daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:03 AM   #1201
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Nice! Thank you!

A very nice photo of A3 track north of Bucharest taken by one of the Romanian forumers:


Quote:
Originally Posted by .andy. View Post
Pentru ca poate discutam si despre Romanian Motorways pe threadul asta, iata autostrada Buc-Ploiesti, la NE de Otopeni, chiar astazi:

__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #1202
Joejojo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cluj-Napoca
Posts: 24
Likes (Received): 0

Wauw! There is progress!

I drove yesterday on the A3 near Cluj, it goes so smoothly......and no traffic jams
Hope that the part Turda - Campia Turzii will be finished quick, that safes a lot of time when you have to go to Tg Mures.
Joejojo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #1203
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

The Government is getting ready to tender the works for Timisoara-Lugoj(35km) and Lugoj-Deva (100km) of A1 (they are now running expropriations for the sections).
Source 1
Source 2
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #1204
ionut
Reaching for the stars
 
ionut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 4,135
Likes (Received): 39

Check this out, don't know if this was posted already, just discovered it today.

The new motorway Bucharest-Ploiesti (A3), as seen on Bing Maps.

Start here:

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=44....t%2C%20Romania

and go East, then South.

Nice!
__________________
On Sep 12, 2011, I took the decision to STOP posting infrastructure updates & pictures, comments or any other type of post on SSC. The decision is final and is long overdue.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:51 PM   #1205
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Romanian Transports Ministry To Introduce 3-Month Toll Sticker On Aug 1

Romania’s Transports Ministry will introduce on August 1 a road toll sticker valid for three months, but its price has not yet been set, state secretary Eusebiu Pistru told MEDIAFAX.

"The draft document is currently being debated in Parliament; we will introduce the three-month road toll sticker on August 1 and also implement an electronic system to issue the stickers," Pistru said.

At the moment, drivers can buy stickers valid for one day, seven days, 30 days or one year, with prices between EUR3 and EUR1,210, depending on the type of vehicle.

The electronic sticker issue system will become operational on August 1. Drivers without proof of payment will pay compensations in amounts between EUR28 and EUR1,210 and fines between 250 and 4,500 lei (EUR1=RON4.0824).

Early this year, CNADNR selected the Novensys Corporation/UTI Systems consortium to deliver the system, in a contract worth RON35.96 million, VAT not included.
Source
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #1206
Joejojo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cluj-Napoca
Posts: 24
Likes (Received): 0

Bought last week the sticker for 1 whole year. Is in the end still the most cheapest! And the company roviniete.ro also delivers at office/home....ofcourse when you live in Cluj...

At least the E-ticket is easy, which comes within a couple of months. No stickers in your front screen anymore.....just like at the Hungarian version!
Joejojo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:48 PM   #1207
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejojo View Post
Bought last week the sticker for 1 whole year. Is in the end still the most cheapest! And the company roviniete.ro also delivers at office/home....ofcourse when you live in Cluj...

At least the E-ticket is easy, which comes within a couple of months. No stickers in your front screen anymore.....just like at the Hungarian version!
When we will have the Hungarian version of road infrastructure then they should ask us to buy the vignette.
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:20 AM   #1208
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
When we will have the Hungarian version of road infrastructure then they should ask us to buy the vignette.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM   #1209
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
When we will have the Hungarian version of road infrastructure then they should ask us to buy the vignette.
If you ask me, I'd go for the German version of the infrastructure as a criteria for when should our government ask us to pay the vignette.

The best thing would be to just not pay anything, and everything should fall to us from the sky: motorways, bridges, roads, railways etc. Better even, the EU should rather give us the money for all that! Oh, those days!
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; March 21st, 2010 at 11:45 AM.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:07 PM   #1210
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,179

I would not mind to have the German version of infrastructure, but to be honest I don't see what are we paying the vignette for. For example in Hungary you only have to pay vignette for 2x2 Motorways, or other high-speed roads (map), and you can easily go from one part of Hungary to the other only on motorways. In Romania you can't do that, but you still have to pay for all national roads (like this one).
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:49 PM   #1211
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

I agree with the vignette because it is a universal means to ensure revenue for road infrastructure (AFAIK, the vignette system here barely pays for road maintenance, and it doesn't cover road construction at all).

PS: I know that road, I took it right after the heavy snow. It used to be one of the best roads until the last snow but it was badly hit by the substances they are laying when snowing. Damage like that was all over Europe when snow fell and they will probably fix it pretty fast, like they did in Bucharest for example where they fixed the roads in 3-4 days after the last snow. The fact that the road is poor for 1 month out of 4-5 years as a result of heavy snow doesn't mean the vignette system is not working. And believe me, I take that road 5-6 times a year.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; March 21st, 2010 at 04:05 PM.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 06:22 PM   #1212
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
I agree with the vignette because it is a universal means to ensure revenue for road infrastructure (AFAIK, the vignette system here barely pays for road maintenance, and it doesn't cover road construction at all).
When I pay for something I expect something in return. But year after year I get almost nothing. Only works, works, works again, but nothing finished. Or finished, then under rehabilitation again. Like for example that stupid industrial railway at the entrance in Sebeş. It is crossing NR1/NR7 and only 4 months ago, in October (link), for an entire week, the road traffic there was a living hell due to some repairs which should normally have lasted maximum 1-2 days. Finally, they poured the asphalt layer when raining. Guess what: Friday, when I passed through Sebeş, the scene was repeated identical: other works to repair previous works. At the entrance in Sebeş from Sibiu, the queue created by cars and lorries was over 5 km long.
So yes, I agree to pay a vignette but I want to be sure I won't throw my money in the wind. Like I do today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
[...]Damage like that was all over Europe when snow fell and they will probably fix it pretty fast, like they did in Bucharest for example where they fixed the roads in 3-4 days after the last snow.
Forgive me if I have my doubts. My best friend just came back from a short holiday in Tirol and Bavaria (where it is really snowing), covering about 4.000 kilometers in one week and visiting cities like Innsbruck, Vienna and Munich. He told me he didn't see a single hole in the asphalt layer. Me, I was in Budapest one week ago and everything was nice and clean there, no holes at all.
Please, take a ride between Câmpina and Predeal, on National Route 1, and tell me after if you're feeling good when you pay the ROvignette. Don't misunderstand me: I am always paying my vignette and the other taxes, cause this is the right thing to do in a civilized country. But that doesn't stops me to feel like someone is stealing money from my pockets.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 06:34 PM   #1213
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,572
Likes (Received): 19364

I don't think vignette systems ever return a lot of money to the government. Think about it, if one costs, say € 50 per year, and there are 10 million vehicles who need it, it generates only € 500 million. Unless you're Luxembourg, the road budget is usually larger. It's just a way to generate some extra revenue.

Most road-related government income is from gas tax and other fees on the usage and purchase of vehicles.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 06:53 PM   #1214
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

^ I agree. But our present Minister of Transports created a media frenzy by claiming that we don't have good roads and motorways because a lot of people don't pay their vignettes. First, I don't buy it. As you said, the revenues can't be that important. Second, yes, I agree: paying your taxes is a question of education. But it is also a question of control and it is government's business to collect the taxes, not mine. So if they fail to do that, is not my fault as a citizen and the Minister should stop yelling that on his televised interviews.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 07:52 PM   #1215
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
When I pay for something I expect something in return. But year after year I get almost nothing. Only works, works, works again, but nothing finished. Or finished, then under rehabilitation again. Like for example that stupid industrial railway at the entrance in Sebeş. It is crossing NR1/NR7 and only 4 months ago, in October (link), for an entire week, the road traffic there was a living hell due to some repairs which should normally have lasted maximum 1-2 days. Finally, they poured the asphalt layer when raining. Guess what: Friday, when I passed through Sebeş, the scene was repeated identical: other works to repair previous works. At the entrance in Sebeş from Sibiu, the queue created by cars and lorries was over 5 km long.
So yes, I agree to pay a vignette but I want to be sure I won't throw my money in the wind. Like I do today.
Sorry, but one example is not all example. For one, I think since the introduction of the vignette system, the quality of roads in Romania did improve significantly!

Quote:
Forgive me if I have my doubts. My best friend just came back from a short holiday in Tirol and Bavaria (where it is really snowing), covering about 4.000 kilometers in one week and visiting cities like Innsbruck, Vienna and Munich. He told me he didn't see a single hole in the asphalt layer. Me, I was in Budapest one week ago and everything was nice and clean there, no holes at all.
Please, take a ride between Câmpina and Predeal, on National Route 1, and tell me after if you're feeling good when you pay the ROvignette. Don't misunderstand me: I am always paying my vignette and the other taxes, cause this is the right thing to do in a civilized country. But that doesn't stops me to feel like someone is stealing money from my pockets.
There have been plenty of reports discussed on the Romanian forums on the extent of damage to the roads in England and Germany after the heavy snows a few months ago.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:11 PM   #1216
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Sorry, but one example is not all example. For one, I think since the introduction of the vignette system, the quality of roads in Romania did improve significantly!
I don't think so. In my opinion only the EU integration and GDP growth are "guilty" for that. But again: I'm not against the vignette system , I just wonder where all my money go, cause definitely not in roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
There have been plenty of reports discussed on the Romanian forums on the extent of damage to the roads in England and Germany after the heavy snows a few months ago.
Yes, I know, I've read them all. But when my best friend is driving 4.000 km and sees no damage and when I walk over 15 km in Budapest and see no damage, allow me to call some of those reports into question. Especially this one.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM   #1217
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,473
Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
I don't think so. In my opinion only the EU integration and GDP growth are "guilty" for that. But again: I'm not against the vignette system , I just wonder where all my money go, cause definitely not in roads.
That is also true. But the vignette system also contributed to that.

Quote:
Yes, I know, I've read them all. But when my best friend is driving 4.000 km and sees no damage and when I walk over 15 km in Budapest and see no damage, allow me to call some of those reports into question. Especially this one.
I think it also depends on how much it snows and where. In February, just after the last heavy snow when it snowed 0.5 m in Bucharest in just 24 h, I went into the mountains to ski only to discover that at 1,000 m high there had been VERY LITTLE snow and significantly warmer than in Bucharest.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:10 PM   #1218
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

OK. New developments at Lugoj bypass construction site:












nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:11 PM   #1219
and802
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Izabelin
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 55

historical point of view to consider

let me join your road quality discussion.

we do have a lot of evidences to complain about road quality and I strongly believe it comes from the fact that a hundred years ago we had not had many engineers in our countries (if any). so we could not expect our nations would be very familiar with road construction knowledge. and now we have to pay for that. I mean in the past most roads were prepared in the wrong way or - better due to the fact most people lived in the villages there was no demand to transport heavy goods (construct high quality routes). now things got changed. we are industrializied and we came across the fact we have no roads which are able to face reality. look at Greece, they used to live in villages 20 years ago and the road building process has not been finished yet. so conclusion we can complain if nothing gets changed in next 10 years. at present I give my government some credits.

and vignette system ? another - one of hundred other taxes which you have to pay and that does not go to where it belongs
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:48 PM   #1220
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Hi, and802!

I must say, very interesting point of view and mostly true. However at this moment a lot of Romanian roads are under construction/rehabilitation using important European companies. While some, like Strabag, FCC or Astaldi are providing quality, there are others like Colas and all the Greek companies (sorry guys, but it is true) which are not, although they are using not only Romanian, but also foreign engineers. And the consultants are mostly European companies like Tractebel, Inocsa or Egis Route.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium