daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 9th, 2017, 10:27 AM   #841
korbendallas

Likes (Received): 180

Also M3 will have an interchange with M1 and M2 at frederiksberg. And M1 stops at Bella Center
korbendallas no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2017, 12:36 PM   #842
zidar fr

Likes (Received): 625

1993matias Thanks for noticing the mistakes, I have updated the map (just refresh your browser)

"There are also a few regional trains that go along the S-train tracks via Ny Ellebjerg and back to the trunk line between Danshøj and Hvidovre. This isn't shown in the Copenhagen S-train map though, for some reason..."

That would be an unpleasant surprise for someone wanting to alight at Valby indeed.
Nevertheless, Regional and commuter lines often have skip stop patterns so representing them in detail on a map is very difficult. Most often all stops are shown and it is then up to the user to check if their train serves them all or skips some. Paris RER is a good example with more than a dozen patterns per line + daytime/evening/weekend changes.

That's why I always use light pastel colors for suburban lines (and black dots for stations), to make a clear difference with metro lines where 1 track=1 line=all stops served. It also adds depth to the map with a first layer of information in bright colors (metro) and a second one in the background (commuter).

You really want to know whether a line is metro or commuter, as metro is very simple to use while commuter can be tricky and ambiguous with varying service patterns. Most people unfamiliar with a network will avoid commuter lines and stick to metro at first.

I agree though that with Copenhagen having only one/two metro lines this separation is less of an issue.

@korbendallas

"Also M3 will have an interchange with M1 and M2 at frederiksberg."

I plan to move Frederiksberg station to the left later, when line M3 is completed, for the moment I prefer to have evenly spaced stations on the metro from Flintholm to Forum

"And M1 stops at Bella Center"
My bad, the stop went missing, it's back now, thanks.

Last edited by zidar fr; August 9th, 2017 at 12:45 PM.
zidar fr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2017, 11:45 PM   #843
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3605

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidar fr View Post
Thanks for the information, I didn't know about these projects.

I have added the light rail line, fits the design pretty well

As for the high speed line, when it opens, I guess adding high speed icons at København H and Køge should be enough.

http://www.inat.fr/metro/copenhagen
The station in Køge is called Køge Nord and will be located between Ølby and Jersie.
And you can probably add a high speed icon at Ny Ellebjerg as well.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2017, 12:16 PM   #844
1993matias

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
[...]
Nevertheless, Regional and commuter lines often have skip stop patterns so representing them in detail on a map is very difficult. Most often all stops are shown and it is then up to the user to check if their train serves them all or skips some. Paris RER is a good example with more than a dozen patterns per line + daytime/evening/weekend changes.

That's why I always use light pastel colors for suburban lines (and black dots for stations), to make a clear difference with metro lines where 1 track=1 line=all stops served. It also adds depth to the map with a first layer of information in bright colors (metro) and a second one in the background (commuter).

You really want to know whether a line is metro or commuter, as metro is very simple to use while commuter can be tricky and ambiguous with varying service patterns. Most people unfamiliar with a network will avoid commuter lines and stick to metro at first.[...]
I agree with you insomuch that the commuter lines in cities like London or Paris are not simple and not what tourists would look at first. Such cities also have many more metro lines. Until a few years ago I would have told you that the commuter trains (S-trains) have exactly the same service pattern no matter what, no matter when. Well, thanks to cuts that's not true any more, but to me (a native Copenhagener) it still seems weird that they are given second priority.

In any case, I understand your decision. In the shadow of the recent service pattern inconsistencies due to service cuts, your reasoning is reasonable.
Old August 10th, 2017, 12:23 PM   #845
Danton05

Likes (Received): 143

Quote:
I have added the light rail line, fits the design pretty well
There's a fairly high chance the light rail line never happens. The economics of it isnt great. Politics is keeping it alive, but that could easily change.
Danton05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 06:35 PM   #846
bongo-anders

They are now laying tracks in both directions.

Old August 24th, 2017, 10:09 PM   #847
bongo-anders

Progress on Orientkaj station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapo311 View Post
Orientkaj station again, this time seen from the international school

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old August 31st, 2017, 09:40 AM   #848
bongo-anders

The Cross harbour section of the current metro line has reached critical mass and its so bad that people sometimes have to wait for the next train.

So the metroselskabet has started to look at the M6 line to relieve congestion.
M5 is reserved for a possible takeover of the S-train ring line called line F.

I assume that the first step is to add a 4th wagon to the existing fleet, there is room for it and the platform screen doors has been prepared for it and it will increase capacity with around 33%.

Swede liked this post
Old August 31st, 2017, 11:14 AM   #849
korbendallas

Likes (Received): 180

This smells of someone pushing an agenda to construct more metro. Not that there's anything wrong with more metro
korbendallas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2017, 09:14 PM   #850
bongo-anders

What I hope of a M6 is that is (for now) starts at Prags Boulevard/Vermlandsgade on the northeastern part of Amager, then if possible a stop near Amagerbro station, Then Bryggens Bastion development area and then a real stop at Islands Brygge (it should be criminal to call the current Island Brygge station that name).

Then a stop on the other side at Kalvebod Brygge where lots of hotels are and will be located in the near future,We already have the Marriott hotel and Cabinn City (and the Nykredit and SEB Bank headquarters).
Wake Up hotel opens with 585 rooms next year and Scandic Spectrum will open in 2021 with 632 rooms.

Next stop will of course be the central station around Bernstoffsgade.

Where it will go next it a good question, A route towards the Zoo and Rødovre Centrum could be a good idea as bus 6A follows that route today and is very popular.

Stops could then be Tycho Brahe Planetariet, Sankt Thomas Plads, corner of Vesterbrogade and Rahbeks Alle, Zoo, Dalgas Boulevard/Roskildevej, Ålholm station, Damhussøen and then Rødovre Centrum.

So who wants to fund a 11 kilometer underground metroline.

https://map.krak.dk/m/oAs9n
Old September 3rd, 2017, 08:44 PM   #851
bongo-anders

So the city council has suggested 2 potential routes to relieve congestion in the cross harbour section of the metro.

A 13,1 kilometer long line called M8 will go from Brønshøj Torv, Bispebjerg Hospital Rigshopitalet/Nørre Campus over Østerport station and Refshaleøen to Amager Strand where it will connect to the existing line M2 to the airport.
This line costs 23,3 billion kroner.

Or a 16,1 kilometer line called M6 will go from Brønshøj Torv via Bispebjerg Hospital, Rigshospitalet/Nørre Campus, Indre Nørrebro, Forum, Central station and across the harbour to Prags Boulevard and Refshaleøen.
This one is priced at 33,7 billion kroner.

https://byensejendom.dk/article/refs...lliarder-22365

Old September 10th, 2017, 11:03 PM   #852
bongo-anders

There was a public viewing at Kongens Nytorv today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonoDk View Post
Took the tour of Kongens Nytorv today

dimlys1994, Dichtefan liked this post
Old October 2nd, 2017, 01:13 PM   #853
Never give up

Likes (Received): 7544

Architectural renderings of three of the new underground stations on the South Harbour branch to the Metro ring.
Havneholm (Fisketorvet), Enghave Brygge and the terminus, Nye Ellebjerg respectively.
Due to open in 2023.

Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 08:03 PM   #854
Never give up

Likes (Received): 7544

The latest aerials of the Ring metro building sites nearing completion (less than 2 years to opening)

http://www.m.dk/#!/stations/byggepla...byggepladserne

An appetizer: Gl. Strand in the old center of Copenhagen. Parliament buildings on the right and the main shopping area on the left. The canal will be restored.
A very central situation.

arctic_carlos, dimlys1994, Dichtefan liked this post

Last edited by Never give up; October 18th, 2017 at 08:10 PM.
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 05:39 PM   #855
sthlm99

Likes (Received): 0

Has there been any more developments on whether the metro will ever be expanded to malmö?

All I can find on google is that there was feasibility studies done years ago but not sure if the idea was scrapped or whether it is into further phases.
sthlm99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 06:22 PM   #856
Amexpat

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthlm99 View Post
Has there been any more developments on whether the metro will ever be expanded to malmö?
I think they would have to make another bridge or tunnel across the Oresund as the current rail connection over the Sound is close to capacity and I don't think the Copenhagen driverless metro would be compatible with regular rail. Also, there's currently frequent commuter rail service between CPH and Malmø, so I'm not sure that an expensive Metro connection would be needed as well.

I think the next rail/road crossing will most likely be from Elsingør to Helsingborg. That's the narrowest point and when the new Femern connection is open there will be an increased need for freight capacity to go from continental Europe into Norway and Sweden through Denmark. I'm not sure if the current rail/road bridge would be able to handle that.
Amexpat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #857
dysharmonica

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:

All I can find on google is that there was feasibility studies done years ago but not sure if the idea was scrapped or whether it is into further phases.
It's planned. Both cities want it neither state's government wants to pay for it. So it is in the long term plans for now - and CPH other plans (e.g. M6) are being pursued with the line to Malmo (Oresundmetro - M7) eventually happening.

(M5 in planning documents seems to be the S-tog circular line converted to metro, but it is not quite clear whether that will happen, or whether thy will just automate S-tog as S-tog trains have way higher capacity.)
dysharmonica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 11:06 AM   #858
Amexpat

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysharmonica View Post
It's planned. Both cities want it neither state's government wants to pay for it. So it is in the long term plans for now - and CPH other plans (e.g. M6) are being pursued with the line to Malmo (Oresundmetro - M7) eventually happening.
Were they planning to use the same tracks as the current rail tracks over the bridge, or build something new?
Amexpat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 02:12 PM   #859
sthlm99

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amexpat View Post
Were they planning to use the same tracks as the current rail tracks over the bridge, or build something new?
As i understand it the current rail bridge will reach capacity before the end of the decade so they'll need to build either a new bridge or a tunnel
sthlm99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 01:47 PM   #860
Nikolaj

Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
As i understand it the current rail bridge will reach capacity before the end of the decade so they'll need to build either a new bridge or a tunnel
It is not the bridge itself that is the determining capacity restraint, but (on the Danish side) capacity in and around the Copenhagen Airport station.
Nikolaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote