daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 16th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #1041
RV

Likes (Received): 275

Западный скоростной диаметр << what is this road? Could anyone show a map with its location?
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #1042
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2294

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
Западный скоростной диаметр << what is this road? Could anyone show a map with its location?
http://www.centrpl812.ru/kad/kad.jpg from junction #2 to #17.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #1043
void0
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2870

"ZSD" construction

void0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #1044
golov
Democracy above all

Likes (Received): 1913

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetz View Post
It would be nice if people showed a map of the road/bridge along with the pictures. Because most people have no idea where f.e. that bridge in Vladivostok is.
Very good idea

There will be a series of roads and bridges built in the near future through the city, as well as connecting nearby cities such as Ussuriysk and Nakhodka

The first bridge is to island Russky which you can barely see in the bottom left corner. There are two bridges planned, the one under construction is the rightmost one. The island is not hugely populated at the moment and has a large military presence. This will all change in the next few years. Russky will host residential, business facilities as well as the Far East Federal University

The other bridge is more important for the immediate infrastructure needs of the city and is built accross the Golden Horn bay - the one that cuts through the center of the city.

Another bridge accross the vast but shallow bay north of Vladivostok will look like this

golov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #1045
golov
Democracy above all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Vladivostok was once called an environmental disaster zone with very high concentrations of unhealthy materials. I don't think building a couple of big bridges is gonna change that, but it does have potential considering the unique location of Vladivostok.
I am sure there is some pollution due to the soviet industrial and military hub legacy. There are plans to move out heavy industry from the center of the city and redevelop the area
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #1046
golov
Democracy above all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majevčan View Post
Well done Russia

Vladivostok as I predict it willl evolve into one of Russia's top cities considering its great location
I sure hope so, check out this potential:

Old October 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #1047
void0
BANNED

Far-East forests from above look like jungles.
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #1048
golov
Democracy above all

The flora and fauna in the southern Far East is very rich. I know that in the southern Kurils and around Vladivostok you have elements of subtropical climate like lianas and other plants. The far east is also home to Amur Tigers and Leopards
Old October 16th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #1049
bleetz
one.man.army

Likes (Received): 396

Good stuff, thanks for the info, golov. These projects sure are very impressive. It is great that Vladivostok has that massive undeveloped island right next to it. It gives it a lot of space for expansion. Hopefully they build something really cool there, I always wanted to visit Vladivostok myself.

Wikipedia states that the bridge to Russky island will be the longest cable-stayed bridge in the world once complete at 1104 meters. The distance doesn't look as large in the photo. Must be due to the zoom.

How long will that third bridge be? 18.5 km? Though I guess that one will be more like an elevated road rather than a proper bridge due to the shallowness of the bay.

There also seems to be a second bridge to the Russky island in the general plan. I assume that is not approved yet?
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #1050
BlackShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetz View Post
There also seems to be a second bridge to the Russky island in the general plan. I assume that is not approved yet?
The second bridge is not necessary in the nearest future (10-20 years), because Russky island is empty and only Far East Federal University, which is constructing on the island, will not bring heavy traffic.

Many Vladovostok inhabitants doubt in nesessarity of the first bridge to the island (it's too expensive project only for APEC 2012 summit), so there is no reason to dream about other bridges to this island.
BlackShark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #1051
Majevčan
Српски Форум

Likes (Received): 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Vladivostok was once called an environmental disaster zone with very high concentrations of unhealthy materials. I don't think building a couple of big bridges is gonna change that, but it does have potential considering the unique location of Vladivostok.
I know that quite a couple of cities in Russia are plagued with old soviet industry etc and I didn't say that a pair of bridges will change anything...just thta Vladivostok, considering its unique location (near South Korea, japan, China, etc) will have perfect trading chances, which will lead to a transformation from 'dirty heavy industry' to a cleaner one. Give it some 20-30 years and it will be unrecognizable. For me personally Vladivostok has the chances of becoming some sort of 'russian Seattle'.
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #1052
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3446

St Peterburg's ring looks amazin indeed, but all those lightening things - looks like giant waste of energy to me. why are they placed so densely?
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #1053
Grisent

Likes (Received): 1

ЗСД looks pretty cool. By the way, is this some new standard exit sign ("съезд"), in the middle of this picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by void0 View Post
Grisent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #1054
void0
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisent View Post
ЗСД looks pretty cool. By the way, is this some new standard exit sign ("съезд"), in the middle of this picture?
Yes, standard, but pretty useless. Both ZSD and KAD have bad sign navigation.
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #1055
void0
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
St Peterburg's ring looks amazin indeed, but all those lightening things - looks like giant waste of energy to me. why are they placed so densely?
Don't know, maybe using less powerful lamps. This will be a toll road and should be of the better standards.
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #1056
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2654

I must say i like how the lightening things looks

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #1057
Alexriga
BANNED

Likes (Received): 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by golov View Post
The flora and fauna in the southern Far East is very rich. I know that in the southern Kurils and around Vladivostok you have elements of subtropical climate like lianas and other plants. The far east is also home to Amur Tigers and Leopards
leopards are already practically dead - some 20-30 left wild but genetically they have no chance because incest is unavoidable for them. tigers are under big question too but they do better.
Alexriga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #1058
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

There seems to be some bad news which was missed

Khimki forest on Russia's road to nowhere
http://www.mn.ru/local/20101014/188123361.html

Quote:
by Andy Potts at 14/10/2010 11:04
The controversial road through Khimki forest could be the only stretch of the Moscow – St. Petersburg highway to be built.
European funding for the rest of the route is in danger of drying up as a result of environmental protests over the destruction of the woodland to the north of Moscow.
A meeting in Brussels this week Russian ecologists and the European Commission – a part-sponsor of the road – could see the rest of the route stopped dead in its tracks.

Activity to cease
According to insiders at the meeting, the Europeans heard of the hard line shown to protestors opposing the road through the forest and switched the funding project from “active” to “inactive”, Kommersant reported.
Aneliya Stefanova, of eco-group BankWatch, told the paper: “During the meeting Russian activists expressed their concerns about what damage the project is causing to the environment and local residents.
“The EU institutions assured us they had stopped preparing to participate in the project.”
Back in August the European Investment Bank confirmed negotiations were “incomplete”, while the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development confirmed that there were several unresolved questions about the scheme.
“It is wrong to say that the bank has refused the project,” Richard Wallis from its Moscow office said. “But we have not yet managed to agree on conditions under which we could discuss it.”

Road to nowhere
While the news is a blow to the scheme as a whole, and does little for the Russian government’s image amid reports of violence against protest camps in the forest itself, it will not stop the bulldozers.
The stretch through Khimki, the 15-58km stretch of the planned intercity highway, is financed by the state budget and loans from Russian banks.
Therefore it will be completed, either through the forests or on an alternative route – but it may become a road to nowhere if the rest of the infrastructure cannot be paid for.
Source: http://www.mn.ru/local/20101014/188123361.html
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #1059
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6998

there are some stupid idiots calling themselves "ecologists" insisting to demolish buildings around the park instead of cutting down small narrow path at the edge of the park. nody would listen such stupid claims, don't worry about it.
Old October 17th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #1060
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

True, this sort of people are usually lacking in intelligence and can't comprehend anything more than trees or little animals while ignoring the rest such as potential overall benefit to the society. That's like a form of retardation.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
roads