daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 21st, 2010, 07:51 PM   #1441
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post

I think the deadline has long been passed as a result of insufficient funds allocation to this project by the Government.
The deadline for section 3c (Suplacu de Barcau-Bors) was 28th of February 2010. Now they haven't even done 50% of works.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:36 AM   #1442
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Quote:
Gov't approves construction of two motorways

Date: 22-06-2010

The Romanian Government has approved the technical and economic indicators for the construction of the Orastie-Sibiu and Lugoj-Deva motorways, running toward western Romania, Government spokeperson Ioana Muntean reported on Thursday. The decision was made at a meeting of the Government on Wednesday. Funding for the two motorways will be provided in the form of grants from the European Commission - 85 percent of the total - and allocations from the Transport Ministry - 15 percent. The two motorways are part of the 872-km Corridor IV linking Nadlac in western Romania to Constanta, southeastern Romania. Total investment in the two projects is put at 4.5 billion euros.
Source
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #1443
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9415

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
The deadline for section 3c (Suplacu de Barcau-Bors) was 28th of February 2010. Now they haven't even done 50% of works.
Is there any plan to build the A3 section between Suplacu de Barcau and Cluj in the near future?

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #1444
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Is there any plan to build the A3 section between Suplacu de Barcau and Cluj in the near future?
Section 3C Bors-Suplacu de Barcau is about 30% complete, AFAIK. From Suplacu de Barcau until Cluj (Gilau) the works haven't started yet. And in the current economic status I think nobody knows when they will start...

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #1445
bogdymol
bogdymod

IMO they should finish Campia Turzii - Bors motorway (and so we will have a motorway that goes from the center of our country untill the western border), and Campia Turzii - Brasov section to be cancelled for a while (untill we will have enough money to complete it).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #1446
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
IMO they should finish Campia Turzii - Bors motorway (and so we will have a motorway that goes from the center of our country untill the western border), and Campia Turzii - Brasov section to be canceled for a while (until we will have enough money to complete it).
Yes, Câmpia Turzii - Borş should be a priority, should be finished quick and then we should focus on other motorways. You know that, I know that, everybody seems to know that, but I'm not sure the government knows that. The reason, says the Ministry of Transport, is that Romania don't have the money to build two long motorways in the same time (Pan-European Corridor IV and Transylvania Motorway). I hear this reason for many long years, but it is a false one, since they are not really working at the Pan-European Corridor IV. Year after year, a true start of the works on Corridor IV has been canceled, postponed, started and then canceled or postponed again. And the situation is the same as we speak, cause scratching the land between Arad and Timişoara and between Cernavodă and Constanţa, or constructing for ten agonizing years a 17 km stretch in Sibiu, it doesn't mean you are really working. So we should have found the money till now for Câmpia Turzii-Borş, cause that money hasn't been so far invested in Corridor IV.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #1447
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Romania needs an Eisenhower Interstate Highway programme equivalent.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #1448
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Romania needs an Eisenhower Interstate Highway programme equivalent.

Say what?!

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old June 26th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #1449
ChrisZwolle
Road user

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...ay_Act_of_1956
Old June 26th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #1450
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Yeah yeah, did my research on that.
But man, don't compare The US with RO.

Nor Ike with Basescu...

Old June 26th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #1451
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It's rather similar though. Yes there is an income gap, but the positions are the same; increasing traffic over a road network that does not allow fast mobility of persons and goods. Romania needs something better than 30 km of new Autostrada per year.
Old June 26th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #1452
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
It's rather similar though. Yes there is an income gap, but the positions are the same; increasing traffic over a road network that does not allow fast mobility of persons and goods. Romania needs something better than 30 km of new Autostrada per year.
Oh come on man... don't I know it? Don't Romanians know it?! The fact remains RO is no US, Basescu is no Ike, regardless of the similarities (of course, The Moon resembles somehow Jupiter because they're both round planets, but that's it).

I mean really now... we couldn't do a lausy 4 bln PPP on Brasov-Comarnic on A3... and you're talking plans 10-20-50 times as challenging?

Don't get me wrong, I know what you're saying and I love your enthusiasm. I just need to see the FIRST "PPP-like" contract on a motorway in RO, then we'll talk an "Ike-like" plan for RO.

Old June 26th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #1453
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Romania needs a new revolution for something like this to become possible. The political class is that incompetent, corrupt and without any vision and intelligence. I think most people will cheer if our current politicians ever have the same fate as Ceausescu.

PS: Ceausescu could have done it, he could have built what Chris was proposing, if he wanted to. Not that I am fond of communism, but I'm just sayin'...
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #1454
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Romania needs a new revolution for something like this to become possible.
Revolution? OK, and who do you think can do this in RO? Do you personally know a party and/or an individual capable of such huge plans/changes in infrastructure and in other areas?

I would love to hear some names. Not here, private.

[/offtopic]

Old June 27th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #1455
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
PS: Ceausescu could have done it, he could have built what Chris was proposing, if he wanted to. Not that I am fond of communism, but I'm just sayin'...
I agree, he could have done it, but why he didn't ? Because he was an egocentric maniac and a narrow minded man. And he only could have done it just because he was a dictator. Instead, he created megalomaniac factories or buried billions of dollars and hundreds of lives to build a huge but completely useless "House of People" building.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #1456
adeiush

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
I agree, he could have done it, but why he didn't ? Because he was an egocentric maniac and a narrow minded man. And he only could have done it just because he was a dictator. Instead, he created megalomaniac factories or buried billions of dollars and hundreds of lives to build a huge but completely useless "House of People" building.
He could have built thousands of kms of motorway is a short period of time no doubt about that, but there was no reason to build motorways back then. There were very few cars and the roads were empty all the time so why spending billions of euros for something that was useless - this is what he thought...
adeiush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #1457
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

DN 7C - Transfagarasan high mountain road on NORC street view:

http://www.norc.ro/pano/FvmlRLmg/
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 01:01 AM   #1458
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12044

Quote:
Construction of new road bridge over the Danube - Black Sea Canal starts today

The construction of the new road bridge over the Danube - Black Sea Canal, downstream from the Agigea lock, will start today at km 0 + 540 of the Canal, Mediafax reports. The building will cost an approximate EUR 23 M, to be secured from structural funds of the European Union. According to a press release issued by the Constanta seaport operator company ‘Administratia Porturilor Maritime’ SA, the project includes the road bridge over the Canal, the viaducts that provide access to the bridge, road connections to the seaport and the Constanta ring, railways crossings, parking areas and the buildings located at the Gates 7 and 10 of Constanta Harbour. “This investment has the advantage of connecting the south of the Constanta Port to the Bucharest-Constanta motorway. Additionally, it provides access between the two sides of the port and avoids heavy traffic crossing the city of Constanta,” reads the release issued by CN APM SA Constanta. The contractor of the new bridge is Apolodor Comimpex company.
Source
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #1459
nbk

Likes (Received): 63

I can't wait to go to the seaside on motorway from start to finish line!
nbk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #1460
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Sibiu Ringroad Update

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania