daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 7th, 2007, 01:36 PM   #101
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,506
Likes (Received): 6526

nice, at least some small highrises for berlin in the near future
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #102
erbse
LIBERTINED
 
erbse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McLenBurg
Posts: 43,280
Likes (Received): 57989

One simple question: Why does Berlin spreads his 'highrises' all over the city? It could have a nice little cluster long ago with the sparsely existing ones... It's just awkward that the government doesn't seem to be able to regulate this rank growth with a building plan or somethin like this.
__________________
GET FREE!
D W F


🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #103
SilesianSkyscraper
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rybnik/Silesia
Posts: 741
Likes (Received): 6

You have really good projects in Berlin.
SilesianSkyscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 06:48 PM   #104
Darryl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 809
Likes (Received): 102

East Side Gallery

There was talk of restoring the East Side Gallery. Does anyone know of any concrete plans to accomplish this?? (no pun intended )

I know money was an issue. I saw East Side Gallery in Sept. of 2005 and it looked terrible. It is in very bad condition, and is an embarrassment. I hope restoration will take place.
Darryl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #105
beta29
*Made in Estonia*
 
beta29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hamburg/Berlin/Tallinn
Posts: 904
Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbsenzaehler View Post
One simple question: Why does Berlin spreads his 'highrises' all over the city? It could have a nice little cluster long ago with the sparsely existing ones... It's just awkward that the government doesn't seem to be able to regulate this rank growth with a building plan or somethin like this.
Our government isn´t able to do anything, you should know it....you´re from Brandenburg

I just hope....maybe in 50 years...the whole inner S-bahn ring area is a huge cluster
beta29 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:51 AM   #106
city_thing
Put it in your mouth
 
city_thing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Melbourne.
Posts: 7,127
Likes (Received): 883

I miss Berlin so much :/

My favourite city on Earth.
__________________
Calling occupants of interplanetary craft...
city_thing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM   #107
ravanellidiciamo
BANNED
 
ravanellidiciamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Turin Miraflowers
Posts: 2,340
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_thing View Post
I miss Berlin so much :/

My favourite city on Earth.
for me too....

but seriously.. i regret that berlin is losin all is free spaces in the town...
especially in east berlin.

big avenues and big squares give value to the buildings around. and this is (was??) a great issue for Berlin.


for instance.... northern alexanderplatz will be drown in buildings... its a sin...!!!!!!!
ravanellidiciamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #108
erbse
LIBERTINED
 
erbse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McLenBurg
Posts: 43,280
Likes (Received): 57989

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravanellidiciamo View Post
for instance.... northern alexanderplatz will be drown in buildings... its a sin...!!!!!!!
Excuse me, but... Are you serious?
__________________
GET FREE!
D W F


🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 07:23 PM   #109
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Occupied Europe
Posts: 23,660

The best thing you can do is hide those buildings around Alexanderplatz.
__________________
Free German passport

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM   #110
HelloMoto163
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 479
Likes (Received): 65

from the exporeal
anschutz entertaiment group

---


the construction starts 2008
meermann-charmartin group
__________________

mb92 liked this post
HelloMoto163 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #111
goschio
proud Kuffar
 
goschio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ujerumani
Posts: 6,048
Likes (Received): 4202

Wont get built anyway.
__________________
Isaiah 28:2
Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #112
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Occupied Europe
Posts: 23,660

man Rehd doch nicht imma alles kapput!
__________________
Free German passport

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #113
HelloMoto163
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 479
Likes (Received): 65

kann mir durchaus vorstellen das das untere projekt am hbf gebaut wird
HelloMoto163 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #114
Insane alex
Stockholm rules!
 
Insane alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden/ Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 1,738
Likes (Received): 23

English please.. i would like to understand what u are writing... this is the english speaking part of ssc..
__________________
Stockholm projects

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=449245
Countries i've been to: Australia, Austria, Canada, Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Lichtenstein, Germany, The Netherlands, Latvia, Italy, UK, USA, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hong Kong.
Insane alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #115
Mexikaner
Marketer
 
Mexikaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Guadalajara, MX
Posts: 609
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMoto163 View Post
kann mir durchaus vorstellen das das untere projekt am hbf gebaut wird




translation: i can imagine that the project will be built in haupt bahnhof
Mexikaner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 05:10 PM   #116
ravanellidiciamo
BANNED
 
ravanellidiciamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Turin Miraflowers
Posts: 2,340
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbsenzaehler View Post
Excuse me, but... Are you serious?
I am...

i mean, northern Alexanderpaltz had a great historical value, wasnt so "beautiful" i agree but it was the central square of ostberlin.

now the new kaufhof and the new building in the "nike" basket field area will steal spaces and perspective to this area i liked a lot.

i like(d) belrin also because its enormous squares and avenues give a monumental vision to itself; now it seems that constructors are lookin for all these free spaces to build, and build, and build... i repeat it's a sin...!!



i give u another example: i like a lot new hauptbanhof because it's built in a free area that gives significance to the bulding as itself.

Great bulidings need some space in front to be appreciate in a significant way: look for instance at the tour Eiffel with trocadero at west and Champs de Mars at east.

On the other hand, look at Mole Antonelliana in Turin: it's a super and original tower as itself, but it is choked by a lot of other buildings around so u can't appreciate it if u look it from the street.
ravanellidiciamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #117
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Occupied Europe
Posts: 23,660

I get what you're saying but the difference is that while the Eiffel Tower & Mole Antonelliana are beautiful buildings, Alexanderplatz is just a nasty assortment of Communist structures. If the buildings looked similar to the ones on Karl-Marx-Allee I would agree with you.
__________________
Free German passport

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 08:26 PM   #118
Darryl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 809
Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravanellidiciamo View Post
i like(d) belrin also because its enormous squares and avenues give a monumental vision to itself; now it seems that constructors are lookin for all these free spaces to build, and build, and build... i repeat it's a sin...!!

i give u another example: i like a lot new hauptbanhof because it's built in a free area that gives significance to the bulding as itself.

Great bulidings need some space in front to be appreciate in a significant way: look for instance at the tour Eiffel with trocadero at west and Champs de Mars at east.
You make some very good points. I am in agreement with you. Part of what I love about Berlin is also the monumental look/scale of it. The enormous spaces are what makes Berlin really cool. Sometimes density is not all it's cracked up to be.

I too loved the new Hauptbahnhof particularly due to it's enormous size and setting on the river and in a large open space where it really gets to shine and scream out "Look at me I am Hauptbahnhof hear me roar!". Why have all this visual distraction taking away from it's grandeur? It should stand alone. I really really hope that all these buildings planned to be built all around it don't take away from it's current visual "wow factor", but alas, I'm sure they probably will.

Shame. A huge, expensive, showcase building should be allowed to make it's own visual impact without being marred by all these other mediocre buildings blocking views of it.

Last edited by Darryl; October 16th, 2007 at 08:32 PM.
Darryl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #119
ravanellidiciamo
BANNED
 
ravanellidiciamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Turin Miraflowers
Posts: 2,340
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm View Post
I get what you're saying but the difference is that while the Eiffel Tower & Mole Antonelliana are beautiful buildings, Alexanderplatz is just a nasty assortment of Communist structures. If the buildings looked similar to the ones on Karl-Marx-Allee I would agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
You make some very good points. I am in agreement with you. Part of what I love about Berlin is also the monumental look/scale of it. The enormous spaces are what makes Berlin really cool. Sometimes density is not all it's cracked up to be.

I too loved the new Hauptbahnhof particularly due to it's enormous size and setting on the river and in a large open space where it really gets to shine and scream out "Look at me I am Hauptbahnhof hear me roar!". Why have all this visual distraction taking away from it's grandeur? It should stand alone. I really really hope that all these buildings planned to be built all around it don't take away from it's current visual "wow factor", but alas, I'm sure they probably will.

Shame. A huge, expensive, showcase building should be allowed to make it's own visual impact without being marred by all these other mediocre buildings blocking views of it.
Darryl, im 100% agree with u...!!!

Kampflamm, im not agree with u instead. I think northern alexanderplatz is an example of communist rationalism, and it's a pity to lose it for anonymous glass buildings.


The square itsellf was in monumental scale, closed by the skyscraper, the kaufhof, and the building with the "graffitis". Moreover this square is the history of berlin, of europe and of the world!!! Was built for the final exhibition of communist parades... don't u think that its a sin to mix it with some "speculative" buildings you can find nowadays everywhere in europe???

i think was a sin to destroy ostbanhof to build an umpteenth glass shopping mall, I think even it's a pity to destroy the former communist parliament next to the Berlin's Cathedral (also if I can uderstand Germans want to rebuilt the historical centre....)

I mean, the cold war it's history too and in my opinion we have to
preserve and protect it, mainly in Berlin that is itself a the synthesis of a century. Also the contrast of west vs east was an "architectural attraction", but it seems now all is mixed up to have an insipid mixture as u can find everywhere in the world

ciao
ravanellidiciamo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 12:36 AM   #120
dklicious.
Granny don't!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ze land of beer and blonde Mädchen.
Posts: 109
Likes (Received): 35

It sure is personal taste, but I can't quite agree with you.
I, for myself, think that communist structures convey a feeling of emptiness.
Plus they're ugly, matter of fact.

I think the Alexanderplatz needs to be redensificated and highrises need to get built.
Also, the commieblocks, which are eastward of Alexanderplatz, are extremely ugly.
I understand your points. It's important to save historical parts of the city,
but in my opinion communist/socialist buildings don't belong there.
Have you ever been looking at the commieblocks which are exactly near Alexanderplatz?
I can't believe you look upon them as buildings worth preserving.

Picture
dklicious. no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
alexanderplatz, berlin, capital city, construction, investment, stipson

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu