daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 10th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #1701
Alexbbb

Likes (Received): 25

What happend to the Targu Mures-Iasi highway?
Alexbbb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2010, 07:09 AM   #1702
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexbbb View Post
What happend to the Targu Mures-Iasi highway?
The network is part of the TEN-T. Tg.Mures-Iasi is proposed for PPP outside TEN-T. Read the document on the Romanian section.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:20 AM   #1703
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
A slight rearrangement of the motorway network in Romania for the period beyond 2013 by the Transport Ministry:

The motorway to Giurgiu appears on the map, though currently there is a functional expressway and traffic does not justify another motorway route now or in the coming decade, especially after the completion of the Vidin-Calafat bridge.
The motorway to Giurgiu, could be an upgrade from functional to normal expressway.

I doubt that there will be two parallel motorways connecting Zalau - Cluj-Napoca - Turda (as it appears on the map above).
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #1704
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallae2 View Post
I doubt that there will be two parallel motorways connecting Zalau - Cluj-Napoca - Turda (as it appears on the map above).
The map is in that section. Of course there won't be 2 motorways there. It will be Sebes-Turda or Sebes-Campia Turzii than A3 until Simleu SIlvaniei / Zalau (if the map is correct), than Satu-Mare-Hamleu.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #1705
Alexbbb

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
The network is part of the TEN-T. Tg.Mures-Iasi is proposed for PPP outside TEN-T. Read the document on the Romanian section.
Am vazut. Mersi!
Alexbbb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #1706
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallae2 View Post
The motorway to Giurgiu, could be an upgrade from functional to normal expressway.

and where is the motoryway from Suceava towards West (Baia Mare) ?

is South Bucovina rich region of Romania ? if not, than I would say that motorway is more than useful ...
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #1707
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
and where is the motoryway from Suceava towards West (Baia Mare) ?

is South Bucovina rich region of Romania ? if not, than I would say that motorway is more than useful ...
Well, when it comes to Romania, "rich" is a relative word. However, as far as I know, there is no plan (and it never was) about a northern east-west motorway.
About that map: it is strange enough to worth zero for me: Filiaşi-Hunedoara, Timişoara-Nădlac, Alba Iulia-Zalău (with no connection between Alba Iulia and Sebeş/A1!!), an entire but useless ring road for Sibiu (which it is NOT in execution, but only the northern branch) - it looks like they used a 3 old kid to draw some lines on Romania's map.
What can I say? It's a good start for the new Ministry of Transport.

Last edited by nenea_hartia; September 10th, 2010 at 07:16 PM.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #1708
Ayceman

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Well, when it comes to Romania, "rich" is a relative word. However, as far as I know, there is no plan (and it never was) about a northern east-west motorway.
About that map: it is strange enough to worth zero for me: Filiaşi-Hunedoara, Timişoara-Nădlac, Alba Iulia-Zalău (with no connection between Alba Iulia and Sebeş/A1!!), an entire but useless ring road for Sibiu (which it is NOT in execution, but only the northern branch) - it looks like they used a 3 old kid to draw some lines on Romania's map.
What can I say? It's a good start for the new Ministry of Transport.
Yup - Deva-Craiova and Alba Iulia-Satu Mare are unrealistic and useless. Besides that, The E-W Motorway and the central section of the A3 aren't present.

EDIT: This is more realistic than what the ministry released:

Last edited by Ayceman; September 11th, 2010 at 12:57 AM.
Ayceman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #1709
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1593

in addition to the map above, attached bellow is a map showing motorway/expressway network in Serbia (to the best of my knowledge)

[IMG]http://i55.************/bdpcpg.jpg[/IMG]

I am surprised to see Cantemir metro area (Galaţi/Brăila, 600k, largest metro area after Bucharest) not included in motorway network, especially considering that is located in flat area and construction cost (per km) should be low. Is there already maybe some functional expressway Focşani - Galaţi in place?
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #1710
and802

there is no single West-East motorway shown on this map

well, I understand each country has its own targets and dependencies, but for a country of Romania size I would say at least one West-East motorway is required
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #1711
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
there is no single West-East motorway shown on this map

well, I understand each country has its own targets and dependencies, but for a country of Romania size I would say at least one West-East motorway is required
What do you mean? There is A3 between Oradea and Târgu Mureş, then the so called East-West motorway (probably A5), between Târgu Mureş and the Moldavian border.
Old September 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #1712
KaaRoy

Likes (Received): 2

Can someone tell me please if the current Google maps are showing the existing parts of the Transylvania motorway correctly?

If yes, can someone explain the logic of the construction sequence? Some existing parts as shown by Google seem to connect nothing to nothing....
KaaRoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #1713
Ayceman

Likes (Received): 7

No, some people messed around in Google Maps, as if it's a sandbox. The only built section is between Turda and Gilău. A3 U/C phases are between Suplacu de Barcău and the HU border, Turda - Câmpia Turzii and Bucharest - Ploiești.

All sections of the A3 besides Turda-Gilău are not present, and neither are the A4 and A2 between Cernavodă and Constanța.
Ayceman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #1714
and802

Quote:
What do you mean? There is A3 between Oradea and Târgu Mureş, then the so called East-West motorway (probably A5), between Târgu Mureş and the Moldavian border.

my mistake, I did not check the map carefully enough.

when would be the completion date ?
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #1715
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
my mistake, I did not check the map carefully enough.

when would be the completion date ?
Not very soon, I'm afraid. There are very few money for the completion of A3 between Câmpia Turzii and the Hungarian border and no money at all for the completion between Câmpia Turzii and Târgu Mureş. As for the future A5... the feasibility study should be delivered in December to the Romanian Company of Motorways and National Routes (CNADNR).
Old September 12th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #1716
KaaRoy

Specifically:

1. Google maps shows a completed autostrada between Turda and Ungheni (a few kms west of Tirgu Mures) - does this really exist?

2. Google maps shows a completed section a few kms south of the city of Margitha, approx. between places named Fegernic and Suplacu de Barcau - does this really exist?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...,0.764923&z=11

3. Approx. 15 km north of Gilau, there is a very short section indicated ready around a place named Mihaiesti - does this exist?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...,0.382462&z=12

If they dont, where on Earth is Google getting their map data from?
Old September 12th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #1717
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaRoy View Post
Specifically:

1. Google maps shows a completed autostrada between Turda and Ungheni (a few kms west of Tirgu Mures) - does this really exist?

2. Google maps shows a completed section a few kms south of the city of Margitha, approx. between places named Fegernic and Suplacu de Barcau - does this really exist?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...,0.764923&z=11

3. Approx. 15 km north of Gilau, there is a very short section indicated ready around a place named Mihaiesti - does this exist?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...,0.382462&z=12

If they dont, where on Earth is Google getting their map data from?
Nope, none of them exists. And as you probably know, Google Maps is made by enthusiasts. In this particularly case, these enthusiasts are simply morons.
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #1718
KaaRoy

Quote:
Nope, none of them exists. And as you probably know, Google Maps is made by enthusiasts. In this particularly case, these enthusiasts are simply morons.
As far as I know, Google Maps is NOT made by enthusiasts. There is no way to edit Google maps as a user. They buy their map data from companies specializing in this, e.g. TeleAtlas. You can usually see the source of map data in the bottom right corner.

I think you are confusing Google Maps with OpenStreetMap, which is truly a wiki type open thing. By the way, OpenStreetMap seems to be correct on the Transylvanian motorway situation.

And one interesting fact on Google: while it seems to show future motorways in Transylvania, it does not yet show motorways in Hungary completed a long time ago, e.g. M6 all the way down to the city of Pécs.
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #1719
KaaRoy

Quote:
Well, it seems I was wrong. While Google maps are NOT editable by users in most of the world, they seem to be editable in Romania. Strange. I think they made it editable in areas where they do not yet have good quality map data purchased from some reputable company. Or what? Anyway, the fact is this: I am offered an "edit" link when I watch the map pf Romania, but no such option exist anywhere west of Romania.
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #1720
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Google Maps is edited by their employees, to add some new roads or realign existing ones (probably based on imagery, sometimes it's off).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania