daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 19th, 2014, 07:08 PM   #321
kopavap

Likes (Received): 8

Metro to the ends of storkøbenhavn!.. Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
Sorry for spamming but I found a more detailed map of the Sydhavnsmetro showing the overground part near Ny Ellebjerg.

I think it is too bad that they don't let the last few hundered meters run underground as well, from Ny ellebjerg i still think an extension to Hvidovre Centrum would be a good idea, not that i have some special relation to Hvidovre, but i think that a wide covering metro network thoughout Copenhagen, shoud also incorporate Hvidovre centrum, which have no rapid transit connection. There are many other places that could also benefit from having a metro, but i think stopping it at Ny ellebjerg is cutting the story short.
Sorry for rambeling, they aren't doing anything wrong, sometimes i just would hope they would look at the bigger picture.
kopavap no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #322
hans280

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
But it has its advantages, a tourist going to visit The Blue Planet doesn't have to know if Kastrup station is located towards Vestamager or Lufthavnen, they know that M2 is the line they need to take.

Also I can't see why it shouldn't be considered as 2 lines and if they ever get to extend M1 to Brøndbyøster they would even have different destinations in both ends.
Well I might argue that people who don't speak fluent French and don't understand our public transport system have no business being here in Paris.

OK, seriously: I confess I hadn't thought of that. If there's an eventual prolongation of M1/M2 west of Vanloese, then there's a much stronger case for numbering the lines differently. Are there, however, such plans? I have seen some ultra-long term schenarios with metros to Glostrup and Herlev, but I'm not aware of any concrete plans.
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #323
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3594

Københavns Kommune revealed a long term plan for the metro network and there was a proposal to divert either M1 or M2 between Flintholm and Vanløse and end it at Brøndbyøster with at stop at Rødovre Centrum shopping mall on the way.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #324
kopavap

Quote:
Københavns Kommune revealed a long term plan for the metro network and there was a proposal to divert either M1 or M2 between Flintholm and Vanløse and end it at Brøndbyøster with at stop at Rødovre Centrum shopping mall on the way.
I would be highly interested in seeing that plan, but i could not find it, can you supply me with a link?
Old May 20th, 2014, 12:12 AM   #325
kopavap

Brøndbyøster vs Glostrup

Quote:
This i am also very happy about, Rødovre is like Hvidovre a place that need a central station placement. Not too happy about it going to brøndbyøster, and not Glostrup.

Argument 1:
Again why is an example of thinking ahead, Glostrup is planned to have the Ring 3 BRT/LRT/MRT connection, and with that the reopening of the Regional train stops. Having theese connections are vital to the mobility of the overall transit network.

Argument 2:
If we assume that at some point we want to extend the S-trains to extend to Roskilde, and then have two S-train lines going along the line, like on Nordbanen; with that alså a proper two train system (one fast with few stops, one slow with many stops), and while such a system has a lot of technical implications, then it is also important to have a set number of stations the fast train stop on, if they first stop on Glostrup, but then also have to stop on Brøndbyøster, then we will suddenly see a trend of a fast train system, because of uninintended decentralisation of transit centers. If we have Glostrup with both BRT/LRT/MRT, Regional trains, and a metro for alternative connections for copenhagen, then we can sit back and relax as the train can wait until something like Valby, and overall not stop to many places if we plan out the important transit centers ahead.

Argument 3:
New development could be done beetween Rødovre Centrum and Glostrup, so while a lot of the areas are unused in the area, that simply makes room for development, connected straight to the Metro.

Argument 4:
As far as i can see the entire portion between Rødovre centrum and Brøndbyøster has to run underground, while on to Glostrup from what i can see there shoud be enough room to have significant parts of it not underground. This is simply to say that i don't know if the extention will be that more expensive to Glostrup, but atleast it is worth noting.

Again this is just how i would argue for the extention of the Metro to Glostrup instead of brøndbyøster, i don't have any fancy reports to properly analyse it, i just think overall it is a more futureproof solution.
Old May 20th, 2014, 12:22 AM   #326
bongo-anders

I was trying to looking for but with no luck and I´m not even sure that it was Københavns Kommune that published it.
Old May 20th, 2014, 12:27 AM   #327
bongo-anders

Here it is but apparently its only Rødovre Centrum and not all the way to Brøndbyøster.

http://ing.dk/artikel/metro-milliard...dstaden-159221
Old May 20th, 2014, 01:53 AM   #328
bongo-anders

But the line does reach Vestbanen near Brøndbyøster so maybe ing.dk is just wrong.
Old May 20th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #329
hans280

Wow! We're really talking massive public subsidies here. I have followed the debate in Paris, and the metro company is unwilling to prolong lines into the suburbs unless there's a massive density of population in the targeted areas - on account it is a losing proposition. It took them more than a decade to decide prolonging line 4 to its new terminus in Montrouge (just south of Paris). Already in its first month the new station registered an average 36,000 travellers per day.

The metro stations outside Copenhagen (and, for that matter, inside Copenhagen) are mostly nowhere near that kind of passenger numbers. Hence a big chunk of the funding will have to come from other sources than the future passengers.
Old May 20th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #330
D K

Likes (Received): 2663

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans280 View Post
Wow! We're really talking massive public subsidies here. I have followed the debate in Paris, and the metro company is unwilling to prolong lines into the suburbs unless there's a massive density of population in the targeted areas - on account it is a losing proposition. It took them more than a decade to decide prolonging line 4 to its new terminus in Montrouge (just south of Paris). Already in its first month the new station registered an average 36,000 travellers per day.

The metro stations outside Copenhagen (and, for that matter, inside Copenhagen) are mostly nowhere near that kind of passenger numbers. Hence a big chunk of the funding will have to come from other sources than the future passengers.
Line 14 in Paris in currently being prolongated in its northern end.
D K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 05:04 PM   #331
hans280

Quote:
Originally Posted by D K View Post
Line 14 in Paris in currently being prolongated in its northern end.
Yes, but that takes place to relieve massive pressure in line 13, which is totally saturated (on the northern half of its trajectory) during rush hours. In other words, it is to address a known, demonstrated lack of capacity. In general the STIF (the Paris region's transport authority) doesn't make metro lines to develop certain neighbourhoods; they do it reactively when traffic problems have become just too severe.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 02:56 PM   #332
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
I was trying to looking for but with no luck and I´m not even sure that it was Københavns Kommune that published it.
Guess it is this one. It is the Ministry of Transport publishing it back in February 2012.

http://www.trm.dk/~/media/Files/Publ...EBigenigen.pdf
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #333
bongo-anders

Yes it is!!!!!!

Its on Page 27 and 28.

An estimated cost of 7,9 billion kroner (including 50% budget reserve), 4,9 kilometers of tunnels between Flintholm and Brøndbyøster and 4 stations in total

The location of 2 of the stations is a given, Brøndbyøster Station and Rødovre Centrum.

The 2 others is located in the area between Ålekistevej/Jydeholmen/Hyltebjerg Allé in the Vanløse area and the area around Nyholms Allé/Valhøjs Allé in the northern part of Brøndbyøster.

Last edited by bongo-anders; May 26th, 2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #334
flapane

Likes (Received): 2141

Hi there,
I'm trying to understand whether I can buy a 10 ticket klippekort (2 zones) and use, let's say, 6 of them in the city centre, and then use 2 or more tickets together to get to the airport, which is in zone 4.
In this way, I wouldn't waste the remaining 2 zones tickets, and wouldn't buy another single ticket for 3 zones to get to the airport.
Any hints?
Thanks in advance
Old May 27th, 2014, 10:34 PM   #335
kapo311

Likes (Received): 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapane View Post
Hi there,
I'm trying to understand whether I can buy a 10 ticket klippekort (2 zones) and use, let's say, 6 of them in the city centre, and then use 2 or more tickets together to get to the airport, which is in zone 4.
In this way, I wouldn't waste the remaining 2 zones tickets, and wouldn't buy another single ticket for 3 zones to get to the airport.
Any hints?
Thanks in advance
Yes you can, but 6+2=8, so you still have 2 left over, or did i misunderstood you?

flapane liked this post
kapo311 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #336
flapane

Thanks a lot for your answer!
Yes, I'll have 2 spare tickets. I guess I'll keep them as a souvenir, because if I'm not wrong they're being phased out.
Old May 28th, 2014, 12:52 AM   #337
bongo-anders

Yes I think its 1st of October that is the last day of the klippekort, after that is the Rejsekort (similar to Oyster Card) and single ticket that will be sold.

Also the 24 and 72 hour Citypass (valid in zone 1-4) and 24 hour transportation card (all zones) will be sold after that date.

flapane liked this post
Old June 1st, 2014, 02:05 AM   #338
flapane

I see why: I have to convalidate it every time, while I noticed that 99% of the residents either buy a single tkt on board, or use a contactless card. Maybe they want to remove those old validating machines.
Still, if they'll make it available via smartphone App in the future, it would be great...

Sent from my T-Mobile Vibrant using Tapatalk
Old June 1st, 2014, 08:27 PM   #339
bongo-anders

Yes the yellow validating machines will be removed.

But its already possible to buy tickets via an APP or by SMS (text message) as you suggested.

It is however not possible to buy your tickets onboard, you have to have a valid ticket/rejsekort when you board the train.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:15 AM   #340
flapane

Yes I know it's possible to buy them via App, but if klippekort are being phased out, I guess they'll remove the option to buy them (or maybe not, which would be good to hear).

Sent from my T-Mobile Vibrant using Tapatalk