daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 18th, 2016, 04:54 PM   #2461
TGrave
Never mind

Likes (Received): 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Even if it cost $11.5 mln/km(and it'll cost more),
Where do you get this number? Yes, roads in Russia are not cheap, but this number is just wrong.

I have seen this number (and all newspapers had repeated it without checking) a few years ago - and even then it was perfectly clear that the number is wrong. Some politician had divided the annual sum that was spent for roads by the number of kilometers built and got this number - about $12 mln per km. But he "forgot" that only a part of all money was spent on the building, the total sum also included repairs and reconstructions, and that all the roads that had been built were different, so the price he calculated was for a kilometer of some abstract unknown road. In other words wrongly calculated and not suitable for any comparisions.

And there are other subtleties that are being forgotten quite often - like the fact that infrastructure projects in Russia include not just roads, but much more things (like planting of greenery) than in many other countries where they are being done by separate contracts.

So, the actual price of kilometer in Russia is not much larger then in other countries. In fact it may become even cheaper (in dollars) because of current exchange rate.

Though, in fact, even if the price would be blown to $11.5 or more mln per km, it's not an impossible sum for Russia. $5.1 bln is about 5% of what the Federal Road Fund had spent in 2015.

Ярик1010 liked this post

Last edited by TGrave; January 18th, 2016 at 05:05 PM.
TGrave no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2016, 08:41 AM   #2462
ukraroad

Likes (Received): 104

I mean that according to plans they want to reconstruct the former H19 from Yalta to Sevastopol into a motorway, which is impossible because the road now(1x1 of excellent quality) occupies all the place. Below there are only cliffs, so are above, and they are so steep they are maybe at 70 degrees from horizontal plain. Trust me, the Crimean mountains at their southern side from Yalta to maybe Tylovoe or a bit later are not space-friendly. The only option for them is to build a tunnel, which will blow the sum into cosmos. Or to leave the road alone without completion.
The E105 from Perevalnoe to Yalta are also very hard accesible. Remember that parts of the Crimean Mountains from the southern side are the reserves, so construction will require additional documents, or be banned at all. Then the continuous villages along the road from Alushta to Yalta, and from Nikita that impass terrain again(or at the cost of a lot of buildings and some vineyards)(again a tunnel)... I lived there. They would have rather rebuilt H06(Simferopol-Bakhchisaray-Sevastopol). The terrain there is quite easy, and certainly much better than the one on E105 to Yalta.
The motorway to Yalta will make it a continuous traffic jam(which was in 2010, speeds normally being below 20 km/h), and is not feasible at all, as it requres the destruction of tons of buildings, immense sums on rebuying one's land on the way(all the land btw Partenit and Tylnoye which might be accessible to the road construction is private), and the dramatic change of landscape(unless they gonna build tons of tunnels). I estimate the price of the Simferopol-Yalta-Sevastopol section at $26 mln/km(with bureaucracy procedures, building itself, workprice+rebuilding of other roads near it)

Last edited by ukraroad; January 19th, 2016 at 08:49 AM.
ukraroad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2016, 09:33 AM   #2463
TGrave
Never mind

Likes (Received): 845

Quote:
I mean that according to plans they want to reconstruct the former H19 from Yalta to Sevastopol into a motorway
Ok, I understand what you want to say, and I agree - converting those roads to motorways could be... not impossible, but certainly not cheap.

But I did not find any proofs that those roads on the South Shore would be remade into motorways. As far as I understand the motorway will be from Kerch to Simferopol and then to Sevastopol. All the other roads will be just reconstructed. A couple of renders confirm it - as you can see there are some roads that don't look like motorways, but have better infrastructure - parking places, sightseeing points... And I had seen those roads a few years ago - I don't know about their current state, but they certainly needed reconstruction.

That said, one of the renders shows a new tunnel - for the part of the road that would be converted to a motorway obviously. So, yes, some parts can be quite costly. On the other hand the greater part of the road from Kerch to Simferopol would be cheap - it goes through dry plains mostly, converting this into a motorway would not be a problem and would not cost much.

Ярик1010, BadHatter liked this post

Last edited by TGrave; January 19th, 2016 at 09:50 AM.
TGrave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2016, 01:30 PM   #2464
ukraroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-driver View Post
Kerch bridge construction

300km motorway construction Kerch-Sevastopol should start spring this year.
A lot of investments should go into service infrastructure, to make it more attractive for tourists.
See the quote at the end of @crazy-driver
Old January 19th, 2016, 02:11 PM   #2465
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6998

Quote:
I mean that according to plans they want to reconstruct the former H19 from Yalta to Sevastopol into a motorway, which is impossible because the road now(1x1 of excellent quality) occupies all the place. Below there are only cliffs, so are above, and they are so steep they are maybe at 70 degrees from horizontal plain. Trust me, the Crimean mountains at their southern side from Yalta to maybe Tylovoe or a bit later are not space-friendly. The only option for them is to build a tunnel, which will blow the sum into cosmos. Or to leave the road alone without completion.
The E105 from Perevalnoe to Yalta are also very hard accesible. Remember that parts of the Crimean Mountains from the southern side are the reserves, so construction will require additional documents, or be banned at all. Then the continuous villages along the road from Alushta to Yalta, and from Nikita that impass terrain again(or at the cost of a lot of buildings and some vineyards)(again a tunnel)... I lived there. They would have rather rebuilt H06(Simferopol-Bakhchisaray-Sevastopol). The terrain there is quite easy, and certainly much better than the one on E105 to Yalta.
The motorway to Yalta will make it a continuous traffic jam(which was in 2010, speeds normally being below 20 km/h), and is not feasible at all, as it requres the destruction of tons of buildings, immense sums on rebuying one's land on the way(all the land btw Partenit and Tylnoye which might be accessible to the road construction is private), and the dramatic change of landscape(unless they gonna build tons of tunnels). I estimate the price of the Simferopol-Yalta-Sevastopol section at $26 mln/km(with bureaucracy procedures, building itself, workprice+rebuilding of other roads near it)
Ever heard of terraforming, tunnels, bridges, bypasses? You can easily cut off the climb.

RV liked this post
coth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 01:26 PM   #2466
Ale92Milano_SpA
BANNED

Likes (Received): 224

Driving through Sverdlovsk Oblast (Russia) from Rassokha to Yekaterinburg 27.12.2015 Timelapse x4

loloo, ukraroad liked this post
Ale92Milano_SpA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2016, 03:50 PM   #2467
crazy-driver
BANNED

Likes (Received): 883

Kerch bridge construction at full speed now

Luki_SL, solomun, EdgarsSTAR, ukraroad, Maks33 and 3 others liked this post
crazy-driver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2016, 01:18 PM   #2468
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
Ever heard of terraforming, tunnels, bridges, bypasses? You can easily cut off the climb.

Just hire a Chinese or Spanish constructor and all will be ready in 2 years with extravagant bridges and tunnels, which can be built also above the actual good-quality-road - the latter one just needs to be converted into a one-direction 2-lane-carriageway.
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #2469
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by -z View Post
Massive freeway project in Moscow. North-East Chorda.

No Greens deciding on traffic issues there as in Helsinki Magnificent!

FabriFlorence liked this post
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2016, 10:16 PM   #2470
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2657

More ZSD:

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.

BadHatter liked this post
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2016, 10:31 PM   #2471
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

More ZSD:

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.

BadHatter, solomun liked this post
Old April 17th, 2016, 07:57 PM   #2472
golov
Democracy above all

Likes (Received): 1913

Nice video of ZSD construction in Saint Petersburg

Maks33, void0, Fooxx67 liked this post
golov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 06:32 PM   #2473
Fooxx67

Likes (Received): 58

great video and very impresive project
Fooxx67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2016, 04:01 PM   #2474
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Russia starts construction of Black Sea Ring Road (2nd June 2016)

Quote:
Russia has initiated the construction and reconstruction of roads within the framework of international project aimed at creation of a single transport ring around the Black Sea.
This is what the head of the Transport Ministry of Russia, Maxim Sokolov, said on Wednesday in Sochi at a meeting of the Transport Ministers of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation member states.
According to him, Russian road section along the coastline amounts to 280 km. The work is being already carried out at the 113th kilometer.
The single network will have the length of over 7,000 km with branches to big Black Sea cities.
All states having the access to the Black Sea participate in the project. These are Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Greece, Moldavia, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Serbia and Ukraine.

http://russianconstruction.com
http://www.blacksearing.org/

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2016, 09:11 PM   #2475
ukraroad

Albania, Armenia and Moldavia? I think the journalist had a 2 in Geography in school. I doubt it whether Ukraine and Georgia will participate, too.
Why not People's Republic of Donetsk and Abkhazia, by the way? They have access, too.
Old June 12th, 2016, 11:01 PM   #2476
sotonsi

Moldova doesn't have a coastline, but it has a deep sea port at Giurgiuleşti on the Danube not far from the coast. As such the route would be easier with a ~3km stretch in Moldova (though they look like going via Chisinau, with a spur to Ismail). The current main road clips Moldova twice (though the Odessa-Reni motorway plans bypass the northern one of those, cutting across an inlet) - a ~2km stretch at Giurgiuleşti and a ~8k stretch at Palanca.

The lowest viable place for a motorway to cross the Danube (taking into account environmental issues, shipping issues, political issues, and practical issues) is in Romania, and therefore Moldova is a totally legitimate partner on this.

Armenia, Azerbaijan, Serbia (is the nearly-complete Nis-Sofia motorway just designed to grab all the funding - obviously it's important, including for access to the Black Sea, but it's on about a dozen corridors) and Greece (given their bit opened ages ago, what do they get out of it?), shouldn't really be there. Albania doesn't even border a country with a Black Sea coastline, so that's the height of oddness (and the corridor it has is part of the Adriatic Motorway)!
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2016, 10:20 AM   #2477
ukraroad

What will happen to the corridor if a bridge is constructed here? Even though it is unlikely in near perspectives, still I wonder what happens.
Old June 13th, 2016, 12:45 PM   #2478
roaddor

Likes (Received): 5513

As far as Bulgaria is concerned, the route makes no sense at all. It should definitely pass along the Black Sea coast around the ports of Varna and Burgas, not so deeply inland. So the route is Odessa-Orlivka/Isaccea (the right place to cross Danube)-Constanta-Varna-Burgas-O3 motorway to Istanbul. Moreover the map for the BSRH is completely outdated and brings no value.

PP: Serbia, as part of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation, is building its highway (which has nothing to do with the ring by the way) from Nish to SRB/BG border, from there to Sofia Bulgaria has not started to construct its highway yet.
roaddor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #2479
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Quote:
What will happen to the corridor if a bridge is constructed here? Even though it is unlikely in near perspectives, still I wonder what happens.
I supose the bridge must be high enough for all ships using the corridor or at least mobile bridge.

Old June 13th, 2016, 04:59 PM   #2480
roaddor

Likes (Received): 5513

I don't think the height is such an issue. The bridge will be a standard one, which also allows the sea ships to pass beneath and go to the ports of Reni and Galati. This route, however, along the western coast of the Black Sea, shortens the distance Istanbul-Odessa by some 300km instead of surrounding through Haskovo (BG), Bucharest and Chisinau. That's why it is worth having the highway ring shifted to the sea.
roaddor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
roads