daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 31st, 2008, 02:57 AM   #121
KoolKeatz
█████████

Likes (Received): 102

I like the base but the tower itself is really boring.
KoolKeatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2008, 03:19 AM   #122
OMH

Likes (Received): 14

I'm not too sure about the design of this tower..IMO it looks very 70's, almost like International-style...it reminds me of the box towers built in the US in the 70's and i'm not sure if Frankfurt really needs those..the facade IMO should be more like the Skyper facade, or of the new ECB skytower, meaning a blue-glass facade instead of the current one . But still its good that Frankfurt is building more skyscrapers again and i'm confident that more are to come, including the Millenium Tower and Skyline plaza 1
OMH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 01:20 PM   #123
GNU
Gnuru

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMH View Post
I'm not too sure about the design of this tower..IMO it looks very 70's, almost like International-style...
Thats what I thought aswell, but thats actually the thing that I like about the tower.
GNU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 01:31 PM   #124
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

We don't need another glass facade in Frankfurt. Those are really dull.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 04:33 PM   #125
TohrAlkimista

Likes (Received): 886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_FFM View Post
They can be downloaded from Vivico's website, where you find many more pictures!
The pic just above your post is an animation that I made...
Cool! Thank you!

The biggest ones posted by Kampflamm are dramatically realistic!

BTW, honestly I find the cladding a bit boring.

I agree about the abse of glass facades, but there are a lot of ways to mix up glass & metal elements.
TohrAlkimista no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:13 PM   #126
HD
같같같같같같

Likes (Received): 906

from the developer:

Frankfurt, May 30, 2008. Vivico is responsible for one of Frankfurt's new multi-storey office blocks - Tower 185 - in the Europaviertel. The auditing company PricewaterhouseCoopers AG (PwC) is letting around 60,000 sqm in Tower 185 for its new Frankfurt headquarters. A contract has already been signed.

Tower 185, which is to be located on the street Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage, includes a total of 116,000 sqm (around 1,250,000 square feet) of gross floor space. By renting out part of Tower 185 to PwC, Vivico has concluded the largest contract in the Frankfurt office market in recent years.

At a press conference at which both Vivico and PwC were represented, Edwin Schwarz, head of the planning department, emphasized its significance for the city: "The Europaviertel is one of the largest urban development projects in the whole of Germany and the most important development area in Frankfurt. That's why I'm particularly pleased that, with Tower 185, an additional project will be carried out at the entrance to Europaviertel between Messe (trade fair venue) and Bankenviertel (financial district). This project is a significant step in the development of the new city district. I would like to thank both the investor Vivico and the tenant PwC for their faith in Frankfurt as a skyscraper location.

Hans Wagener, spokesman for the Board of Directors of PWC, about the move of the company's headquarters: "Due to our continuous growth, the number of people we employ in Frankfurt has increased to over 2,600, meaning that we had to rent three buildings in Mertonviertel. We will be able to reunite our Frankfurt team under one roof on Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage. Its proximity to the main railway station and its convenient transport links is an important plus factor for many of our employees. Overall, the move is a clear sign of our faith in Frankfurt as a business location."

Bernhard H. Hansen, CEO of Vivico, explained that the dynamic development of the entire Europaviertel will be continued: "We are already able to speak of a real success story: With Tower 185 we are now building the first skyscraper in the Europaviertel. We are particularly pleased to be able to welcome PwC as a tenant. Such a client proves that Frankfurt is an international business location and speaks for the growing reputation of the Europaviertel."

The address of Tower 185 is Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 35-37. The building also stands on Hohenstaufenstrasse and Osloer Strasse. The banking district and the main railway station are within walking distance, and connections to public transport and the airport are outstanding. Tower 185 marks the entrance to the Europa*viertel and is located next to the Skyline Plaza, the planned shopping and events centre. The tower owes its name to its height of 185 metres (approx 606 feet). Tower 185 consists of a horse-shoe-shaped plinth building with a natural stone faade. Two multi-storey sections with an aluminium and glass faade arise from this; they surround a glazed middle section. Together they form the actual tower.

The building has a total of approx. 116,000 sqm of gross floor space above ground. PwC is renting out over 60,000 sqm of this for its Frankfurt headquarters. The international estate agents Knight Frank provided advice with the conclusion of the contract. In the six-storey plinth building there will be a canteen for employees of PwC as well as offices and the conference centre. A central urban entrance square leads into a six-storey foyer and so connects Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage with the Europaviertel.

More than 1,200 sqm of retail space and restaurants on the ground floor of the plinth building will invite lingering and will enable people to experience the overall atmosphere of Tower 185. In the upper floors of the 50 storey tower, there will be prestigious board, communication and conference rooms with a unique view of the skyline of Frankfurt. The tower contains a two-storey underground car park with around 550 parking places.

The architecture was designed by the Frankfurt architect Professor Christoph Mckler. His design was chosen within the framework of a competitive multiple commission. The form of Mckler's idea stems from rematerialised modernity; it stands for both timeless elegance and the sustainable use of resources that are becoming scarce.

Vivico will bear responsibility for Tower 185 until the keys are handed over. The building application will be submitted in spring 2008. Work will begin on preparing the land in August, in order that excavation work can begin in autumn 2008. The plinth building should be finished in autumn 2010, the tower itself at the end of 2011. Work has begun on marketing the remaining 30,000 sqm of office space in Tower 185.

Last edited by HD; June 2nd, 2008 at 11:42 PM.
HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:17 PM   #127
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

just imagine the 2nd last shot with the Skyline Plaza
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:22 PM   #128
HD
같같같같같같

just imagine this going up together with the grand hyatt, the skyline plaza, the gterplatz tower and the matheus tower at the same time, which is more or less going to happen

plus opernturm, the palais quartier towers, the maintor towers, the (taller) kaiserkarree and the ecb tower
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:29 PM   #129
Da3won
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Looks like 70's are back nothings modern in this tower waste of money for such crap
Da3won no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:33 PM   #130
HD
같같같같같같

dude, make up your mind. you changed your comment three times now. first you said it looks like 70s, then that the 30s are back, and now back to the 70s crap ...
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:40 PM   #131
Da3won
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
dude, make up your mind. you changed your comment three times now. first you said it looks like 70s, then that the 30s are back, and now back to the 70s crap ...
Its not change fact its old pice of crap by the way Congrats for Frankfurt i hope they wil build it
Da3won no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM   #132
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 58029

I really like this tower. It has some smart ground plan, that looks like an opened book or something. And the entrance is just classy.

But they should work on the sides, some diversified fenestration would really improve it a lot. Just an advice for Mckler (the architect).

Above view (taken from the 3D animations by Vivico)

Closer look at the entrance

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Last edited by erbse; June 2nd, 2008 at 12:24 AM.
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:43 PM   #133
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 58029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da3won View Post
Looks like 70's are back nothings modern in this tower waste of money for such crap
Dude, show me just one tower of the 70s looking like this.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:52 PM   #134
HD
같같같같같같

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da3won View Post
Its not change fact its old pice of crap by the way Congrats for Frankfurt i hope they wil build it
najpierw sie naucz mowic po angielsku, chlopcze ...

a potem przestan zazdroscic, bo to nie ladnie wyglada. robisz z siebie palanta. nie musi ci sie podobac, ale najpierw pomysl, co mowisz ...

and you bet, it will get built - it's starting construction very soon
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM   #135
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Likes (Received): 110

I am so glad they got away from that hyper-modern construction... I fonde those old-fashioned buildings still the best.Or aren't the old skyscrapers in NYC still the best towers? Empire State will always be THE skyscraper, no matter how many Burjs, and Plazas and Squares are built!
PWC Tower looks good, understatement is more what I like rather than these overdone "showoff" buildings. That is one reason why I like London's towers. They are huge and also the future projects are beautiful. While Tour Phare is just a project in memoriam for Barbapapa, that's what it looks like!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:55 PM   #136
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4205

I am surprised you guys all like this tower. For me its looks like straight out of Benidorm.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 01:41 PM   #137
HD
같같같같같같

I don't like the glas clad middle part (so 80s) and the logos on top of the building (wtf?).
but I really like the fact, that it's not an entirely glas clad tower - the trend towards stone (and aluminium) cladding is a positive, I think. it certainly adds diversity to the skyline. the impact won't be that big though, with all the other towers going up in the vicinity. I think it's a great filler, and it could turn out better, than on the rendering - the best thing is ...it looks different from each side. I guess it all comes to the details ... even the most monotone facade can look great, when done properly.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:04 PM   #138
SkyBridge
a.k.a. Sequentia

Likes (Received): 1848

Really ugly tower - where are the details? It's just stacking floors over and over again. With all the marvellous towers going up in Europe's skyscraper capital, this is definitely a miss.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:31 PM   #139
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

I think the design is nice. has front of maastower. backside is not that nice. | Sorry for not reading previous posts but is it still approved? or is it U/C?
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nrburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lbeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Dsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zrich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Mlaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbhel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM   #140
HD
같같같같같같

construction starts in september

Tags
frankfurt, pricewaterhousecoopers