daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 18th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #1381
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Tulcea - Izmail is only 15 km, but you need to cross the start of the Danube river delta. Does that area flood? Otherwise you need a 15 km long causeway across the floodplains.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #1382
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12038

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
Indeed most of traffic from Galati/Braila is overtake by A2 but only because we dont have other motorways... The shortest way to link Braila/Galati to Bucharest is a motorway or expressway Galati-Braila- Buzau but the main condition is to fulfill the motorway Buzau- Ploiesti- Bucharest first..
I agre with that.

Quote:
There were official plans to build an expressway Ramnicu sarat- Braila (72km) but seems that this project was dropp it (it's not valid anymore on CNADR website). Still in force is the project Galati- Braila expressway (12.8 km).
As far as i red, the new suggestion is to build an expressway Braila- Buzau which will be more straight ahead to Bucharest.
I don't understand what you mean. You mean an expressway from Braila directly to Bucharest?

Quote:
As for your suggestion to intersect A2 from Braila to Calarasi- Silistra, first has to be a real project to build a new bridge over Danube otherwise it's useless..
There's already an agreement of principles between the RO and BG governments for a bridge there, and the two governments are looking for EU funding. Having a bridge there and the flow of traffic from Ukraine and Moldova and even Russia coming from the north of Romania, a motorway connecting A5 and Galati-Braila with this new bridge makes a lot of sense IMO. Calafat-Vidin bridge for Corridor IV, Giurgiu-Ruse for Corridor IV as well, and Calarasi-Silistra for Corridor IX.

And my proposal is in dark green. Bulgaria will also want to connect Silistra cutting through A2 and A1 to Turkey through a motorway. Or maybe take it to Varna and then continue A4 all the way to the Turkish border. This way, Corridor IX expands all the way to Turkey via Romania and Bulgaria. \ And Calarasi-Silistra bridge gains a lot of economic sense. And it will close even better the so called Black Sea motorway which goes around the Black Sea:

Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; May 18th, 2010 at 10:07 PM.
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #1383
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Tulcea - Izmail is only 15 km, but you need to cross the start of the Danube river delta. Does that area flood? Otherwise you need a 15 km long causeway across the floodplains.
Of course there is no way one can build a viaduct in the Delta. That's one of Europe's most preserved natural areas and indeed a unique delta on our continent.
Old May 18th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #1384
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

[QUOTE=Le Clerk;57122119]

I don't understand what you mean. You mean an expressway from Braila directly to Bucharest?

No. My idea was similar with the official one. An express road (or even better- motorway) connecting Galati- Braila- Buzau. In Buzau would be the link with A5 (Buzau- Ploiesti- Bucharest). Another and older version was to link Braila- Galati to A5 in Rm Sarat but it looks less feasible....

QUOTE=Le Clerk;57122119]
There's already an agreement of principles between the RO and BG governments for a bridge there, and the two governments are looking for EU funding. Having a bridge there and the flow of traffic from Ukraine and Moldova and even Russia coming from the north of Romania, a motorway connecting A5 and Galati-Braila with this new bridge makes a lot of sense IMO. Calafat-Vidin bridge for Corridor IV, Giurgiu-Ruse for Corridor IV as well, and Calarasi-Silistra for Corridor IX...

This i dont understand. Giurgiu- Ruse is a part of Cooridor no IX not IV. Maybe your idea is to make a third balcanic branch of the Corridor no IV besides Lugoj- Deva- Sibiu-Pitesti- Bucharest- Constanta and Arad- Timisoara- Lugoj- Tr Severin- Calafat- Vidin?

However why to develop 2 parallel european corridors over danube? Bucharest- Giurgiu- Ruse- veliko tarnovo... / Braila- Galati- calarasi- Silistra. These 2 would be separated by only 80 km or less

I believe the direction Galati- Braila- Buzau- Ploiesti- Bucharest- Giurgiu- Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo- Stara Zagora fulfills all traffic needs and we don't need a second one coming from Galati- Braila- crossing danube in Calarasi-Sillistra and going to Turkey or to bulgarian seaside (?). At least in the near future..
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #1385
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

And my proposal is in dark green. Bulgaria will also want to connect Silistra cutting through A2 and A1 to Turkey through a motorway. Or maybe take it to Varna and then continue A4 all the way to the Turkish border. This way, Corridor IX expands all the way to Turkey via Romania and Bulgaria. \ And Calarasi-Silistra bridge gains a lot of economic sense. And it will close even better the so called Black Sea motorway which goes around the Black Sea:

Looking better to your map, it looks an interesting idea. However first the 2 countries have to develop the actual Corridor no IX and maybe later to develop a secondaru branch to the bulgarian seaside. Of course it means to give up of the extended black sea motorway Constanta- Varna- Burgas. 3 Parallel motorways will be too much ( 1.bucuresti- giurgiu- ruse- tarnovo- stara zagora/ 2.galati-braila-calarasi-silistra- varna/ 3.constanta -varna-burgas

At least from the touristic point of view the extended black sea motorway it looks to have sense for me..
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #1386
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
I believe the direction Galati- Braila- Buzau- Ploiesti- Bucharest- Giurgiu- Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo- Stara Zagora fulfills all traffic needs and we don't need a second one coming from Galati- Braila- crossing danube in Calarasi-Sillistra and going to Turkey or to bulgarian seaside (?). At least in the near future..
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
It seems more logical to me, transport-wise, to create a bridge over the Danube at Braila or Galati, link them with Tulcea, which really needs it, and then over to Constanta, linking with the "A4" , and why not, down the coast, passing Mangalia somewhere in the distance, creating a new border crossing wth Bulgaria and headind to Varna. There are already projects for these links, so why not? Somewhere around 2025, it could be fesable. Great link over to Moldova(s) (the region and the republic), from Turkey. Just a thought
+1

I was thinking the same thing. A motorway from Ramnicu Sarat (closest town from A5) - Galati/Braila - Tulcea - Constanta (then down to Varna)

Old May 18th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #1387
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

This option is indeed a very good one as well, provided that the bridge at Braila enters some planning with EU funding, otherwise I don't think it will be built. The Danube there is at its widest, almost 1 km in span, and deepest, so it is more expensive than the bridge currently U/C at Calafat/Vidin.
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #1388
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
This option is indeed a very good one as well, provided that the bridge at Braila enters some planning with EU funding, otherwise I don't think it will be built. The Danube there is at its widest, almost 1 km in span, and deepest, so it is more expensive than the bridge currently U/C at Calafat/Vidin.
We can dream don't we?

I would love a suspension bridge.

At least the deepth of Danube is no problem.
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #1389
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Yeah!

In fact, the motorway linking Braila-Galati to A4 and Constanta, and the bridge (as well as the proposed airport) would reignite the conurbation project that would make Gal-Bra the second largest urban area in Romania and would launch its economic development seriously.
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #1390
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
There are 2 suitable islands west from Silistra-Calarasi. The bridge could span 3times for about 400meters.

Quote:
well, you may know that Ismail is not ours anymore.. (
As soon as we get back south bessarabia (including Ismail) we can think to build a bridge over Danube linking Tulcea to Ismail
I was thinking of RO-UKR project.Just a shortcut to UKR for South Romania and South-East Balkans.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #1391
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1419

Update A1 inside Timis County, the junction with DJ 691
Towards Arad:

Towards junction with DJ691:

Old May 25th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #1392
MHN
Romania

More:

Railway passage foundation:

Future bridge near Murani:

Local road passage:

Old May 25th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #1393
MHN
Romania

Old May 25th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #1394
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Thanks for the pictures MHN! Looks like yoy went on the ground!
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #1395
MHN
Romania

You're welcome.
In fact I didn't left the car during the entire session of the current shooting...

The next visit on site will be in 2 or 3 weeks.
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #1396
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

I know. You went there by the Duster!

Thank to few people we are able to see pics from the site.
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #1397
ElviS77

Likes (Received): 54

I drove quite a bit in Romania on holiday a few years ago. The massive motorway projects seem to make perfect sense, but what about the regular highways already there? Some are pretty busy, and even on quieter sections, quite a few need urgent attention and others need to be replaced altogether. For instance, the Pitesti-Brasov road was pretty awful in places, even though it was quite busy. Any plans or proposals on the horizon?
ElviS77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #1398
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElviS77 View Post
I drove quite a bit in Romania on holiday a few years ago. The massive motorway projects seem to make perfect sense, but what about the regular highways already there? Some are pretty busy, and even on quieter sections, quite a few need urgent attention and others need to be replaced altogether. For instance, the Pitesti-Brasov road was pretty awful in places, even though it was quite busy. Any plans or proposals on the horizon?
I think it was repaved recently.
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #1399
MHN
Romania

Quote:
I know. You went there by the Duster!
I was able to take pictures thanks to one Clio

Quote:
Thank to few people we are able to see pics from the site.
We're doing what we can
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:48 AM   #1400
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Updates from works on Constanta By-Pass (March):

And April:

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania