daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 13th, 2014, 08:39 PM   #281
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3599

It will not be grade seperated but it will have a seperate lane for the most part.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2014, 05:15 AM   #282
-PGG-
Industrial Rail User

Likes (Received): 27

TBM and locomotives for Cityringen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
The last two TBM´s called Eva and Minerva has arrived at Copenhagens Northern harbour a few days ago.
More of the special tunnel locomotives being supplied by Schöma will start to arrive in Copenhagen from Diepholz at the end of February. These newly-built locomotives will service these two newer TBMs setting off soon from the launch shaft near Otto Busses Vej.
Lot Syd - Ottobusses Vej :SELI/Kawasaki x 2 TBM-EPB #S1 "Minerva" 5,78 n od x 7 900 m, #S2 "Eva" 5,78 n OD x 7 900 m (_/14 ~ _/1x).
A couple more of some refurbished second-hand CHL200G locomotives - these had previously worked in the USA - will also arrive soon to complement the existing refurbished second-hand CHL200G units that had previously worked in Thessoloniki, Greece and which are now working out of Nørrebroparken.

Truly an international mix.

There is some information on these tunnel locomotives at this site:
http://smalspor.dk/forum/forum_posts...ID=169&PID=568
And hopefully some photographs will be available in due course...

bongo-anders liked this post
-PGG- está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #283
bongo-anders

Very interesting link, thank you for that.
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #284
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

Is there some kind of 'smart card' you can use on the Metro, S-Tog, busses in CPH?

I'm going to be visiting later in the year and I couldn't really see anything online. I found the Copenhagen Card but it's not really what I'm looking for.

I wouldn't mind picking one up when I arrive so I can just use it to get around. They make nice souvenirs too!
Old February 16th, 2014, 12:22 PM   #285
onetwothree

Likes (Received): 18

^ Yes Rejsekortet (Travel card) is the new smart card type system (with a top up and pay as you go option). It's been a long time coming and has had a very - to say the least - problematic history, but I think it's up and running fairly smoothly in and around Copenhagen now (though I don't have personal experience with it yet).
onetwothree no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2014, 12:05 AM   #286
bongo-anders

Nora has reached the next station at Nuuks Plads.

Tria is on its way to the first station at Nørrebros Runddel and will reach it later in the month.

Pictures from Metroselskabet.

geometarkv liked this post
Old April 1st, 2014, 10:35 PM   #287
bongo-anders

Its not a Aprils fool but the Carlsberg S-train station started construction today.

http://urbandanmark.dk/transport-inf...tion-er-i-gang

Tria has breaked through the station box at Nørrebros Runddel on the metro circle line.

http://m.dk/#!/om+metroen/nyheder/pr...+til+runddelen

Hochtief and Züblin is going to build the 2 kilometre that will branch out from the city circle line and up to Nordhavnen, the project includes a metro platform at Nordhavn Station.

The contract to build the last 300 meters of the line above ground and Orientkaj station will be awarded in the fall.

http://m.dk/#!/om+metroen/nyheder/pr...kridt+naermere

Last edited by bongo-anders; April 1st, 2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old April 6th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #288
bongo-anders

Kapo311 went to the open house today where Minerva and Eva was on Display before they start digging from the control center at Otto Busses vej to the central station (København H).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapo311 View Post
The 2 last TBMs, Minerva & Eva, on display at Nordhavn today, the place was very crowded

geometarkv liked this post
Old April 7th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #289
bongo-anders

More good news, the links are only in Danish but perhaps google translate can help.

First, Its seems that there is now a political will in the government to co-finance the division chamber that is needed to to build the Sydhavnsmetro.

Copenhagen municipality will pay 200 million DKK and the government also 200 DKK.

Its however not decided to build the Sydhavnsmetro just yet but it will be more difficult to make the division chamber after the city circle line has started operation.

The division chamber for the Nordhavnsmetro was also contracted before that line was decided to go under construction.

http://ing.dk/artikel/i-sidste-sekun...nsmetro-167553

The work on platform screen doors on the outdoor stations is started.

First they have to rebuild the platforms so they can carry the extra weight from the doors.

They have started the work on the M2 line to the airport.

First up is Kastrup and Femøren and it takes 20 days, the next are Amager Strand and Øresund here in April.

When they start on M1 between DR Byen and Vestamager and M1 and M2 between Vanløse and Lindevang is not announced.

http://m.dk/#!/om+metroen/rejseinfor...er/perrondoere

kapo311 liked this post
Old April 7th, 2014, 08:50 PM   #290
kapo311

Likes (Received): 1179

Quote:
First, Its seems that there is now a political will in the government to co-finance the division chamber that is needed to to build the Sydhavnsmetro.

Copenhagen municipality will pay 200 million DKK and the government also 200 DKK.
If its only the missing 200 DKK that is stopping this from happening, i think us forumers could pool together and help the government out
Old April 7th, 2014, 11:09 PM   #291
bongo-anders

I think I can spare 10 or 20.
Old April 8th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #292
SimiDK

Likes (Received): 2

I went to see the tunnel boring machine in Nordhavn as well. It was interesting to learn that with a speed of 1.25 meters per hour, the TBM is 7x slower than a fast snail.

natansalda, bongo-anders liked this post
SimiDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 12:18 AM   #293
bongo-anders

Here is a photo trip to the control and maintenance center of the City Circle Line.

http://my1287.dk/index.php?option=co...ter&Itemid=162

B37, Dooie_Amsterdammert liked this post
Old May 14th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #294
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Metro extension

Just now this came out on the Danish news services: "Regeringen og Københavns Kommune er ifølge DR blevet enige om at udvide metronettet i København for 8,6 mia. kroner." (Transl.: "The government and the Copenhagen Municipality have, according to national television, agreed to extend the metro network in Copenhagen at a cost of DKK 8.6 billion".)

It's the extension of the metro circle line to the Southern Port neighbourhood, including five new stations that has finally been agreed.
Old May 14th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #295
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26132

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans280 View Post
It's the extension of the metro circle line to the Southern Port neighbourhood, including five new stations that has finally been agreed.
M4 services, right?
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 08:41 PM   #296
bongo-anders

Yes that is correct.

The Sydhavnsmetro will cost 8,6 billion, including 30% budget reserve and the stations are v/Fisketorvet,
v/Frederiksholmsløbet, v/Slusen, v/Mozarts Plads og v/Ny Ellebjerg.

Frederiksholmsløbet will be build under water (hence the name) and will serve Enghave Brygge and the island Teglholmen.

The division chamber is going to get build in 2015 to 2017 and the metro in 2017 to 2023.

M3 and M4 for opens in 2018/19 and the first part of the nordhavnsmetro (northern terminus for M4) opens in 2019.

http://www.trm.dk/da/publikationer/2...sydhavnsmetro/

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old May 15th, 2014, 05:00 AM   #297
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5287

It must be nice to live in a city that is so progressive and going forward. I live in a city part of the time (Toronto) that is going backwards sadly even though it was once an urban trend leader We need Jan Gehl now!

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present

bongo-anders liked this post
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 11:17 AM   #298
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post
M4 services, right?
Yes, it's billed as "Line M4", though I must caution you that the Copenhagen metro company uses the line designation very liberally. Whenever a metro line is split between two end destinations they pretend that it's two different lines - even if perhaps there's just a few stations' difference. M3 designates the circular line that's currently under construction. M4 designates the two deviations into the norther and southern port quarters. However, on most of the route, M3 and M4 uses the same tracks.

dimlys1994 liked this post
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #299
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Yes that is correct.

The Sydhavnsmetro will cost 8,6 billion, including 30% budget reserve and the stations are v/Fisketorvet,
v/Frederiksholmsløbet, v/Slusen, v/Mozarts Plads og v/Ny Ellebjerg.

Frederiksholmsløbet will be build under water (hence the name) and will serve Enghave Brygge and the island Teglholmen.

The division chamber is going to get build in 2015 to 2017 and the metro in 2017 to 2023.

M3 and M4 for opens in 2018/19 and the first part of the nordhavnsmetro (northern terminus for M4) opens in 2019.

http://www.trm.dk/da/publikationer/2...sydhavnsmetro/
Nope. It is specifically stated in the political agreement that the 2 stations Frederiksholmløbet and Slusen will be built as ordinary subway stations and not under water. http://www.trm.dk/~/media/Files/Publ...havnsmetro.pdf - 4th paragraph.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 05:32 AM   #300
LtBk

Likes (Received): 3710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanista1 View Post
It must be nice to live in a city that is so progressive and going forward. I live in a city part of the time (Toronto) that is going backwards sadly even though it was once an urban trend leader We need Jan Gehl now!
People from Europe and elsewhere should be grateful that they have good mass transit, even if it has problems. Over 90% of North America cities aren't so lucky IMO.
LtBk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote