SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Construction | CBD NORTH | One Circular Quay | 60st/198m | Residential | U/C

679K views 3K replies 203 participants last post by  CULWULLA 
#1 · (Edited)
The stage 1 DA has been lodged for a total recontruction of 1965 Goldfields House. It is proposed to be an exclusive residential tower.The tower will be wider and nearly twice as deep.
It will consist of 33 levels /420 units with 40,000sqm.
i think it will be THE ADDRESS in Australia! imagine views SHB & SOH right infront!

conceptual design>

model pix

See less See more
Reactions: Marco Polo
#2,040 ·
still excavtion to go so be couple more months
obviously the hotel wont be complete by 2021,more like 2022/23
the resi tower will commence when hotel is complete as per document
no idea who builder is but im sure there will be one

Reactions: Philip Marlowe
#2,042 ·
yeh strange when they do that , maybe parts of excavation has to be completed that day or could be safety issues or maybe just making up time , they are about a year behind

#2,046 ·
Good news - looks like submissions for basement early works closed on Monday 10 August 2020:

TENDER DESCRIPTION
Gross Building Area 26,000m2

The Works comprises the construction of the six (6) level basement structure up to the ground plane including in-ground services and footings but generally excluding any basement fitout works unless otherwise stated in the Documentation.

The Works are to be undertaken after completion of the current Prior Works package comprising bulk excavation and shoring works by the incumbent Prior Works Contractor.

The Works include the construction of the basement structure, substructure (including in-ground services) and structural provisions for building services, however, does not generally include interior fitout works and the installation of any building services including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, fire and acoustic services within
the basement unless otherwise indicated on the Documentation. Note, services cast into the structure such as lighting conduits are included as part of the Works.

The scope of the Basement Early Works comprises the whole of the works required to obtain the Construction Certificates (CC’s) as follows and the undertaking of all work permitted under these CC’s so that the Site is suitable for subsequent takeover by the MW Contractor for the purpose of construction of
the MW:
 CC3: In-Ground Services and Footings Construction; and
 CC4a: Basement Structure Construction.

#2,047 ·
yes great news. i reckon they will build whole basement structure and then start on wanda tower,once thats finished then they will start on 1 alfred tower.

Reactions: B107
#2,052 ·
The current plans for the hotel have standard rooms starting at 38m2. That’s on the small side for new-build Peninsula hotels, but could be easily resolved by removing a room on each floor. Room total would remain close to 200 which is pretty standard for the top luxury hoteliers

I agree this location demands one of the best luxury hotel brands in the world. I don’t think there would be a shortage of interested parties, even in these current conditions.

I found out recently that Peninsula was actually progressing plans in the 90s to open a hotel at East Circular Quay but, unfortunately, the plans fell through.

#2,056 ·
sept1
excavation complete
i can see top of a piling rig, the lads from CQT watching piler

#2,068 ·
yes a lesson Dubai should adapt. many of there projects have collapsed because of weakened walls
just on oneCQ, so is that crane base for them or CQT?