daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 11th, 2016, 04:14 PM   #9201
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
I have no clue and neither have other people here. So you're completely irrelevant again.
Won't stop you coming back next month with some ridiculous new national 'plan' and probably a Comaric-Brasov 4+4 Base Tunnel with built in underground skiing this time.

and802, nenea_hartia liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2016, 06:57 PM   #9202
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Well, you said it dude. I won't quote you that's for sure.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 10:02 AM   #9203
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

There are some highway connections b/n RO and SRB, e.g. M10, M12 and M18. In addition, a motorway b/n Timisoara and Belgrade is discussed but I don't think it will be built in foreseeable future.

You can find more info by using the "search this thread" feature. IIRC, it's usually discussed in the Serbian thread.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

yugo55 liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 11:25 AM   #9204
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
There are some highway connections b/n RO and SRB, e.g. M10, M12 and M18.
Neither country has M roads.

There's 5 national road connections (and 2 county road ones) between the two countries.

DN6A/R35 (E771)
DN57C/R18
DN59/R10 (E70)
DN59A/R12
DN59E/R15
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 12:13 PM   #9205
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

What does the 'R' mean? I thought Serbia switched to IB for non-motorway main roads.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 03:42 PM   #9206
sotonsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What does the 'R' mean? I thought Serbia switched to IB for non-motorway main roads.
Skitts law, I made the same mistake as MichiH and went with another country.

It is IB (or just B). Which also looks like an 'R'.

MichiH liked this post
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 08:27 PM   #9207
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugo55 View Post
Are there any plans to connect Romania and Serbia with highway?
As others said the Serbs are well into "Corridor XI" which is an entirely Serbian invention not an agreed international corridor and this 'corridor' seemingly leads to Timisoara.

Then there is reality as it was a few years ago.

Data on individual roads >> http://www.cestrin.ro/web2014/pdf/re...ant%202010.pdf

sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 11:30 PM   #9208
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

two years ago rest areas at newbuild A1 betwenn hungarian border and Sibiu were hard to identify, because everything was missing. I hardly managed to miss the poles at the entrance of one, because they were so close to the driving lane. All were closed.

A while ago i hear that erecting the buildings there and running them would be in tender. What happened since? It is essential to know if you could stop anyplace and get gasoline also. Or do i still need to leave the motorway in this cases?

pictures in googlemaps are not yet ready. So please provide me with detailled information about in which places i might now find rest areas and in which i might still not. Some pieces opened later last year or this year. Is the opening of rest areas delayed there as well?

Thx!

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 11:48 PM   #9209
Theijs

Likes (Received): 133

[RO] Romania | road infrastructure • autostrăzi şi drumuri

With Google satelite view you can find the rest areas on the A1, e.g. between the Hu/Ro border and Pecica, Arad Sud and exit Ortisoara/Seceani. Between Timisoara-Nord and Sud. Between Timisoara Sud and Topolovatu Mare. The Petrom at the parking near Susani is displayed.
The white containers contain the temporary stations until something more solid is erected.

belerophon liked this post
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 12:29 AM   #9210
belerophon

Well, i looked up the aerial picture. Between HU-border and Pecica it shows the construction stage. Afterwards it has a really bad quality. It is only better between Timisoara and the current end of motorway.

I found all of the rest areas you mentioned, and one more after Topolovatu Mare. But only some show Trucks clearly. And this does not necessarily mean, that there is a working toilet or anything.

The Petrom at Susani seem to be almpst the only Gas-station, and is not clearly visible in GoogleMaps. I found one Gazprom of the exit Arad-sud, and a petrom at Pecica.

Even so, my question was not, what i might see in googlemaps, but what you can tell, if you did drive there already. I trust your information. But it is not clear to me, if you checked yourself or just share this jigsaw google is providing, which i dont trust always.

I know about gas stations in faget, once the motorway ends. Maybe some in between to Deva. There is one Lukoil shortly after these roundabouts they built for the acess road (over the bridge) to the motorway.

Additionally i found out, all rest areas missing between deva and sibiu. Are really all open now? I know what the satellite image might tell....
The first restarea with a Mol Gassation should be north of Orastie,
the next short before Sebes, whith a Petrom,
at Sebes exit a Rompetrol,
after sebes a rest area with Mol gas station,
afterwars a section with ba d imagenery
finally short before sibiu an rest area with Petrom.

If all these are in operation, one does not need to think about which to pick. But last time you knew, that there was completely no option at all to stop anywhere and rest or get gasoline.

Thx!

Old November 17th, 2016, 09:26 AM   #9211
Theijs

Now googlemaps has allowed users to suggest all kind of modifications by users, it's imho weird that the petrol brands don't mark their station along the A1. Lack of marketing skills and apperently not very customer oriented. I'm sure other users are able to help you more than me.
Old November 17th, 2016, 12:42 PM   #9212
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1164

There is a map of gas statsions, maintained by the romanian users of forum.peundemerg.ro: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...-k&usp=sharing. I would assume it to be quite accurate and updated.

Also, Openstreetmap seems a bit more up to date, e.g. the station close to Pecica is mapped (I have used it this spring, it really exists :-)): https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/46.19413/21.08785, and also further ones near Timisoara are on the map.
Of course, OSM is not that easy to search, but if you use any router based on that data (e.g. OSMand, Mapfactor,..), they should have the data and be searchable.

As said by others, these stations on the "new" portions of A1 are really improvised - you have a small container as shop, the pumps are w/o any roof, and bathrooms are basic and not well maintained.
So, it will get you fuelled up, but they are not fit for a pleasant rest stop...

Links to maps of gas stations by the operators, e.g. Petrom: http://www.petrom.ro/portal/01/petro...s/map-stations, OMV: http://www.omv.ro/portal/01/ro/filling_station_locator, MOL: http://cautarestatii.molromania.ro/ro

belerophon liked this post

Last edited by rudiwien; November 17th, 2016 at 01:01 PM.
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 02:19 PM   #9213
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11828

Any longer stretch without a petrol station on motorways in Europe? There isnt any on M43 either (58 km), so from Szatymaz (M5) to Faget (A1) its about 230 kms without any gas station.
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 02:28 PM   #9214
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1164

Jack, as just posted above, there is a fuel station on the A1 at Pecica; so while still a long stretch, from the last MOL on the M5 to the first one on the A1, it is ~93 km: https://goo.gl/maps/z2FxNDedcNt

And there are three more stations further down the way on the A1 - two MOL between Arad and Timisoara, and one Petrom just before Faget. As said, all are purely improvised container boxes, but they do count as petrol stations :-)

Edit: they do look like this:

JackFrost liked this post

Last edited by rudiwien; November 17th, 2016 at 03:08 PM.
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 02:58 PM   #9215
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Ah sorry, I completely misunderstood this. I thought you have to leave the entire motorway to get to those gas stations.
Old November 17th, 2016, 06:32 PM   #9216
Theijs

Are the Hungarians planning any gasstation on the M43, e.g. near Kövegy or Máko?
Old November 17th, 2016, 07:06 PM   #9217
JackFrost
Hun Solo

There are only plans for the two rest stops at km 31 and 49. But no tender has been issued so far.

However, I just found this:

https://www.google.hu/maps/@46.27998...2!8i6656?hl=hu

This gas stop is almost next to M43 at exit 24 (south).
Old November 17th, 2016, 07:49 PM   #9218
bogdymol
bogdymod

There are some works ongoing on M43 in one of those rest areas (I think at km 31). The rest areas were completed at the same time with M43, then 2 years or so the parking area was blocked (you could not enter), but last Sunday I have seen a lot of machinery there and some earthworks being done. I thought that they started building a gas station.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2016, 01:43 PM   #9219
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Romania (map and summary (ro), map, summary)

A1: Dumbrava – Margina 15km (2013 to >= Late 2016) – projectmap
A1: Margina – Dobra 25km (2013 to >= Late 2018) – ? – map
A1: Dobra – Ilia 10km (2013 to Spring 2017) – ? – map
A1: Ilia – Deva/Soimus 22.1km (2013 to >= Late 2017) – ? – map
Basicly this should be changed as it seems that there will be an I/C at Holdea, already drawn on openstreetmap.

So there is:

- Dumbrava - Margina, still with some chances to be open this year (it seems that paper are not in order, the construction part is almost over)
- Margina - Holdea, which won't be open because of that 6km strech that will contain 2 tunnels which are not tender yet. Probably it will be over in 2020.
- Holdea - Ilia, which is probably to be open next autumn
- Ilia - Soimus, where still there isn't a building pemit issued, so most probably won't be open before summer of 2018

MichiH liked this post
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2016, 02:59 AM   #9220
belerophon

So what about the A1 between Deva and Sibiu? Googlemaps suggests changes but none of you mentioned this strip.

Jack, this WAS the case for sure two years ago between Deva and Sibiu. No reststop or petrol station at all. But the M43 and A1 to Arad was opened later. The strip of A1 Arad-Timisoara i did not use. Now as the missing piece between Timisoara and Lugos is done, it makes more sense to use this southern route.

Thanks all of you anyway. If driving far from home, nobody waits until a completely depleted gas tank to search for a gas station for sure. But to know that there was no gas station at all was serious. Now you start looking out early enough, without need to keepo every single one in mind....

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania