daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 25th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #1001
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I'm not too well-known with these Corridor numbers (and probably most other non-Romanian forumers, those numbers are not common in other parts of Europe), but is this A1?
To make it clear, in Romania we have:
Corridor IV north branch: Nadlac-Bucharest-Constanta (A1+A2)
Corridor IV south branch: Nadlac-Timisoara-Calafat (probably will be A7 or A6, not yet decided)
Corridor IX Giurgiu-Bucharest-Albita (probably A5 from Bucharest to Albita)
Corridor VII, represented by the Danube.
Now the Serbians proposed a new corridor, XI, Bar-Belgrade-Timisoara.

These Corridors are very important for us, as EU only finances works on these corridors.

Last edited by panda80; January 26th, 2010 at 08:57 AM.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #1002
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Thanks panda for clarifications. But I thought Danube is Corridor VII?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Map of European corridors:

Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:50 AM   #1003
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

BTW what are the actual conditions of the main roads that will go along the motorways?
I mean how jammed they are, how are their conditions and so on. Thanks for the answer.
eucitizen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #1004
panda80

Quote:
Thanks panda for clarifications. But I thought Danube is Corridor VII?
Thanks for the correction, edited.

P.S. Wow, we now have 1000 posts. Lot of activity on romanian motorways thread in the last months.
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #1005
panda80

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
BTW what are the actual conditions of the main roads that will go along the motorways?
I mean how jammed they are, how are their conditions and so on. Thanks for the answer.
Generally these roads are in good condition regarding the quality, but many of them have reached their transport capacity for some time (DN1, DN7 especially). In Romania you can count on an average speed of 65-70km/h on a long journey.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #1006
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Thanks for the correction, edited.

P.S. Wow, we now have 1000 posts. Lot of activity on romanian motorways thread in the last months.
We are trying to encourage the real works on the ground by posting more here.
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #1007
knakker

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Yep, Adrian Ionescu said it'll be tendered this year. All the the rest of the sections will. At least, that's what they are planning.
Ionescu said to 'hotnews.ro' that for Sibiu -Pitesti no money is available from EU (is this really true? seems weird to me) and that it needs a solution similar with Brasov-Comarnic. He promised that the sections between Nadlac-Sibiu will be contracted this year.
knakker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #1008
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I think here there is some confusion about that, as the head of CNADR said today that only a segment of Pitesti-Sibiu has EU financing. That's the reason they need to sign a concession for that section I guess.

But the good news is that the head of CNADR reaffirms today that all remaining sections on A1 will be contracted this year.
Old January 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #1009
knakker

Likes (Received): 2

I found an interview with minister Berceanu from 2007 (but not in english:http://www.revista22.ro/autostrazile...bani-3568.html), in which he already stated that EU doesn't want to finance Sibiu-Pitesti because no traffic (!!) for a too expensive road. To me this explanation seems more than a bit ridiculous to really believe this.
knakker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #1010
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Where is that in the text?
Old January 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #1011
panda80

It's under the heading: Cu alte cuvinte, sunteti prizonierul birocratiei de la Bruxelles.
Old January 29th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #1012
Joejojo

Likes (Received): 0

Hi everybody,

Perhaps this link is interesting. Do speak basic Romanian, but from what I understand this is a forecast on infra-projects (not only roads) in Romania.

http://media.hotnews.ro/media_server...-transport.pdf

Source: hotnews.ro

@ Le Clerk, perhaps u know more about this?

Greetings from Cluj
Joejojo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #1013
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
It's under the heading: Cu alte cuvinte, sunteti prizonierul birocratiei de la Bruxelles.
But this is not the same with what knakker said.
Old January 30th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #1014
alen74
BANNED

A2, A3

Hello everybody

As far as i understand the contruction of Cernavoda- Constanta section and the ringroad of Constanta have started last year. Can somebody confirm this info? And more exacly when they did start the works? I presume somewhere in September/October.

Also I have another concern regarding the highway Bucharest- Ploiesti.. According to the initial planns this section was suppose to pass Ploiesti on the west side, like a parallel way with the existing Ploiesti belt. From the new project Comarnic-Brasov which have been introduced by Radu Berceanu few days ago on the B1 TV i saw that the maps indicate a parallel way with the existing Ploiesti- Brasov national road (DN1). But it will be on the east side of the national road no on the west side. So, thinking that on the west part of Ploiesti it is already in use the actual belt (1x4) and shortest direction for A3 being straight to the north not rounding Ploiesti on the west side I presume that they could reconsider the project and the highway could pass Ploiesti on the east not on the west. The only certain info knowing is that the section Bucharest- Ploiesti will puncture the national road (DN1) on the south of Ploiesti in Barcanesti. What do you say, it is possible to reconsider the project?
alen74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #1015
alen74
BANNED

sorry guys, another question..

I have red about the planns of several sections of the Coridor no 4 highway. Maybe I'm wrong but i understood that the sections between nadlac and arad, the ringroad of Arad, Timisoara- Lugoj and Lugoj- Deva as well will be build like a 2x1 highways. What does it mean 2x1? How could a highway to have only one lane /way?
alen74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #1016
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen74 View Post
Hello everybody

As far as i understand the contruction of Cernavoda- Constanta section and the ringroad of Constanta have started last year. Can somebody confirm this info? And more exacly when they did start the works? I presume somewhere in September/October.
Don't know. Sorry.

Quote:
Also I have another concern regarding the highway Bucharest- Ploiesti.. According to the initial planns this section was suppose to pass Ploiesti on the west side, like a parallel way with the existing Ploiesti belt.
It's true and the plans have not changed. It'll go to the West of Ploiesti.

Quote:
From the new project Comarnic-Brasov which have been introduced by Radu Berceanu few days ago on the B1 TV i saw that the maps indicate a parallel way with the existing Ploiesti- Brasov national road (DN1). But it will be on the east side of the national road no on the west side. So, thinking that on the west part of Ploiesti it is already in use the actual belt (1x4) and shortest direction for A3 being straight to the north not rounding Ploiesti on the west side I presume that they could reconsider the project and the highway could pass Ploiesti on the east not on the west. The only certain info knowing is that the section Bucharest- Ploiesti will puncture the national road (DN1) on the south of Ploiesti in Barcanesti. What do you say, it is possible to reconsider the project?
I don't think it is possible to change the project and I actually do not see a problem with that to be frank.

BTW: Ploiesti western by-pass is a 2x2 (almost) express road.
Old January 30th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #1017
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen74 View Post
sorry guys, another question..

I have red about the planns of several sections of the Coridor no 4 highway. Maybe I'm wrong but i understood that the sections between nadlac and arad, the ringroad of Arad, Timisoara- Lugoj and Lugoj- Deva as well will be build like a 2x1 highways. What does it mean 2x1? How could a highway to have only one lane /way?
NO, NO, NO! The whole A1 is going to be a full profile motorway (like A2, A3, and probably other proposed motorways). Where on earth did you hear that?
Old January 30th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #1018
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The Gov is holding discussions with Bechtel to turn Tg.Mures-Brasov section of Transilvania Motorway into a PPP, because the gov does not have money to finance it:

Quote:
Government relies on public-private partnership for Transilvania highway construction

30 Ianuarie 2010

Emil Boc met the representatives of the American company Bechtel on Friday afternoon, the topic of the discussion being centered on the possibility to apply a public-private partnership for the construction of Transilvania Highway.

Moreover, at the end of yesterday’s Government session, Emil Boc reiterated the initiative to extend the public-private partnership in all the economic sectors.

To this purpose, the Executive decided the establishment of a Commission to identify the solutions that refer to such partnerships. The Commission will comprise the Finance Ministry, the Transport Ministry, the Regional Development and Tourism Ministry, the Economy Ministry and the Justice Ministry.

Last week, Premier Emil Boc said that the Transilvania Highway project will be funded both from the state budget and from alternative sources. The Turda – Campia Turzii section is forecasted to be finalized at the end of the year and in parallel, the works for the Gilau – Suplacu de Barcau sections are being performed.

Bechtel representatives confirmed that Transilvania Highway can be opened for traffic at an acceptable term, only if “the works observe the protocol to be concluded in 2010”.

Transilvania Highway construction project, on the Brasov – Bors route was started in 2004 based on a 2.2 billion euros contract granted to Bechtel through direct assignment. The highway is provided to have 415 km, four lanes, the total cost will amount to five billion euros and it will have 58 passage ways, 94 bridges and 16 road junctions.

Up to the present moment, Romania has paid to the American company 2.7 billion lei (643 million euros) for the 42 km constructed so far. Bechtel company says it still has to recover from Romania roughly 150 million euros for the works finalized in 2009.
Source
Old January 30th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #1019
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
E-road tax disk to increase toll revenues
30 Ianuarie 2010

The implementation of the e-road tax disc, starting Aug. 1, 2010, by the Ordinance the Government adopted on Friday, will allow the rise to 99 from 50-60 percent, in the present European average toll revenues, Transport Minister Radu Berceanu said after the Government’s Friday sitting.

He added that starting Aug 1, there would be no road disk stickers, but the road disks could be bought at several sale points, because the buyer would get nothing more but a fiscal receipt with the car number and the purchase date printed on it. Nineteen video cameras will be mounted on the heavy-traffic roads, for the start. The cameras will survey the traffic, recognize the car numbers and automatically compare and see whether any valid road tax disk is registered in the database.

Novensys UTI Consortium won the tender for the e-road disks, with its third ranked bid, from the four forwarded ones, while Romstrade – Vector – Intel announced it would challenge the auction commission’s decision, as its bidding ranked the first. The agreement gets operational after the Court solves the appeal.
Source

So it's going to be an automatic recognition system, which means that people will have to have their toll paid up to date.
Old January 30th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #1020
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Similar to Hungary then... But 19 cameras, that's not really an enforcement in a country the size of Romania.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania