daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2015, 10:25 PM   #2321
BadHatter

Likes (Received): 419

Yeah, it's a toll motorway to be completed in 2018 from Moscow to St. Petersburg. This section is the Vyshniy Volochek bypass, which allows trucks to bypass the city (was one of the most problematic sections for transit). Here it is on the map (remove spaces sorry I don't have enough posts to post links): https:/ / www .google.com /maps/ @57.5586997,34.5553041,11z
BadHatter no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:10 AM   #2322
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Still nobody answered: Isn't 2+2 extremely low capacity for Solchenogorsk-Zelenograd?

Also; what are they gonna do about M-11-end in Moscow? Will they build a "rokada" to Leningradskoe Shosse?

Last edited by RV; May 22nd, 2015 at 12:18 AM.
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 09:37 AM   #2323
TGrave
Never mind

Likes (Received): 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
Still nobody answered: Isn't 2+2 extremely low capacity for Solchenogorsk-Zelenograd?
Who knows? Personally, I think that for the time it's quite enough. After all, this is a toll motorway and there is an alternative - M10, which is also 2+2 for this part.
So, this toll road just doubles the capacity and I doubt it will be too busy after they start to collect tolls. And anyway, there are plans to expand it to 4+4 in the distant future (there are groundworks left for the expansion like space under overpasses wide enough for 4+4).

BadHatter liked this post
TGrave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 04:40 PM   #2324
rakcancer

Likes (Received): 1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by void0 View Post
One of completed sections of M11, 258km - 334km (opened Nov 2014, 1 yeah ahead of schedule)
Double guard rails - impressive, however I don't see much of service roads. Is this fully motorway according to russian standards?
rakcancer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 03:14 AM   #2325
BadHatter

Likes (Received): 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post

Also; what are they gonna do about M-11-end in Moscow? Will they build a "rokada" to Leningradskoe Shosse?
Maybe, hard to tell. They have built the road so that it is easy to expand in the future, so it shouldn't be too big a deal. The road itself will go through Moscow and out the East side, because it will be the new North-Eastern chord. On openstreetmap, the light blue line that follows this road is an approximation of the future road.

The other end of the chord is the interchange between the MKAD and Kosinskoye Shosse. The North-Eastern chord will follow the railway lines.
Sorry I can't give you links I only have 9 posts :S
BadHatter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 04:16 PM   #2326
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Road construction from Saint-Petersburg toward Pskov (and Belarus)
This section is 31km-54km, approximately from the village of Zaitsevo to Gatchina bypass.
Quote:
Motorway, it is R-23 (or in Russian P-23), old name: M-20
Ok. According to this article it should be as followed:

P23: Zaytsevo – Bolshiye Kolpany 23km (Spring 2014 to 2018) – ? – map

The first, northern stage has a length of 12.419km (source) but the Gatchina bypass (which is not yet completely grade-separated) is also widened to 2x2 up to Bolshiye Kolpany. There's an interchange at the end of the 2nd section which is already u/c.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2015, 06:12 PM   #2327
crazy-driver
BANNED

Likes (Received): 883

Russian road classification. I think they are using only those Cyrillic letters that do exist in Roman alphabet, same as on Russian number plates, although some Cyrillic letters are matching other letters in Roman alphabet, causing confusion.

M - M
P - R
K - K
H - N

Quote:
M - for federal highway connecting Moscow with the capitals of foreign countries and administrative centers of the subjects of the Russian Federation.

P - for federal highways or regional significance, connecting the administrative centers of Russia.

A - for highways federal or regional significance, is the entrance to the largest transport hubs (eg airports), entrance to special objects or entrance from the administrative center of the subject of the Russian Federation, which has no road links with Moscow, to the sea or river ports, airports and railway stations or the borders of other states. Also used for highways, federal highways connecting with each other.

K - for other roads of regional significance.

H - for inter-municipal roads values.
crazy-driver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 03:53 AM   #2328
void0
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2870

ZSD, central part

City panorama and ZSD

http://gelio.livejournal.com/207966.html
Old June 22nd, 2015, 05:42 PM   #2329
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Outstanding photos ZSD is one of the coolest urban motorway projects in Europe.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

void0, golov, Andrej_LJ liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 09:41 PM   #2330
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1823

I guess elevated motorways aren't really built in urban areas in Europe anymore? Usually it's just tunnels: M30 in Madrid, Stockholm bypass etc.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 09:55 PM   #2331
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

They don't seem to make anywhere except Russia Japan and China
Tremendously passé in Nordamerikas for sure.
Old June 25th, 2015, 01:34 PM   #2332
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2657

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
I guess elevated motorways aren't really built in urban areas in Europe anymore? Usually it's just tunnels: M30 in Madrid, Stockholm bypass etc.
Well, Piter have one VERY good reason for elevated motorways.

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.

coth, gunslinger, RV liked this post
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 02:52 PM   #2333
kasiasmr

Likes (Received): 4

new roads open to traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokromes View Post
Well, Piter have one VERY good reason for elevated motorways.
Hi All,

I am doing project about new motorways, expressway sections and local roads in some countries and in Russia too. I don't know any webpages in Russia where i can find current informations about new roads there.
I am searching for informations about roads which have been open to traffic since 2013 to present and new projects/roads with “under construction” status which will be open in future.
I don’t know any official web-pages about infrastructure in those countries so I would like to ask about your help to complete information about new roads with source link of project, pictures, approximate opening date to traffic and maps if it is possible to locate it. Any known information will be really helpful

RHPLUS liked this post
kasiasmr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2015, 06:36 PM   #2334
RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasiasmr View Post
Hi All,

I am doing project about new motorways, expressway sections and local roads in some countries and in Russia too. I don't know any webpages in Russia where i can find current informations about new roads there.
I am searching for informations about roads which have been open to traffic since 2013 to present and new projects/roads with “under construction” status which will be open in future.
I don’t know any official web-pages about infrastructure in those countries so I would like to ask about your help to complete information about new roads with source link of project, pictures, approximate opening date to traffic and maps if it is possible to locate it. Any known information will be really helpful
I would be pleased of a map of the very numerous planned/UC-expressways in Moscow and other major cities, and of course inter-city ones too, in Russia.
Old June 29th, 2015, 06:01 PM   #2335
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2657

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasiasmr View Post
Hi All,

As for piter, this webpage exists: www.spb-projects.ru with a forum http://spb-projects.ru/forum/

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2015, 09:16 PM   #2336
RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokromes View Post
As for piter, this webpage exists: www.spb-projects.ru with a forum http://spb-projects.ru/forum/
A map would be more useful...
Old July 10th, 2015, 10:09 PM   #2337
void0
BANNED

M11 construction

542km
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nov View Post
Строительство платной автомагистрали М11 Москва — Санкт-Петербург. Мытно, Посад. 524 км. 27 июня 2015 года.
http://mikhail.krivyy.com/2015/06/29...rotno-m11-524/

Bridge across Volhov river

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nov View Post
Мост через Волхов. Пересечение с автодорогой Савино — Селище. 538-541 км. 5 июля 2015 года.
http://mikhail.krivyy.com/2015/07/08...ge-2015-07-05/

gunslinger liked this post

Last edited by void0; July 11th, 2015 at 02:31 AM.
void0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2015, 08:38 PM   #2338
ABArch
BANNED

Likes (Received): 40

There is still very little information on the progress of works on the construction of the M11.
I can not find reliable data on the costs and timing of completion of construction.
ABArch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2015, 09:42 PM   #2339
void0
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABArch View Post
There is still very little information on the progress of works on the construction of the M11.
I can not find reliable data on the costs and timing of completion of construction.
MKAD-Solnechnogorsk (43 км) - completed
Solnechogosrk - Tver (91 км) - construction starts soon
Tver bypass (59 км) - design phase
Tver - Vyshniy Volocheck (50 км) - construction starts soon
Vyshniy Volochek bypass (76 км) - completed
Novgorod region (209 км) - active construction
St.Petersburg area (142 км) - construction just started

Last edited by void0; July 12th, 2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:20 PM   #2340
void0
BANNED

75th interchange built in Moscow since 2011

http://sdelanounas.ru/i/d/3/d/d3d3Ln...Q9NjQzNTI=.jpg

Rostov-Azov motorway is going to be opened on 1st of August.
Total length ~20km

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/65244/

A section of federal highway R-120 has been opened in Smolensk region, total length is 10km

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/65197/

Traffic in Moscow has been reduced by 16% due to new road construction.
According to TomTom, Moscow has moved from first place to 4th, after Istanbul, Mexico and Rio.

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/63575/

pai nosso, loloo liked this post

Last edited by void0; July 24th, 2015 at 08:46 AM.

Tags
roads