daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2016, 02:55 PM   #2581
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2082

If you reduce the military spending, plenty of moneys for roads construction would be available. But this is not the case so far.

GROBIN liked this post
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2016, 03:38 PM   #2582
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

Also worth noting that Russia builds to a 150kph inter city speed limit which means very high standard alignments.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 03:50 PM   #2583
letranger

Likes (Received): 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Also worth noting that Russia builds to a 150kph inter city speed limit which means very high standard alignments.
Where are you from? Just google pictures "russian roads" and behold those high standards. I see them everyday (standards))

Kanadzie liked this post
letranger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 04:12 PM   #2584
masala

Likes (Received): 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by letranger View Post
Where are you from? Just google pictures "russian roads" and behold those high standards. I see them everyday (standards))
"russian roads" is just a mem
First link in google, infamous Lena highway in Yakitia few years ago, it looks now completely different
masala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 11:36 PM   #2585
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
He is referring to newly-built motorways.

X236K liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2016, 01:00 AM   #2586
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

Quote:
Of course I mean roads like the M11 ......and the very first thing my 7 year old knew what to search for on Youtube was "Russian Dashcam" ...for in between Top Gear and bedtime.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 08:19 AM   #2587
BadHatter

Likes (Received): 419

On future motorway construction, Russia needs a grid like network in the European part that ends somewhere at the Urals. The M11-M4 is the first axis in this grid. The second axis should be a highway that follows the Volga from Mahachkala/Astrahan all the way to Kazan. There should be at least two roads going west-east south of Moscow, like Krasnodar to Volgograd and voronezh - Saratov. There should be one main west- east artery (from Belarus and Moscow to Kazan, Ufa and Chelyabinsk). At Ufa this motorway connects to a motorway from samara for easier access to the trans-Volga. The last major piece of essential motorway construction should be to upgrade the road between Chelyabinsk and Yekaterinburg (it's already 2x2 with median for the majority of the trip, just needs proper exits and a short stretch of construction), with a possible extension to Orenburg and Kazakhstan. These are just my dreams

Ajakran, RV liked this post
BadHatter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2016, 11:00 PM   #2588
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHatter View Post
On future motorway construction, Russia needs a grid like network in the European part that ends somewhere at the Urals. The M11-M4 is the first axis in this grid. The second axis should be a highway that follows the Volga from Mahachkala/Astrahan all the way to Kazan. There should be at least two roads going west-east south of Moscow, like Krasnodar to Volgograd and voronezh - Saratov. There should be one main west- east artery (from Belarus and Moscow to Kazan, Ufa and Chelyabinsk). At Ufa this motorway connects to a motorway from samara for easier access to the trans-Volga. The last major piece of essential motorway construction should be to upgrade the road between Chelyabinsk and Yekaterinburg (it's already 2x2 with median for the majority of the trip, just needs proper exits and a short stretch of construction), with a possible extension to Orenburg and Kazakhstan. These are just my dreams
I thought the official plan for 2030 is something like that?
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 09:34 PM   #2589
LegendMeadow

Likes (Received): 2

Dober. Wow, that first pic looks like somewhere in Pennsylvania, not Russia. And second picture looks like anywhere in New Jersey.
LegendMeadow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2017, 05:41 AM   #2590
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2654

A lot of photos around ZSD:

http://www.liveinternet.ru/showalljo...ame=%E7%F1%E4/

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.

Ices77, Zaz965 liked this post
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2017, 10:04 AM   #2591
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2654

North Ossetia from Roki Tunnel:

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.

Maks33, BadHatter liked this post
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2017, 01:53 PM   #2592
Ale92Milano_SpA
BANNED

Likes (Received): 224

Driving through Sverdlovsk Oblast (Russia) from Rassokha to Yekaterinburg 4.01.2017 Timelapse x4

Ices77, X236K, Zaz965 liked this post
Ale92Milano_SpA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 05:33 AM   #2593
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

Renumbering of Roads in Crimea by the government of Republic of Crimea

What these mean is, the first one is basically just 35A-001, then 35A-002, etc.

Basic format is 35X-###. There's 4 classes, 35A, 35K, 35P, and 35H.

There's only one road in the class 35P.
There's 5 roads 35A, 24 roads 35k.
635 roads 35H. The 35H class is the only one where all the 3 digits are used.

Full list here
link

Maks33, Avangard-55 liked this post
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:03 AM   #2594
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

Russian Expressway plan, published July 2014 by GazPromBank

That was only a few months after Crimean Annexation. Not sure if the plans would include extending the Novorossiysk Project across the straight to Simferopol or Sevastopol or not.

Also a plan for Russian Railways (not related to the thread)

Source

EasySeven, devo, GmoRioJaneiro, Zaz965 liked this post
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2017, 09:20 AM   #2595
BadHatter

Likes (Received): 419

According to rumors, the newly proposed North Krasnodar Bypass (toll road part of M4) is planned to be extended towards the new bridge.
Old February 18th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #2596
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6998

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFZANMNIM View Post
Also a plan for Russian Railways (not related to the thread)
Rapid is 160 kmph.

Zaz965 liked this post
coth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:50 AM   #2597
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7704

Construction of Kerch bridge "access roads" has kicked-off, namely the Tavrida highway which will eventually span across Crimea, from Kerch to the home of the Black Sea fleet, Sevastopol..

Google-translated...

Quote:
The first section, "Tavrida" federal highway laid on Wednesday in the Crimea. From the point of beginning of the construction to the bridge ten kilometers. From this point the road workers started to work in two directions - in the direction of the future of the bridge, and deep into the peninsula.

"Tauris" route will run away from villages with a large number of people, bypassing populated areas and protected places in the Crimea. The main advantage of the road will speed characteristics, can be dispersed to 140 kilometers per hour. This figure, which corresponds to the first category roads.

It will be four-lane highway with a speed separation barrier. For security all over outdoor lighting provided. The route will pass through the entire peninsula: Kerch, Feodosia, Simferopol, Bakhchisarai. The most western point of the road will be Sevastopol.

In parallel with the laying of the roadway and installing signs for drivers on construction sites and even hang up the webcam to the erection of the federal highway, everyone could watch in real time. The first images from these cameras began to be broadcast today on the Internet.

And in the Kerch Strait are preparing for the construction of the main elements of the bridge - a 35-meter shipping arches. Below it will be able to seamlessly run any, even very large ships. Together with the introduction of the motion and start on the road "Tauris" in the operation of the Crimean Bridge. United Way of mainland Russia will be opened in the heart of the Crimea as early as next year.

Kunagi, Zaz965, BadHatter liked this post
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 12:51 AM   #2598
Ices77

Likes (Received): 867

Well, aside from politics, I am sure there are quite a few interesting projects. How about this four lane road near Smolensk for example, guys, are there going to be some prolongations, dividing lane, future plans?

Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 10:32 AM   #2599
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Such roads are common between Moscow and some mayor cities. They have mostly level intersections, traffic lamps, speed cameras, and go often through villages and towns. Of course some parts are also real expressways with controlled access.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 12:09 AM   #2600
Ices77

Likes (Received): 867

R120 Oriol - Smolensk

Yes, you are right.

Anyway, I found something. There is a Russian documentary Russian roads (Dorogi Rosii) on youtube. R120 (P120 in Russian), road Oriol Smolensk border, with about 445 km lenght is under reconstruction for four years, or at least was, when the documentary has been published, at the end of 2016. The reconstruction comprised new layer, bridges reconstruction, some bypasses, some of them four laned, level crossings, etc, average AADT on the route was about 30000. In video is described also the technique of the reconstruction. According to my observation, about 10 percent of the route, or 40 km is four laned, even expressway like. In video there is even described official competition between construction guys, in 3:35.

Maks33, Zaz965, BadHatter liked this post

Last edited by Ices77; April 13th, 2017 at 01:16 AM. Reason: typo
Ices77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
roads