daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 11th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #61
nazrey

Likes (Received): 10720

Selangor talking to Silicon Valley players
November 11, 2009

SHAH ALAM: The Selangor government is in discussion with Silicone Valley in California to further develop the state’s I-City project here.

Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim revealed this during the tabling of the state’s 2010 Budget at the State Assembly yesterday.

According to Khalid, the discussion with the Silicon Valley parties revolved around the implementation of the “plug and play” system for I-City.

“The RM2bil I-City project will be the nation’s first digital community,” he said.

On another matter, Khalid told the assembly that it would be best for Malaysia to establish an Independent Grants Commission like that in Canada and Australia, where financial distribution was not based on political affiliation but developmental needs.

He said although Selangor gave the Federal Government RM16bil annually, the state received only RM408.26mil for development this year.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #62
nazrey

UPDATE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAH FIRDAUS View Post
i-City Main Entrance

Old January 27th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #63
nazrey

Development of i-City enters 2nd phase this year
By Rupinder Singh Published: 2010/01/28

THE second phase of I-Berhad's (4251) integrated commercial development in Shah Alam, Selangor, is expected to kick off later this year, its top executive said.

Chief executive officer Eu Hong Chew said the phase covering 3.64ha has a gross development value (GDV) of over RM150 million.

It will offer between 300,000 sq ft and 400,000 sq ft of office space. The construction cost will be between RM30 million and RM40 million and completion is due in 2013.

"The idea behind phase two will be to support (a) technopreneur campus concept," Eu told reporters after a visit by former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad to i-City yesterday.

i-City is a 29ha RM2 billion project that boasts broadband speed of 20Mbps, with fibre optics network and a back-up power supply.
The first phase, comprising 6.1ha of land with 500,000 sq ft of office space, is now 60 per cent occupied.

I-Bhd plans to complete the Cybercentre office suites, also known as CityWalk South, during the second phase.

It plans to build office towers and a one million sq ft shopping mall in future phases as well.

According to Eu, i-City aims to attract Silicon Valley based companies that are looking to expand overseas.

Apart from i-City having a technologically advanced state-of-the-art infrastructure, the Selangor state government also will focus on other elements of the Silicon Valley-like ecosystem.

This includes developing the entrepreneurial talent pool, organising programmes to connect entrepreneurs with venture capital partners and getting universities to play a higher level of support for industries.

"They have the business model and technology but may not be relevant in this market. So, they are looking for joint venture partners to localise for them so that when they go for an initial public offering their value will be higher," he said.

Old February 3rd, 2010, 08:26 PM   #64
nazrey

Information Ministry To Promote I-City
February 01, 2010 23:42 PM

SHAH ALAM, Feb 1 (Bernama) -- Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM) will soon air a special documentary to promote i-City, the 29-hectare digital township here, as a new tourist destination.

Information Communication and Culture Deputy Minister Senator Heng Seai Kie said the special programme to be aired through RTM's Galeri Perdana programme, was also to facilitate the development and promotion of the country's information and communication technology (ICT) industry.

"Apart from promoting i-City as a new tourist destination, we will inform the locals and foreigners that i-City is also a preferred spot in terms of festive decorations, which are done in line with the 1Malaysia concept," she said after attending the special press preview of i-City's Chinese New Year Oriental Digital Lights Festival showcase, here Monday night.

Heng said there were many opportunities for i-City to work together with various agencies under the ministry to promote the tourism industry and to support the development of the multimedia industry in Malaysia.

"I would like to state that i-City is an ideal model for the ministry if ever we (ministry) plan to centralise all the agencies and departments in one location.

"I think there are opportunities for the ministry to work closely with i-City to see how we can learn from its experience and even possibly tap into its infrastructure and facilities."

She said i-City which aimed to be a world-class cybercentre, would be the first privately-initiated MSC (multimedia super corridor) cybercentre to be established in Shah Alam, the Selangor state capital, after the then Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi announced in December 2006 that the entire Klang Valley would be part of the MSC.

Asked on the national-level Chinese New Year open house this year, Heng said Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim would announce the date, time and venue for the event after the Cabinet meeting on Wednesday.

-- BERNAMA
Old February 3rd, 2010, 08:28 PM   #65
nazrey

i-City gets required licences from MCMC
Published: 2010/02/03

DIGITAL city, i-City, has received the required licences from the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) that would allow it to operate as a telco-neutral development.

The licences were presented to the developer of i-City by Deputy Minister of Information, Communication and Culture Senator Heng Seai Kie.

The Government established MCMC under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Culture to oversee the regulatory framework for the convergence of telecommunication, broadcasting and online activities, and therefore as the first networked development in the country, i-City naturally comes under the purview of MCMC.

"When i-City development plans were first presented to MCMC a few years ago, we were very supportive as we have a Malaysian developer that is leading the way to implement many of the ideas and concepts that MCMC were set up to regulate. I would like to congratulate i-City for what they have achieved," Heng said.

He commended i-City as a development that has provided the right infrastructure, facilities and services for digital storage and digital distribution, including in the plans to promote i-City as a tourism destination, working on digital lights and digital content.

i-City is a 28.8ha commercial development in Shah Alam where digital technology has been integrated into the fabric of the development, designating i-City as both a MSC Cybercentre as well as a tourism destination.

Under its charter as a MSC Malaysia Cybercentre, i-City needed to be a telco neutral zone. To implement this, it has invested in its own last mile infrastructure

The whole i-City hosts a large Cisco network with both high speed as well as redundant broadband
Old January 3rd, 2017, 01:34 PM   #66
amantpeace
I Heart Malaysia

Likes (Received): 110

Latest Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amantpeace View Post
iCity @ Shah Alam (as at 13 Dec 2016)

amantpeace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 01:35 PM   #67
amantpeace