daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 11th, 2015, 11:02 PM   #481
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3599

Minerva is on the way up from the deep.

And there is also a video.

http://m.dk/#!/stations/byggepladser...+tbm+borehoved

Svartmetall, dimlys1994 liked this post
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2015, 12:12 AM   #482
bongo-anders

Nora has started her trip towards Enghave Plads.

But for some odd reason Minerva and Eva has reversed the drilling and is now behind København H, naaaah its just a small error on the map.

They have actually moved alot of the machine parts to Nørrebroparken and more transports are being planned for tonight and tomorrow night.

dimlys1994 liked this post

Last edited by bongo-anders; February 17th, 2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old February 17th, 2015, 06:16 PM   #483
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
But for some odd reason Minerva and Eva has reversed the drilling and is now behind København H, naaaah its just a small error on the map.

They have actually moved alot of the machine parts to Nørrebroparken and more transports are being planned for tonight and tomorrow night.
Maybe the drills are nuclear powered? If neutrinos are involved then, it appears, time can move backward.

Anders, do you know (I suppose this may have been discussed somewhere on this thread - in which case sorry!) why it was chosen to let Minerva and Eva run this quite short distance before picking them out of the underground and sending them to Nørrebroparken? It would have seemed more obvious to let them continue their run under the old city in a northerly direction. Maybe this is dictated by the speed with which they can ready the station rooms along the route?
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 10:38 PM   #484
korbendallas

Likes (Received): 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans280 View Post
Maybe the drills are nuclear powered? If neutrinos are involved then, it appears, time can move backward.

Anders, do you know (I suppose this may have been discussed somewhere on this thread - in which case sorry!) why it was chosen to let Minerva and Eva run this quite short distance before picking them out of the underground and sending them to Nørrebroparken? It would have seemed more obvious to let them continue their run under the old city in a northerly direction. Maybe this is dictated by the speed with which they can ready the station rooms along the route?
Yes, It is dictated quite heavily by when they can have the station rooms ready. With Minerva and Eva, one was about a month in front of the other leaving Sønder Boulevard, but emerged on the same day at København H, due to the station box not being ready.

They have probably also considered where the dirt comes out of the ground, and the tunnel elements go in. The dirt is transported to Nordhavn, and the tunnel elements can be delivered by ship to Nordhavn, this would mean less truck traffic through the city.
korbendallas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 12:19 AM   #485
bongo-anders

I have never thought about that, Nørrebroparken and Sortedamsø is of course closer to Nordhavn so maybe thats the reason.

Besides I can´t locate a decent location of a tunnel construction site in the southern part of the circle so perhaps this is also the reason.

The site at Nørrebroparken is actually like a huge factory with a portal crane for the tunnel elements and huge bassins to place the dirt from the nights drilling.
Old February 20th, 2015, 12:38 PM   #486
bongo-anders

AOK has been underground and taken some photos.

http://www.aok.dk/byliv/under-jorden...metrobyggeriet
Old February 20th, 2015, 08:17 PM   #487
bongo-anders

The Metro has revealed some photos of the transportation of Eva.

Both Minerva and Eva will start on their second leg sometime during the summer.

http://m.dk/#!/stations/byggepladser...+transporteres

Old February 22nd, 2015, 08:34 PM   #488
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
Both Minerva and Eva will start on their second leg sometime during the summer.
Many thanks for these very interesting photos, Anders.

So, Minerva and Eva will start on their second leg sometime "during the summer". Well... don't get me wrong: I don't want to single out the Copenhagen Metro company for criticism (things are similar across Western Europe and North America), but I can understand why our new-found competitors in East Asia are quietly smirking. In dictatorships like China, but also in democracies like Korea, the completion of a new metro line - from political decision to passenger service - rarely takes more than a few years. And people work day and night, including Sunday mornings and Christmas evenings. They definitely don't have "stand-by periods" of 5-6 months.

It also used to be different in Europe: here in Paris (where I live) the first metro line ("la ligne une") entered into passenger service in 1900 - 22 months after the French National Assembly had approved the project.
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 12:43 PM   #489
bongo-anders

I was wondering if it was because they can´t handle 4 drilling machines at a time at Nørrebroparken so perhaps they have to wait for Nora and Tria to be finished at Søndre Boulevard.

But I´m just guessing.

Btw they have corrected their mistake on the map.

Tria is located between Amicisvej og Nyvej on Frederiksberg and will reach Frederiksberg Allé in 2-3 weeks.

http://map.krak.dk/m/YNu6d

Last edited by bongo-anders; February 23rd, 2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 04:48 PM   #490
bongo-anders

The Sydhavnsmetro is coming closer and closer, the geological surveys are underway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never give up View Post
The possible site of the new Sluseholm metro station. The question is how much of Fordgraven will be filled up, or will it be under the planned island where the now closed Metro store is, to the right of the photo.

[IMG]http://i60.************/fymmg1.jpg[/IMG]

Geo boring at the site of Mozarts Plads station.
I have heard rumours that this station may be called Kongens Enghave, as the present Enghave station will soon be renamed Carlsberg.

[IMG]http://i61.************/w20x08.jpg[/IMG]

The first picture started a little debate, the second render of the station would have been located where the first picture is

Quote:
Yes, that was the original plan, but there were so many protests about filling the Fordgraven up, that the politicians and the Metroselskabet promised they would reconsider the position of the station. So, we can hope for the best.

This was one of the proposals put forward in the hearing, paired with the original proposal.

[IMG]http://i59.************/10ho8ra.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:54 AM   #491
bongo-anders

They have excavated the first of 7 floors at Marmorkirken station.

They are on a tight schedule because according to the schedule the 7 floors should be ready by spring 2016.

But the first TBM will also reach Marmorkirken in spring 2016 so its tight

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveteam View Post
First floor, six more to go!

Process at the Marble Church Station:

Deepest station (at 37m) on the line.

dimlys1994, Dooie_Amsterdammert liked this post
Old March 5th, 2015, 07:02 PM   #492
bongo-anders

Tracks has been laid on the outbound side of the platform on the new Carlsberg station.

Quote:
Lots of activity today at Carlsberg.
The bridge, the cycle route to the left and more facade elements.

[IMG]http://i61.************/2iqfk04.jpg[/IMG]

Tracks have now been laid for the new S train station and platform elements are in place.
Trains will be moved over to them at Easter, though the new station will not open until next year.

[IMG]http://i60.************/2chnivk.jpg[/IMG]

Tria can be expected at Frederiksberg Allé at any moment from now.

The press release said 2-3 weeks before arrival and tomorrow there has gone 2 weeks.

Last edited by bongo-anders; March 5th, 2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old March 5th, 2015, 10:51 PM   #493
bongo-anders

More platform screen doors has been installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayniX View Post
Door installation on the Metro stations over ground almost completed on the branches to the airport and Vestamager. Only Sundby and DR Byen stations left to go. Here is a picture from Ørestad station today:

Old March 10th, 2015, 03:24 PM   #494
bongo-anders

Tria has arrived at Frederiksberg Allé.

This means that all 3 stations on Frederiksberg has been drilled (Aksel Møllers Have, Frederiksberg and Frederiksberg Allé).

A total of 6 stations has been drilled out of 17 and Enghave Plads seems to be the 7th with Nora and Tria and Minerva and Eva will in the late summer make it number 8 when they reach Nørrebro.

Old March 11th, 2015, 12:48 AM   #495
bongo-anders

This it how it looks so far.

But the next 1/2 year or so will be a little bit more slow.

Right now its only Nora and Tria that are drilling because Minerva and Eva will first start up again from Nørrebroparken in the early summer.

But around that time both Nora and Tria has reached Søndre Boulevard and then its their time to be dismantled an moved to Sortedamssø where they will relaunch sometime during the late fall/start winter.

So in short, sometimes in the fall all 4 machines are at work again.

Last edited by bongo-anders; March 11th, 2015 at 01:14 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 10:24 PM   #496
bongo-anders

Ground Survey has started for the Sydhavn Metro.

I have posted the photos from closest to the circle line and out to Ny Ellebjerg.

Fisketorvet, the construction site at the top of the corner is the Pandora HQ

Frederiksholmløbet

Slusen

Mozarts Plads

Ny Ellebjerg, the basic solution is to put the platform east of the main tracks (at the warehouse to the left in the picture)
The more futureproof (aka extending the line) is tu tunneling under the railroad tracks and put the platform next to the S-train line F platform.

There will also be build platforms on the airport line (the one on the top)

The other platforms are...

On the bridge is the Køge Bugt line on the S-train network served by line A and E.

The short terminus/Cul de sac platform is the S-train ring line F

The long platform going under the bridge is for trains in and out of the central station, in 2018 it will almost exclusively be for the new Copenhagen-Køge-Ringsted high speed line.

A flyover will be build west of the station (right in this picture to lead the high speed line under the airport line.

Last edited by bongo-anders; March 22nd, 2015 at 10:34 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 11:36 PM   #497
bongo-anders

They are preparing to lay track on the tunnel between Otto Busses vej and Søndre Boulevard so they can testdrive the trains.

The testdrive will start this summer so soon we will see the first trains on the circle line.

According to the description on this photo they are preparing to connect the tunnel to the division chamber for the Sydhavnsmetro.

dimlys1994, moveteam, Swede liked this post
Old April 6th, 2015, 12:36 AM   #498
bongo-anders

The outbound track at the future Carlsberg station is done and ready for service tomorrow.

There is now room to make the platform that is ready tomorrow.

Quote:
The realigned tracks for the west bound S trains through the future Carlsberg station are now connected and will be opened for trafic on monday.
Construction has started on the Valby cycle route seen on the left.

[IMG]http://i60.************/6h2ljq.jpg[/IMG]

View from the other side showing the widened platform, following the new allignment, at Enghave station.

[IMG]http://i57.************/rhljbp.jpg[/IMG]
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:57 PM   #499
bongo-anders

This project between Ølby and Jersie is part of the Copenhagen-Ringsted high speed line where a interchange station at Køge Nord is build.

But since this work is on the S-train line I will place the photo´s here instead of the Denmark Railways thread.

Taking the back trail to Køge Nord station

The crane in the background is where they are building a tunnel for the commuter trains that will connect downtown Køge with the new high speed line.

dimlys1994, geometarkv, Swede liked this post
Old April 27th, 2015, 08:31 PM   #500
1993matias

Likes (Received): 34

What if you could re-design the bus network in and around Copenhagen? Well, I did wonder, and after a lot of work, thoughts and dilemmas, I present to you:

Copenhagen fantasy bus map 2015

I have taken care not to reduce bus service anywhere. Some places even got new lines! I also tried to make a more effective network, better routes and faster connexions. Red lines are frequent lines, yellow lines are 'standard' lines, blue lines are frequent express lines, and green lines are extra/rush hour services.
Now, I might be native to Copenhagen, but I am in no position to criticize my own work, and that's where I would like to ask you for your opinion: Are there any lines with silly routes? Are there any roads not suitable for buses? Are there any routes that would be useless? Are there any routes that would be used more than I expected? Did I make a satisfying route by your house?

I hope to receive some input so I can make the map even better. I have uploaded a list of routes together with their level of service and other notes here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The map itself is here:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...w.kdxtsVLL1V48
I have enabled editing to allow you to see each route highlighted (not possible without editing), but don't worry if you do something stupid, this is just a copy.

dimlys1994, Klausenburg, Peter999, Nexis liked this post
1993matias no está en línea   Reply With Quote