daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 5th, 2014, 03:46 AM   #401
Dooie_Amsterdammert
Loving #dutch windwheel

Likes (Received): 118

Oke what the .... 5 new metrolines..
How fast are those going to be built?
Is Copenhagen going to grow to 2 million people in 20 years or is there another reason for this fast expansion?
Dooie_Amsterdammert no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2014, 09:30 AM   #402
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3599

Copenhagen has always been behind when it comes to metro/tram etc, before the metro opened there was only suburban S-trains with a single core line.

That's also why bicycling is popular.

I wonder if we will ever see a Malmö metro but the second harbour crossing will come at a point because the current one is nearing its capacity

The proposal I have seen for M6 or M7 only involves a line from the central station to Prags Boulevard with the possibility to extend it to the former industrial areas on North Amager and also Malmö.
bongo-anders está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2014, 09:41 AM   #403
bongo-anders

There is missing 2 other proposals.

Extending M1/M2 or both from Flintholm station to Rødovre and Brøndbyøster station.

Extending M4 towards Hvidovre Hospital from Ny Ellebjerg, even though Frederiksberg Municipal wants it to go in their direction instead.

Another proposal is a light rail from Nørrebro station along Frederiksundsvej (major road going west out of Copenhagen) and in the end reaching the light rail circle line.

Last edited by bongo-anders; October 5th, 2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old October 5th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #404
Dooie_Amsterdammert
Loving #dutch windwheel

Likes (Received): 118

Thank you bongo-anders,

Very nice of you to explain the situation and adding some extra information.

You're very helpful on this thread.

bongo-anders liked this post

Last edited by Dooie_Amsterdammert; October 5th, 2014 at 04:23 PM.
Dooie_Amsterdammert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #405
moveteam

Likes (Received): 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
There is missing 2 other proposals.

Extending M1/M2 or both from Flintholm station to Rødovre and Brøndbyøster station.

Extending M4 towards Hvidovre Hospital from Ny Ellebjerg, even though Frederiksberg Municipal wants it to go in their direction instead.

Another proposal is a light rail from Nørrebro station along Frederiksundsvej (major road going west out of Copenhagen) and in the end reaching the light rail circle line.
They're actually on the map, just represented as three dots.

As for the M6/M7 proposals - have seen different proposals.
What's the next step for the Malmō branch?
moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2014, 02:02 AM   #406
bongo-anders

Yes they are, funny that i didn´t notice this before

I don´t know what´s the progress with the Malmö metro is.
Old October 7th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #407
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooie_Amsterdammert View Post
Is Copenhagen going to grow to 2 million people in 20 years or is there another reason for this fast expansion?
If I have understood it correctly the new lines M6 and M7 are proposed in a master plan developed by the Copenhagen Municipal Authority? Given that a significant amount of the funding will have to come from the national government, we may assume that the final word has not been said about these plans. My guess would be that they "aim high" in order to get at least a line from Broenshoej via the Rigshospitalet (the university hospital) to the central station.
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #408
bongo-anders

I´m not totally sure about that because the new deal about the Sydhavnsmetro means that Copenhagen Municipal takes all the responsibility for building the Nord and Sydhavnsmetro.

The governtment has however handed over their share in the city developement company By & Havn to the Municipal.

I don´t know if this deal also affects new lines besides M4.
Old October 7th, 2014, 10:29 PM   #409
bongo-anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post
All looks the same, but really what's the difference between M1/M2 and M3/M4 line models?

This article in danish tells the difference between the new and old trains.

The largest differences are LED lighs and a top speed of 90 km/h instead of 80 km/h.

http://ing.dk/artikel/her-er-koebenh...etrotog-171394

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old October 9th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #410
bongo-anders

Minerva has reached Sønder Boulevard.

-PGG- liked this post
Old October 9th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #411
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooie_Amsterdammert View Post
Depending on what you statistically include in Copenhagen - yes or no.

The Danish government (Naturstyrelsen) has - based on functional criteria - defined 5 Danish cityregions/metropolitan regions - and based on this definition the Copenhagen Metropolitan Region is expected to grow from 1,97 mio. in 2014 to 2,3 mio. in 2040.

If you take the most narrow definition of Copenhagen (1,25 mio. in 2014 in the continuous build-up area) which does not include a number of suburbs, which for a number of local and political reasons refused to be included in in statistical definition of the continuously build-up area of Copenhagen, the poulation is expected to grow to allmost 1,6 mio. in 2040.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #412
bongo-anders

According to Danmarks Statistik there lives 1.246.611 in Copenhagen and its no political hocus pocus that makes that number.

The metro area is as you also say 1.950.430 and that number includes Køge, Roskilde, Hundested, Hillerød etc.

The number of citizens in a town or city is measured on build up areas so outlying towns and suburbs doesn´t count.

"This is a list of the largest cities. Statistics Denmark shall prepare an annual statement of the population of Denmark's cities. The statement is based on the urban definition, which requires a coherent area of at least 200 people and where the distance between the two houses not exceeding 200 meters. If a break in the settlement pattern due to the presence of major public facilities - parks, cemeteries, etc. - included settlements on both sides are on the same urban area. [1] Particularly in the Copenhagen area, settlements that were previously counted as independent, eventually grew into a larger total urban area"

http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danmarks_st%C3%B8rste_byer
Old October 9th, 2014, 04:13 PM   #413
Nikolaj

A number of suburbs that fulfills the 200 requirement was previously included in the statistically "continuous build-up area" of Copenhagen. That included at least Birkerød, Hørsholm and some of the southern suburbs. At that time - in 1998 - the population of the continuous build-up area was thus reduced from 1.379.000 to 1.069.000 (since that the population has increased to 1,25 mio.). According to newspaper stories back then, the change was partly becouse of political pressure of from Birkerød and Hørsholm, who did not wan't to be seen as a part of Greater Copenhagen. If you look at Google Earth or any other satellite map it is very difficult to se how the official definition applies to to the distinction to why Ishøj is included in Copenhagen but not Greve/Hundige, or Albertslund vs. Taastrup or where the 200 m zone between Hørsholm and Copenhagen is located.

http://www.statistikbanken.dk/statba...ult.asp?w=1920
Old October 9th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #414
bongo-anders

Well according to the wikipedia article then Greve Strand is included (Hundige, Mosede Strand, Greve Midtby and Karlslunde).

Greve Strand has 40.773 inhabitants so the aprox 8.000 others who also lives in Greve kommune isn´t included in Storkøbenhavn.

Birkerød is seperated by Rude Skov, Frederikslund Skov skov and farmlands

Rungsted/Hørsholm is clearly surrounded by forrest and farming fields

I can´t judge if the coastline between Vedbæk and Rundsted Marina is build up or not but Trørød Skov is definately in the way.
But I suspect that Danmarks statistik knows what they are doing
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #415
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8820

It's really great to see Denmark investing so much in the public transport in Copenhagen. I wish Stockholm was building its tunnelbana as fast as you guys are down there. You should start trolling Swedish politicians (especially Stockholmers) to see if you can start a tunnelbana war with us.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:52 PM   #416
bongo-anders

I think we have enough wars with Swedish politicians, but I must say that I envy your light rail development, ours haven't even started construction yet.
Old October 9th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #417
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8820

You have a heavy rail ring railway line. That beats our Tvärbanan in my opinion.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #418
bongo-anders

That is correct, but wierdly enough one tends to forget that its out there, perhaps its the reason why they want to rebrand it to M5.

On other news, the platform screen doors is installed at Femøren on M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayniX View Post
Update on construction of the doors for the open platforms on the existing M1 and M2 metro. The picture below is from Femøren. The line to the airport will be the first to complete, then the line to Vestamager and lastly the part from Lindevang to Vanløse:

Old October 10th, 2014, 12:23 AM   #419
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
It's really great to see Denmark investing so much in the public transport in Copenhagen. I wish Stockholm was building its tunnelbana as fast as you guys are down there. You should start trolling Swedish politicians (especially Stockholmers) to see if you can start a tunnelbana war with us.
The construction of a new branch will start in 2016 and the new trains will be delivered in 2017. Also, we already have a huge project being realised - Citybanan.
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #420
Nikolaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
Well according to the wikipedia article then Greve Strand is included (Hundige, Mosede Strand, Greve Midtby and Karlslunde).

Greve Strand has 40.773 inhabitants so the aprox 8.000 others who also lives in Greve kommune isn´t included in Storkøbenhavn.

Birkerød is seperated by Rude Skov, Frederikslund Skov skov and farmlands

Rungsted/Hørsholm is clearly surrounded by forrest and farming fields

I can´t judge if the coastline between Vedbæk and Rundsted Marina is build up or not but Trørød Skov is definately in the way.
But I suspect that Danmarks statistik knows what they are doing
You are right. Greve is included in Danmarks Statistiks calculation of the Capital Region. My mistake.