8784
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
But the global quality wasn't better during communism? I mean, they are probably building a lot right now, but when you look at all the repairs that have been done, like on TM-Arad, or Cunta-Saliste that has been completly demolished and is under rebuilding, or Arad-Nadlac where the work has been badly done on some part (and uilder will have to repair all the concerned sections during next summer)...

So probably the building rithm has nothing to see with what has been done during communism, but the fact is that now they choose the poorest builder possible (or so) who will buid the cheappest way without paying attention if the builded roads will last more than few months...
You do realise that Bucharest-Pitesti has been modernised TWICE in a 10 year span, don't you? And it continues to be substandard, far below the requirements for a modern motorway (due to crappy projects and crappy builders). And it's supposed to be modernised again sometime in the future, this time for real (that A0 concession + A1&A2 maintenance that LeClerk keeps bringing into the discussion includes just that). Also, Cernavoda-Constanta which was opened in 1988 has been completely rebuilt from the foundation ~10 years ago, where possible. The bridges will remain in poor condition, sadly, although they are ~28 years old... The Cernavoda bridge complex refurbishing contract that is currenyly underway only refers to the rail infrastructure.

So no, advanced infrastructure built during communism really should stay out of the discussion, if we wish to keep it serious

winnipeg, nenea_hartia liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2016, 10:15 PM   #8785
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Yes, I don't deny this, at first it was about the number of km of motorway opened during comunism vs. after, which is still pointless for me.... even if my arguments were not very good...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 08:30 AM   #8786
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Pitesti-Sibiu Highway project, under emergency working conditions

BY NINEOCLOCK • FEBRUARY 10, 2016 AT 12:09 PM 46 VIEWS

Quote:

Catalin Homor, CEO of the National Highways and Roads Company (CNADNR), has decided to set up a working group in order to urgently complete the feasibility study on the Sibiu-Pitesti Highway. According to a CNADNR communiqué, starting on February 8, the company’s CEO decided to set up a working group dubbed “The Unit for the Implementation of the Feasibility Study: Revising/Updating the Feasibility Study for the Sibiu-Pitesti Highway.”

“The Sibiu-Pitesti Highway is our main infrastructure project and I decided to set up this implementation unit in order to hasten the completion of the feasibility study and in order to be sure that it matches the facts on the ground so that, once it is completed, we can start the tendering for the construction works. This project team will particularly monitor the detailed completion of special studies, so that the feasibility study would respect the quality standards imposed by the European Union,” Homor stated.

The implementation unit will exercise its specific prerogatives and take the necessary measures in order to complete the feasibility study – in line with the contractual deadline and quality parameters imposed by the tender book. -, the Technical Proposal attached to the contract, legal norms and other relevant regulations, to file monthly reports analyzing the documentation authored by the designer, to verify and approve monthly progress reports in line with the requirements imposed by the contract, which will be approved by the Technical Directorate and presented to the CEO, but also to back the financing request, with the designer’s support, in order to have it approved by the competent entities.

Other feasibility studies to be completed this year (and so tenders for works could be launched) are for the Danube bridge at Braila, A0 south* (as I was mentioning above and disputed by others), and a section of A8 (Tg Mures-Ditrau). Also, SF for A7 (Ploiesti-Focsani-Bacau) will be launched. Source

*It is well probable that A0 south and Bucharest DX ring south will be built in parallel. Tenders for Bucharest DX ring south are in preparation.

Last edited by Le Clerk; February 11th, 2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old February 11th, 2016, 03:25 PM   #8787
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Dude, do you even read?? The article YOU quoted clearly states that the FS being prepared at the moment are for the bridges at Ungheni, Sighetu Marmatiei and Braila, the Meses Tunnel, Comarnic, Busteni and Campina bypasses, part of Tg Mures-Ditrau (which is weird, as I remember the tender for this was cancelled a few months back, maybe he was confused and meant Tg Neamt-Iasi-Ungheni?). And, last but not least, the FS for the widening of the southern half of Bucharest ring-road. No mention whatsoever of any part of A0 for the moment. Also, in the near future they should tender the FS for the Ploiesti-Buzau-Focsani-Bacau motorway (!?!?? - the MasterPlan stated that there will be an expressroad on this route, maybe they got wiser meanwhile, but I dunno how they could modify or overrule it at this point).

I am quoting the part of the article LeClerk posted (in romanian) in order to avoid any further embarressment..

Quote:
Cătălin Homor: Finalizăm studiul pentru lărgirea la 4 benzi a Centurii de Sud a Capitalei, se lucrează la documentația pentru Tunel Meseș, pod peste Tisa în apropiere de Sighetul Marmației, pod peste Dunăre la Brăila, pod peste Prut la Ungheni și o parte din autostrada Târgu Mureș-Ditrău. Avem în derulare studiile de fezabilitate pentru ocolitoarele orașelor Comarnic, Bușteni, Câmpina. Lansăm SF-ul pentru autostrada Ploiesti-Focșani-Bacău. Studiile de fezabilitate, anul trecut, au fost evaluate la aproximativ 80 milioane de lei. Nu s-au plătit acești bani pentru că avem diferite proceduri în derulare.

pasadia liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2016, 08:40 AM   #8788
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

OK. I admit I misread about the A0 soth FS. There you go ! Mea culpa !
Old March 8th, 2016, 06:56 AM   #8789
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I see this thread has stalled. I will publish a recent news that has been going on on the Romania media, and the below is a summary. However, what the news does not say is that there have been other reports from the local media that Daimler has already bought large swaths of land around the gear box plant it already owns near Sebes. The investment decision is going to be made this year, according to the German media, who also mentions that Russia was initially the target for investment decision, but that was dropped as a result of the economic problems there. Recently, another large appliances plant was relocated from Russia to Romania, also due to economic problems in Russia, and will be located close to A1 near Pitesti - ARCTIC TO INVEST EUR 100MN IN NEW PLANT .

How is a car plant related to a road thread? The gear boxes plant and the future car plant are located at the very junction between A1 and A10 (which is currently U/C to be completed in part this year, and the rest next year).

Mercedes Benz considers opening car factory in Romania
6 days ago

Quote:
Motor car manufacturer Daimler is planning to become the largest premium car manufacturer in the world, with big plans ahead Mercedes Benz in Romania. To achieve this goal, Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Daimler AG board of directors, said a new plant is needed. It could be built in Romania, where Daimler has a factory that produces gearboxes in Sebes, Alba County (Central-western Romania), Ziarul Financiar informs.

“The decision on the new plant is a very rational process in which we compare all aspects of education level, availability of labour force, logistics, infrastructure, how easy it is to do business in that country, distance to suppliers and customers. Romania can be a solution. In Romania we have a positive experience due to the gearbox factory, which is very good. It’s an advantage for Romania that we have a factory for gearboxes there,” said Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of Daimler AG board of directors.

“We are already manufacturing beyond the installed technical capacity by additional shifts, and at some point we will reach the moment when we will need additional capacity for new production. Now expand in Brazil, South Africa and other countries, in China for example. But a moment will come when we will need a new plant at European level. It is unlikely to add an additional production capacity in Germany as growth doesn’t come from there,” said Zetsche.

In Romania, Daimler group started in 2013 an investment plan of EUR 300 million in a gearbox plant in Sebes.
It's nothing certain yet but the connected local and German news pile up. It is also connected to a recent business trip that Iohannis took în Germany.

Last edited by Le Clerk; March 8th, 2016 at 08:27 AM.
Old March 8th, 2016, 08:38 AM   #8790
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

This is about further car production capacities relocated to România, to a hopefully not very future motorway.

Ford May Move More Production to Craiova Plant in Romania
February 18, 2016

Quote:
Ford is said to be adding production of both the Ka minicar and EcoSport small SUV to its Craiova, Romania manufacturing plant, according to a report from Automotive News Europe.

A report released Tuesday from the Ziarul Financiar business paper stated that Ford was considering moving production of both models to the plant in order to reduce or eliminate importing of the EcoSport from India for sales in Europe. The next-gen Ka is currently built in Tychy, Poland at the Fiat plant as part of a production deal that is set to end in April.

Last edited by Le Clerk; March 8th, 2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old March 8th, 2016, 10:23 AM   #8791
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

And on the same thoughts ...

8,000 Dacia plant trade unionists stage protest in Mioveni in support of Sibiu-Pitesti motorway

Quote:
About 8,000 people are taking part to the protest staged by Automobile Dacia trade union in Mioveni Monday afternoon. The trade unionists requests include, among others, the speeding up of the building of Pitesti-Sibiu motorway.

The protesters claim the building of the highway would lead to the setting up of thousands of jobs.
Old March 8th, 2016, 09:25 PM   #8792
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
However, what the news does not say is that there have been other reports from the local media that Daimler has already bought large swaths of land around the gear box plant it already owns near Sebes. The investment decision is going to be made this year, according to the German media, who also mentions that Russia was initially the target for investment decision, but that was dropped as a result of the economic problems there.
Yes, STA has bought land to be able to extent the existing plant. But it's planned to build another building for a new transmission type. I think the decision for the new transmission production was already made about one year ago.

There's no space for any extension of the German transmission plant in Stuttgart. They temporarily hired a building for assembling the old 7 gear automatic transmission four years ago but it's planned to be closed when the 9 gear automatic transmission in Sebes is in full production and the 9 gear transmission is used for all car models. They currently ramp-on the production in Romania but one shift only. It's the mentioned 300 million € investment.

Quote:
In Romania, Daimler group started in 2013 an investment plan of EUR 300 million in a gearbox plant in Sebes.
The German article reports that they need two new engine plants in addition to the new final assembly plant. One should be in China (the existing one was build up during the last 5 years), the other one in Eastern Europe.

There's already a final assembly plant in Kecskemét, Hungary.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

LG_ liked this post

Last edited by MichiH; March 8th, 2016 at 09:33 PM.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 03:42 AM   #8793
Robertkc

Likes (Received): 18

Article in the Serbian press about EU funding for the development of project and technical documentation for a motorway connection (A9?) to connect Timisoara with Belgrade via Moravita, Vrsac and Pancevo. That border crossing (Moravita/Vatin) is the busiest of the RO-SRB borders.

http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/srbija.7...obija-auto-put

Le Clerk liked this post
Robertkc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 07:06 AM   #8794
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

That's good news, but I do not see any coordination with the Romanian side, which has no priorities there. It's weird considering it's about EU funds which are supposed to ensure cross-border coordination.
Old March 9th, 2016, 07:10 AM   #8795
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Yes, STA has bought land to be able to extent the existing plant. But it's planned to build another building for a new transmission type. I think the decision for the new transmission production was already made about one year ago.

There's no space for any extension of the German transmission plant in Stuttgart. They temporarily hired a building for assembling the old 7 gear automatic transmission four years ago but it's planned to be closed when the 9 gear automatic transmission in Sebes is in full production and the 9 gear transmission is used for all car models. They currently ramp-on the production in Romania but one shift only. It's the mentioned 300 million € investment.

The German article reports that they need two new engine plants in addition to the new final assembly plant. One should be in China (the existing one was build up during the last 5 years), the other one in Eastern Europe.

There's already a final assembly plant in Kecskemét, Hungary.
Maybe my reading of the German article is not very accurate, but I understand Daimler plans a new car plant. Actually, that was also mentioned by Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Daimler AG board of directors, when he was here.
Old March 9th, 2016, 09:51 PM   #8796
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Maybe my reading of the German article is not very accurate, but I understand Daimler plans a new car plant. Actually, that was also mentioned by Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Daimler AG board of directors, when he was here.
You are right, the article reports that a new car plant (final assembly) is planned. In addition, two new car engine plants are planned.

More precisely, the article reports that two new final assembly and two new engine plants are planned. One final assembly plant will be in Mexico (start of production in 2018), the location of the second one is not yet decided. It was under discussion that it could be in Russia. One engine plant will be in China, the second one will likely be in Eastern Europe.

Again, it's not reported in this article but the Sebes transmission plant will also be extended considerably.

A supplier plant is also extended close-by, about 20km from an A10 exit. Many new jobs...

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Le Clerk, AlexisMD liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 11:06 AM   #8797
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Sebes transmission will open next month:

Quote:
Daimler To Start Production At New Transmission Plant In April

German group Daimler will start the production of 9G Tronic automatic transmission for Mercedez-Benz vehicles at its new plant in Sebes (central Romania), in April.

A couple of recent drone fils on A10 (lots 3 & 4), made by Asociatia Pro Infrastructura:

lot 3: 12,45km (44% completion rate)

lot 4: 16.3 km (43% completion rate)

gr_kanev liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; March 10th, 2016 at 06:43 PM.
Old March 11th, 2016, 07:56 AM   #8798
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Road junction north of Ploiesti, on DN1B, currently U/C. The junction will connect 2 major traffic dirrections: from east of Romania to north to Brasov.

Fooxx67, 8166UY, rakcancer liked this post
Old March 11th, 2016, 08:06 AM   #8799
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
You are right, the article reports that a new car plant (final assembly) is planned. In addition, two new car engine plants are planned.

More precisely, the article reports that two new final assembly and two new engine plants are planned. One final assembly plant will be in Mexico (start of production in 2018), the location of the second one is not yet decided. It was under discussion that it could be in Russia. One engine plant will be in China, the second one will likely be in Eastern Europe.

Again, it's not reported in this article but the Sebes transmission plant will also be extended considerably.

A supplier plant is also extended close-by, about 20km from an A10 exit. Many new jobs...
BTW: there are more local reports on Daimler's new plant project.
Quote:
Reports Daimler plans new plant to set off tussle amongst CEE states

German car manufacturer Daimler is considering Slovakia as a location for a new plant, local media reported on March 9.

The report suggests the carmaker is hoping to spark competition for its favours across the region. It comes just a few days after the head of Daimler's management board, Dieter Zetsche, said Romania might be picked to host a factory. Meanwhile, the claim will have pricked up ears in Hungary, which already hosts a plant. The German firm has said in the past that it wants to expand the facility at Kecskemet.

Slovakia, which is the largest car producer per capita in Europe, is home to three large car assembly plants, run by Germany’s Volkswagen, France’s PSA Peugeot-Citroen and South Korea’s Kia Motors. Following months of speculation across Central Europe that the country was vying with Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic, Jaguar Land Rover announced in summer last year that it will place a £1bn plant in Slovakia. Romania hosts plants run by Renault and Ford.

Daimler division Mercedes-Benz Cars, which last year produced 2mn cars, is looking to divisify its production in Europe and hopes to open a new plant to turn out cars and another to produce engines, Slovak media claims. A spokesperson for Mercedes said the company is constantly looking for the proper location for a capacity boost, but did not reveal any more detail, reports portfolio.hu.

Daimler acquired a 441-hectare plot in Hungary in 2008, of which it currently uses only 160 hectares. The company originally planned to to use the remaining area to build a second plant to double potential capacity to 300,000 units, but that was derailed by the financial crisis. Since 2012 the company has been suggesting it will reinvigorate the plan, but it now appears less certain.

“It is true that we are continuously examining the parametres of the local production in connection with market growth and sale potential," Mercedes-Benz Cars corporate spokesman Matthias Krust said. “This applies to all markets and regions." A final decision on the expansion plans will be made by the end of March, Slovak media claims.

MichiH liked this post
Old March 11th, 2016, 07:36 PM   #8800
Fooxx67

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
Road junction north of Ploiesti, on DN1B, currently U/C. The junction will connect 2 major traffic dirrections: from east of Romania to north to Brasov.

I like this solution
Fooxx67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania