daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 30th, 2016, 04:58 PM   #8881
roaddor
In the brig

Likes (Received): 5490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Sibiu-Pitesti is planned to be completed by 2022 initially, now by 2021. Because EU funds from 2014-2020 need to be spent on that primarily. And A7 on the section Ploiesti-Bacau, which is a second priority. Of course, these come along A10 and A3 in between Bors and Tg Mures which are also funded by EU (with some small exceptions) and are U/C.

Ploiesti-Brasov (actually Comarnic-Brasov section of A3, as Ploiesti-Comarnic is a pretty decent 2x2 road) is not a priority anymore, even though there are plans to revise the FS as the recent tenders for works organised last year were a total failure because of the difficulty of the mountain sections and the poor drafting of the tender documentation. In the meantime, they will build by-passes for several choke-points on that route.

Craiova-Pitesti motorway is now again a 'priority' for the government who wants to convince Ford to produce electric cars here following the recent visit in the US of our PM, but let's see some actual progress there first ...
This is quite unexpected, in a positive way . So Romania have convinced EU to provide money for the A3 part from Bors to Targu Mures, for the whole A10 and if I understand you correctly also for the A7 part from Ploesti to Bacau. At the same time, these highways do not lie on the designated TEN-T corridors passing through Romania (Rhine-Danube and Orient/Eastern Mediterranean), which are the most important to EU with respect to fund allocation. I guess your administration has done its homework very well.
roaddor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2016, 10:23 AM   #8882
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

This is the TEN-T Core and Comprehensive map for RO&BG . Core is funded 85% by EU and Comprehensive much less .

Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2016, 11:02 AM   #8883
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The call for projects for infrastructure has been launched in ROmania.

The Minister of EU Funds calls for projects under EUR 5.8 bln infrastructure program
By Country Investment Reviews May 31, 2016

Quote:
The Minister of European Funds opened on Monday calls for financing roads, railroads and metro infrastructure development projects with a total budget of EUR 5.8 billion from the overall Large Infrastructure Operational Program 2014-2016.

According to AGERPRES “the financing requests for all the calls opened today will be registered between June, 1, 2016- December, 31, 2018. There will be financed infrastructure projects unfinished until the end of 2015, as well as new projects, prioritized for financing depending on the documents of strategic planning”.

The goal of roads infrastructure financing is to ensure the passengers and goods mobility in terms of insurance and efficiency of resources and irregularities removal from EU roads infrastructure, while the goal for train infrastructure is to finish the railroad aisle Rhin-Danube, more exactly the improvement of the railroad between Hungary and Constanta boundary, in this way ensuring the mobility growth on the railroad central TEN-T, as well as efficiency and competitiveness of railroad transport.

The budget of the railroads call is EUR 1.85 billion, the eligible applicants being the National Company of Railways CFR SA, the Transport Minister and other relevant beneficiaries.

The budget of the public roads call is EUR 3.27 billion and the eligible applicant is the National Company of Highways and National Roads, which is the administrator of roads infrastructure of national and European interest.

The Large Infrastructure Operational Program 2014-2020 has allocated almost EUR 12 billion for the transport, environment and energy sectors.

MirceaValahRO liked this post
Old May 31st, 2016, 02:37 PM   #8884
roaddor
In the brig

Quote:
This is the TEN-T Core and Comprehensive map for RO&BG . Core is funded 85% by EU and Comprehensive much less .

I know about these maps even though they are not complete. I mean the core networks in both countries are bigger than what is shown. It will be very good, however, if it is possible to make use of EU funding (85%) regarding the so called core network.
I was talking about the TEN-T corridors depicted below. They are the ones which have the funding of 85% by European commission and the EU priority is to finish them first. Afterwards if there are enough resources left, we could eventually apply for other main traces. It is very positive to see that your infrastructure operational program can also be adapted at this point of time to your core network.

Old May 31st, 2016, 06:46 PM   #8885
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

The call for projects (tenders?) includes improvement of the road from DTSeverin to Calafat?
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2016, 07:49 AM   #8886
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The current priorities of the CNADNR are:

1. Sibiu-Pitesti (A1)
2. Bors-Nadaselu (A3)
3. Ploiesti-Pascani (A7)
4. Tg Mures-Ungheni (A8)
5. Upgrade of Bucharest South belt (expressway)

and of curse completion of current works on A1 (Sibiu-Arad), A10 (Sebes-Turda) and A3 (Campia Turzii-Tg Mures)

LE: and recently Craiova-Pitesti motorway (A12) as I mentioned above, though I am still curios to see what is going to happen for that actually because it was a concession so far, and all concessions failed.

LE2: That's roughly EUR 20 B în projects while the budget in the call for projects is EUR 3.27 B - roads that is.

Basically TEN-T core with some exceptions.

MT Strategic plan:
http://media.hotnews.ro/media_server...-strategic.pdf

roaddor liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; June 1st, 2016 at 09:02 AM.
Old June 1st, 2016, 12:36 PM   #8887
roaddor
In the brig

Quote:

1. Sibiu-Pitesti (A1)
2. Bors-Nadaselu (A3)
3. Ploiesti-Pascani (A7)
4. Tg Mures-Ungheni (A8)

and of curse completion of current works on A1 (Sibiu-Arad), A10 (Sebes-Turda) and A3 (Campia Turzii-Tg Mures)

LE: and recently Craiova-Pitesti motorway (A12) as I mentioned above, though I am still curios to see what is going to happen for that actually because it was a concession so far, and all concessions failed.

LE2: That's roughly EUR 20 B în projects while the budget in the call for projects is EUR 3.27 B - roads that is.
I think point 5 in the list can be also added to the highway Bucharest (RO) - Veliko Turnovo (BG) together with a new bridge over Danube near the old and obviously with already limited capacity bridge. It is a good idea to join efforts for EU funds in this direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theijs View Post
The call for projects (tenders?) includes improvement of the road from DTSeverin to Calafat?
Definitely this segment as part of A6 will be upgraded to an expressway at least since it is the only way to enter Orient/East Med corridor in Bulgaria.

Last edited by roaddor; June 1st, 2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old June 1st, 2016, 06:14 PM   #8888
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

DTSeverin to Lugoj was upgraded and modernised under a ISPA financing program for heavy (read truck) traffic. It would make sense to continue the modernisation from DTSeverin to Calafat.

Don't take the priorities as the actual fact. This government will change at the end of the year so next year we may have other 'priorities'. However, in the meanwhile the masterplan will be approved, and A6 is there as well.
Old June 1st, 2016, 06:54 PM   #8889
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Edit: CNADNR has published the investment priorities for this call for projects:

New projects:
Quote:
A1: Sibiu - Piteşti motorway
A7: Ploieşti - Buzău-Focşani-Bacău expressway
A3 - Aeroport Henri Coandă expressway
Târgu Mureş by-pass
Bacău by-pass
Bucharest Ring
Piteşti - Râmnicu Vâlcea - Racoviţă DN
Câmpina - Săcele DN
A1 - Titu - Bâldana - Târgovişte DN
Tecuci by-pass DN
Mihăileşti by-pass DN;

Quote:
 DN 56 - Craiova - Calafat;
 DN 66 - Rovinari - Petroşani;
 DN 76 - Deva - Oradea;
 DN 6 - Alexandria - Craiova;
 DN 5 - Bucureşti - Adunaţii Copăceni;
 DN 73 - Piteşti - Braşov).

By-passes:
 Caracal;
 Carei;
 Braşov;
 Târgu Jiu;
 Suceava.
Completion of U/C projects:

Quote:
Lugoj - Deva motorway (lots 2, 3 and 4);
Sebeş - Turdam motorway (lots 1, 2, 3, 4);
Timişoara - Lugoj motorway.
http://www.cnadnr.ro/docs/comunicate...2016%20ref.pdf

winnipeg liked this post
Old June 4th, 2016, 01:14 PM   #8890
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddor View Post
I think point 5 in the list can be also added to the highway Bucharest (RO) - Veliko Turnovo (BG) together with a new bridge over Danube near the old and obviously with already limited capacity bridge. It is a good idea to join efforts for EU funds in this direction.
Actually no. South by-pass of Bucharest towards an expressway standard dosn't have anything to do with conectivity towards Bulgaria. It's mainly for local and small transit trafic.
Bucharest will need a real highway around, planned A0, and hopefully they will start building it soon, at least on northern part, between DN1 - Otopeni airport and A3.

Conectivity towards Bulgaria will be improve when they will decide an the location for a new bridge. And hopefully than won't be Giurgiu / Ruse. I hope to see a new bridge either at Turnu Magurele / Nikopol, either at Zimnicea / Shistov, asuring the direct link between Bucharest and Plevnen/Sofia.

Quote:
Definitely this segment as part of A6 will be upgraded to an expressway at least since it is the only way to enter Orient/East Med corridor in Bulgaria.
Don't be so sure about it. He have many others priorities ahead of that.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2016, 04:03 PM   #8891
aubergine72

A direct link to Istanbul is more important. That, along with plans on Ruse-Veliko Tarnovo highway and onwards, make Ruse-Giurgiu bridge a very plausible option.

roaddor liked this post
aubergine72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2016, 04:05 PM   #8892
adymartianul
Make Europe great again

Likes (Received): 3357

Free money is not important in Romania.

most liked this post
adymartianul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2016, 05:45 PM   #8893
roaddor
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
Actually no. South by-pass of Bucharest towards an expressway standard dosn't have anything to do with conectivity towards Bulgaria. It's mainly for local and small transit trafic.
Bucharest will need a real highway around, planned A0, and hopefully they will start building it soon, at least on northern part, between DN1 - Otopeni airport and A3.

Conectivity towards Bulgaria will be improve when they will decide an the location for a new bridge. And hopefully than won't be Giurgiu / Ruse. I hope to see a new bridge either at Turnu Magurele / Nikopol, either at Zimnicea / Shistov, asuring the direct link between Bucharest and Plevnen/Sofia.

Don't be so sure about it. He have many others priorities ahead of that.
I know A0 is a separate project in Romania, my idea is that with the new highway across Danube there, you can also solve half of the Bucharest ring in a highway grade. Thus the capital will get the southern ring and at the same time connect A1 and A2. I mean with one project two hits.

The old bridge at Ruse/Giurgiu is already suffocating from the increasing traffic and things will only deteriorate with time. So the spot needs a new modern and broader bridge which can cope with traffic demands. We are going to build Veliko Turnovo-Ruse highway and according to our plans the best place for a new bridge is very close eastwards to the old one. If I am not mistaken you have west of Giurgiu some areas in Natura2000 and this will delay a new bridge there.

Another bridge at Turnu Magurele/Nikopol is also supposed to be built but I am sure such a bridge will not precede the one at Giurgiu/Ruse. First the latter lies on the major European corridor IX and the distance from Bucharest to the river is nearer. Secondly Bucharest and Sofia will be connected all the way through highway taking into account the priority of our A2, which otherwise won't be the case if one takes the way to Turnu Magurele and then Pleven. And last but not least I don't expect Bulgaria and Romania are going pay so much attention to a bridge at Nikopol/TM at that point of time.
Zimnicea/Svishtov is too close to Giurgiu/Ruse to make sense both from geographic and economic point of view.

Last edited by roaddor; June 6th, 2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old June 4th, 2016, 06:41 PM   #8894
aubergine72

Quote:
Originally Posted by adymartianul View Post
Free money is not important in Romania.
aubergine72 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2016, 08:23 PM   #8895
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

The problem for Romanian politicians is that they need to justify the spending of free money, so they don't touch it. Together with a lack of knowledge and experience with the respective funds, it's my only way to explain the low use of European funds.
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 10:36 PM   #8896
roaddor
In the brig

Another promising Danube cross is at Silistra/Calarasi which is the shortest path from Istanbul and the Dardanelles to Warsaw along the future A7 and around Lvov in Ukraine. It can also serve the major traffic route from Kiev through Albita and then further south across the river there. I believe a branch of A7 from Buzau to Slobozia will do very good in this respect.
Old June 6th, 2016, 11:50 PM   #8897
pasadia

So now you start to understand why one like me would not invest into a new bridge at Giurgiu / Ruse.
Old June 7th, 2016, 09:46 PM   #8898
roaddor
In the brig

A new bridge at Ruse/Giurgiu is inevitable because it aggregates to a big extent the traffic around Bucharest from your A1, A3, future A7 and Galati. On the other side, it is a big concentration point on Danube for the traffic from southern (future A8), western and eastern (current and future A2) Bulgaria.
A bridge there will not only have positive influence on Bucharest as a whole but also on Brasov area.
Old June 8th, 2016, 03:49 PM   #8899
pasadia

Ok, I will stop here arguing because it's pretty clear that we see things different. Just to be clear what my point is:

Danube needs more crossing, I would not invest into a new one at Giurgiu / Ruse but instead I would rather see two new one: at Calarasi / Silistra and
- either somewhere close to Zimnicea (let's say near Krivina - Novgrad with direct conection towards Byala / Veliko Tarnovo)
- either Turnu Magurele / Nikopol conected towards Pleven

Neither of those should be build as motorway standard (2*2 + emergency lane) as there will NEVER be need so much traffic around there.
Old June 8th, 2016, 05:19 PM   #8900
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The next focus of the government following the slow closing of A1 motorway (former CIV) is to build-up A7 (former CIX), of which a section near Bacău is U/C and tenders are în preparaton to be launched soon for FS and design on other sections from Ploiesti to Bacău and further toward Iasi. These sections are projected to be completed by 2020-2022. Of course, this will mean more traffic coming from the former Sovietic space to Bucharest and further down to Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey. This means another bridge will probably be needed at Giurgiu-Ruse.

Quote:

1. Sibiu-Pitesti (A1)
2. Bors-Nadaselu (A3)
3. Ploiesti-Pascani (A7)
4. Tg Mures-Ungheni (A8)

roaddor, scurt/2 liked this post

Last edited by Le Clerk; June 8th, 2016 at 06:12 PM.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania