daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 12th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #1901
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19363

They do that to make people slow down... reduce visibility so that people HAVE to slow down to pass a roundabout.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #1902
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 395

How many km. of motorways are there U/C in RO?
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #1903
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 12012

Currently about 300 or a bit more, if we count the Deva-Orastie section which has just been tendered and works will start early next year.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #1904
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocopter View Post
Even if the article doesn't seem to be a very professional study, it contains quite a surprise. Pitesti-Sibiu segment of A1 is not to be co-financed by the EU. Since the government seems to be much more interested in contructing the A3 segment Comarnic-Brasov, it is pretty clear to me that any works on Pitesti-Sibiu won't start in the next five years.
could you please clarify one thing for me ? I was sure all roads - motorways to be precised - are somehow co-financed by EU. so any particular reason this segment of A1 would be budgeted out of Romanians only ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #1905
bleetz
one.man.army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
Currently about 300 or a bit more, if we count the Deva-Orastie section which has just been tendered and works will start early next year.
Would you have a map of those motorways and other roads, something like the Polish map perhaps?
Old October 13th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #1906
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I think this is a fair motorway situation in Romania:

Green - operational
  • A1 Bucuresti - Pitesti
  • A2 Bucuresti - Cernavoda
  • A3 Turda - Gilau
Yellow - u/c, to be opened late this year
  • A1 Sibiu bypass
  • A3 Turda - Campia Turzii
Red - u/c, to be opened in 2011 - 2012
  • A1 Arad bypass
  • A1 Arad - Timisoara
  • A2 Cernavoda - Constanta
  • A3 Bors - Surpaclu de Barcau
  • A3 Bucuresti - Ploiesti
  • A4 Constanta bypass
Light blue - Pan European IV corridor sections to be tendered late this year
  • A1 Arad - Nadlac
  • A1 Timisoara - Lugoj
  • A1 Lugoj - Deva
  • A1 Orastie - Sibiu
Dark blue - A1 Deva - Orastie motorway - status unknown: some say it's awarded to Strabag, some say it's not awarded yet; others say that it's at the contestations point (we will see later what is going on there)

Other projects:

Brown - A3 Transilvania Motorway awarded to Bechtel (works on this sections haven't started yet)

Gray - A3 Comarnic - Brasov motorway (PPP project that failed; to be re-tendered next year)

Violet - A1 Sibiu - Pitesti: it might get EU money next year; nothing sure yet
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #1907
bleetz
one.man.army

Thanks. This map seems to make no distinction between motorway and non-motorway roads though. I mean all those green roads for example, surely they are not motorways. So what are they?
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #1908
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetz View Post
Thanks. This map seems to make no distinction between motorway and non-motorway roads though. I mean all those green roads for example, surely they are not motorways. So what are they?
They are "DN" roads (DN - drum national = national road) and 80% of them are in good condition, some are under rehabilitation.

If you need to go from A to B in Romania just say so and we'll recommend you a route.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
ionut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #1909
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionut View Post
They are "DN" roads (DN - drum national = national road) and 80% of them are in good condition, some are under rehabilitation.
Those are actually termed as "European Roads" (as in E81) and indeed most are in good or very good condition.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #1910
bleetz
one.man.army

Well, I went to Romania last summer (Maramures) and I am not planning to go there until at least next year. I am simply interested in the planned motorway network and would like to see a map of it, possibly with completed and tendered parts in different colours.

If such map doesn't exist then fine, I was just curious.
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #1911
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Well, I went to Romania last summer (Maramures) and I am not planning to go there until at least next year.
Ohoo, nice! Did you try the strong boose there with ham?
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #1912
Ayceman

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by and802 View Post
could you please clarify one thing for me ? I was sure all roads - motorways to be precised - are somehow co-financed by EU. so any particular reason this segment of A1 would be budgeted out of Romanians only ?
In order to get EU financing, you need to put down a certain percentage yourself. Romania is already in way over it's head with the A3 construction costs.
Ayceman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #1913
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
would like to see a map of it, possibly with completed and tendered parts in different colours.
I am not sure whether you can see my post and picture in answer to your quest here.

Last edited by Le Clerk; October 13th, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old October 13th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #1914
bleetz
one.man.army

Ah, OK, got it. The thick ones are the motorways Thanks.

And no, I didn't try that thing that you said, but I did drink lots and lots of beer.
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #1915
bleetz
one.man.army

So Bucharest ring road will be of motorway standard and will be opened later this year?!
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #1916
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
So Bucharest ring road will be of motorway standard and will be opened later this year?!
No.

The CURRENT Bucharest ring road will be upgraded to 2x2 with elevated interchanges. The north side will be opened later this year (between DN2 and DN1A), at least that's the plan.

The FUTURE Bucharest MOTORWAY ring is too far into the ... future. No tenders, no nothing.

As a sign of appreciation and respect for the Romanian moderators and a few Romanian users, I will not edit all my 4100+ messages. I dedicate all the "work" I've done with passion on SSC to these handful of users. I will only continue to read SSC and be available for these users on PM. Thank you.
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #1917
bleetz
one.man.army

Does that mean that the map is wrong? It has a thick yellow line around Bucharest. Thick means motorway, yellow means to be opened this year.
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #1918
ionut
Reaching for the stars

Quote:
Does that mean that the map is wrong? It has a thick yellow line around Bucharest. Thick means motorway, yellow means to be opened this year.
No man, the map is not wrong. The thick LIGHT-ORANGE ring is indeed the motorway ring but God knows when this will be finished. That's not yellow, it's orange, light orange if you look closely.

The light-orange motorways on LeClerk's map are motorways, indeed, but JUST PLANNED motorways with NO tenders.

Old October 13th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #1919
luci203

Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
That article has too many mistakes to pretend to do an analysis.

Just look at the level of completion for Sibiu by-pass or generally ask yourself what do they mean by "accomplished".
Unfortunatley, they are right on all sections with the "zero km accomplished"

And about Sibiu by-pass, is not 50%, is about 60% (have to consider that the section between DJ and beyond village of Cristian is not even started)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocopter View Post
Since the government seems to be much more interested in contructing the A3 segment Comarnic-Brasov, it is pretty clear to me that any works on Pitesti-Sibiu won't start in the next five years.
Just to piss off the optimist Le Clerk, I say that even Comarnic-Brasov won't start in the next five years.
Old October 13th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #1920
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
And about Sibiu by-pass, is not 50%, is about 60% (have to consider that the section between DJ and beyond village of Cristian is not even started)
No, the end project of the bypass is DJ 106B. Everything beyond that is part of the Sibiu-Orăştie motorway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
Just to piss off the optimist Le Clerk, I say that even Comarnic-Brasov won't start in the next five years.
+1

And Le Clerk, as alecu26 told you so many times on the Romanian forums - but you didn't believed him - Orăştie-Deva ISN'T tendered yet, so please correct the map.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania