daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #1021
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen74 View Post
As far as i understand the contruction of Cernavoda- Constanta section and the ringroad of Constanta have started last year. Can somebody confirm this info? And more exacly when they did start the works? I presume somewhere in September/October.
The May 2009 imagery on Google Earth show no signs of construction yet. So it's after May.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #1022
alen74
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
NO, NO, NO! The whole A1 is going to be a full profile motorway (like A2, A3, and probably other proposed motorways). Where on earth did you hear that?
http://infrastructura.info/index.php...ticol1460.html

http://www.masuramedia.ro/Social/7048.html

http://arhiva2004.informatia.ro/inde...icle&sid=78047

probably is just a misunderstanding but i was thinking that is not such a bad idea to ask..
alen74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #1023
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The May 2009 imagery on Google Earth show no signs of construction yet. So it's after May.
Theoretically construction started in november 2008 on Constanta bypass, but effectively in may-june 2009. For A2 Cernavoda-Constanta, works will start this spring.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #1024
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Media "reporting"...it's just a misunderstanding in the media.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; January 30th, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #1025
alen74
BANNED

[QUOTE=Le Clerk;51010455]

It's true and the plans have not changed. It'll go to the West of Ploiesti.

Do you know where exacly it is the end of this section Bucharest- Ploiesti? I mean the point from where the second section (Ploiesti- Comarnic) will be forecasted to start.

I don't think it is possible to change the project and I actually do not see a problem with that to be frank.

Just i am asking if it is normal to have in the western part of Ploiesti both, the old ringroad just upgraded (2x2) and the new highway A3. Doesnt mean that we shall have like 2 ringbelts of Ploiesti( one being the express road- the old ring and the other one the highway section) both passing the city on the same side, separated by only 1-2 km -if i'm not wrong?
On the other hand, if you look on the map it seems that the option to pass Ploiesti on the eastern side looks shorter.
Also i was wonderring from the early stages of this project why they didnt chose the shortest way to Ploiesti meaning Bucharest-Bucurestii Noi- Mogosoaia-Peris and passing Ploiesti on the west near Strejnicu, Paulesti.. Ok, one reason could be the necessity to have a common way with Bucharest- Focsani project which would save 45 km of highway.
Another reason could be the proximity and access to Otopeni International Airport, more facile from the actual location.
But if they have chosen to build the highway on the east of DN1 why they are going to pass Ploiesti through the west side?
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #1026
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Similar to Hungary then... But 19 cameras, that's not really an enforcement in a country the size of Romania.
It's an automatic system, unlike in Hungary where I understand they check cars differently. So, having 19 cameras which scan automatically probably each car that goes by is not few, but indeed they are not enough. Probably they will install more cameras.

In any case, just the idea of automatic scan will increase compliance with the toll payment dramatically, IMO. Because people will think of the high fines and the fact that the risk of being caught is much more higher than under the previous system.
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #1027
panda80

[QUOTE=alen74;51013807]
Quote:

It's true and the plans have not changed. It'll go to the West of Ploiesti.

Do you know where exacly it is the end of this section Bucharest- Ploiesti? I mean the point from where the second section (Ploiesti- Comarnic) will be forecasted to start.

I don't think it is possible to change the project and I actually do not see a problem with that to be frank.

Just i am asking if it is normal to have in the western part of Ploiesti both, the old ringroad just upgraded (2x2) and the new highway A3. Doesnt mean that we shall have like 2 ringbelts of Ploiesti( one being the express road- the old ring and the other one the highway section) both passing the city on the same side, separated by only 1-2 km -if i'm not wrong?
On the other hand, if you look on the map it seems that the option to pass Ploiesti on the eastern side looks shorter.
Also i was wonderring from the early stages of this project why they didnt chose the shortest way to Ploiesti meaning Bucharest-Bucurestii Noi- Mogosoaia-Peris and passing Ploiesti on the west near Strejnicu, Paulesti.. Ok, one reason could be the necessity to have a common way with Bucharest- Focsani project which would save 45 km of highway.
Another reason could be the proximity and access to Otopeni International Airport, more facile from the actual location.
But if they have chosen to build the highway on the east of DN1 why they are going to pass Ploiesti through the west side?
The end of the section Bucharest-Ploiesti is the point where the motorway meets the actual western bypass, about 1km after Barcanesti. There will be the south exit for Ploiesti, not at the intersection with DN1 inside Barcanesti. One reason I see for the construction of the motorway to the west of the city is the fact that the eastern part is more densely populated, with suburbs going on the Subcarpathians hills.Even the actual eastern bypass passes through 2 villages(Tantareni and Ploiestiori). It is very hard to find a route between these villages (have a look in GE).
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #1028
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9398

Quote:
It's an automatic system, unlike in Hungary where I understand they check cars differently. So, having 19 cameras which scan automatically probably each car that goes by is not few, but indeed they are not enough. Probably they will install more cameras.
We have both, mobile units and fixed cameras. But 19 seems a little short... I can recall about 12 cameras on the way to Lake Balaton, and thats only one side of M7, and about 120 kms...

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #1029
alen74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Theoretically construction started in november 2008 on Constanta bypass, but effectively in may-june 2009. For A2 Cernavoda-Constanta, works will start this spring.
Thks. But one friend of mine travelled from Bucharest to Constanta in the last November and he noticed that the section Cernavoda - Constanta was already under construction. After Cernavoda you are able to see from the national road the yard of the future highway at least for a while..
That's why Im asking, maybe someone knows more accurately if they have started or not
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #1030
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
We have both, mobile units and fixed cameras. But 19 seems a little short... I can recall about 12 cameras on the way to Lake Balaton, and thats only one side of M7, and about 120 kms...
But is it automatic scanning or the police just tape car plates randomly (for evidence purpose) and check back in the system to see whether the particular number has paid the toll?
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #1031
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
I don't know where that idea came from. Probably just a misunderstanding as you said, or who knows, could be some old and stupid governmental idea.
But here is an official document of CNADNR, the Romanian National Company for Motorways and National Routes (sorry, it seems that they only speak Romanian ), document posted here.
That file is in fact a tender announcement. CNADNR wants to find a Consultant for "the supervision of the design & construction contract for Timişoara-Lugoj motorway (~ 41.8 kilometers of new highway from Timişoara to Lugoj, with the platform of 26.00 m, 4 lanes, with two lanes each way) - according to point 3. of the announcement.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #1032
panda80

Quote:
Thks. But one friend of mine travelled from Bucharest to Constanta in the last November and he noticed that the section Cernavoda - Constanta was already under construction. After Cernavoda you are able to see from the national road the yard of the future highway at least for a while..
That's why Im asking, maybe someone knows more accurately if they have started or not
That was just a parade, but no serious construction started yet. See on this table from MT that construction will start in the first trimester of 2010. http://www.mt.ro/evenimente/temporar...0in%202010.pdf
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #1033
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9398

Quote:
But is it automatic scanning or the police just tape car plates randomly (for evidence purpose) and check back in the system to see whether the particular number has paid the toll?
Automatically scanning all the cars.

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #1034
alen74
BANNED

[QUOTE=panda80;51014025]
Quote:

The end of the section Bucharest-Ploiesti is the point where the motorway meets the actual western bypass, about 1km after Barcanesti. There will be the south exit for Ploiesti, not at the intersection with DN1 inside Barcanesti. One reason I see for the construction of the motorway to the west of the city is the fact that the eastern part is more densely populated, with suburbs going on the Subcarpathians hills.Even the actual eastern bypass passes through 2 villages(Tantareni and Ploiestiori). It is very hard to find a route between these villages (have a look in GE).
Thks, your information is according to the map (Romania- Marea Harta Rutiera 2009/2010).
So i presume that starting with Barcanesti it will be a part of Ploiesti- Comarnic section. For sure it is planned a new ringbelt of ploiesti like a highway (part of A3). I have seen some maps and the highway will pass just near Ploiesti Industrial Park which is situated on DN72 (Ploiesti- Targoviste) -1 km away from the actual belt.
According to the map the new highway will pass on the western neighbourhood of the Industrial Park
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #1035
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Automatically scanning all the cars.
So then what's the point of having cameras on top of police cars at the same time with fix cameras and what's the point to stop people in traffic to check the toll payment receipt? Why involve the police in this "accounting" job, while they could just send the fine at the car's owner address, without involving the police?

At least that's what they are doing here about speeding tickets (when cought by camera on the motorway or highway)...you just learn you got a fine by mail and have to pay it. Probably they'll do the same with this system of fix cameras. But again, I do not see why police cars should have mounted cameras while cameras could be mounted on the motorway poles. And again, why should the police do the job of stopping and fining them when all that could be done automatically by the system by mail.
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #1036
panda80

[QUOTE=alen74;51014687]
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post

Thks, your information is according to the map (Romania- Marea Harta Rutiera 2009/2010).
So i presume that starting with Barcanesti it will be a part of Ploiesti- Comarnic section. For sure it is planned a new ringbelt of ploiesti like a highway (part of A3). I have seen some maps and the highway will pass just near Ploiesti Industrial Park which is situated on DN72 (Ploiesti- Targoviste) -1 km away from the actual belt.
According to the map the new highway will pass on the western neighbourhood of the Industrial Park
The motorway will pass between the railway and the actual beltway. It will overpass the railway and the actual DN1 around the intersection DN1-DN72, and from there it will stay between DN1 and the railway, this time on the right side of the railway as you look towards Brasov.
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #1037
alen74
BANNED

[QUOTE=panda80;51014967]
Quote:

The motorway will pass between the railway and the actual beltway. It will overpass the railway and the actual DN1 around the intersection DN1-DN72, and from there it will stay between DN1 and the railway, this time on the right side of the railway as you look towards Brasov.

thks for the info
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #1038
alen74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
I don't know where that idea came from. Probably just a misunderstanding as you said, or who knows, could be some old and stupid governmental idea.
But here is an official document of CNADNR, the Romanian National Company for Motorways and National Routes (sorry, it seems that they only speak Romanian ), document posted here.
That file is in fact a tender announcement. CNADNR wants to find a Consultant for "the supervision of the design & construction contract for Timişoara-Lugoj motorway (~ 41.8 kilometers of new highway from Timişoara to Lugoj, with the platform of 26.00 m, 4 lanes, with two lanes each way) - according to point 3. of the announcement.
Yeah.. i believe also that it was a wrong information

i even can not imagine how it looks a 2x1 highway
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #1039
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:

Well, some journalists can.

And, just as an advice, don't use the term "highway" for "autostrazi", because technically "highway" is more of a regular road like DN-uri, while "motorway" is the proper technical term for "autostrazi".

Welcome to SSC BTW!
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #1040
panda80

Quote:
Yeah.. i believe also that it was a wrong information

There are some 2x1 motorways around Europe. For example hungarian M15 and M70, E75 in Serbia from Hungary to Novi Sad (however 2 sections were upgraded this year to 2x2) etc. These motorways are used on sections with less traffic, that doesn't justify a normal motorway, and have the same characteristics of motorways (no at grade intersections, they don't pass through villages, high radius of curves). They can be upgraded very easy to 2x2 depending on traffic needs as the overpasses are built to allow this. For example serbians managed to upgrade 2 sections of 10kms each on E75 in just a few months.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania