daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 26th, 2007, 04:33 PM   #41
Stifler
That's what she said

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eomer View Post
Bulgaria is not so far from Euro and Shengen...
There are "only" little troubles with corruption to solve but Bulgaria made lot of efforts during the 3 last years.
And inflation. Nobody can join the Eurozone with an inflation over 10%.

Their expected date to join in 2010 but I think 2012 is more realistic.

Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #42
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by eomer View Post
during the 3 last years.
Bulgaria joined this year,if you're talking about that...
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #43
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
And inflation. Nobody can join the Eurozone with an inflation over 10%.

Their expected date to join in 2010 but I think 2012 is more realistic.
Inflation has to be under 4% so I don't think Euro will come to Bulgaria for 2012. For Estonia it was planned to join the Euro zone in 2007, but at the moment anything before 2013 will be great.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #44
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Inflation isn't necessary bad, because in Eastern European countries, prices increase, but also the income. But a low inflation is a good sign for a decent economy.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #45
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2537

Beat this - Slovakia 2006: Core inflation 2.7%, GDP growth 8.3%.

Source: http://ekonomika.etrend.sk/14495/slo...ickych-cislach

However, ECB will certainly find something to keep us out of Eurozone.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 10:13 PM   #46
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
Beat this - Slovakia 2006: Core inflation 2.7%, GDP growth 8.3%.
That's good. And you are already in ERM II. Now compare to Slovenia after almost one year of euro: cca 5% growth, but cca 5% inflation (actually prices went much more nuts, but statistics don't show that)
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #47
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2537

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
That's good. And you are already in ERM II. Now compare to Slovenia after almost one year of euro: cca 5% growth, but cca 5% inflation (actually prices went much more nuts, but statistics don't show that)
I think the same or even worse could expect Slovakia after possible joining of Eurozone.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #48
Club_Dru
World citizen

Likes (Received): 0

I hope te new E.U. members increase their economie in a few years and join the Euro. And if they create a strong national economy, the 100.000 east-Europeans in Holland can go back to work in their own countries again. The open borders causes a lot of problems with migrants from the new EU-members. That's why the majority of Dutch voters, voted 'no' against Europe.
Not every migrants causes problems, but most of the Dutch are afraid to lose their jobs. So in my opinion they must close the borders again.
Club_Dru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:07 AM   #49
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

That's what they tell you on TV. They take jobs Dutch people think themselves they are too good for it.

And did you really think those Poles with a low income would live in an upscale neighborhood? Ofcourse not. This is all something we could have known.

Well, i think, with the increase of economy and income in Poland, i think they will return to Poland soon, because they are being exploited here, with wages under the official minimum income. I think they are better off in Poland within a few years.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:08 AM   #50
mojaBL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsimons View Post
I hope te new E.U. members increase their economie in a few years and join the Euro. And if they create a strong national economy, the 100.000 east-Europeans in Holland can go back to work in their own countries again. The open borders causes a lot of problems with migrants from the new EU-members. That's why the majority of Dutch voters, voted 'no' against Europe.
Not every migrants causes problems, but most of the Dutch are afraid to lose their jobs. So in my opinion they must close the borders again.
if there were no immigrants and cheap labor from east, Holland wouldnīt be that successful and rich. So praise them every day!
mojaBL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:39 PM   #51
igorlan
אני חושב, משמע אני קיים

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaBL View Post
if there were no immigrants and cheap labor from east, Holland wouldnīt be that successful and rich. So praise them every day!
Great reasoning
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #52
AUchamps

Quote:
Sounds like Eastern European labor is to Western Europe as Mexican labor is to the USA.

Only difference is, your labor isn't illegally in your nations(but the wages they're getting are below the minimum wages mandated by law)
AUchamps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #53
Jonesy55
Mooderator

Likes (Received): 20325

Only a few people employed by unscrupulous employers get less than the legal minimum, most East Europeans here in the UK at least get at the national minimum wage or more. The fact that they are legal makes it more likely that they will complain to the authorities if they are being mistreated.
Jonesy55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #54
mojaBL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy55 View Post
Only a few people employed by unscrupulous employers get less than the legal minimum, most East Europeans here in the UK at least get at the national minimum wage or more. The fact that they are legal makes it more likely that they will complain to the authorities if they are being mistreated.
i donīt think so coz they are affraid to do that. And authorities will surely protect the dutchs over some foreigners, meaning they will surely stay blind and deaf.
mojaBL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #55
bgplayer19

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
Inflation has to be under 4% so I don't think Euro will come to Bulgaria for 2012. For Estonia it was planned to join the Euro zone in 2007, but at the moment anything before 2013 will be great.
At the moment our inflation is 4.6% and if you check the timetable in Wikipedia you will see that we have filled every criteria except one thing which i can't remember right now!Also we are researching our EURO coin and soon it will be announced!The date of adopting the EURO is 2009 along with Estonia,Latvia and Lithuania i think
bgplayer19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 01:50 AM   #56
Stifler
That's what she said

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgplayer19 View Post
At the moment our inflation is 4.6% and if you check the timetable in Wikipedia you will see that we have filled every criteria except one thing which i can't remember right now!
Where have you seen that data? Bulgaria's inflation in October was 10.6% (link). The other statement is right. You have a low debt and deficit so it won't be a problem to join the Eurozone. You just need to keep your inflation below 4%, something not easy in a booming economy.
Old November 28th, 2007, 02:18 AM   #57
ADCS
Kickin' it

Likes (Received): 37

One thing you have to take into account is that most W. European cars have to be checked at the Bulgarian border to make sure that the headlights don't put out too much light. The extreme shininess of the Struma's crashbarriers would otherwise cause innumerable accidents.
ADCS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 04:10 PM   #58
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 898

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADCS View Post
One thing you have to take into account is that most W. European cars have to be checked at the Bulgarian border to make sure that the headlights don't put out too much light. The extreme shininess of the Struma's crashbarriers would otherwise cause innumerable accidents.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:55 PM   #59
Slartibartfas

Likes (Received): 5972

Quote:
i donīt think so coz they are affraid to do that. And authorities will surely protect the dutchs over some foreigners, meaning they will surely stay blind and deaf.
If thats done systematically and they get once to the wrong one, that will end up at the European court of Justice due to discrimination.

Just a question of time.
Old November 29th, 2007, 12:07 AM   #60
Maxx☢Power
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUchamps View Post
Sounds like Eastern European labor is to Western Europe as Mexican labor is to the USA.

Only difference is, your labor isn't illegally in your nations(but the wages they're getting are below the minimum wages mandated by law)
Not at all the same thing.

Hm, am I having a deja vu?
Maxx☢Power no está en línea   Reply With Quote