daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > East Midlands Forum

East Midlands Forum For Nottingham, Derby, Lincoln, Leicester, Corby, Northampton, and Milton Keynes.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:23 PM   #1
danz013
Robin Hood

Likes (Received): 28

NOTTINGHAM | ISIS Waterside Masterplan | App

ISIS Trent Basin
River Trent Waterside Regeneration

[B]Regen Zone:[B] Waterside
Developer: ISIS
Architects: Benoy Architects
Cost: Ģ400+
Size ?
Use: 2,200 Homes, Office (1,905mē), Retail (3,709mē), Community Space (927mē) including moorings.

Links:
SSC Thread
Official Website
New Nottingham Page
ISIS Website
Benoy Architects

Notes:
Nottingham Trent Basin regeneration project is a new landmark waterfront district of housing,
restaurants, bars, shops and offices. The aim is to create an attractive new mixed-use district
that is unique, sustainable, fully integrated and fully accessible to the public.

The regeneration plans include:-

• opening up views to the river which are currently obscured by industrial premises
• around 2,000 new homes including family homes, townhouse terraces, studios and apartments
• vibrant and distinctive public areas including new public squares
• a waterfront walk connecting to existing walks and waterfronts
• waterside bars, restaurants, retail outlets and small ‘start up’ offices

The ISIS development site will without a doubt become one of the most magnificent places in
the city. ISIS are still in close contact with the council working out the final layout for there
masterplan. Both Nottingham City Council and ISIS have spoke of the need for the site to be
an architectural statement. ISIS have even raised the possibility of the final designs for the
buildings to go to a design competition.

Current Status
ISIS have formally submitted an application to the city council. The city council has been
considering the application for the masterplan for a while now. The council have shown their
support to the scheme and we should here something from the council in the near future.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

This is what It looks like now!

Follow Me - Twitter

Last edited by danz013; September 16th, 2007 at 11:29 PM.
danz013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:24 PM   #2
danz013
Robin Hood

I cant wait to see the final design. The councils are due to accept the masterplan application at the end of this year. I think the next phase is going to be amazing as well. Remember... the next phase is closer to town and it looks as if this is where all the conference centre stuff will fit it....

Its going to be mighty close to the incinerator though!

Follow Me - Twitter
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:26 PM   #3
PAC_MAN
Greatest theatre in LE1

Likes (Received): 0

Good work Robin Hood! Its nice to see each individual major project in Notts on a seperate thread. This one is truly a major construction build.
PAC_MAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:29 PM   #4
danz013
Robin Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC_MAN View Post
Good work Robin Hood! Its nice to see each individual major project in Notts on a seperate thread. This one is truly a major construction build.
Lol thanks matey... yeah... this will definitely rejuvinate the area.

Heres where it is....

image hosted on flickr

And heres some more pictures of what it looks like now!

Follow Me - Twitter
Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:00 PM   #5
ben77

Likes (Received): 446

Dan did you ever see the Nottingham Waterside plans? As i am sure that the area was much bigger than this and encompassed everything from London road through Meadow lane over to where river crescent is currently going up. Part of this was the CPMG masterplan opposite the City Ground.
ben77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:08 PM   #6
danz013
Robin Hood

Yeah I did... If you look at Benoys website they have some plans for the site where CPMG... Benoy have been employed by ISIS so it looks like ISIS will be dealing with the whole site...

The whole waterside site is below...above is just phase 1...

image hosted on flickr

Follow Me - Twitter
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #7
danz013
Robin Hood

Construction Schedule for ISIS

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Also...these were some images in the app of what they're trying to achieve... exciting...

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Follow Me - Twitter
Old August 9th, 2007, 01:06 AM   #8
4ward4notts

Talking

i really hope they have innovative designs down by the river side - like the pod - because it is such a blank canvas.... so there dont have to keep to the integrity of other the area..... but once one shit building goes in it could spell the end for great design..... what do you guys think?

and danz can you give me the app for the site, i wouldnt mind a read..... or if it is on new notts i'll find it there i figure...

4ward4notts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 01:06 AM   #9
pharmj

Likes (Received): 66

These plans look really exciting...ISIS have a definate proven track record looking at the other projects in London and Leeds that they have been involved in. I think the variety in the plans they are presenting is fantastic as well. It looks like they have a nice mixture of flats and houses for families as well as one and two bedroom apartment blocks.

Hopefully the final phases by the Daleside road will feature some signiture buildings as well, and encorage development all along that road. I do kinda feel sorry for the industry in the sense that its being edged off land all over the city, lol. It will be a great entrance to the city once that and Eastside kick off. Looking at it, i would imagine they would both be under construction about the same sort of time as well.
Old August 9th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #10
4ward4notts

what developments have they done in leeds?

also i was wondering why they arent doing anything on the south side of the trent near where forest train.. i figure it aint city council land.... but who owns it which council or is it forest? seems logical to develop that side anyway... thoughts..........

4ward4notts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 02:28 AM   #11
Stefan88
New Nottingham!

Likes (Received): 113

The majority of it is used as a park and for recreational purposes so it'd be nice to stay like that I think.
It'd be nice for the residents to use it although it'd be abit of a walk to get there.
Old August 9th, 2007, 02:45 AM   #12
danz013
Robin Hood

ARRGGHHH!! I was just typing for ages and I lost it...i dunno what I did...lets start again...

right...I was saying... I don't think we're going to see any signature developments...the area is going to be more or less totally residential with the exception of a few bars, shops and the offices on daleside road...

The plans will be high quality....very innovative.... pretty, unusual, creative... even iconic...but they won't nessessarly be landmark, or flagship... they want the area to be nice to bring up familys, lots of nice area, lots of townhouses inbetween the big blocks... building heights limited to about 8/9 stories rising to a max about 12 further down to the river... take a look at the planning app its very interesting...

All the masterplans i've seen (for the whole site... not just the trent basin)...show the more flagship developments further down towards town... talks of iconic buildings, and riverside plaza etc all happen further down... take at look at the image below for example (from the masterplan)...

image hosted on flickr

4ward4notts... i added some links to the original post at the top so check them out...one of them is the planning up... they take ages to download

Re the stuff towards the forest ground...i think they have enough already to think about lol... but stefs right...if i'm thinking of the place you are its very green and recreational...i think the council will want to keep it that way

Follow Me - Twitter
Old August 9th, 2007, 02:52 AM   #13
Stefan88
New Nottingham!

Excuse my french but **** me thats a big development. It didn't really occur to me how large it was from the renders.
Two new footbridges aswell. That could look really good and if they were lit up at night they would look brilliant.
It's a shame some of the buildings at the Cattle Market will go as there is one inparticular thats a real treasure. It looks alot like an old train station.
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:03 AM   #14
danz013
Robin Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef17 View Post
It's a shame some of the buildings at the Cattle Market will go as there is one inparticular thats a real treasure. It looks alot like an old train station.
It probaby is an old train station.. I hear they had about 2 different stations in the area back in the day... thats probably the other one...

if its listed it probably won't go... it'll be like what they did with holmes place/virgin active

Follow Me - Twitter
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:09 AM   #15
Stefan88
New Nottingham!

It'd be nice if they incorporated it into the design. It'd look quite nice as an office or even a post office
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:19 AM   #16
danz013
Robin Hood

Just to add to the image i just posted are these two images which we've seen before... the point i'm making is that these two pictures are definateltly not associated with the ISIS Trent Basin they're doing now....so they must be part of plans for the other parts of the site...

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The plans are huge... i would encourage you to look at some of the other stuff they done around the country... ISIS have handled nearly every cities waterside masterplan... LITERALLY!... because they're only masterplan and not actual designs....non of them look the same....

http://www.isis.gb.com/index.html?u=36

Follow Me - Twitter
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:23 AM   #17
Stefan88
New Nottingham!

Just had a quick look and the projects there currently involved with look of really high quality. Granary Wharf in Leeds is already well underway and there working fairly quickly apparently.
The scheme in Manchester looks brilliant.
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:28 AM   #18
danz013
Robin Hood

Thought i'd add this in as well... little by little..things are moving... British waterways put in an application about a month ago... this was in the post.... can't remember if i've posted it already or not...

Quote:
British Waterways is planning to spruce up Meadow Lane Lock in Quayside Close.

It has submitted plans to Nottingham City Council to upgrade the towpath, build a new footbridge and rebuild the existing sanitary facilities to include new toilets, showers and a small office, on behalf of Nottingham Waterside Limited.

The sanitary station is small, insufficient and does not have disabled access, which is required by law, the application says.

It says the area could be turned into a popular wildlife spot.

The city council will consider the proposals in the coming months.

Follow Me - Twitter
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:36 AM   #19
Stefan88
New Nottingham!

Yeh I think that info has been posted before. It'd be nice to see that area spruced up abit with all the plans around it.
I haven't been down there for years but remember it being quite a pleasant place to be.
Old August 9th, 2007, 03:36 AM   #20
Skid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ward4notts View Post
also i was wondering why they arent doing anything on the south side of the trent near where forest train.. i figure it aint city council land.... but who owns it which council or is it forest? seems logical to develop that side anyway... thoughts..........
Its a flood plain, so (especially after this summer) very unlikely will be developed on
Skid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: