daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2010, 05:34 PM   #1661
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
Correction, not "some", but ALL the sections from Nadlac to Sibiu.

We still have:
1. Nadlac-Arad
2. Timisoara-Lugoj
3. Lugoj-Deva
4. Deva-Orastie - DONE
5. Orastie-Sibiu
I meant "some" of "all", since one is U/C (Timisoara-Arad) and another was tendered already.

Quote:
Sibiu-Curtea de Arges-Pitesti will be tendered next year. We'll see.
Yes, but the rest on your list need to be tendered this year.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:40 PM   #1662
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Yes, but the rest on your list need to be tendered this year.
Yeah man, that's what I said.

From HU-Nadlac to Sibiu all the sections will be tendered this year (obviously the ones that are not already U/C - Arad bypass, Arad-Timisoara). It's quite a long way to go...

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:42 PM   #1663
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Yep!

BTW: the price of EUR 5 million/km in a very hilly area is a veeeery low price! I hope Strabag can keep up with the deadline and the final result! The area is spectacular and the whole section will have plenty of viaducts and maybe tunnels as well!
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM   #1664
ionut
Reaching for the stars

I would LOVE to see some plans/the final project for Deva-Orastie. I hope they will have 3 interchanges (one in Deva, one in Orastie and one in Simeria). That area is HEAVILY populated and gathers traffic from both DN1 and DN7!

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:24 PM   #1665
blogen_
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Yep!
BTW: the price of EUR 5 million/km in a very hilly area is a veeeery low price! I hope Strabag can keep up with the deadline and the final result! The area is spectacular and the whole section will have plenty of viaducts and maybe tunnels as well!
The Déva-Szászváros section is practically flat in the Maros valley. So not surprising the price.

blogen_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:49 PM   #1666
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

The project includes 15 bridges and 10 viaducts. There will be also a long bridge over the Mures river. And it's not a plain there. There are hills.

And BTW: a river valley has lots of problems: muddy terrain, flooding risks etc.

Last edited by Le Clerk; September 1st, 2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:35 PM   #1667
bogdymol
bogdymod

I made a map with the new Deva - Orastie motorway while reading this document.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM   #1668
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Yeah man, that's what I said.

From HU-Nadlac to Sibiu all the sections will be tendered this year (obviously the ones that are not already U/C - Arad bypass, Arad-Timisoara). It's quite a long way to go...

Quote:
Transport Ministry to launch tenders with EUR 3.14 bln European financing

BUSINESS NEWS | ROMANIA BUSINESS INSIDER | SEPTEMBER 2, 2010

The Transport Ministry will launch tenders with European financing, through the Transport Regional Operational Program, worth EUR 3.14 billion by year-end, according to Transport Minister Radu Berceanu.

“I am sure this time next year the Transport Ministry will rank first in terms of European funds drawn effectively, and we do not have pre-financing as in the case of other programs and the procedures last between one and one and a half years until the tenders are won. Moreover, we have only 60-70 projects that total over EUR 6 billion, because they are high-value projects “, the Transport Minister has said.

Berceanu added that until 2015, the ministry must draw over EUR 6.7 billion, and some 90 percent from these projects would be put out to tender in the coming period.
Source
Old September 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM   #1669
alwn

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
As i see looking y google map also the 2A section (Gilau- Mihaiesti 24 km) of Transylvania Motorway is U/C. At least a half of this section looks to be under construction. Am I right?

Also i dont understand how it will be connected Constanta to A2 motorway. I dont see any link between the junction A2/ Constanta RB and the proper city. Looks that y need to take north the ringbelt and to enter in the city from the national road no 3. Maybe they are planning in the future a direct access to the city from the junction..
Old September 3rd, 2010, 02:51 PM   #1670
alwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
As i see looking y google map also the 2A section (Gilau- Mihaiesti 24 km) of Transylvania Motorway is U/C. At least a half of this section looks to be under construction. Am I right?

Also i dont understand how it will be connected Constanta to A2 motorway. I dont see any link between the junction A2/ Constanta RB and the proper city. Looks that y need to take north the ringbelt and to enter in the city from the national road no 3. Maybe they are planning in the future a direct access to the city from the junction..
Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM   #1671
waddler
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Also i dont understand how it will be connected Constanta to A2 motorway
Well it's simple, It won't be connected at all

Like you said...
Quote:
Looks that y need to take north the ringbelt and to enter in the city from the national road no 3.
I don't think they're planning to directly connect it to the city, though somebody was saying on the Romanian forum that it might be possible to continue the motorway, through an existing abandoned railway line and a tunnel going all the way to the port.
waddler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:21 PM   #1672
bogdymol
bogdymod

I edited the map I made for Deva - Orastie motorway and now it is correct. I also added the 3 motorway exits (Deva, Simeria, Orastie).
Old September 3rd, 2010, 08:58 PM   #1673
alwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddler View Post
Well it's simple, It won't be connected at all

Like you said...

I don't think they're planning to directly connect it to the city, though somebody was saying on the Romanian forum that it might be possible to continue the motorway, through an existing abandoned railway line and a tunnel going all the way to the port.
just speachless..
Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:02 PM   #1674
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
just speachless..
Man, what do you mean how exactly A2 connects to Constanta? If you want to go to downtown Constanta from A2/Bucharest you will exit A2 at the A2/A4 interchange, switch to A4, then go a few km NORTH and then EXIT A4 on the DN3/A4 interchange (Valu lui Traian Interchange), than take the current DN3 to Constanta-West.

A2 won't go directly to the city proper. A2 will connect to A4 (Constanta bypass) and from A4 you have 4 connection points with Constanta (Ovidiu-North, Poiana-North-West, Valu lui Traian/DN3-West and Agigea-South).

See below:

Here: http://constantabypass.localdata.ro/harta.html

Old September 3rd, 2010, 11:23 PM   #1675
alwn

Quote:
Man, what do you mean how exactly A2 connects to Constanta? If you want to go to downtown Constanta from A2/Bucharest you will exit A2 at the A2/A4 interchange, switch to A4, then go a few km NORTH and then EXIT A4 on the DN3/A4 interchange (Valu lui Traian Interchange), than take the current DN3 to Constanta-West.

A2 won't go directly to the city proper. A2 will connect to A4 (Constanta bypass) and from A4 you have 4 connection points with Constanta (Ovidiu-North, Poiana-North-West, Valu lui Traian/DN3-West and Agigea-South).

See below:

Here: http://constantabypass.localdata.ro/harta.html
thks but it is exactly what i said

Looks that y need to take north of the ringbelt and to enter in the city from the national road no 3
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #1676
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:

Looks that y need to take north of the ringbelt and to enter in the city from the national road no 3
I don't think that should be a problem since all road junctions are grade separated.
Old September 4th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #1677
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:

Exactly, but you have to go north just maybe 1km. That's not a problem, as, like bogdymol said, all intersections are not at level ones.

Last edited by panda80; September 4th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #1678
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9367

Main road 1 between Bors and Cluj Napoca is horrible... I have no idea why you are not building the A3 from Cluj till the Hungarian border...

I was driving about the same distance in the left lane (overtaking all the way) as in the right lane, but about 100x more time in the that lane than the left...

Average driving speed was less than 50 km/h!!!! THURSDAY AFTERNOON!!! GOD!!!

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:52 PM   #1679
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Main road 1 between Bors and Cluj Napoca is horrible... I have no idea why you are not building the A3 from Cluj till the Hungarian border...
I believe it is U/C as we speak, but via slight more northerly course, so you don't see much of it from DN1.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #1680
bogdymol
bogdymod

A3 motorway between Bors and Cluj-Napoca is partially u/c. Bors-Surpaclu de Barcau and I think Gilau - Nadaselu are the only parts u/c. Hopefully they will do it all the way from Cluj to HU border soon.

Chris is right, it will take a more northerly course (it will pass near Zalau).

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania