daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #1041
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen74 View Post
i even can not imagine how it looks a 2x1 highway
It would probably be something like 2 lanes+1 shoulder x 1 lane+1 shoulder.

Oh, and welcome too on SCC !
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #1042
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
For example serbians managed to upgrade 2 sections of 10kms each on E75 in just a few months.
If all interchanges are already prepared for 2x2, then yes, the only task is to provide a second carriageway. That shouldn't be a problem on the plains of Vojvodina.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #1043
alen74
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bucuresti
Posts: 11
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Well, some journalists can.


And, just as an advice, don't use the term "highway" for "autostrazi", because technically "highway" is more of a regular road like DN-uri, while "motorway" is the proper technical term for "autostrazi".

Welcome to SSC BTW!
Yeah, i knew it . Just I'm used to say "highway" instead of "motorway" even i know it is not the proper word. I will try with "motorway" further

Thks for the welcome

Just a comparision between Romania and Bulgaria in terms of motorways in use: 302 km / 475km. The 2 neighbours might submitt a common application for hosting European Championship 2020 and I believe it will be interesting to look at both countries development and mainly to the planned motorways/bridges links.
alen74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #1044
panda80
Registered User
 
panda80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Braila/Bucharest
Posts: 4,371
Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen74 View Post
Just a comparision between Romania and Bulgaria in terms of motorways in use: 302 km / 475km. The 2 neighbours might submitt a common application for hosting European Championship 2020 and I believe it will be interesting to look at both countries development and mainly to the planned motorways/bridges links.
Yes, but we have much more kms U/C. I think we can equal Bulgaria in terms of kilometres of motorways in 2 years, but however, Bulgaria is less than half in terms of surface and almost 1/3 in terms of population. So their situation will still be better.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 08:48 PM   #1045
SeanT
DK/H
 
SeanT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DK-Bjćverskov
Posts: 791
Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
There are some 2x1 motorways around Europe. For example hungarian M15 and M70, E75 in Serbia from Hungary to Novi Sad (however 2 sections were upgraded this year to 2x2) etc. These motorways are used on sections with less traffic, that doesn't justify a normal motorway, and have the same characteristics of motorways (no at grade intersections, they don't pass through villages, high radius of curves). They can be upgraded very easy to 2x2 depending on traffic needs as the overpasses are built to allow this. For example serbians managed to upgrade 2 sections of 10kms each on E75 in just a few months.
Well yes, but the hungarian M15, M70 are expressways ( autóút ).
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #1046
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

Only a few 2x1 roads do not loose motorway status in Europe, usually, they are downgraded to expressways or another equivalent if it is a longer section. I know the French A28 had some viaducts in Normandie that had only one lane per direction.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 11:24 AM   #1047
alen74
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bucuresti
Posts: 11
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Yes, but we have much more kms U/C. I think we can equal Bulgaria in terms of kilometres of motorways in 2 years, but however, Bulgaria is less than half in terms of surface and almost 1/3 in terms of population. So their situation will still be better.
yes, y are right, you have consider the ration between motorways/km/ country's area. So in order to be the equal of Bulgaria we need twice km of motorways. If we consider the population we need even more, because population means traffic. According to my recent estimation Bulgaria has even more km opened to the traffic: 570. Indeed we have much more km U/C
alen74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 02:17 PM   #1048
panda80
Registered User
 
panda80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Braila/Bucharest
Posts: 4,371
Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen74 View Post
yes, y are right, you have consider the ration between motorways/km/ country's area. So in order to be the equal of Bulgaria we need twice km of motorways. If we consider the population we need even more, because population means traffic. According to my recent estimation Bulgaria has even more km opened to the traffic: 570. Indeed we have much more km U/C
Not really 570, but something like 470.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 04:10 PM   #1049
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,226
Likes (Received): 9377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
So then what's the point of having cameras on top of police cars at the same time with fix cameras and what's the point to stop people in traffic to check the toll payment receipt? Why involve the police in this "accounting" job, while they could just send the fine at the car's owner address, without involving the police?
Because it's two completely different systems. Two different operators. In Hungary there is no legal background for a private company to fine people for braking the law or get involved in such a procedure.

Plus every one knows where these fixed cameras are located, at least if they would be used to control speeding, everyone would definitely know. Then the notorious speeders would only slow down at these specific locations, so these cams would not prevent them from speeding. Introducing an average speed checking system would be another story. Currently there are negotiation to make the legal background (law) for that, but no one knows if it's ever gonna' happen or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
At least that's what they are doing here about speeding tickets (when cought by camera on the motorway or highway)...you just learn you got a fine by mail and have to pay it. Probably they'll do the same with this system of fix cameras. But again, I do not see why police cars should have mounted cameras while cameras could be mounted on the motorway poles. And again, why should the police do the job of stopping and fining them when all that could be done automatically by the system by mail.
It's the same here. Cops don't really stop you for speeding, just fine you and notify you by mail.
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:20 PM   #1050
Skynick
Registered User
 
Skynick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bucharest, Tulcea
Posts: 507
Likes (Received): 54

Bucharests suspended motorway

Here you have the todays presentation of the elevated expressway and the other important infrastructure projects in Bucharest for the next years.

Looking good. Too good actually.

Last edited by Skynick; February 4th, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
Skynick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:34 PM   #1051
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

This seems to be the elevated expressway:

[IMG]http://i50.************/9j2lfq.jpg[/IMG]
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #1052
panda80
Registered User
 
panda80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Braila/Bucharest
Posts: 4,371
Likes (Received): 333

Yes, this is it.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #1053
Joejojo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cluj-Napoca
Posts: 24
Likes (Received): 0

Bechtel threatening to stop building motorway

Sorry, only dutch website www.nederland.ro tells the story:

Bechtel dreigt te stoppen met bouw snelweg

De Amerikaanse wegenbouwer Bechtel dreigt volgens Gandul definitief het werk neer te leggen aan de Transylvanian Highway tussen Braşov en de Hongaarse grens. Volgens het bedrijf betaalt de Roemeense regering de rekeningen niet. Het moet nog 200 miljoen euro ontvangen over 2009. Een woordvoerder van de Roemeense Rijkswaterstaat meldde dat het geld op zijn vroegst in april kan worden overgemaakt. Bechtel heeft enige maanden geleden al werktijdverkorting aangevraagd voor het personeel, maar is bang nu alle 1.933 werknemers te moeten ontslaan. De weg had in 2015 klaar moeten zijn, maar door voortdurende betalingsproblemen en onteigeningsprocessen is nog maar 42 van de 415 kilometer gereed.
• DONDERDAG 4 FEBRUARI

Quick translation:
The American motorway constructor Bechtel threatens to stop the work on the Transilvanian Highway between Brasov and the Hungarian border, Gandul newspaper wrote. Bechtel said that the Romanian government has not paid the bills. It has to receive 200 million euro over 2009. A spokesman of the Romanian road authorities said that the money will be at least paid coming April. For the employee's work has been shortened, but Bechtel is afraid they have to fire all 1.933 employee's. The motorway had to be finished in 2015 ready, but due to problems with payments and property seizures, only 42 km of the total of 415 km motorway has been finished.

And another chapter in the Transilvanian motorway soap..............
Joejojo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #1054
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

Hmm that's too bad. If I remember correctly from earlier postings, the Autostrada Transylvania (A3) is financed in it's entirety by the Romanian government, no EU funding, which is weird to me, because it is an important route for international traffic.

Quote:
"Roemeense Rijkswaterstaat"


You'll see this a lot in Dutch news, they just add the country name before the Dutch name, like the "German ANWB" instead of "German road assistance". "Roemeense wegbeheerder" would've been better.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #1055
Joejojo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cluj-Napoca
Posts: 24
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Hmm that's too bad. If I remember correctly from earlier postings, the Autostrada Transylvania (A3) is financed in it's entirety by the Romanian government, no EU funding, which is weird to me, because it is an important route for international traffic.



You'll see this a lot in Dutch news, they just add the country name before the Dutch name, like the "German ANWB" instead of "German road assistance". "Roemeense wegbeheerder" would've been better.
I know I know But in this case it has to do with our past and present in NL....with so much water. Strangely I always talk about ADAC. Because most people in Europe know them as most of us travel through Germany

But one pluspoint: the 42 km of motorway here next to my town Cluj is a blessing already. Before all truck passed above my head on the main road, now I live peacefully in the valley where only the birds and the bees are...in summertime
Joejojo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #1056
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Arad, Romania:

1 planned & abandoned (Arad - Oradea expressway)
I think that one will be revived after 2020. Motorway connections between cities of that size are very common in Europe. Romania has several larger cities lined up at the Hungarian border (Timisoara, Arad, Oradea, Satu Mare) which deserve to be connected by motorway.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #1057
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I think that one will be revived after 2020. Motorway connections between cities of that size are very common in Europe. Romania has several larger cities lined up at the Hungarian border (Timisoara, Arad, Oradea, Satu Mare) which deserve to be connected by motorway.
I think you wanted to post here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=639249&page=3
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:36 AM   #1058
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,595
Likes (Received): 19389

Not really, as my answer is more Romania-specific.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #1059
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,476
Likes (Received): 12038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejojo View Post
Sorry, only dutch website www.nederland.ro tells the story:

Bechtel dreigt te stoppen met bouw snelweg

De Amerikaanse wegenbouwer Bechtel dreigt volgens Gandul definitief het werk neer te leggen aan de Transylvanian Highway tussen Braşov en de Hongaarse grens. Volgens het bedrijf betaalt de Roemeense regering de rekeningen niet. Het moet nog 200 miljoen euro ontvangen over 2009. Een woordvoerder van de Roemeense Rijkswaterstaat meldde dat het geld op zijn vroegst in april kan worden overgemaakt. Bechtel heeft enige maanden geleden al werktijdverkorting aangevraagd voor het personeel, maar is bang nu alle 1.933 werknemers te moeten ontslaan. De weg had in 2015 klaar moeten zijn, maar door voortdurende betalingsproblemen en onteigeningsprocessen is nog maar 42 van de 415 kilometer gereed.
• DONDERDAG 4 FEBRUARI

Quick translation:
The American motorway constructor Bechtel threatens to stop the work on the Transilvanian Highway between Brasov and the Hungarian border, Gandul newspaper wrote. Bechtel said that the Romanian government has not paid the bills. It has to receive 200 million euro over 2009. A spokesman of the Romanian road authorities said that the money will be at least paid coming April. For the employee's work has been shortened, but Bechtel is afraid they have to fire all 1.933 employee's. The motorway had to be finished in 2015 ready, but due to problems with payments and property seizures, only 42 km of the total of 415 km motorway has been finished.

And another chapter in the Transilvanian motorway soap..............


Quote:
Romania To Get Loan With State Guarantee For Transylvania Highway Construction


Construction works in 2010 on Romania’s Transylvania highway, linking central Brasov to western Bors on the border with Hungary, will be funded from a state-guaranteed loan, Transport Ministry state secretary Constantin Dascalu said Thursday.

Dascalu said the value of the loan has not yet been decided.

"The loan could be contracted by the Finance Ministry, the country's public roads authority CNADNR or by U.S. builder Bechtel. We haven't decided yet but we must see that the loan won't trigger financial bottlenecks," Dascalu told a news conference Thursday.

He also pointed out that Bechtel, the company building the Transylvania highway, must come up with a schedule of works for 2010, which must also include the sums of money needed for construction works.

According to Dascalu, Romania will propose to the European Commission that Transylvania Highway be included in the trans-European transport network (TEN-T), to further obtain European funds and cover construction costs. The European Commission has launched this year a project to revise the TEN-T strategy, which brought together 15 states, including Romania.

Transport Ministry officials attended Wednesday and Thursday the first out of four scheduled meetings targeting to implement the SEETAC (South-East European Transport Axis Cooperation) project within South East Europe Transnational Cooperation Program.

Carlo Fortuna, a director within SEETAC, said the countries that have joined the program will hold talks with the EC on their domestic projects.

Cartel Alfa unionists in Cluj, northwestern Romania, have threatened with protests after Bechtel sent a notification Wednesday that all 1,933 Bechtel employees will be laid off.

Union leader Grigore Pop said Wednesday Cartel Alfa unionists were notified by Bechtel officials on the start of massive layoffs triggered by a EUR160 million debt the roads authority had to pay Bechtel.

Pop said all 1,933 Bechtel employees will be laid off as of March 5 and will receive a 20-day notice, so that layoffs can become effective at the beginning of April.

Bechtel finalized the first 42 kilometers of the Transylvania highway, namely the Turda-Gilau sector, until December 1, 2009.

Prime Minister Emil Boc said recently the government will propose Bechtel that certain sectors of the Transylvania highway be completed based on a public-private partnership, a system the Executive plans to use for all major infrastructure projects.
Source
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #1060
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,476
Likes (Received): 12038

Quote:
Romanian Sibiu Bypass Road To Be Complete By End ’10

Romanian Prime Minister Emil Boc told a press conference Wednesday that the bypass roar around the city of Sibiu will be complete by the end of 2010, even though the deadline is 2011, adding this project’s financing is secured.

Boc said he will personally make sure the deadlines for the completion of the road are met and even overtaken.

The prime minister announced that the first segment of the road, spanning over 14.8 kilometers, is 70% complete, and there are still some issues of infrastructure and compensation that need to be addressed.

The construction of the second segment will begin in February with the setting up of the construction site.

According to Boc, the cost of the first segment reaches EUR48 million, while the second segment costs EUR9 million.
Source
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium