daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:50 AM   #1
nazrey

Likes (Received): 10719

SHAH ALAM | i-City Development News

i-City
i-city MSC One Stop Centre ,Jalan Multimedia 7/AJ,, shah alam, Selangor
Official Website

MSC MALAYSIA Bill of Guarantees
MSC Malaysia-status companies located in i-City will enjoy the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantees.

As part of its commitment to ensure the success of MSC Malaysia Status companies, the Malaysian Government promises to fulfill the following Bill of Guarantees:
1. Provide a world-class physical and information infrastructure.
2. Allow unrestricted employment of local and foreign knowledge workers.
3. Ensure freedom of ownership by exempting companies with MSC Malaysia Status from local ownership requirements.
4. Give the freedom to source capital globally for MSC Malaysia infrastructure, and the right to borrow funds globally.
5. Provide competitive financial incentives, including no income tax for up to 10 years or an investment tax allowance, and no duties on import of multimedia equipment.
6. Become a regional leader in intellectual property protection and cyberlaws.
7. Ensure no Internet censorship.
8. Provide globally competitive telecommunications tariffs.
9. Tender key MSC Malaysia infrastructure contracts to leading companies willing to use the MSC Malaysia as their regional hub.
10. Provide an effective one-stop agency – the Multimedia Development.

Last edited by nazrey; August 9th, 2009 at 11:33 AM.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:05 AM   #2
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

nice project
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 03:11 AM   #3
nazrey

Selangor to woo investments from IT, tourism firms
By Jeeva Arulampalam
August 4 2007

Quote:
I-City and Sepang Gold Coast will help boost the state's foreign direct investments, says Selangor State Investment Centre chief executive officer
SELANGOR wants to attract investments from service-based firms due to stiff competition for manufacturers, a state official says.

According to Selangor State Investment Centre Bhd (SSIC) chief executive officer (CEO) Datuk Mohd Jabar Ahmad Kembali, its two initiatives, I-City and Sepang Gold Coast, worth RM4 billion collectively, will help boost the state's foreign direct investments.
"The main focus of our service industry is the knowledge city (I-City) and the tourism-based industry.

"The I-City has drawn interests from many multinational corporations. We have also received suggestions to develop tourist locations, such as a theme park in Selangor, to attract tourists and house buyers," he said at a media briefing in Shah Alam yesterday.

SSIC's four main projects are I-City, Sepang Gold Coast, Selangor Science Park 2 and Pulau Indah Industrial Park.

In the first four months of the year, Selangor received RM2.1 billion of manufacturing investments.

Last year, it got RM9.6 billion in manufacturing investments, a 13 per cent increase from 2005.

I-City is a RM2 billion commercial development on a 29ha freehold site located along Federal Highway in Section 7, Shah Alam.

The five-year project, undertaken by ICT developer I-Berhad, comprises corporate offices, a shopping mall, a pedestrian street mall, shop offices, retail suites, hotels, service apartments and an innovation centre.

I-Berhad has tied up with Cisco to develop i-City's infrastructure and network services, while its joint-venture partner ServCorp will manage the Internet-based services.

"We currently have an early bird package whereby rental for knowledge-based companies will be RM1 per sq ft," said I-Berhad CEO Eu Hong Chew.

The Sepang Gold Coast is the responsibility of Sepang Goldcoast Sdn Bhd, a joint venture between Permodalan Negeri Selangor Bhd and Sepang Bay Sdn Bhd.
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #4
nazrey

I-City Landed Shop Offices To Be Ready By End Of This Year
Updated : 03-08-2007

SHAH ALAM, Aug 3 (Bernama) -- I-City, the 28.8 ha ICT-enabled township in Section 7, here is progressing well with the landed shop offices under its first phase expected to be completed by the end of the year, said I-Bhd Chief Executive Officer Eu Hong Chew.

Work on the second phase of the RM2.0 billion project which will include retail offices and hotels has also started, he told reporters at a briefing on the latest development of the projects in Selangor organised by the Selangor State Investment Centre here Friday.

The project, to be developed in phases within five years will also feature various other attractions including shopping malls. As it is located near Sg Rasau, the company also intends to beautify the river and turn it into a waterfront as an added attraction, Eu said.

He said investors would also incur less start-up cost as I-City would be equipped with plug and play infrastructure and they will not have the need to buy switches or routers for their computer networks.

He also said not all the units in the project was for sale and some of them were for rent and that the company was offering RM1 per square feet in rent this month for the early birds.
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM   #5
nazrey

On-Site Progress

Last edited by nazrey; August 9th, 2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #6
nazrey

I-Bhd gets strong support for i-City project
By S.C. CHEAH

Datuk Ch'ng Toh Eng (centre) being briefed by Datuk Lim Kim Hong (far right)
and Eu Hong Chew (far left) at the i-City project site in Shah Alam

I-BHD has roped in the support of Intel, Universiti Industri Selangor (UniSel), the Tourism Ministry as well as the Selangor state government for the proposed i-City, a RM1.5bil information and communication technology (ICT)-based commercial development in Shah Alam.

The Selangor state government is backing this development because I-Bhd is supporting its aim to take the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) concept to the next level, from merely focusing on the business community to creating a digital community.

Also, it is the first project of its kind by the private sector and on such a massive scale.

There was a flurry of activities last month that saw I-Bhd signing a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Intel on Sept 7 for the development of digital service infrastructure at i-City.

Last edited by nazrey; August 9th, 2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #7
nazrey

i-City
A 21st century ICT-powered commercial development in the heart of Malaysia's most dynamic State that is set to be a regional destination and the first of its kind in Southeast Asia.
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:18 AM   #8
Ampelio
...is the art of space

Likes (Received): 1576

Great project on great location!
Old August 7th, 2007, 05:25 AM   #9
Chinky Orz
Taipei 101

Likes (Received): 0

Looks awesome.

只要記得方向 家就在不遠前方
Chinky Orz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #10
nazrey

I-Office to manage IP-based services in i-City
Tuesday August 7, 2007

ServCorp chief information officer Marcus Moufarrige and
Datin Tey Siew Thuan sealing the partnership deal

KUALA LUMPUR: Office2, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ServCorp Ltd – a company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, has entered into a joint venture (JV) agreement with I-R&D Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of I-Bhd, to provide managed IP-based services in i-City.

The partners have set up a JV company, I-Office Sdn Bhd, which has been given a concession by i-City to provide and manage the connectivity between all its tenants and the telcos.

I-Office will invest in the fibre optic network for the whole development and purchase for resale of the Metro-E high-speed connectivity from the various telcos.

I-Bhd executive director Datin Tey Siew Thuan said the JV was the first step in i-City's plan to accelerate the development from 10 years to within 5 years.

"There has always been two goals in the development of i-City – to have an alternative income stream from property development and to seek opportunities to extend our ICT business. While the joint venture will initially focus on i-City, we will eventually provide this managed network services to other property developments in the country," she said.

In Phase 1 of i-City, I-Office will invest RM3.5mil for the ICT infrastructure, equipment and services. It will eventually invest a total of RM75mil to provide these IP-based services.

The Sydney-based ServCorp will provide the entire I-City a true "plug and play" environment for voice, data and video services.
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:33 PM   #11
nazrey

Shah Alam set to be most liveable knowledge city
Monday October 15, 2007
Property Talk: A weekly column by S.C. Cheah

A model of the RM2bil i-City development
in Section 7, Shah Alam, Selangor.

MOST city dwellers yearn to live and work in a city free from traffic jams and pollution with plenty of job opportunities, where the cost of living is low and lots of greenery.

In Malaysia, Ipoh would appeal to many retirees as property prices there are relatively cheaper with cost of living lower while Penang has retained some of its old world charm although the island is getting very congested.

However, for those wishing to be part of the K-economy in the country and where they may stand a better chance of finding jobs and still live in a fairly peaceful and green city, Shah Alam is the preferred city to live and work as many people are rather tired of the traffic jams in Kuala Lumpur or Petaling Jaya.

Just as Melbourne was once voted the “most liveable city” in the world, Shah Alam may in the near future be known as the “most liveable knowledge city” in Malaysia.

Shah Alam is still relatively peaceful with few high-rise buildings with plenty of greenery. However, the lack of entertainment like cinemas and shopping centres has given the city a laid-back image.

A recent market survey by Research Inc Asia showed that most Shah Alam residents would like to see their shops and restaurants open for longer houses as well as larger shopping centres and new cinemas.

The survey also noted that: “Shah Alam could potentially have 69% of its residents spending more time in their home city, if more leisure opportunities were available”.

Hence - the initiative by I-Bhd to develop the RM2bil i-City in Section 7, Shah Alam - is seen as an ambitious move but one that could help turn Shah Alam into a knowledge city.

The importance of this development can be seen from a recent study mission led by Shah Alam mayor Mazalan Mohd Noor to Shanghai to see what makes that city tick that might also help to shape the proposed Shah Alam ICT (information and communications technology) Zone where the freehold 72-acre i-City would be located.

The mayor also saw how China has managed to develop successful models in handling foreign direct investments within its socio-cultural context and this could also be adapted to suit Shah Alam.

Mazalan had said the Shanghai mission was also to source for possible ICT investments to Shah Alam from China.

“We are not just focusing on ICT investors from the west, we are also looking at China and the rest of Asia, as the ICT sector has become global. We want to make Shah Alam the Bangalore of Malaysia,” he added.

Bangalore is today one of Asia's fastest growing cosmopolitan city and is regarded as India's “Silicon Valley” boasting many scientific and research and development facilities.

Besides creating jobs for 50,000 knowledge workers, the ICT Zone will enable a transfer of skill sets and there will be increased economic activities for Shah Alam.

The value of properties will be enhanced and the Selangor state government and the Shah Alam City Council will also gain in terms of higher revenue.

There will also be an international stature for Shah Alam and Selangor will be able to maintain its position as the leading investment location in the country.

According to I-Bhd feedback from a group of investment bankers who were instrumental in linking i-City with foreign investors was that the proposed Shah Alam ICT Zone was in line with the requirements of these investors.

“We have accelerated i-City's development from the original 10-year period to within five years as suggested by Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Khir Toyo.

“We cannot rely on the local market demand for ICT offices rather we have to market i-City as a global office address to the international ICT community,” the company added.

For latest Bursa Malaysia indices, charts and other information click here
Old May 17th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #12
nazrey

Overseas offers to replicate I-City
By Sharen Kaur Published: 2008/05/12, BusinessTimes

I-BERHAD, which is developing the I-City intelligent township that is envisaged to be Selangor's knowledge hub and in the league of the Dubai Internet City in the United Arab Emirates, has received offers from China and Vietnam to replicate the RM2 billion development.

Executive director and chief executive officer Datin Tey Siew Thuan said it has plans to redevelop I-City overseas, and possibly also in Penang, in three years.

"I-City is the concept of the future and the (Chinese and Vietnamese) investors are keen to have a similar model in their environment. We are studying the offers currently," Tey said.

I-City is the first technology-driven commercial development in Malaysia.

In uplifting the development, Tey said that I-Berhad will partner Telekom Malaysia Bhd (TM), Maxis Communications Bhd and Time dotCom Bhd to offer high-speed broadband Internet services with uptime of 99.9 per cent, as per MSC requirement.

"We are tying up with established business partners to promote I-City. TM and Maxis are expected to come in by August and Time by 2009," said Tey.

I-City is offering fibre optics and Cisco network at its development. It has enlisted the expertise of Australian-listed ServCorp Ltd in June 2007 to provide the infrastructure and Internet Protocol or IP-based services.

Kompakar Inc Bhd has been appointed to manage its data centre, which would house the servers.

"I-City's entire area is connected with a giga-speed fibre-optics network that allows for complete connectivity and mobility, resulting in a true plug-and-play environment," said Tey, adding that it is the only commercial property in Malaysia with a last-mile fibre optics to the units network, and with a capacity up to 1Gbps, making it different from other cybercentres here.

The network supports a wide range of IP-based services and applications and has a super-broadband redundancy where a multi-telco environment exists, enabling owners and tenants of I-City to enjoy continuous uninterrupted broadband connections and simplicity of integrated billing system.

In addition, I-City has all the right components for a second-generation Internet development, known as Web 2.0, and redundant power through a second source of power supply from Klang.
Old May 17th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #13
Michael_23

Likes (Received): 1

Looks cool!
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #14
nazrey

i-City gets top marks for facilities, services
Monday May 19, 2008 By S.C. Cheah, TheStar

The first batch of three and five-storey MSC-status shop offices sold and
completed in i-City in Section 7, Shah Alam, Selangor. Inset is Datuk Lim Kim
Hong.

AN international information technology (IT) player has described smart-community developer I-Bhd's RM2bil i-City as the “No 1 technology city in Asia”.

Office Squared Ltd (a subsidiary of Servcorp) said the proposed i-City was not just a technology park but was also a totally plug-and-play environment, offering true high-speed broadband.

Servcorp is the second largest serviced office provider in the world, currently managing over 9,000 clients in 13 countries.

Office Squared business development manager David Cross, who is in Kuala Lumpur to attend the 16th World Congress On Information Technology (WCIT) 2008 from May 18 to 22, said i-City is packed with world-class networking technologies, capacity that surpassed today's business needs.

“Its facilities and services, geared for the second generation Internet development called Web 2.0 out-performs other Asian technology parks built five or more years ago, thus making it the most advanced technology city in Asia,” he said.

He also described i-City as a “one-stop shop” where its advanced business communications were complemented by sophisticated productivity, collaboration and mobility tools that were available online.

“Users save capital costs and reduce the cost and resource demands for business operations, while maintaining high speed and high availability services and on-site support. They will enjoy astoundingly fast service implementation and avoid frustration of slow connections, blackouts and Telco disconnections,” he added.

I-Bhd chief innovation officer Ricky Lim said there were eight reasons for businesses to choose i-City: It has MSC Malaysia cybercentre status, fibre optics with Cisco network, super broadband with redundancy, Cisco Unified Communications with receptionist, Servcorp powered services, Tier 3+ data centre, 100% backup power supply and a shopping mall.

I-Bhd, whose shares are listed on the Bursa Malaysia main board, is showcasing i-City at WCIT 2008. About 2,500 participants from over 80 countries are attending the event billed as the “Olympics of ICT”.

The ICT-based i-City commercial township is master planned by world-renowned and award-winning American architect Jon A. Jerde.

“We are very pleased that i-City was recently awarded the MSC Malaysia Cybercentre status. The development of this 72-acre freehold ICT-based premier commercial development in Section 7, Shah Alam, is a strategic fit in our corporate plans to make i-City an international world class techno-city using the latest in ICT technology,” said I-Bhd chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong.

Meanwhile, the first batch of 44 units of three and five-storey shop office in i-City have been sold and completed. Another 34 units of similar shop offices will be launched in July or August.
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM   #15
Skyprince
Asian boi

Wow am proud my city is gonna be the top
Skyprince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:39 AM   #16
nazrey

I-City's second phase draws foreign interest
By Zurinna Raja Adam, Published: 2008/05/21, BusinessTimes

I-BERHAD, which is developing the I-City intelligent township in Shah Alam, Selangor, has received offers from interested foreign parties to buy office suites in the second phase of its project.

Targeted for completion in March next year, the second phase consists of 33 office suites. The total value of the project is RM2 billion.

"We received a lot of enquiries during the WCIT (World Congress on Information Technology) and we are in talks with a few parties right now," I-Berhad deputy chief executive officer Lim Boon Siong said in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

The first phase of the five-year project has been taken up and will be in operation by August.

I-City is being developed on a 22.8ha freehold site in Section 7.

The intelligent township will feature eight corporate towers, two luxury hotels, two blocks of 24-storey branded residences, three- to five-storey shop-offices and retail suites. It will also house a one million sq ft shopping mall and data and innovation centres.

I-City's technology partner is the Australia-based ServCorp Ltd.

ServCorp chief information officer Marcus Moufarrige said that complete mobility for the network offered at the site is possible through the 10Gps fibre-optic network linking all office network and world-class data centre facilities provided by both ServCorp and Cisco Systems.

"This makes I-City stand out more prominently as an intelligent township against others in the world," he said.
Old July 13th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #17
nazrey

I-Bhd Open To New Ventures Although Focus Remains On I-City Project
July 12, 2008 15:22 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, July 12 (Bernama) -- While the focus right now will be on its technology-based i-City commercial township project, Bursa Main Board listed I-Bhd says it is open for any new ventures.

In fact, the company has been invited to invest in similar projects in countries such as Korea, Taiwan and even Mexico, its deputy chief executive officer Lim Boon Siong said.

He said the interested parties viewed I-Bhd as not being merely a property developer but one that offers added value to its development with technology.

Lim said the company would continue to look out for landbanks locally especially in big cities as well as in overseas.

He said the I-City project would keep its plate full for the next six to 12 months.

The RM2 billion i-City project is the first private initiative to be awarded the MSC Malaysia Cybercentre status.

Located on a 28.8-hectare land in Section 7, Shah Alam, it recently completed the first phase development of 44 cybercentre office suites.

Speaking to Malaysian reporters on an I-City study tour to Sydney recently, Lim said I-Bhd also had a 0.4 hectare land at Jalan Kia Peng, earmarked for a luxury, serviced residential property to be known as "The Peak".

The company is currently in talks with several hotel operators including the Hilton group, Mariott and Starwood, to manage the property.

The project, to be funded by internally-generated funds, will house 104 units.

It is expected to be launched by year-end if market conditions are better with its completion due in three years.

-- BERNAMA
Old July 13th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #18
nazrey

I-Berhad seeks foreign investors for mall project
By Vasantha Ganesan Published: 2008/07/09, BusinessTimes

I-BERHAD (I-Bhd) is in talks with several foreign institutional investors to set up a joint venture to develop the shopping complex component of the i-City project's second phase in Shah Alam, Selangor.

I-Bhd hopes to set up a 70:30 joint venture (JV), with the foreign institution holding the majority, to build an international class shopping complex which has an estimated gross development value (GDV) of RM500 million.

"We will set up a JV and sell the land to the JV partner. We will then develop it together and let our partner manage the shopping complex," I-Bhd deputy chief executive officer Lim Boon Siong said.

"We are looking at shopping centre partners who have the expertise in managing shopping centres for this joint venture," he said.

Lim, in a recent press conference in Sydney, Australia, said that I-Bhd could make an announcement on the development in the third quarter of 2008.

"The mall will have one million square feet gross lettable area which is comparable to the Mid Valley Mega Mall in Kuala Lumpur," he said.

i-City, Lim said, is creating an entire new community which is IT advanced and is a lifestyle hub. As such, a mall which services this community is required.

To be ready in 2011, the mall will cater to about 30,000 office population within the i-City township and 50,000 when the entire project is completed in 2012.

I-Bhd believes that the mall will be successful as there is no such shopping destination between Shah Alam and Klang. The catchment for the mall, based on a 15 km radius, is estimated to be around 1.5 million.

On the corporate towers within i-City, which are now at the planning stage, Lim said the company has received enquiries from institutional investors from Korea, the Middle East and Singapore.

"They are interested in buying either one tower or to manage it as a business park," he said.
Old July 13th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #19
channel
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

looks lik a very nice project
channel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 07:46 AM   #20
nazrey

I-Bhd takes intelligent city project to next level
Monday July 14, 2008, TheStar

Lim Boon Siong (right) exchanging documents with Marcus Moufarrige

IF you were a new kid on the block but eager to show that you have what it takes to turn vision into reality, what would you do?

For I-Bhd, it got world renowned architect Jon Jerde to design its RM2bil i-City in Shah Alam, entered into strategic partnerships with Intel, Telekom Malaysia and Universiti Industri Selangor, won an MSC status for the freehold commercial township and positioned itself as an ICT-based developer.

It showed its sound finances by completing Phase 1 of its Cybercentre offices in i-City under a “build-then-sell” concept. A party is going to buy the offices en bloc while an international shopping centre operator is looking at developing the mall in i-City.

Come September, tenants will be moving into its 44 Cybercentre offices.

The public-listed company recently hosted a 20-member media study tour to Sydney to visit the offices of its latest partners, Servcorp (world's second largest managed serviced office operator) and Cisco (worldwide leader in networking).

The aim was to show the advanced technology to be offered by Servcorp and Cisco in i-City, dubbed the No. 1 Technology City in the region. It also showed the Concierge services, wireless 10mbps and the One Network technology powered by Cisco, to be provided in i-City.

After a six-day trip, I must say I was “blown away” not so much by riding a Harley-Davidson over the Sydney Harbour Bridge, sliding down a giant sand dune in Port Stephens, having lunch in the observation deck of Sydney Tower nor even dining in The Great Cask Hall of Hope Estate in Hunter Valley.

Indeed, all the five-star experience as part of I-Bhd's branding exercise, including jetting in the A380, dolphin watching or hand-feeding sharks, probably threw some of us off our feet.

What blew me over was the IT experience at Servcorp and Cisco that showcased cutting edge IT that can be applied to offices and the homes.

For example, at Servcorp, the media saw how its Concierge service could offer human and technical help to firms at a much affordable cost.

As I-Bhd chief innovation officer Ricky Lim said with i-City's MSC status, tenants could enjoy many benefits including super broadband with Gigabit connectivity, no import duties for multimedia equipment, 15 minutes emergency response, no restriction on recruitment of foreign workers, and 10-years tax exemption.

“We are also providing 100% power backup supply in 15 seconds. All buildings in i-City will be connected,” he said. It would also have an integrated data centre (under construction), online portal for one bill payment, concierge, plug-and-play services, redundant broadband and Cisco Unified Communications.

I-Bhd and Servcorp signed an agreement during the trip for Servcorp to provide the concierge service, the first of its kind in Malaysia.

The media was also shown Cisco's latest telepresence technology where reporters talked to a virtual life-size manager from Cisco Singapore in an identical boardroom as the one in Sydney.

We also visited Australia's most intelligent strata office building, the new 10,000 sq m, seven-level Nexus Norwest in Norwest Business Park. Developed by Capital Corp with Office Squared (a Servcorp subsidiary), it has an integrated managed network and advanced Protocol (IP) telephony system from Cisco.

Interviews with several tenants indicated a high level of satisfaction.

Bet Choice Corpo CEO Mark Morrissey praised the fast-speed broadband for his horse-betting business.

For Jacqui Gibbs, director of a small marketing firm, relocating her business from home in the city to Norwest enhanced her firm's image, saved her travelling expenses and time, enabled her to tap into a pool of clients in the business park and run her business more efficiently.

As Office Squared CEO Marcus Moufarrige said organisations could save 30% to 55% per-workstation costs by having a pre-installed infrastructure and a managed network.

This trip showed that real estate is not just brick and mortar but to compete, developers must differentiate and IT can add value to property and is the way to go.

“I-City is on track. We are creating a special niche by investing in technology that can add value to our property and benefit our tenants and purchasers,” said I-Bhd deputy chief executive officer Lim Boon Siong.

Like Nexus Norwest, i-City is about doing business in a faster, cheaper and simpler way and relocating to a new growth suburb has its advantages.

The difference between the two is that Nexus Norwest is merely a third the size of i-City's Phase 1. The 72-acre i-City will be a connected “intelligent city” that will take the next generation of business space to another level.