daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 1st, 2010, 12:47 AM   #1141
Sasza
Człoooowieku

Likes (Received): 4731

No, I'm sure that I saw it several times on A2 but it might be on the bridges. Erm... before you join EU I once want to go by Giurgiu-Ruse bridge but when came there some nice guy said me that I must pay 50€ per person(sic!). Because of that in next year I was travelling to the South through Serbia (but road back by Romania).
And yeah, A2 is quite empty east of Bucharest. But one thing what still makes my angry is that I must to pay for a bridge on Dunay River. Even when I'm travelling Motorway. It wouldn't be such a problem if I could pay in Euro. Yeah, that is only thing that didn't change in Romania (Only Lei!)
But as I said before - you've made a lot of good work. Keep going.
Sasza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:03 AM   #1142
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasza View Post
Erm... before you join EU I once want to go by Giurgiu-Ruse bridge but when came there some nice guy said me that I must pay 50€ per person(sic!).

It can't possibly be that much ! Probably the guy was a local "private entrepreneur". But there are some good news here regarding the bridge toll.
Quote:
[...]It wouldn't be such a problem if I could pay in Euro. Yeah, that is only thing that didn't change in Romania (Only Lei!)
Yeah, you're completely right. You can't even buy gas for your car in Euros. That is stupid and very annoying. Even in Serbia (which is not an EU member) you can pay motorway tolls in Euros.

Last edited by nenea_hartia; March 1st, 2010 at 07:09 AM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM   #1143
Sasza
Człoooowieku

It WAS possible. When I call to embassy they said that there is no minimal or maximal tax and local government can tell that I should pay even more. It was just idiotic for me beacuse that bridge is strategic point for both countries (Romania and Bulgaria) and it should be administrated by government.
At last, it's really good news.
Well there is always ferryboat in Silistra (but "only Lei" again).
When Highway to Constanta will be completed? It's bit annoying that after crossing Danube traffic grows a lot and Highway ends. Are there only plans or some construction is in progress?
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:48 AM   #1144
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
It WAS possible. When I call to embassy they said that there is no minimal or maximal tax and local government can tell that I should pay even more. It was just idiotic for me beacuse that bridge is strategic point for both countries (Romania and Bulgaria) and it should be administrated by government.
At last, it's really good news.
Well there is always ferryboat in Silistra (but "only Lei" again).
When Highway to Constanta will be completed? It's bit annoying that after crossing Danube traffic grows a lot and Highway ends. Are there only plans or some construction is in progress?
Construction is in progress but goes very slowly, it will really kick off this summer. However, if you want to go to Varna for example, the route through Constanta is a big detour.There are no problems anymore at Giurgiu-Ruse, they called for bribe only till 2007 (when we entered EU). After, I haven't encounter such behaviour anymore. The bridge tax is a fixed one, of 6 euro I think.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:30 AM   #1145
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Construction of A2 'til Constanta (Cernavoda-Constanta) will be finished in 2011, so thet say.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:38 AM   #1146
Sasza
Człoooowieku

I know, but it's faster to go through Constanta even it is longer way (better roads). But it's too much of Bulgaria for me lol
I wish to visit Transylvania area and check your brand new Highway
But not at this year.
Wah, since 2005 you've made a great progress. Your roads are just much better than tey used to be (main roads. Secondary roads is still a one bic crap with animals on middle of road etc. But changes need time to work.).
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:58 AM   #1147
ionut
Reaching for the stars

The secondary roads (the DJ - "Drum judetean") are full of animal crap, yes. And this is not change any time soon, maybe not in 30-50 years.

However, we will have enought motorways in 10-15-20 years. And also the DN road network (DN = national road) is pretty good, you will not need to enter the DJ road network.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:36 PM   #1148
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Wah, since 2005 you've made a great progress. Your roads are just much better than tey used to be (main roads).
Indeed, but unfortunately this heavy winter has been a road killer.

Quote:
Secondary roads is still a one bic crap with animals on middle of road etc.
Just secondary roads ? The photo below is taken on the A2, near Cernavodă:

Old March 1st, 2010, 12:55 PM   #1149
tony64

Likes (Received): 5

cool picture!
tony64 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 01:41 PM   #1150
ionut
Reaching for the stars

A2 aka "The sheep motorway".
Well, shit happens.

Old March 1st, 2010, 02:23 PM   #1151
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Unfortunately, still many people in our country don't know what a motorway means
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:28 PM   #1152
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Likes (Received): 477

"Don't be afraid to be weak
Don't be too proud to be strong
Just look into your heart my friend
That will be the return to yourself
The return to innocence "
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Indeed, but unfortunately this heavy winter has been a road killer.

Just secondary roads ? The photo below is taken on the A2, near Cernavodă:

Coooool Return to innocence

After all, Michael Cretu grew up in Romania
http://www.michaelcretu.com/biography

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)
nebunul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:54 PM   #1153
Sasza
Człoooowieku

I can ansewer it in few words "Holy Sheep"
Great pic.

Last edited by Sasza; March 1st, 2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:06 PM   #1154
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 5961

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
Well, shit happens.
On A2, sheep happens.
Cosmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:08 PM   #1155
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
On A2, sheep happens.
Old March 4th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #1156
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Oh that's a cool pic! But it only happened once about 5 years ago. Too bad it only happened once. It's interesting to see this sheep traffic on motorway. They certainly observe the speed limit.

BTW: Erste Bank is the first bank to finance the Comarnic-Brasov PPP with EUR 300 million, with the possibility to increase the amount to EUR 1 billion. So this means the PPP has found the first financing and will certainly find the rest. One of the most difficult part of the PPP has been overcome.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #1157
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Hallelujah!

First let's see Erste SIGN the contract, then I'm happy. I'm sure that if they sign, they will attract more investors to the contract. They should, PPP for motorways in Romania is a gold mine for big investors.

Old March 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #1158
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Constanta motorway by-pass works from last November:

From the project's website: http://www.constantabypass.ro/
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #1159
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Lugoj by-pass in western Romania getting closer to completion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Şi câteva poze făcute ieri:

Thanks to nenea_hartia

This by-pass is on the E 70 which goes parallel to A1 section of Corridor IV.

Some extracts of the EU's ISPA programme for the Lugoj by-pass:

Quote:
Measure title: Lugoj By-pass in Romania

The project concerns the construction of a bypass of about 9.4 km around Lugoj town in the Western part of Romania.

The Lugoj municipality is located on the central-east part of Timis County, on both sides of the river Timis, with a total area of about 83 square kilometres and a population of about 52,000 people.

The existing road, which is National Road DN6 and E70 and part of TEN-T and the Southern Branch of the trans-European Corridor IV, passes through the centre of Lugoj town, which suffers from the increasing traffic and has become a significant traffic bottleneck.

The bypass will be constructed as a national road with one lane in each direction, it will be about 9.4 km long, starting at about km 494+100 on DN6 to the East of Lugoj City and finishing at about km 503+000 before entering the Costeiu locality, with roundabouts at both ends linking with the existing DN6, junctions with local roads, a bridge of about 130 m across the Timis river at about km 0+900, an overpass of about 285 m over the Lugoj-Ilia railway and the DN6 at about km 8+400, and an overpass of about 185 m across the DN68A road at about km 3+400. The road will be constructed with a width of 12 m, of which 7 m carriageway and 2 x 2.5 m shoulders. It will pass to the North-East of Lugoj.
Source

Last edited by Le Clerk; March 6th, 2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #1160
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

^ Thanks for posting the pics here. In addition:
- the contractor is the Portuguese Monteadriano Engenharia E Construçăo SA;
- the road itself is almost completed, with the first layer of asphalt already poured;
- the bridge over Timiş river is now completed; they just need to pour asphalt over it;
- they are working now to complete the bridge over National Road 68A (E 673) (my pics are from that site), the long bridge over Lugoj-Ilia railway and National Road 6 (E 70) and four roundabouts.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania