daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > New York City > New York City > The World Trade Center

The World Trade Center Discussions about the World Trade Center, the original, 9/11 and new redevelopment.

Old November 6th, 2007, 04:59 AM   #41
Daquan13
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradRousse View Post
I have since as well. So, it's probably time we "left him alone."

Yeah, I think so too. His ridiculous and annoying rants for the Twins to be built have really gotten out of hand and knows no bounds!!

When it's all said and done, and all of the NWTC is built, he's gonna want it all torn down for the Twins to be rebuilt!!

I think that maybe if no one talked to him, then maybe, just maybe, he might stop this follishness and just give up.

Last edited by Daquan13; November 7th, 2007 at 01:40 AM.
Daquan13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 7th, 2007, 01:56 AM   #42
noob(but not really)
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

I agree with him - that the Twin Towers should be rebuilt.
noob(but not really) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:07 AM   #43
TalB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 37

Calling it 1 WTC is like saying that it was a good thing that the Twins were destroyed, especially by those who never like them from the start.
TalB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 06:31 AM   #44
Daquan13
BANNED

They were great in their days, but now it's time to move on. Which is what the ones who are in favor of the new plan are trying to do.
Old November 7th, 2007, 06:33 AM   #45
Daquan13
BANNED

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob(but not really) View Post
I agree with him - that the Twin Towers should be rebuilt.

Oh please, Jeez, another Twins rantor! Just what we needed. I'm sick of hearing this in every Freedom Tower thread!

Why do you guys do this in every Freedom Tower thread? Rant on about wanting those two precious buildings of yours back in their appropriate threads - not here, please. Please do NOT come over here with this foolishness!!

Let him know that in the Twin Towers Advocacy Thread. This one is for the Freedom Tower only, not for ranting on about wanting those two buildings back!

TalB, see how you are? You don't want us to bash the Twins in that other thread,BUT IT'S FRIGGEN OK FOR YOU TO COME OVER HERE AND BASH THE FREEDOM TOWER IN THIS THREAD HERE. LIKE I ONCE SAID, IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU AND WHAT YOU WANT, nothing else matters. For Pete's sake, stop acting so childish. Take that nonsense to YOUR thread, please.

Last edited by Daquan13; December 6th, 2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #46
noob(but not really)
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB View Post
Calling it 1 WTC is like saying that it was a good thing that the Twins were destroyed, especially by those who never like them from the start.
Yeah, it does look that way. Even if all we're getting are these inferior buildings, the least they could do is call it something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post
Oh please, Jeez, another Twins rantor! Just what we needed. I'm sick of hearing this in every thread!

Why do you guys do this in every thread? Rant on about wanting those two precious buildings of yours back in their appropriate threads - not here, please. Please do NOT come over here with this foolishness!!

Let him know that in the Twin Towers Advacacy Thread. This one is for the Freedom Tower only, not for ranting on about wanting those two buildings back!
I was just giving him backup, letting him know he is not alone.

All I ever see is you ppl bashing the Twin Towers in the advocacy thread.
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #47
Daquan13
BANNED

Angry

Quote:
Yeah, it does look that way. Even if all we're getting are these inferior buildings, the least they could do is call it something else.

I was just giving him backup, letting him know he is not alone.

All I ever see is you ppl bashing the Twin Towers in the advocacy thread.

So then it's right for you guys to come over here and trash this thread with your ridiculous rants for the Twins to be rebuilt?

I've since realised that that thread is for people who want the former towers back, and in so doing, please take this trash over to THAT thread where you and the rest of the little boys and girls can have their say as much as they want, whining for and wanting those two mediocre slabs from the early '70s back. Haha!!

Because guess what? You'll see stars in the sky before you see those towers come back

It's not fair to spoil this thread with your rants for those two buildings when you already have a thread to complain as much as you want. End of story.

Last edited by Daquan13; November 8th, 2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #48
noob(but not really)
BANNED

Who cares what year they are from? There is good architecture from all eras.

Oh, and last time I checked, this subforum is for "discussions about the rebuilding of the new WTC". That would include criticism.

As for spoiling the thread, that may be the case, but you're doing that as well by complaining about it. And it's nothing compared to what would happen to the skyline if the new towers were built.
Old November 8th, 2007, 01:20 AM   #49
Daquan13
BANNED

The bottom line is, you should NOT use this thread to whine about wanting the former towers back, when there already IS a thread posted for that.

Keep that stuff over there. This is NOT a rant-for-the-Twin-Towers thread.

Last edited by Daquan13; December 6th, 2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:55 AM   #50
noob(but not really)
BANNED

When the thread title has "1 WTC" in it, you can expect ppl to bring up the Twin Towers.
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #51
Daquan13
BANNED

Let' cut through the jibber-jabber. You know perfectly well that that title is the topic in this thread for the Freedom Tower.

Threads are made for certains projects and subjects.

Those two buildings already HAVE a thread for all who want to gripe, complain, piss and moan, rant and rave and bitch about ppl's desires to want to see them rebuilt.

I'm pretty sure that you've heard the phrase what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
Well, what happens with, or what's said about the former WTC, it should stay in those threads posted for it.

Last edited by Daquan13; November 8th, 2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:55 AM   #52
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB View Post
this makes no sense. they are naming it 1WTC because it will be the flagship building of the new WTC complex.
jmancuso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 07:08 AM   #53
Daquan13
BANNED

Thank you, JM!!

He's been very notorious for saying things that don't make sense, especially when it comes to what HE wants.
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #54
noob(but not really)
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post
Let' cut through the jibber-jabber.

Threads are made for certains projects and subjects.

Those two buildings already HAVE a thread for all who want to gripe, complain, piss and moan, rant and rave and bitch about ppl's desires to want to see them rebuilt.

I'm pretty sure that you've heard the phrase what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
Well, what happens with, or what's said about the former WTC, it should stay in those threads posted for it.
This isn't the FT thread, it's a news thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmancuso View Post
this makes no sense. they are naming it 1WTC because it will be the flagship building of the new WTC complex.
That name belongs to the old tower. The least they could do is give it another name. This is a slap in the face.
Old November 8th, 2007, 07:52 PM   #55
Daquan13
BANNED

Yeah, a news thread about the Freedom Tower. You also, are not making any sense.

1. In my book, any thread that starts with the words Freedom Tower, it DEFINITELY IS a Freedom Tower thread.

2. Where is it written that the 1 WTC name, or even the 2 WTC name for that matter, was meant only for the former towers? Show me the so-called proof.

3. Hello! Where have you been, on a desert island? Or didn't you know that all of the planned towers for Ground Zero will be given the same tiltes that the old WTC complex had? 7 WTC still has the same name.

Stop looking for excuses to want to rant for the former towers in this thread. You have no argument, no rebutal, no nothing!

Last edited by Daquan13; November 8th, 2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old November 9th, 2007, 03:11 AM   #56
TalB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmancuso View Post
I take it when the stadium opens for the Yankees, it should be called Yankee Stadium even though it looks nothing like it. I am just glad that the new stadium for the Mets isn't going to be called Shea Stadium, b/c everyone knows what it looks like. Of course I think that MSG III and IV should have been given new names b/c they were nowhere near Madison Sq like MSG I and II were. My point is that it just feels so wrong to give the name 1 WTC to a totally new complex that bears practically no resemblence. It would seem wierd if the Residence of the Ritz Carlton was named 1 Meridian Plaza, which is being built where that old office building in Philly burnned down about a decade ago. If anything this new complex should either be named after the elitists who picked it especially after George Pataki for messing around for it. On a sidenote, the FT will not have my name on b/c I was never for it to begin with.
TalB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 03:57 AM   #57
Daquan13
BANNED

Again, you're not making any sense.

Oh. As the little boy (Bob'be J. Thompson) on That's So Raven says; Why don't you make that cheese sandwich in the shape of a teardrop?

Who gives a crap as to whether the other buildings in New York have different names or not?

And also, who gives a crap if the Freedom Tower has or doesn't have your name on it? It's doing just fine with or without you. Because with or without you, the tower is STILL moving forward.

I've never in my life seen anyone with so much hatred for a few buildings that are replacing what was there before. Live with it. Get over it. Deal with it. It's happening.

Last edited by Daquan13; December 6th, 2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old November 9th, 2007, 06:59 AM   #58
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
That name belongs to the old tower. The least they could do is give it another name. This is a slap in the face.
they are rebuilding the world trade center complex so what else are they supposed to call them? i for one, am happy to see the "world trade center" name live on.
jmancuso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:41 AM   #59
Daquan13
BANNED

And the new towers with the same WTC numbers.
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #60
noob(but not really)
BANNED

I think the new Yankee stadium should be called that, because it tries to look like it - even more so than the renovated "old" one. So that is a not an issue.

However, naming this "1 WTC" implies that they really didn't care for the former bldgs. The least they could do is just call the bldgs by name and not assign any numbers.