daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 29th, 2008, 07:00 AM   #201
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rijeka View Post
I don't know, someone who knows should explain us! But the EU justice commissioner, Jacques Barrot, said yesterday that Switzerland will have to leave Schengen in case they vote in the referendum against the freedom of movement of workers from RO and BG. So I really don't get it, why should they allow it, and not, say, Austria, Germany or the Netherlands?
But I'm really looking forward to CH entering the Schengen area!
That would be so UN-Strumatic if they blocked BG and RO. Come on, you guys want to look at Eastern Europe the same way some view Mexico over here?

Not everyone over there is a Radi clone.(but if they are, then so be it)
But what is Strumatic, we have to define what Strumatic is, a word that refers to the experience of driving/travelling on a superior motorway called Struma motorway or to the ultimative psychedelic road experience only possible on brand new roads and most effective when there´s snow outside so that the shiny crashbarriers shine even more and reflect the snow and the asphalt looks even better. I must think of it´s best definition first. -Radi Click
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2008, 07:07 AM   #202
Bahnsteig4

Likes (Received): 93

In the words of radi, the Great Master, it would be another example for "the ******* whoresons of EU"!

Austrian Forum - Support our Skybar!

Yes, for ****'s sake, all pictures I post were TAKEN BY ME
Bahnsteig4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #203
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Yeah, I wonder how long we can keep this 'ban' for RO and BG workers. We've had most of the Poles now and there were some problems, but we can cope with that IMO.
Old November 29th, 2008, 07:52 PM   #204
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

Likes (Received): 753

Timon, everybody from BG and RO who wanted to work abroad already did it, so you shouldn't expect waves of workers if they drop the limitations. I remember the journalists on one of London's airports on the 2-3 of January 2007, waiting for waves of workers and ultimately all they got were Chinese tourists.
Old November 29th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #205
Timon91
Error

Our politicians unfortunately don't think so. We had lots of Poles coming here in a short lapse of time, and there were some problems with housing and the conditions that some of them were living in. But because they are seasonal workers, those problems don't stay long. I look at it this way: they come here, work hard for a low wage (but high for their standards), which is good for them and for us. They give the Dutch some cheap labor, which is good for our economy, and after a while, when they've earned some money, they go back to Poland and spend it over there, supporting their economy. Looks quite much like a win-win situation IMO. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old November 29th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #206
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

They are leaving now in the face of the recession anyway.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #207
paF4uko
Blow the Horn!

Likes (Received): 753

No, you're absolutely right, but there are other people who are afraid of losing their jobs if someone comes in the country and work for less money which is understandable, but there's no such threat already - as I said, those who could do it, did it.
Old November 29th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #208
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by paF4uko View Post
Timon, everybody from BG and RO who wanted to work abroad already did it, so you shouldn't expect waves of workers if they drop the limitations. I remember the journalists on one of London's airports on the 2-3 of January 2007, waiting for waves of workers and ultimately all they got were Chinese tourists.
u are right, all romanians that wanted to work abroad left romania some time ago, now we have 2-2.5 milion people working in spain and italy.already i think there are more coming back from these countries, as wages and need for work are continously increasing in romania, than the ones leaving romania in search for better jobs in other countries.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #209
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
i think romania will absorb some of its people that are working now in west europe because we are not severely hit by crisis(government presume a 3 to 6% economical increase for 2009).already in spain there are 100000 romanians jobless, and many of them will for sure return home.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 08:33 PM   #210
AUchamps

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Just like Mexicans are over here. I will say, Poles and Mexicans are the hardest working mass immigrants to come to Western Europe and the USA, respectively.
But what is Strumatic, we have to define what Strumatic is, a word that refers to the experience of driving/travelling on a superior motorway called Struma motorway or to the ultimative psychedelic road experience only possible on brand new roads and most effective when there´s snow outside so that the shiny crashbarriers shine even more and reflect the snow and the asphalt looks even better. I must think of it´s best definition first. -Radi Click
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #211
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Of course. There has been taken a very big effort according to equipments and so on. Hungary has 1000s of kms to deffend as a bastion to Schengen.
SeanT está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #212
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
Hungary has 1000s of kms to deffend as a bastion to Schengen.
Thousands? Exactly 1,041 km, so barely over one thousand.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #213
SeanT
DK/H

Quote:
OKAY, then hundreds..... Now you sleep well at night..........
Old November 30th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #214
SeanT
DK/H

Quote:
Belive me, more then enough!!!!!!
Old November 30th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #215
Timon91
Error

Yeah. 1041 kms is a lot to defend. Luckily with Schengen they only have the border with Croatia, Serbia, Romania and Ukraine left to defend

Also more than enough, I'd say.
Old November 30th, 2008, 10:22 PM   #216
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
Yeah. 1041 kms is a lot to defend. Luckily with Schengen they only have the border with Croatia, Serbia, Romania and Ukraine left to defend

Also more than enough, I'd say.
"Defend"? Maybe Check...or monitor...but defend...
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2008, 10:34 PM   #217
Timon91
Error

The outer EU border is quite heavily defended. But this counts especially for the Ukrainian, Russian and Belarussian borders of course. Hungary only borders to Ukraine. Croatia and Serbia might be less though....
Old November 30th, 2008, 10:57 PM   #218
RawLee

Quote:
The outer EU border is quite heavily defended. But this counts especially for the Ukrainian, Russian and Belarussian borders of course. Hungary only borders to Ukraine. Croatia and Serbia might be less though....
No,I can assure you. My gf's brother is an officer working on the ukrainen border...apart from the regular infrared-camera van and such,there are no armoured divisions stationed there...
Old November 30th, 2008, 11:01 PM   #219
Timon91
Error

Ok, then I'll believe you, but there was a newspaper about a year ago (when Schengen was extended) telling about a fortified Slovakian-Ukrainian border, so I based my thoughts on that article.
Old November 30th, 2008, 11:10 PM   #220
RawLee

Quote:
Ok, then I'll believe you, but there was a newspaper about a year ago (when Schengen was extended) telling about a fortified Slovakian-Ukrainian border, so I based my thoughts on that article.
Dont believe me. Believe what you see and read!