daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:45 PM   #1761
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

One of the Bucharest north ring overpasses caught on beams placement:













Source
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; September 20th, 2010 at 12:00 AM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #1762
luci203
Registered User
 
luci203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,130
Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
See here more pictures from Transalpina.

@ Luci: than you for the pictures. When did you visit Transalpina? And how did you get all the way to the lake. I know the road is not yet completed there.
I visited this Friday...

The road between Ranca and Obarsia Lotrului is still a lot U/C (as u can see in the first pictures), and it was a nightmare in some sections. (If u have "the luck" to be caught by a rain... there is no way you can climb that road on mud, it was hard on dry dirt)

The Section after Obarsia Lotrului to Oasa (pics after lake Vidra) is more manageable, even if is not completley finished, is not as bad. (I belive only 10% is not covered with asfalt, I posted a few pics from those section under construction. (the last ones))
__________________
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F...

Last edited by luci203; September 20th, 2010 at 12:26 AM.
luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 03:28 PM   #1763
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Thanks! I can't wait to drive all long the road when it's finished. Hopefully next year!

I understand there's only 10% of it to be completed.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania

Last edited by Le Clerk; September 21st, 2010 at 03:39 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 03:30 PM   #1764
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

September updates for Transilvania Motorway, Section 2b in between Turda and Campia Turzii to be opened this year:















__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 03:34 PM   #1765
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

September updates for Transilvania Motorway, Section 3c in between Suplacu de Barcau and Bors:









__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:00 PM   #1766
luci203
Registered User
 
luci203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,130
Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Thanks! I can't wait to drive all long the road when it's finished. Hopefully next year!

I understand there's only 10% of it to be completed.
10% from Obarsia Lotrului to Oasa... (From Oasa to Sebes is under repair, but no sections with no asphalt)

From Ranca to Obarsia Lotrului is about 30-40% still with no asphalt, and it is the hardest section.
__________________
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F...
luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:15 PM   #1767
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,233
Likes (Received): 9398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
September updates for Transilvania Motorway, Section 3c in between Suplacu de Barcau and Bors:
If I understand it correctly, this bridge is the only thing u/c at the moment on section 3c, am I right? This bridge is directly connected to the existing and operational section. What will happen after it is completed? It's going to be inaugurated, or Bechtel will start working on another 500 meter section?
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:24 PM   #1768
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
If I understand it correctly, this bridge is the only thing u/c at the moment on section 3c, am I right? This bridge is directly connected to the existing and operational section.
No, it is not connected (see here - only 42km on 2b is operational, and the rest of 10km in October). The only reason they build that bridge is because the entire area will be flooded to make place to an artificial lake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
What will happen after it is completed? It's going to be inaugurated, or Bechtel will start working on another 500 meter section?


Now seriously, probably nothing else will happen on 3c, because our government is weeping like a baby: "We have no money! "
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:39 PM   #1769
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,233
Likes (Received): 9398

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
No, it is not connected (see here - only 42km on 2b is operational, and the rest of 10km in October). The only reason they build that bridge is because the entire area will be flooded to make place to an artificial lake.
Thanx for clearing it up, now I understand it completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post


Now seriously, probably nothing else will happen on 3c, because our government is weeping like a baby: "We have no money! "
Unfortunately, it's sad to here this...
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:45 PM   #1770
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Unfortunately, it's sad to here this...
Sad indeed. Can you imagine, Bechtel has almost finished the last 10km on 2b on it's own money, hoping the government will somehow find the financing. Unfortunately Transilvania Motorway is not co-financed by the EU.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:48 PM   #1771
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,603
Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Unfortunately Transilvania Motorway is not co-financed by the EU.
So this is the progress of Romania if they weren't an EU member.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:51 PM   #1772
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,233
Likes (Received): 9398

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Sad indeed. Can you imagine, Bechtel has almost finished the last 10km on 2b on it's own money, hoping the government will somehow find the financing. Unfortunately Transilvania Motorway is not co-financed by the EU.
Is it impossible to get funds for this project from the EU? We even got money for our m4 metro line which is totally pointless in it's current form...
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:09 PM   #1773
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
So this is the progress of Romania if they weren't an EU member.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Is it impossible to get funds for this project from the EU? We even got money for our m4 metro line which is totally pointless in it's current form...
No, we cannot get funds, because the stupid socialist government didn't made a proper tender for A3, according to the EU requirements. The contract - of a huge importance for Romania, 415km - was directly awarded to Bechtel. Some say it was just a payment of the lobby made by the US for our admission into NATO, but who knows?
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:15 PM   #1774
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,233
Likes (Received): 9398

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
No, we cannot get funds, because the stupid socialist government didn't made a proper tender for A3, according to the EU requirements. The contract - of a huge importance for Romania, 415km - was directly awarded to Bechtel. Some say it was just a payment of the lobby made by the US for our admission into NATO, but who knows?
What happens if Bechtel terminates the contract blaming the whole failure on the Romanian governments? Is this a possibility?

Observing Le Clerk's pix the tempo at the u/c bridge seems pretty slow...
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:33 PM   #1775
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Observing Le Clerk's pix the tempo at the u/c bridge seems pretty slow...
Well, when finished, the viaduct will have a length of 1.8 km and 45 spans of 40m. But I agree, the construction seems pretty slow, it's like we see the same pictures over and over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
What happens if Bechtel terminates the contract blaming the whole failure on the Romanian governments? Is this a possibility?
Nobody knows why Bechtel didn't decide yet to terminate the contract. Romanian press speculates they have very favorable terms that would force the Romanian gvt. to pay them a huge amount of money.
However, we think it would be the best for us to complete Câmpia Turzii-Cluj-Hungarian border and halt the rest for better days. For us is more important now to build A1 and to link it with M43, cause A1 from the Hungarian border to Constanţa is co-financed by the EU.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:38 PM   #1776
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED
 
Le Clerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35,479
Likes (Received): 12043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
What happens if Bechtel terminates the contract blaming the whole failure on the Romanian governments? Is this a possibility?
I doubt Bechtel will terminate the contract, for 2 reasons:

1. Bechtel may apply delay penalties if the RO Gov delays orders for works and payments for different sections of the motorway;

2. Bechtel has a pretty good contract and it's not going to kick it away.

IMO, there will be an agreement next year on Bechtel financing further works from its own money, with payment coming later on, as it happened so far. The Government is also planning to invest more in infrastructure next year, as a result in social and public sector cuts, so there might be more money for AT.
__________________
Rebuilding Bucharest's History: Lipscani Area |Victoriei Ave. | Elisabeta Bld.
Yes, it's Dracula's Castle
Best picture collection of UNESCO sites in Romania
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:04 PM   #1777
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,233
Likes (Received): 9398

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Well, when finished, the viaduct will have a length of 1.8 km and 45 spans of 40m. But I agree, the construction seems pretty slow, it's like we see the same pictures over and over again.
When finished it'll be a great achievement. Romanian people can be rightly proud of it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Nobody knows why Bechtel didn't decide yet to terminate the contract. Romanian press speculates they have very favorable terms that would force the Romanian gvt. to pay them a huge amount of money.
However, we think it would be the best for us to complete Câmpia Turzii-Cluj-Hungarian border and halt the rest for better days. For us is more important now to build A1 and to link it with M43, cause A1 from the Hungarian border to Constanţa is co-financed by the EU.
Probably you and Le Clerk have answered the question properly. I also hope Bechtel won't back out, otherwise the project could go on halt for even a decade (WCS)...

But I would delay the whole project after it had reached Targu Mures instead of Câmpia Turzii...
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:33 PM   #1778
nenea_hartia
Skeptic
 
nenea_hartia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 3,714
Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
When finished it'll be a great achievement. Romanian people can be rightly proud of it.
Great achievement but probably completely useless for a couple of years. I hope people won't go to Suplacu de Barcău to visit it like you visit a museum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
But I would delay the whole project after it had reached Targu Mures instead of Câmpia Turzii...
Oh, I would love to see A3 completed till Braşov, not just Târgu Mureş, but I have to admit we simply don't have the money to do it. And the gvt. also shows signs that for now is only interested to complete Câmpia Turzii-Hungarian border.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:41 PM   #1779
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,603
Likes (Received): 19391

Wouldn't it be cheaper and faster to cancel the contract with Bechtel, give them a few 100 million € compensation and re-tender the project according to EU regulation, and receive an 80% EU-funding?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:43 PM   #1780
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,233
Likes (Received): 9398

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Oh, I would love to see A3 completed till Braşov, not just Târgu Mureş, but I have to admit we simply don't have the money to do it. And the gvt. also shows signs that for now is only interested to complete Câmpia Turzii-Hungarian border.
At least that's something...

Undoubtedly it would give a great push to your A3 project if we would finally start building M4 between Berettyóújfalu and Ártánd/Bors... Not ot mention the M47 between Debrecen bypass and M4 junction at already mentioned Berettyóújfalu. I have no idea why we are wasting time...

One other question. Why are several parts of A3 shown as built motorway-sections on Googlemaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Great achievement but probably completely useless for a couple of years. I hope people won't go to Suplacu de Barcău to visit it like you visit a museum.
It would undeniably be a perfect addition to the abandoned or unfinished motorways thread! (Do we have such a thread?)
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium