daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:53 AM   #1101
Czas na Żywiec
Globetrekker

Likes (Received): 1046

Definitely! Romania has some stunning landscapes and with views like that from the motorway you're guaranteed to see returning visitors.

AR AT BE BG BR CA CH CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR HR HU IE IT LT LU LV NL PL RO RS SE SI SK TR UA UK US UY
Czas na Żywiec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:24 AM   #1102
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

@nenea_hartia - FAB PICS man! Excellent!

Is isn't the Vectra section already u/c? The Sibiu bypass should be ready this year, right? (2010)

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:48 AM   #1103
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Very good pics! Have you seen improvements since your last visit? Hopefully from now on the weather won't be a problem anymore and they will finish the bypass till end of this year.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 04:00 PM   #1104
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
Is isn't the Vectra section already u/c? The Sibiu bypass should be ready this year, right? (2010)
No, they haven't started the works yet, I don't know why. And yes, the bypass should be delivered this year, but not ready. They will adopt the same political solution as for the Timişoara bypass, meaning that the traffic will be diverted on the motorway, but they (Vectra) will still be working on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
Very good pics! Have you seen improvements since your last visit? Hopefully from now on the weather won't be a problem anymore and they will finish the bypass till end of this year.
I couldn't see much improvement, except that they finally mounted the beams of the bridge over Sibiu - Braşov railway. However they (Geiger/Max Bögl/Contram) will be working at full steam just starting from March (at this moment they have only a few teams on the site).
But the biggest problem will be to repair some segments built by the initial contractor, Todini, and now degraded (see first pic). The Consultant, Search Corporation, has already sent to CNADNR a memo containing some technical solutions but there's no response yet.

nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 04:10 PM   #1105
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
No, they haven't started the works yet, I don't know why. And yes, the bypass should be delivered this year, but not ready. They will adopt the same political solution as for the Timişoara bypass, meaning that the traffic will be diverted on the motorway, but they (Vectra) will still be working on the site.
I don't care if they deliver or get it ready, as long as I can drive on it.

I will me MORE THAN HAPPY to say byebye to the traffic in Sibiu when driving to Timisoara and Cluj.

Great work with the pics, again.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:11 AM   #1106
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Some pictures of works in February from the Transilvania Motorway. Works are from near the Hungarian border:

More here: http://www.autostradatransilvania.ro/construction/1
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:12 AM   #1107
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Feasibility study for A 4 (Tg. Mures-Iasi) has been tendered and awarded to Search Corporation! There are chances that next year we may see works for that section as well!
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #1108
ionut
Reaching for the stars

@LeClerk, I've already posted that great news to the RO thread. However, I don't think that we'll see works on the site sooner than 2012... Don't want to be negative here, just realistic. Let's hope I'm wrong!!!

Old February 24th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #1109
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
@LeClerk, I've already posted that great news to the RO thread. However, I don't think that we'll see works on the site sooner than 2012... Don't want to be negative here, just realistic. Let's hope I'm wrong!!!
The feasibility study can be completed this year which allows for the tender documentation and award to be carried out the next one, with some chances that we may also see works also next year. Small chances, but I think there are some chances.

In any case, very good news.
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #1110
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Yes, this news made my day.

The biggest problem these days are not the studies, but the financing... The agreement with IMF doesn't allow us to increase the budget deficit. So we need to rely on PPP or UE funds. Let's see if Boc can come up with a new law for the PPP.

We also have A1 and A3 u/c so it gets even more complicated.

I would be pleased if I see works on the site in late 2011.

Old February 24th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #1111
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Yes, this news made my day.

The biggest problem these days are not the studies, but the financing... The agreement with IMF doesn't allow us to increase the budget deficit. So we need to rely on PPP or UE funds. Let's see if Boc can come up with a new law for the PPP.

We also have A1 and A3 u/c so it gets even more complicated.

I would be pleased if I see works on the site in late 2011.
Actually we are supposed to further reduce the budget deficit in the coming years all the way to 3% in 2012 (to enter the ERM for the Euro), so the so-called "fiscal room" for motorway construction will be further reduced. So the only solution for A4 will be the minister to opt for a similar PPP with financing becoming due at the end of construction, as in the case of Brasov-Comarnic.

BTW: the minister is also preparing to tender the construction works for Pitesti-Sibiu (part of A1) under a similar form of PPP this year.

Last edited by Le Clerk; February 24th, 2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #1112
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Yeah, exactly my point with budget deficit. We need PPP. I think the only problem with the PPP is that we don't have good laws for this.

I am willing to bet my last euro on the fact that these PPP contracts will be profitable for the companies willing to invest. Why? Well, I think 80-90% of us are willing to pay for crossing the country on a motorway... the money you pay for the toll are actually savings you make for the fuel and not to mention the time it takes you to cross the country on a motorway compared to the current infrastructure.

We are hungry for motorways, so in my mind I cannot imagine why these PPP contracts are so hard to turn into reality. Other reasons than, obviously, the inefficient laws or the inefficient government.

Old February 24th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #1113
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Bear in mind that the government negotiated with Vinci/Aktor consortium for 6 months after the tender was awarded and before the contract was signed, which means PPP are a lot more complex than regular contracts (obviously because they include not only construction, but also financing, maintenance, administration, property transfer etc).
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #1114
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Exactly, PPP is so much more complec than regular contracts. So let's hope the government can negociate quickly and effectively. Fingers crossed.

Old February 24th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #1115
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Government to spend €1 billion on road repaving

24 Februarie 2010

The Minister of Regional Development and Tourism, Elena Udrea said it would propose to the Government a €1 billion investment program in county roads maintenance that involves the resurfacing of up to 10,000km section.

“We will submit a memorandum next week for the resurfacing scheme for 10,000km of county roads. The infrastructure improvement scheme will provide funding for the county road resurfacing projects via EU-funds eligible projects that remained unfinanced due to fund depletion. The funding is around €1 billion”, said Elena Udrea at the General Meeting of the Association of Communes in Romania.

The minister added the road resurfacing works could last up to few years, due to the large section to be covered. “We hope to find the necessary financial resources”, said Udrea.
Source
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #1116
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Likes (Received): 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Feasibility study for A 4 (Tg. Mures-Iasi) has been tendered and awarded to Search Corporation! There are chances that next year we may see works for that section as well!

http://www.cnadnr.ro/docs/proiecte/h...si_Ungheni.jpg

Offtopic http://www.jurnalul.ro/webcam/iasi-p...turii-165.html
NB the dodgy red and blue roofs are temporary constructions part of www.palasiasi.ro

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)

Last edited by nebunul; February 24th, 2010 at 03:09 PM.
nebunul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #1117
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebunul View Post

Go A4 go!
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #1118
Joejojo

Likes (Received): 0

That's good news! But for me: First see, than believe!

I hope that there will be quick progress on A3 - Campia Turzii - Tg Mures, that would safe a lot of time for my work
Joejojo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #1119
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

Ungheni-Ungheni motorway?
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 03:06 AM   #1120
Czas na Żywiec
Globetrekker

Likes (Received): 1046

Are they planning on constructing the A4 all the way to the Moldovan border or will it stop after it reaches Iasi?

AR AT BE BG BR CA CH CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR HR HU IE IT LT LU LV NL PL RO RS SE SI SK TR UA UK US UY
Czas na Żywiec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania