daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 7th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #41
nazrey

Likes (Received): 10727

I-Berhad’s new proposal gets SC’s approval
Published: 2009/02/07

I-Berhad’s new proposal gets SC’s approval

THE Securities Commission (SC) has approved I-Berhad’s proposed revision for the utilisation of the remaining proceeds from the rights issue of shares and irredeemable convertible unsecured loan stocks of RM74 million for the development of I-City project.
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #42
nazrey

I-Berhad's new management a mix of youth and experience
By Mustapha Kamil Published: 2009/02/11

I-Berhad,(4251) developer of the i-City project in Shah Alam yesterday announced several management changes, with founder Datuk Lim Kim Hong making way for a top management team comprising a mixture of youth and experience.

Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman, president and group chief executive of state-owned investment fund Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) has been appointed as chairman of I-Berhad.

Lim's eldest son, Lim Boon Siong is chief executive officer (CEO) replacing Datin Tey Siew Thuan who has been appointed as executive director.

The elder Lim meanwhile has taken the role of deputy executive chairman.

He said Hamad Kama Piah's appointment was the start of a new era for the group as his vast corporate expertise will further spur I-Berhad's expansion plans.
"I believe that with his involvement and a strong foundation in place, I can stand back and play the role of an investor with confidence that the group will be able to meet future challenges," he said in a statement.

Boon Siong has an honours degree in Business Administration from the Ivey Business School, University of West Ontario, Canada. He joined I-Berhad as deputy CEO in 2008 and is a chartered marketer with over 10 years of corporate finance and business development experience.

While he manages the day-to-day operations, an exco comprising pioneering directors will focus on the strategic and corporate governance issues.

"Our succession plan has the balance of youthful energy and the wisdom and experience of the pioneering team. At the same time, we have also forged strategic alliances with leading global companies," Lim said.

Over the past two years, I-Berhad has managed to gain support from the various authorities for its mammoth i-City project.

The project, which is already a MSC Malaysia Cybercentre is also playing a central role in making Shah Alam an International Islamic Financial Centre.

It was recently conferred the International Park status by the Selangor state government, thus making it the only location in Shah Alam to have cinemas to support its cosmopolitan lifestyle environment.

i-City is a RM2 billion ICT-based premier integrated commercial development spanning a 72-acre site.

It has seen strong investor interest and is the only MSC Malaysia Cybercentre endorsed as a tourism destination.

Among its strategic alliances are with ServCorp of Australia and the Al-Rajhi Banking Group from Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile, the group announced increased pre-tax profit and turnover for the year ended Dec 31, 2008.

Its turnover grew significantly to RM95.77 million from RM4.07 million a year ago. Its pre-tax profit was also higher at RM16.15 million compared to RM1.90 million in 2007, and earnings per share rose 13.07 sen to 14.40 sen per share.

At the same time, its total assets grew sharply by 38.4 per cent to RM232.22 million as at 31 December 2008. The I-Berhad board have recommended a final gross dividend of 5 per cent.

The company said several factors such as reinventing itself into a property and technology player and the successful completion and sale of i-City's first phase of Cybercentre Office Suites contributed to its improved financial performance.

It said 2009 promises to be an exciting year. There are plans to establish a designated bio-technology and research & development zones in i-City.

Other I-Berhad's development plans are a regional shopping mall with cineplex and also a luxurious residential development in the vicinity of KLCC.
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #43
nazrey

I-Berhad may partner PNB firms in developing i-City
By Chong Pooi Koon
Published: 2009/03/17

I-BERHAD (4251), developer of the i-City project in Shah Alam, may work with companies under the Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) stable to enhance its development, its chairman said.

Chairman Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman, who is also the president and chief executive officer of state-owned investment fund PNB, said I-Berhad wants to rope in more partners in the information technology area and may work with other PNB-owned companies.

"PNB is in many sectors. Some of those in the technology and property area can work with I-Berhad if there is good synergy. We'd want to see more profit for PNB ultimately," Hamad Kama Piah said in a press conference after I-Berhad's shareholder meeting in Shah Alam yesterday. PNB holds 18.5 per cent of I-Berhad.

I-Berhad started as a digital lifestyle products maker, but had three years ago launched i-City as part of plans to re-invent itself into a property developer that provides a digital working environment.
The RM2 billion commercial township has already forged strategic alliances with global leaders in the digital industry, such as Intel and Cisco, and has secured investments from ServCorp of Australia and Al-Rajhi Banking Group of Saudi Arabia.

The company made a record pre-tax profit of RM16 million last year and has over RM120 million in cash with zero borrowings. Its net tangible assets have increased to RM1.54 per share, chief executive officer Lim Boon Siong said, and there is still a substantial part of i-City to be developed.

Only a tenth of the available land has been developed and the first phase, which was launched three to four months ago, has seen good tenant response, Lim said.

The value of the remaining 90 per cent of land at i-City has tripled in value compared to its original cost, Lim said.

The development relies on high technology to help tenants save operation costs, while the syariah-compliant office suite in the first phase helps draw Islamic finance investors.

The two selling points will help the project in an economic downturn, he said, as more cost-conscious companies would prefer i-City while the Islamic finance players are more resilient in this crisis.
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:52 AM   #44
surnamedt
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Now way like a new way!
http://****************/h22.html
Hardly anyone minds.
surnamedt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #45
nazrey

Large cash reserves put I-Bhd on strong footing
Tuesday March 17, 2009

SHAH ALAM: Property developer I-Bhd has the chance to grasp opportunities in view of its large cash reserves, said chairman Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman.

“At a time when many companies are facing a credit squeeze, the group remains financially strong with RM120mil cash and no borrowings,” added Hamad, who is also CEO of Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB).

Hamad, who was appointed I-Bhd chairman last month, said PNB was the major bumiputra shareholder with an 18% stake in the company,

Although I-Bhd was still small, he noted that it made a record pre-tax profit of RM16mil last year.

He observed that I-Bhd launched i-City three years ago as it re-invented itself from a digital lifestyle products manufacturer into a developer that provides a digital work environment.

“And today, the building blocks are all coming into place,” he told reporters after the company AGM at i-City here yesterday.

In another dimension of development, it is also planned for an International Islamic Financial Hub be set up in i-City.

“In line with this, our first phase of development, which is the Cybercentre 1 Office Suite, is syariah-compliant,” Hamad said.

The establishment of Islamic financial services is part of the national agenda in which i-City has a role to play. “There are many Malaysian companies, including those within the PNB group, which are looking at this sector and I believe there are many opportunities for I-Bhd to work with them to accelerate the i-City development,” Hamad said.

On the impact of the global recession, newly-appointed CEO Lim Boon Siong said I-Bhd was reviewing and adjusting the phases to be launched in view of that.

Even so, the company is sticking to its target to complete i-City, a project with a gross development value of RM2bil by 2015.

Lim, who was appointed CEO last month, said the first phase of i-City was completed just three to four months ago. Following completion of development, tenants are being sought for the offices.

“There are a lot of enquiries. Logica of Britain, for example, is already here,” he said. AmBank Bhd has also signed up.

Signing tenancies for the rest would take longer, which was not unusual at this time, he added.

In a joint venture with the Al Rajhi banking group, 80% of i-City’s phase one was sold to the Middle Eastern group for RM95mil in July last year.

Eu Hong Chew, a non-executive director, said i-City was developed to cater to the knowledge economy and was positioned to uniquely serve such companies with multi-telco and high-speed Internet facilities.
Old April 7th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #46
nazrey

I-City project could be a model for other locations
Saturday March 28, 2009

Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman (left) and Datuk Lim Kim Hong. Hamad
says i-Bhd has acquired knowledge in developing properties with state-of-the
art facilities amd it's good to learn more about it.

The intelligent business park project that I-Bhd is developing in Shah Alam can be constructed along similar lines by the company. It has the expertise and financial resources to do so.

It has made early tracks in establishing a record in this field which is now held back by the global recession. A successful completion of its RM2bil i-City will set it on the road to other states. Permodalan Nasional Bhd (PNB) CEO Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah is convinced I-Bhd has developed expertise in this niche.

Hamad, who became I-Bhd’s non-executive chairman in February, says: “The i-City project could be a model for other locations and be replicated in other states, from an opportunity point of view.”

To a question on joining a company that’s small for the scale of PNB, he told StarBizWeek recently that it’s not a matter of small or big.

“It has acquired knowledge in developing properties with state-of-the-art facilities and it’s good to learn more about it,” he adds.

i-City boasts multi-telecommunications facilities and high-speed Internet access at a speed of 10 megabits per second (Mbps), which is 10 times the speed of Telekom Malaysia Bhd’s Streamyx service of 1Mbps or less.

The high-speed broadband will be useful for workers of companies in the information technology (IT), animation arts, law, architecture and banking sectors for which i-City is designed for.

In addition to the interest in i-City, Hamad says PNB has been associated with I-Bhd deputy chairman and controlling shareholder Datuk Lim Kim Hong for several decades.

In the 1980s and 1990s, this association was in Dreamland Holdings Bhd where both Lim and PNB were substantial shareholders. Lim sold his controlling stake in Dreamland some years ago. During his watch, Dreamland produced steady profits and dividends, attributes that attract PNB.

Lim, through his family-owned company Sumurwang Sdn Bhd, owns 58% of I-Bhd while PNB owns 18%.

In a re-entry into the corporate sector, Lim bought a controlling stake in Neico Industries Bhd which manufactured Sanyo electrical appliances. Neico was renamed I-Bhd but, after an unsuccessful attempt to expand the electrical appliances business, this division was phased out in 2007.

Its sole business now is its i-City project and a lot of cash.

I-Bhd has net cash of RM120mil, which exceeds the company’s total market value of RM89mil on Thursday.

The i-City project may need RM60mil of that for working capital but the rest of the development cost can be met by other means.

Eu Hong Chew, a director, says I-Bhd can tap a combination of some borrowings, internally-generated profits and capital injections by joint-venture partners.

In a joint venture with the Al Rajhi banking group, for instance, 80% of i-City’s phase one was sold to that group for RM95mil last year, with I-Bhd retaining the balance.

The company has used just 10% of the land for phase one, which leaves most of the rest of the 72-acre i-City to be developed.

While I-Bhd is cash-rich, it is not asset-rich in land as the i-City land was bought and is owned by parent company Sumurwang.

Eu says there is a supportive arrangement with Sumurwang such that I-Bhd pays for the land only as and when each parcel is developed. It is thus an asset-light business model.

In the development, I-Bhd follows a build-and-sell model. It does not sell prior to construction “and it doesn’t even have to borrow to build,” he adds.
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #47
nazrey

I-Berhad's data hub likely to get 2nd anchor tenant
By Goh Thean EuPublished: 2009/04/10

I-Berhad (4251), the developer of i-City in Shah Alam, is confident of signing up another data centre anchor tenant for its Data Centre Park by year-end.

The Data Centre Park, launched yesterday, will have four buildings with a combined floor space of 200,000 sq ft - one of the country's largest data space providers in a single location.

One of the buildings is completed and will have Kompakar Inc Bhd as its first anchor tenant.

I-Berhad is in talks with other data centre operators, both local and foreign, to occupy the other buildings upon completion. A data centre is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems.
"We are quite confident to sign up one more operator as anchor tenant this year. International companies are looking at Malaysia as a data centre location," I-Berhad chairman Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman said after the launch by Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation Datuk Dr Maximus Johnity Ongkili in Shah Alam yesterday.

I-Berhad statistics show that data centre capacity is expected to grow 68 per cent by 2013 in Southeast Asia, and demand for data centre services in Malaysia is forecast to be worth more than US$150 million (RM543 million).

Each data centre building in the project will take about two years to complete and the developer expects to take another six years before the entire Data Centre Park is fully constructed.

In his speech, the minister said many of the facilities and services in i-City had surpassed criteria set by the Multimedia Development Corp.

"In fact, we are looking at how i-City can be the benchmark for future cyber centres in the country," he said.

i-City is a RM2 billion integrated commercial development on 29ha of freehold land along Federal Highway in Section 7, Shah Alam. The entire development is expected to be completed by 2015.

For the year ended December 2008, the company recorded a pre-tax profit of RM16 million, with more than RM120 million cash and zero borrowings.

For the year ended December 31 2008, I-Berhad will be paying a final dividend of 5 per cent less tax on May 15 2009.
Old April 10th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #48
nazrey

i-Bhd unveils data centre park in i-City
Friday April 10, 2009

PETALING JAYA: I-Bhd’s i-City set another milestone with the launch of Data Centre Park, one of the largest data centre space providers in a single location in Malaysia, yesterday.

Speaking at the launch of the Data Centre Park, Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Datuk Dr Maximus Ongkili said data centres represented one of the fastest growing segments in Malaysia’s information and communications technology industry.

“Demand for data centre services in Malaysia is forecast to be worth more than US$150mil. Data centre capacity in the region is forecast to increase by 68% by 2013,” he said, adding that the private sector was encouraged to participate actively in the government initiative on cybercentre development.

The RM2bil i-City in Shah Alam received MSC Cybercentre status last May.

Ongkili said companies operating in i-City would be able to reduce their cost of operations by 33% because of its technology infrastructure and office services.

“In fact, we are looking at how i-City can be the benchmark for future cybercentres in the country,” he said.

Designed for data centre service providers and large organisations planning to build their own data centre buildings, the park has the capacity to host up to four centres with a combined floor space of 200,000 sq ft.

Kompakar, Malaysia’s leading data centre provider, will be the operator.
Old July 5th, 2009, 12:06 PM   #49
nazrey

i-City will need 50,000 k-workers
Tuesday April 14, 2009
By STEVEN PATRICK

KEY TO THE FUTURE: (l-r) Kompakar Inc Bhd executive chairman Tunku Datuk
Seri Shahabuddin handing over the keys of the first DataCentrePark building
block in i-City to i-Berhad chairman Tan Sri Datuk Hamad Kama Piah Che
Othman. With them is Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Datuk Dr
Maximus Ongkili.

SHAH ALAM: The just launched i-City cybercentre here will need 50,000 knowledge workers by 2015 when the entire RM2bil commercial *development project is completed.

William Chau, chief technology officer for i-Berhad which is the *developer, said the knowledge *workers will be required for everything from software *development to datacentre *management.

He believes the nation’s talent pool for knowledge workers will be more than enough to satisfy the needs of i-City.

Nearby is Universiti Teknologi Mara and Universiti Selangor, which will help provide the knowledge workers needed, Chau said at the launch of i-City’s datacentre, known as DataCentrePark, last week.

i-City is being built as an intelligent city from the bottom up, and will be a hub for businesses savvy in utilising technology in their operations. i-Berhad intends the technologies to be as ubiquitous as water and electricity (see In.Tech, Aug 26, 2008).

Its Shah Alam location is *surrounded by mature communities such as Petaling Jaya, Subang Jaya and Klang, which are IT savvy. Also, its high-tech facilities have already attracted several foreign companies.

“Among them is a British systems-integration company, called Logica, which has placed its disaster recovery centre here,” Chau said.

Future is here

Phase One of i-City, comprising about 300,000sq ft, is open for leasing.

“The datacentre occupies 200,000sq ft of that space, making it one of the largest in a single location in the *country,” said Chau, adding that most datacentres are usually 300sq ft.

Two companies have signed on for i-City’s datacentre services and several others are in negotiations, announced i-Berhad at the event.

i-Berhad partner, ICT (information and communications technology) solutions provider Kompakar Inc Bhd, is managing Data Centre Park, which is scheduled to go live in June.

Phase Two of i-City, with its 200,000sq ft of office space, will be completed by the third quarter of this year.

The entire project takes up 72 acres and will comprise a shopping mall with cinemas, several office towers, a 40-acre lake and park, as well as a hotel and residential apartments.

i-City structures will be linked via fibre-optic network, that will provide telecommunications facilities and high-speed Internet access with speeds of 10 megabits per second — 10 times what is currently available in the country.

i-Berhad said companies in i-City will be able to lower operating costs by 33%, thanks to the various technologies that will be in place, such as state-of-the-art intelligent-building systems.
Old July 5th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #50
nazrey

I-Berhad upbeat on new revenue
By Sharen KaurPublished: 2009/06/17

I-BERHAD (4251), developer of the RM2 billion i-City project in Shah Alam, Selangor, will have a new income stream starting next year that will improve its revenue and net profit, a top official said.

Already the company is expecting revenue to improve this year, mainly because it has, in the past six months, leased 300,000 sq ft of office space in i-City, an MSC Malaysia Cybercentre.

By December, I-Berhad will complete and lease an additional 200,000 sq ft of office space, its director Eu Hong Chew said.

In the past, I-Berhad's income was mainly from property sales. It posted a net profit of RM15.3 million on revenue of RM95.8 million last year.
Chairman Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman said I-Berhad, in partnership with Australia's Servcorp, will offer its managed office system, a digital technology solution that has been the tackling point for i-City, to developers involved in commercial projects.

Initially, I-Berhad and Servcorp, through i-Office 2 Sdn Bhd, their 35:65 joint-venture firm, will offer the technology to developers in Malaysia. It may branch out to Southeast Asia in a few years and target high-end residential developments, too.

Hamad added that i-Office will invest RM100 million over the next 10 years in information technology infrastructure, equipment and services in i-City for the roll-out plan.

"We will roll out the services beginning the first quarter of 2009. When fully operational, I-Berhad will have another revenue stream to complement the one from property development," he said at the launch in Shah Alam yesterday by Housing and Local government Minister Datuk Kong Cho Ha.

Under the plan, i-Office will deploy an IP-based open network platform in i-City that allows building technologies such as heating ventilation and air-conditioning and CCTVs, among others, to be integrated with traditional IP-based communications systems on a common network platform.

"When tenants relocate to i-City, they would be offered a range of built-in facilities and services, enabling them to lower their operational costs by 33 per cent. The same goes to tenants in other developments, which have applied our technology," said Hamad, who is also the president and chief executive officer of state-owned investment fund Permodalan Nasional Bhd.
Old July 5th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #51
nazrey

I-Bhd to offer IT solutions to others
By RACHAEL KAM
June 17th, 2009

From left: Eu Hong Chew, Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman and Datuk
Seri Kong Cho Ha looking at a model of i-City after the launch of the iO2
system Tuesday.

SHAH ALAM: I-Bhd, the developer of i-City commercial project, is looking to offer its digital technology solutions to other developments in the region.

Speaking at the launch of the I-Office Squared (iO2) system yesterday, chairman Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman said this would be a technology-based income for the company.

“I-Bhd will have another revenue stream to complement the one from property development when this roll-out is fully operational,” he said.

The system was launched by Housing and Local Government Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha.

Hamad said tenants at i-City would be offered a range of built-in facilities and services that would enable them to lower operational costs.

I-Bhd has teamed up with Cisco and Australia-based Servcorp to set up a joint-venture, i-Office2 Sdn Bhd, to provide managed services to i-City and other property projects in the country.

The iO2 is a multi-tenant managed service system. The key tenant service offerings include high-speed Internet access, IP telephony and unified communications, wireless/mobility solutions, network and physical security and control over their office environments.

I-Bhd CEO Eu Hong Chew said the company would focus on local markets for its technology solutions services before venturing into other countries in the region.

“We will probably have the first roll out of the iO2 system beyond i-City by early next year,” he told StarBiz in a phone interview.

He said I-Bhd was looking to either invest and provide its solutions to projects undertaken by other developers or license the products to them.

Last edited by nazrey; July 7th, 2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:01 PM   #52
nazrey

MBSA to relax rules to attract foreign investments
Stories by SALINA KHALID
June 24th, 2009

Already open: The first phase of the i-City project has been completed.

THE Shah Alam City Council (MBSA) is going easy on its strict rules on entertainment outlets in the city as part of efforts to attract foreign investors to the knowledge-based i-City development project.

With such a policy in place, Shah Alam residents may, within the next few years, see the city’s first cinema with the approval for the facilities having been granted.

The cinema is part of the final phase of the i-City, which comprises a shopping mall and a citywalk which are scheduled to be completed in 2015. The intelligent centre is located at Section 7 of the state capital.

“We are making an exemption for the i-City to encourage international companies and franchisors to invest in the intelligent centre,” Shah Alam mayor Mazalan Md Noor said.

“But they still have to adhere to the existing rules and regulations, especially on the operating hours,” he said.

According to Mazalan, the i-City had been conferred the International Park status by the Selangor government in October last year, allowing it to operate entertainment and lifestyle outlets such as cinemas and theatres, bowling alleys, family theme parks, restaurant and clubs.

He said although the International Park status also allowed restaurants in the i-City to sell liquor, this was not an automatic blanket maxim but subject to approval by the MBSA.

“In principle, we are going easy on the ruling for them, but it does not mean that it is automatic permission. The operators still have to apply for permits and we will look into their cases to make sure that they abide to the guidelines,” he said.

Mazalan said he hoped that the move would serve as a catalyst in boosting the development in the state capital.

“We hope the i-City, with its modern infrastructure and high-tech facilities, will function effectively as the city’s knowledged-based centre,” he said.

“We want the i-City to be an icon for the city and hopefully will be emulated in other areas of the city,” he said.

Shah Alam, with about 90% its population being Muslims, has always been strict on the entertainment outlets, with cinemas, pubs and snooker centres being banned.

But the city is a beautiful place to live, with its many natural parks and a handsome lake too. Traffic chaos is also almost unheard of in this garden city of orchids.

Having a cinema and other modern high-tech facilities in the i-City will complement the other cultural and recreational elements available in Shah Alam.

Residents and visitors can enjoy regular cultural activities at the Laman Budaya and soon watch theatre performances at the Shah Alam Royale Theatre.

“We are also processing applications from karaoke centres, so the residents will soon be able to enjoy that too,” Mazalan said.

Allowing the cinema to operate in the city has received mixed responses and reactions from the Shah Alam residents. Even the city councillors are split on the matter.

While some people agree with relaxing the rules, others feel that the city should maintain its sober identity, with no entertainment outlets.

“All the while we did not have any such outlets and this is what the residents want. Having such facilities would not make Shah Alam any better and might even result in negative influences and impacts, especially among our youths,” said Datin Nor’ini Md Top, a councillor in charge of Section 7.

“So I do feel that we should stick to the the status quo - no cinema,” she said.

Nor’ini said the MBSA should not make an exception to the i-City centre as other similar developments would also demand to be given similar concessions.

She felt that the authority should not bend the rules just to encourage more foreign investors to come and start their business at the i-City.

“Why do we have to sacrifice our own culture and ethics just for the sake of encouraging foreign investors?

“Unless the operator could ensure that they would only conduct constructive and educating activities, I believe we should stand by what the residents want,” Nor’ini said.

Councillor Ang Leng Kiat said the MBSA would have to make sure that the i-City operators provide healthy activities for the people.

Ang said it was only fair to seek the views of the residents on what they wanted.

“We are serving the people and if they want a cinema, then they should have it,” he said.

“But we have to make sure that the cinema operator adhere to our rules and regulations,” Ang said.

Adnan Jamburi said that relaxing the rules would be a boost the development and property value in the city.

He said the move would bring in foreign investors to the city, which was needed especially during the current economic slowdown.
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #53
nazrey

Police To Start Safety Plans For I-City Early
July 07, 2009 21:13 PM

SHAH ALAM, July 7 (Bernama) -- Selangor police hope to implement an advance plan to ensure the safety of residents and workers at the upcoming I-City development in Section 7 here.

Selangor police chief Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar said the city, being developed on a 29-hectare site, complete with information and communication technology, will have about 50,000 residents when completed in 2015.

He added that since work on a 2.4-hectare site from the total area of the project, expected to be cost RM2 billion, had already started with about 200 workers on site, safety measures need to be introduced early.

"We need to start planning from now since we were made to understand that a site has been allocated to build a police station within the city," he told reporters after being briefed of the project during his visit to the site here Tuesday.

He said the exact location of the I-City police station and how it will be build, would be discussed with the developer, I-Bhd.

Khalid in welcoming the initiative by the developer to provide facilities, said the funds to build the police station will be the responsibility of the Federal government.

He added that I-Bhd deputy chief executive chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong had informed him that they (I-Bhd) would donate a van to be used as a temporary mobile police station.

To ensure safety at the I-City site, police will beef up patrol in the area and connect the closed circuit television (CCTV) that had been installed at the site to the Shah Alam police station, he said.

Khalid said once the project was completed, police hope to introduce a "Community Policing" programme that will allow residents to assist the police in combating crime.

The I-City project when completed will be equipped with fiber optic cables, a data centre, office blocks, recreation area, restaurants and a park for workers and visitors.

-- BERNAMA
Old July 8th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #54
nazrey

I-City Mall
> http://www.saa.com.my

[img]http://www.**************/show/2009/07/02/12/51/4273938_537x1130.JPG[/img]
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:10 AM   #55
nazrey

New police station to serve i-City
Friday July 10, 2009

Strategic alliance: Selangor Police Chief Deputy Commissioner of Police Datuk
Khalid Abu Bakar (front row, third from left) and IBerhad deputy executive
chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong (in suit).

TENANTS and visitors to Malaysia’s premier digital city in Section 7, Shah Alam, will be conducting their business with an added sense of security.

The Shah Alam police is planning a new police station at the western boundary of i-City, which will enable them to respond to calls within a minute and offer 24-hour patrol.

Other safety services, such as ambulance and fire brigade, will respond within 15 minutes of any call from i-City.

In the interim, the security measures planned by the police include linking the current CCTV surveillance in i-City to the Shah Alam police station.

Apart from having patrols from i-City, the police also plans to train i-City in-house security staff.

In today’s competitive environ-ment, a safe and secure zone is an additional competitive edge for i-City, and the strategic alliance with the Polis DiRaja Malaysia (PDRM) is an important feature in ensuring i-City can compete to attract international investors to Malaysia.

The digital city is designed to be managed as one large complex with a controlled tenant mix.

There is CCTV surveillance as well as patrolling guards.

The Concierge in i-City serves both as a meeting point and a one-stop centre.

From a master planning perspective, i-City is bordered on three sides by either a river or housing.

Only the western border is open, but there is a 30.5m-wide (100ft-wide) buffer between this boundary and the main MBSA road.

The site is accessed by a main boulevard with only two entry points, so although it is not a gated community, the development easy security controls.

The project caters for two communities — the knowledge workers and the tourists.

In line with this, there are two major components in the development, i.e. the managed offices and the tourism components.

The office component comprises the MSC cybercentre offices, office towers, data centres and the related infrastructure, while the tourism component comprises the shopping mall, citywalk and media hub.

However, both the knowledge workers and tourists will have many similar requirements.

First, there is a need for i-City to operate round the clock seven days a week as many of the operations have international linkages.

Furthermore, as a tourism destination, i-City has to operate all year round and till late into the night.

Secondly, both the offices and tourism components cater for the international community, for which cosmopolitan outlets and other entertainment facilities like cinemas are integral to their lifestyle.

Then, there is the atmosphere of the place.

Thus within i-City, both the workforce and visitors would want a safe and comfortable environment, both in terms of personal safety and the security of their assets.

And, even more importantly, for i-City Data Centre Park, the operations not only require restricted access but have also to be secured against info-security risks.

The development’s infrastructure is based on the Cisco Connected Real Estate solutions. Cisco is the leading network services in the world from both the technology and data security perspectives.
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #56
nazrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Shah Alam set to be most liveable knowledge city
Monday October 15, 2007
Property Talk: A weekly column by S.C. Cheah

MOST city dwellers yearn to live and work in a city free from traffic jams and pollution with plenty of job opportunities, where the cost of living is low and lots of greenery.

In Malaysia, Ipoh would appeal to many retirees as property prices there are relatively cheaper with cost of living lower while Penang has retained some of its old world charm although the island is getting very congested.

However, for those wishing to be part of the K-economy in the country and where they may stand a better chance of finding jobs and still live in a fairly peaceful and green city, Shah Alam is the preferred city to live and work as many people are rather tired of the traffic jams in Kuala Lumpur or Petaling Jaya.

Just as Melbourne was once voted the “most liveable city” in the world, Shah Alam may in the near future be known as the “most liveable knowledge city” in Malaysia.

Shah Alam is still relatively peaceful with few high-rise buildings with plenty of greenery. However, the lack of entertainment like cinemas and shopping centres has given the city a laid-back image.

A recent market survey by Research Inc Asia showed that most Shah Alam residents would like to see their shops and restaurants open for longer houses as well as larger shopping centres and new cinemas.

The survey also noted that: “Shah Alam could potentially have 69% of its residents spending more time in their home city, if more leisure opportunities were available”.

Hence - the initiative by I-Bhd to develop the RM2bil i-City in Section 7, Shah Alam - is seen as an ambitious move but one that could help turn Shah Alam into a knowledge city.

The importance of this development can be seen from a recent study mission led by Shah Alam mayor Mazalan Mohd Noor to Shanghai to see what makes that city tick that might also help to shape the proposed Shah Alam ICT (information and communications technology) Zone where the freehold 72-acre i-City would be located.

The mayor also saw how China has managed to develop successful models in handling foreign direct investments within its socio-cultural context and this could also be adapted to suit Shah Alam.

Mazalan had said the Shanghai mission was also to source for possible ICT investments to Shah Alam from China.

“We are not just focusing on ICT investors from the west, we are also looking at China and the rest of Asia, as the ICT sector has become global. We want to make Shah Alam the Bangalore of Malaysia,” he added.

Bangalore is today one of Asia's fastest growing cosmopolitan city and is regarded as India's “Silicon Valley” boasting many scientific and research and development facilities.

Besides creating jobs for 50,000 knowledge workers, the ICT Zone will enable a transfer of skill sets and there will be increased economic activities for Shah Alam.

The value of properties will be enhanced and the Selangor state government and the Shah Alam City Council will also gain in terms of higher revenue.

There will also be an international stature for Shah Alam and Selangor will be able to maintain its position as the leading investment location in the country.

According to I-Bhd feedback from a group of investment bankers who were instrumental in linking i-City with foreign investors was that the proposed Shah Alam ICT Zone was in line with the requirements of these investors.

“We have accelerated i-City's development from the original 10-year period to within five years as suggested by Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Khir Toyo.

“We cannot rely on the local market demand for ICT offices rather we have to market i-City as a global office address to the international ICT community,” the company added.

For latest Bursa Malaysia indices, charts and other information click here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
On-Site Progress

Old August 9th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #57
nazrey

i-City Shah Alam
by okkut

Old August 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #58