daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Default
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #581
Never give up

Likes (Received): 7555

http://cphpost.dk/news/colossal-scan...slo.10482.html

[IMG]http://i59.************/20rrams.jpg[/IMG]

Night Fury liked this post
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2014, 10:03 AM   #582
K_

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maadeuurija View Post
Well... our new FLIRT DMU's use diesel-electric transmission, although the 4-car ones use ultracapacitors to match the acceleration of smaller 2 and 3 car consists...
Stadler has of course a lot more experience building electric Flirts. So they took one, and added a diesel power module...
K_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #583
behnam1

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never give up View Post
Great collection representing a huge timespan.
May I include one of mine; a prototype loco hauled train set, popularily called IC5.
2 sets were built, I think in the 90´s and ran for about 5 years before being abandoned for the train set concept, the IC3. The sets were refurbished and sold to Iran.

[IMG]http://i28.************/2v0cobq.jpg[/IMG]
Hi.I'm persian.I need all of drawing about IC5 train.Can you help me please?I am in iran and I work in Bon rail company that give this train from denmark.we repair it.and I can send for you pictures of IC5.
behnam1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #584
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3606

Here are some of the first high speed line construction sites in Køge.

The socalled Skolesti bicycle bridge over the Lille Syd line is done, I imagine that this will be a prime spot for trainspotters in a few years time but also during construction.

A view towards Lille Skensved.

bongo-anders está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 07:56 PM   #585
bongo-anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by behnam1 View Post
Hi.I'm persian.I need all of drawing about IC5 train.Can you help me please?I am in iran and I work in Bon rail company that give this train from denmark.we repair it.and I can send for you pictures of IC5.

Hope this will help.

http://jernbanen.dk/lyntog.php?typen...-prototype-apo
Old August 25th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #586
bongo-anders

20 kilometers of doubletrack opened last weekend between Lejre on Vipperød so now there is doubletrack all the way from Holbæk in the west to the where Nordvestbanen meets the mainline south of Roskilde,

It was delivered on time and 200 million kroner under budget (1,1 billion intead of 1,3 billion)

The tracks has been upgraded to 160 km/h instead of 120 km/h and Lejre, Hvalsø, Tølløse and Vipperød stations has been upgraded.

Some pictures is available here.

http://www.bane.dk/visArtikel.asp?artikelID=20975

Another doubletrack project, the one Between Vamdrup and Vojens in Sønderjylland (southern Jutland) really picked up speed this summer and should be ready next year.

Like the other project on Sjælland (Zealand) this is also 20 kilometres long and is upgraded to 160 km/h.

But what seperates this project is that there is no stations to be upgraded and that its electrified so the new track will of course also get electrification

The electrification of the 57 kilometer line between Lunderskov and Esbjerg should also be ready next year.

The line is cabable of 180 km/h but to future proof the line the wires and poles are build for 200 km/h.
Old August 26th, 2014, 08:36 PM   #587
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26199

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php/rolling-stock/dsb-proposes-$us-4bn-rolling-stock-investment.html?channel=529

DSB proposes $US 4bn rolling stock investment
Tuesday, August 26, 2014

DANISH State Railways (DSB) has revealed proposals to invest DKr 20-22bn ($US 3.5-3.9bn) in the renewal of its rolling stock fleet through its Future Train strategy, which was presented to the Ministry of Transport on August 26.

The strategy is intended to be a continuation of the DKr 28.5bn Togfonden DK programme approved by the Danish government last year which will use revenues from North Sea oil to fund enhancements to the rail network including route modernisation and electrification to reduce journey times between Denmark's major towns and cities.

DSB has identified a requirement for 275 new trains over the next 15 years divided into three categories: a 160km/h regional train; a 200km/h inter-city train; and a 250km/h high-speed train

dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 09:43 PM   #588
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

Quote:
a 200km/h inter-city train; and a 250km/h high-speed train
250 or 249?

In the first case, why not 300 (even if it would be pointless, without real highs peed lines)?

In the second case, why not just 249, instead of a train for 200 and one for 249?

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #589
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Is there a serious "jump" in regulations going from 249 t0 250?
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2014, 10:15 PM   #590
bongo-anders

I can't remember the requirements but there is more when going 250 and over.

Also all the new high speed lines is "only" build for 250 km/h.
Old August 26th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #591
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

Up to 249,999 km/h trains fall into TSI 2 category, which hass less requirements (= it is cheaper) than TSI 1 (250 km/h and above, 250 being the low limit of high speed).

That's why top speed of both SBB's Stadler trains for the Gotthard and DB's ICx is officially 249 km/h (and thus they are not high speed).

TSI means technical specifications interoperability, a group of norms to standardize the various European rail regulations. I don't know by heart, however, what's the differences between the two classes. I suppose resistance to crashes, pressurization, and similar safety or comfort features.

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia

bongo-anders liked this post
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:44 PM   #592
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26199

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=542

Denmark breaks ground on Ringsted – Fehmarn upgrade
Tuesday, September 02, 2014

DENMARK's transport minister Mr Magnus Heunicke officially launched preliminary construction on September 2 on a DKr 9.3bn ($US 1.64bn) project to rebuild the 115km Ringsted – Holeby line, which will become the main rail link between Scandinavia and Germany when the 18km Fehmarnbelt Fixed Link opens in 2021

The project involves upgrading the line for 200km/h operation, construction of a second track on the section between Vordingborg and Holeby (with the exception of the Storstrøm Bridge, which will remain single track), rebuilding of 100 bridges, electrification, and refurbishment of stations. In addition the line will be equipped with ERTMS and a 4km deviation will be constructed north of Glumsø to eliminate sharp curves on this section.

Major construction is expected to begin on the project next year

bongo-anders liked this post
dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #593
bongo-anders

The first sign of the future railway system ERTMS-2 was shown in Herfølge yesterday as the first "sikringshytte" was put in place on the first test line, the Lille Syd Line.

http://www.bane.dk/visNyhed.asp?artikelID=21072

To be honest i don´t know the english word for sikringshytte but its a 13 sqm box located several places along the lines that stores all the signals etc.

Here is a picture for the one located at Hillerød station for the S-tog system.

http://www.dagens.dk/nyheder/se-bill...-p%C3%A5-plads
Old September 11th, 2014, 01:44 PM   #594
AlexNL

Likes (Received): 537

If I understand the article correctly, this hut was placed along a railway line which belongs to the Copenhagen S-Tog network. The S-Tog will not be secured with ERTMS, but will be secured with CBTC instead.

A proper name for a hut like this one is probably something like 'signal box', although it should not be confused with a room where signallers plan routes.

In the ERTMS world this would probably be called a Radio Block Centre (RBC).
Old September 11th, 2014, 02:08 PM   #595
M-NL
Mixed-mode traveller

Likes (Received): 274

It's very unlikely it's a RBC. A RBC is nothing more then the computer interface between the signal box interlocking and ERTMS air interface. For instance in the entire Netherlands there currently is only one RBC (in Rotterdam), to be expanded to 2 in the near future. Thus it's unlikely they would several of them in Danmark.

"Sikringshytte" litterally translates to safety cabinet. 'Lineside switching cabinet' would be my suggestion.
Old September 11th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #596
bongo-anders

Ohh sorry if my post was to comfusing.

The Radio Block Centre (thanks for that) was being placed at Herfølge station on the Lille Syd line.

The pictures from Hillerød (on the S-train line) was just to show a picture of what I was talking about.

BTW the S-train system will get CBTC and not ERTMS-2.
Old September 11th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #597
AlexNL

Likes (Received): 537

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-NL View Post
It's very unlikely it's a RBC. A RBC is nothing more then the computer interface between the signal box interlocking and ERTMS air interface. For instance in the entire Netherlands there currently is only one RBC (in Rotterdam), to be expanded to 2 in the near future. Thus it's unlikely they would several of them in Danmark.

"Sikringshytte" litterally translates to safety cabinet. 'Lineside switching cabinet' would be my suggestion.
Agreed, RBCs can cover huge areas.

Now that I think of it, maybe it's a Lineside Electronics Unit (LEU) although I expected those to be smaller...
Old September 11th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #598
bongo-anders

So its either a Lineside Electronics Unit (LEU) or a '
Lineside switching cabinet (LSC).
Old September 12th, 2014, 08:34 AM   #599
M-NL
Mixed-mode traveller

Likes (Received): 274

I thought LEUs were only necessary for L1 and Denmark was implementing L2. Or are they also implementing L1 on lesser used lines or as a fall back?
Old September 12th, 2014, 10:22 PM   #600
bongo-anders

Level 2 baseline 3, whatever that means.

So no signals along the line

Last edited by bongo-anders; September 12th, 2014 at 10:37 PM.

Tags
denmark, trains