daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 15th, 2010, 07:03 AM   #1361
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I wonder why Galaţi and Brăila don't have a motorway planned. They form an urban agglomeration of over 500,000 people.
There is an expressway planned to link the 2 cities with A5, but it's a distant perspective. IMO, it is more important to link the cities with a motorway or expressway to A2 and eventually in N with A5 in order to drive the (important already) traffic coming from Moldova and Ukraine to the Balkans and further to Asia.

See below:

Dark blue: my proposed motorway
Light Blue: currently officially proposed expressway

My proposal would make a lot of sense because there is already a plan for a third bridge over the Danube at Calarasi/Silistra and therefore a lot of the traffic coming from Ukraine/Moldova/Russia could be moved from Bucharest to this route. Eventually, this motorway could be continued on the dotted dark blue route all the way to Brasov to make the link with A3 and therefore the a second important transportation route over the mountains, which is already heavily used on an existing European road. And people may confirm, most traffic of these 2 cities is made with Bucharest through A2.
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; May 15th, 2010 at 07:29 AM.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #1362
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
as far as I know... it is a slight change in the North-West region.

A short motorway will conect to A3 (Cluj Napoca Motorway Belt, then extension to Jucu - Gherla - Dej - Bistrita)

Yep, that's correct. It's a mistake on the map.
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #1363
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhirgataZFs1694 View Post
Maybe it would be wiser to build a motorway triangle between Calafat-Drobeta Turnu Severin-Craiova. IMO,it would make corridor IV more competitive to corridor X and it would improve transportation and investment opportunities in that region.
You are right, but that's a very distant perspective. A good outcome as it is would be the completion of the S Corridor IV in its current scheme because the shorter motorway link is a very distant perspective.
Old May 15th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #1364
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimiboy View Post
The motorway planned from Drobeta Severin to Calafat is necessary i think it would be better to build a motorway from Arad to Oradea imo.
The motorway from Drobeta to Calafat and all the way to Lugoj is part of the southern branch of Corridor IV and it will be built by 2020:

http://www.unece.org/trans/main/ter/...dors/corr4.jpg

As to the motorway from Arad to Oradea, initially there was planned an expressway, but I noticed some changes lately and I think the long-term plans are for a motorway.
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #1365
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Maybe it would be wiser to build a motorway triangle between Calafat-Drobeta Turnu Severin-Craiova. IMO,it would make corridor IV more competitive to corridor X and it would improve transportation and investment opportunities in that region.
Why to make a triangle? It will cost much more and the traffic from the south (bulgaria, greece, turkey) will go to western borders mainly rather then to craiova- bucharest..
In my way is better to down the motorway (drobeta tr severin- craiova) up to 20-40 km close to Danube near Calafat. You can link Calafat to the motorway let say near Cetate village (20km- Calafat) or Unirea village (30 km).
The aim of this southern branch of Corridor IV motorway coming from Nadlac- Arad- Timisoara- Drobeta- (Calafat) is to overtake southern European traffic to Western Europe and less to Craiova - Bucharest.
I really hope that this map is wrong
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #1366
alwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
You are right, but that's a very distant perspective. A good outcome as it is would be the completion of the S Corridor IV in its current scheme because the shorter motorway link is a very distant perspective.
Le Clerk, the southern traffic overtaken by the bridge will go to western borders not to east, why to make such a long detour through Craiova?
Try to down the motorway line near calafat and a short link (20-30km) will be enough to fulfill both traffic ways (west and east). Am I wrong?
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #1367
alwn

Quote:
There is an expressway planned to link the 2 cities with A5, but it's a distant perspective. IMO, it is more important to link the cities with a motorway or expressway to A2 and eventually in N with A5 in order to drive the (important already) traffic coming from Moldova and Ukraine to the Balkans and further to Asia.

See below:

My proposal would make a lot of sense because there is already a plan for a third bridge over the Danube at Calarasi/Silistra and therefore a lot of the traffic coming from Ukraine/Moldova/Russia could be moved from Bucharest to this route. Eventually, this motorway could be continued on the dotted dark blue route all the way to Brasov to make the link with A3 and therefore the a second important transportation route over the mountains, which is already heavily used on an existing European road. And people may confirm, most traffic of these 2 cities is made with Bucharest through A2.
Indeed most of traffic from Galati/Braila is overtake by A2 but only because we dont have other motorways... The shortest way to link Braila/Galati to Bucharest is a motorway or expressway Galati-Braila- Buzau but the main condition is to fulfill the motorway Buzau- Ploiesti- Bucharest first..
There were official plans to build an expressway Ramnicu sarat- Braila (72km) but seems that this project was dropp it (it's not valid anymore on CNADR website). Still in force is the project Galati- Braila expressway (12.8 km).
As far as i red, the new suggestion is to build an expressway Braila- Buzau which will be more straight ahead to Bucharest.
As for your suggestion to intersect A2 from Braila to Calarasi- Silistra, first has to be a real project to build a new bridge over Danube otherwise it's useless..
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #1368
alwn

Quote:

See below:

I dont see the sense of Galati- tecuci- brasov branch..
Braila - galati could be linked with A5 at Buzau (probably 80 km away from Braila) and really the distance Braila- Buzau- Ploiesti- Brasov is more or less similar with Galati- Tecuci- Brasov.
We can not afford 2 different motorways with the same purpose and also if you check the map you can see that the section between tecuci and brasov will cross the mountains (involving huge costs) and I can't find even a regional road on the same direction which means also that is a very dificult relief
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #1369
alwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I wonder why Galaţi and Brăila don't have a motorway planned. They form an urban agglomeration of over 500,000 people.
It is an official project with feasibility study already made( Galati- Braila extressway 12.8km)
A second expressway was Braila- Ramnicu sarat 72 km (intersection with A5 between Buzau and Focsani) but seems that it was dropp it.
The new suggestions are to build the expressway from braila to buzau directly but i couldn't find something official. However it is about only 80 km on the plain relief so it could not take too long..
But any alternative will become usefull only after the fulfiling the Bucharest- Ploiesti- Buzau section
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #1370
alwn

Does someone know if Cernavoda- Constanta is u/c? And if it is when they started?
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #1371
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
Does someone know if Cernavoda- Constanta is u/c? And if it is when they started?
Yes, it is under construction on different segments. Don't know when they started...

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #1372
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

They started last year. But the project doesn't have a website for now.
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:35 AM   #1373
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Yep, that's correct. It's a mistake on the map.
Also the Bucuresti - Craiova link may go through Pitesti, not a direct link... Any official decision wich is the final route?

The one on the map is shorter, but the second proposal will conect the 2 auto companies (Ford and Renault).
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #1374
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:

See below:

+1I really like your suggestion.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:11 PM   #1375
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

I don't really understand the need for two motorways connecting with Bulgaria, especially the one via Calarasi, considering that Bulgaria has no project whatsoever for a motorway to connect with Romania (even the link to Vidin is set for the distant future). Not that I don't aprove such an idea, but what's wrong with the Bulgarian authorities (honest and inocent question)?

It seems more logical to me, transport-wise, to create a bridge over the Danube at Braila or Galati, link them with Tulcea, which really needs it, and then over to Constanta, linking with the "A4" , and why not, down the coast, passing Mangalia somewhere in the distance, creating a new border crossing wth Bulgaria and headind to Varna. There are already projects for these links, so why not? Somewhere around 2025, it could be fesable. Great link over to Moldova(s) (the region and the republic), from Turkey. Just a thought
Old May 17th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #1376
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
I don't really understand the need for two motorways connecting with Bulgaria, especially the one via Calarasi, considering that Bulgaria has no project whatsoever for a motorway to connect with Romania (even the link to Vidin is set for the distant future). Not that I don't aprove such an idea, but what's wrong with the Bulgarian authorities (honest and inocent question)?
We were talking about very distant future. Bulgaria is planing two expressways toward Romania at Vidin and Ruse that are planned to be finished by the end of the next financial period. Why is this motorway discrimination towards your country,I do not know But,IMO,there is something seriously wrong about our authorities' transport strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
It seems more logical to me, transport-wise, to create a bridge over the Danube at Braila or Galati, link them with Tulcea, which really needs it, and then over to Constanta, linking with the "A4" , and why not, down the coast, passing Mangalia somewhere in the distance, creating a new border crossing wth Bulgaria and headind to Varna. There are already projects for these links, so why not? Somewhere around 2025, it could be fesable. Great link over to Moldova(s) (the region and the republic), from Turkey. Just a thought
+1 And what about Tulcea-Izmail?IMO,it's another possible location for a bridge over the Danube.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #1377
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

New pics from A3 near Turda-Campia Turzii from Transilvania Motorway.

(this is from section 3C - Suplacu de Barcau)

Full 32 pics here.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 03:22 PM   #1378
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

A few more pictures from the same update:

Old May 18th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #1379
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

And the last batch:

Some nice sand cats here:
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #1380
alwn

Quote:

+1 And what about Tulcea-Izmail?IMO,it's another possible location for a bridge over the Danube.
well, you may know that Ismail is not ours anymore.. (
As soon as we get back south bessarabia (including Ismail) we can think to build a bridge over Danube linking Tulcea to Ismail

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania