daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Default
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 29th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #261
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
That is a normal process, up to a point: very high-risk contract will usually skim out the most established players on a market, the ones who have not much more to gain if the project is successful but that has much to lose otherwise.
Perhaps, but I also think that the Danish authorities put their foot in it: PPP normally implies a partnership (after all, that's what the last "p" stands for...) and a partnership implies a degree of solidarity between the partners. The public is the ultimate customer and the public and private partners shall jointly deliver the lolly. (In this kind of arrangement it is toxic to continue treating the authorities as the customer and the private company as the provider.) For this to happen you need to maintain what German contractual law refers to as "the balance of the contract" - i.e. that mechanisms be developed to ensure that the partners share any future ups and downs equitably. If the public side (like in the case of Copenhagen) demands to be kept risk-free then it is totally unsurprising that the more serious private operators walk away.
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #262
Alseimik

Likes (Received): 16

ing.dk

Three railways experts in "Ingeniørens Visionarium" points that we should for all we could forward the plans for electrification of the Danish rails. If the current state of the IC4 last, then we should be fast, and prepare orders for trains, and make sure we extend the electrification to be ready in early 2015.

The current plan only covers a shorter rail to be electrified before 2015, the Kolding - Esbjerg rail, besides the Ringsted Næstved Rødby, which will be upgrade for the femarn tunnel.

http://ing.dk/artikel/120091-ic4-fad...-infrastruktur
Alseimik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #263
Never give up

Likes (Received): 7543

Siemens clinches Copenhagen S-Train CBTC contract

DANISH infrastructure manager Banedanmark has awarded Siemens a Euros 252m contract to install communications-based train control (CBTC) on the Copenhagen S-Train network in the first phase of a Euros 3.2bn project to resignal the entire Danish mainline railway network by 2021.

The contract, which is Siemens' largest ever rail automation order, covers the supply and installation of its Trainguard MT train control system, Sicas electronic interlockings, and switch machines across the 170km network, and includes 25 years' mainteance. Siemens will also equip the fleet of 135 eight-car trains and maintenance vehicles.

CBTC will initially be deployed on the Jaegersborg - Hillerød branch in 2014 and will be rolled out over the remainder of the network on a line-by-line basis by 2018.

The S-Train network will be converted initially to allow Semi-Automated Train Operation (STO), which will allow trains to run independently of fixed line sections in moving blocks. This will shorten headways on the busiest sections from 120 seconds to 90 seconds. The contract includes an option for conversion to full Unattended Train Operation (UTO) at a later date.

Trainguard MT provides continuous data communication between trackside and onboard via a wireless local area network (WLAN) link, meaning every train can be accurately located without the need for axle counters or track circuits. The optimum speed and headway are constantly recalculated and transmitted to the onboard control system.

S-trains at Copenhagen C. Red is the normal colour while the green train is part of a campagn for the environmental advantage of train travel.

[IMG]http://i54.************/281byc8.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Never give up; August 9th, 2011 at 02:11 PM.
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 06:11 PM   #264
Never give up

Likes (Received): 7543

An article in the September issue of International Railway Journal, which does not spell well for the future of the AnsaldoBreda IC4 train in Denmark.

[IMG]http://i53.************/15ml100.jpg[/IMG]
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:22 PM   #265
AlexNL

Likes (Received): 537

1500 to 2000 faults in each set delivered... WTF?!
AlexNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:12 AM   #266
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

In fact Finmeccanica is considering a revamp of its whole business that could see the spin-off and sell-out of its rolling stock division.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 12:14 AM   #267
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNL View Post
If it's the same case with "our" dutch AnsaldoBreda disaster V250, they can never start running them in 2012 or 2013.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 05:07 AM   #268
AlexNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
In fact Finmeccanica is considering a revamp of its whole business that could see the spin-off and sell-out of its rolling stock division.
There has been speculations about that, yes, but Finmeccanica/AnsaldoBreda have denied this and said that selling off AnsaldoBreda is not being considered.

However, AnsaldoBreda is most likely to leave the market for intercity and high speed trains after they have completed their current contracts in that area. In the future, AnsaldoBreda is to focus on trams, metros and light rail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
If it's the same case with "our" dutch AnsaldoBreda disaster V250, they can never start running them in 2012 or 2013.
Handover of the first V250 to NS Hispeed is planned halfway this month. Once official handover is completed, NS Hispeed can start their own trial runs and then start training of their crew - train drivers and train managers. Plans are that Q4 2011 / Q1 2012 Fyra will go to Brussels with the V250.

Yesterday, the 3rd V250 (#4803) has returned to Italy for modifications and completion.
Old September 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #269
Alseimik

So I found just found some new official maps of the new HSR line, for those who're interested:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ImageShack resized it as my default setting says, ups, HQ at the bottom of the BaneDanmark homepage; http://www.bane.dk/visArtikelBred.asp?artikelID=11722
Old September 27th, 2011, 04:38 AM   #270
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNL View Post
I agree,what happen to quality control?

Sue the company, turn the delivered trains back to them, and demand that they cover all "lost" hours due to this.
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #271
MarcVD

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12 View Post
Sue the company, turn the delivered trains back to them, and demand that they cover all "lost" hours due to this.
There are even penalties that are foreseen in the contract...

The problem is that the company is in a so dire state that noone dares to
sue or claim the penalties, because AnsaldoBreda would immediatly be forced
into bankruptcy, and everyone would lose.
MarcVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #272
Alseimik

More bad news about the IC4 project, an unit was tested on the regional line between Svendborg and Odense. It failed to keep schedule due to the slow acceleration and the doors, which closed really slowly, compared to the Seimens Desiro trains running on that route. It is doubtful if the IC2 (same unit as IC4, but with 2 wagons instead of 4) which first unit has just arrived, will be useful on the regional and local rails.
Old September 28th, 2011, 05:50 AM   #273
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

Just cancel the entire order and sue AnsaldoBreda for the amount already lost-- and buy real train sets! It's a farce.
Old September 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #274
Alseimik

yeah, Ingeniørens experts stated that long time ago, as they suggested that we quickly electrified the whole IC network, so we could buy some german/european mass produced well tested trainsets!
Old September 28th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #275
Tin_Can

You should buy Stadler Flirts

I agree with others,that DSB should just sue AnsaldoBreda. All that drama surrounding IC4 is just ridiculous. Has there been any evaluation's on how much money DSB has lost because of faulty train sets and undelivered trains?
Tin_Can no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #276
AlexNL

There is little public knowledge about that, as it's confidential information.

What is publicly known is that there still are a lot of faults with the trainsets, and that DSB has asked its lawyers to investigate how DSB can get out of the contract with AnsaldoBreda and have their money refunded.

Now there's some interesting news about AnsaldoBreda as well: the CEO of Finmeccanica, AnsaldoBreda's parent company, has confirmed that there are several parties interested in buying AnsaldoBreda and Ansaldo STS: Alstom, Bombardier and General Electric.
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #277
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

This AnsaldoBreda drama sounds rather like Colorado Railcar here...

I can't tell whether GE acquiring AnsaldoBreda would be good or bad. Good: it brings GE into the passenger rail biz. Bad: Quality control is a crapshoot...much worse than GE's own locos (which are, whatever other criticisms there are, ridiculously reliable).
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #278
Alseimik

no matter what, it can't imagine anything be worse than the projects of AnsaldoBreda at this moment, IC4 isn't the only scandal, the duct is fighting with AnsaldoBreda about their HST units.

Why anyone would considering buying AnsaldoBreda is a mystery to me. It's not only that they have a bad reputation, change their name, and that would be gone in a few years, politicians and directors in that business happens to forget easily and to be replaced. But they get a whole development department, engineers, designers everything, and exactly everything seems to be the problem, nothing is working, not even the production, was 2000+ errors that had to be changed in Denmark on our own service station? I wouldn't have anything to do with it! i i was GE ie, i would settle in Germany, get some good engineers and use the countries highly industrial advancement!.

But about the IC4 again, today ing.dk brought an article in which Bombardier (who has bought the old company that made IC3) That the IC3 units can easily been upgraded to 20 years more use as IC trains. it would cost between 15-30 million DKK (~2-4mi €) depending on the chosen upgrade, they would publishing more about this later. I guess it depends weather to put more wagons in the trainset or not, IMO there should be 4-6 wagons in them.
Old September 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #279
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

Well, in my opinion, were GE to acquire 'Breda, they would be looking primarily to acquire the passenger car designs. They would then complete existing contracts (assuming they haven't been canceled already), fire everyone, and bring those passenger car designs back to the Erie shops to figure out how to stuff a GEVO prime mover into one, more or less.

I think that--for GE in particular--the passenger car designs are the primary reason for wanting to acquire AnsaldoBreda.
hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #280
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Well, in my opinion, were GE to acquire 'Breda, they would be looking primarily to acquire the passenger car designs. They would then complete existing contracts (assuming they haven't been canceled already), fire everyone, and bring those passenger car designs back to the Erie shops to figure out how to stuff a GEVO prime mover into one, more or less.

I think that--for GE in particular--the passenger car designs are the primary reason for wanting to acquire AnsaldoBreda.
Maybe a new ivnestor can turanoud the V250 and sell it to other train operators as a low-cost high-speed consist.

Tags
denmark, trains