daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Default
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 26th, 2015, 07:30 PM   #641
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3604

Finally the flyunder and bridge over the Lille Syd line

dimlys1994, hans280, moveteam, gippas liked this post
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2015, 11:29 PM   #642
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

I just HAD to share this with you. It's from the Railway Gazette:

"National passenger operator DSB presented its annual report for 2014 on February 26, with Chairman Peter Schütze and Acting CEO Stig Pastwa saying it has achieved its objectives under the ‘Healthy DSB’ programme to improve its financial performance, punctuality and reputation.

Ridership was up 2% on the previous year to 190·2 million, which DSB said was helped by improved punctuality, easier access to ticketing including via electric media, and increased bicycle capacity on the S-tog network."

To me that's unbelievable! I'm a Danish citizen, but I've lived in Paris for almost 20 years. My local metro line (Number 4 - one of 14 lines) takes 193 million passengers per year. It seems that one single Parisian metro line transports more passengers per year than the whole of the DSB ?????
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 11:37 PM   #643
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Why would that be so surprising? Metropolitan Paris is about twice as populous as entire Denmark and in very big cities much larger percentage of people depend on public transport.

gippas liked this post
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 12:19 AM   #644
moveteam

Likes (Received): 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans280 View Post
I just HAD to share this with you. It's from the Railway Gazette:

"National passenger operator DSB presented its annual report for 2014 on February 26, with Chairman Peter Schütze and Acting CEO Stig Pastwa saying it has achieved its objectives under the ‘Healthy DSB’ programme to improve its financial performance, punctuality and reputation.

Ridership was up 2% on the previous year to 190·2 million, which DSB said was helped by improved punctuality, easier access to ticketing including via electric media, and increased bicycle capacity on the S-tog network."

To me that's unbelievable! I'm a Danish citizen, but I've lived in Paris for almost 20 years. My local metro line (Number 4 - one of 14 lines) takes 193 million passengers per year. It seems that one single Parisian metro line transports more passengers per year than the whole of the DSB ?????
Have noticed you time from time like to compare the passenger numbers of CPH/Denmark with Paris. Doesn't make any sense. CPH metro population 2.5m, Paris +11m.

With the future metro expansions, the Metro and S-train will have a respectable daily ridership of 750.000 to a million depending on M6/M7 and whether the S-train will get a Metro-like driverless rolling stock.

But consider this: The Waterloo station in London (largest by passenger output in the UK) had 94 million entries and exits in 2011/2012.

The Central Station in Copenhagen will, when the Circle Line is completed in 2019, have 88 million - surpassing Nørreport. By your logic, isn't it amazing that Copenhagen, a city many times smaller than London, has a station almost on par with Britain's largest? Makes you think, but not really.
moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 12:39 AM   #645
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

There are two types of units in transports, unit and unit*km (or unit*mile), where unit can be passengers, tonnes, or vehicles. To compare capacity it is better to use the number of units, to compare traffic it is better to use units*km.

1 passenger*km (or pkm) is 1 passenger travelling for 1 km - so the number of passengers*km of a given network is the sum of the distances traveled by each passengers, which is a more indicative figure than the number of trips.

So 190 million passengers using Paris' line 4 for 5 km each are 950.000.000 passengers*km (or pkm), while 190 million passengers on Danish railway doing 100 km each are 19.000.000.000 pkm - that's 20 times more traffic.

However, Paris' line 4 is much shorter than the entire Danish network. So the most charged section between two stations in Paris might carry 100.000 passengers in a day, the more used section in Danemark might carry 20.000 passengers (all figures are realistic but invented, I don't know the real ones).

Usually urban railways have high passenger numbers but low passenger*km numbers, for intercity railways it is the inverse.

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2015, 01:17 AM   #646
bongo-anders

The S-train alone carries 130 million passenger each year so I'm thinking that maybe these 190 million passengers is only from regionaltog and Intercitytog.

Or else DSB only transports 60 million people on the other trains.

That could be true since my local DSB line between Roskilde Køge and Næstved only has around 1-1,5 million passengers each year.

Its a single line that are served by DSBs litra MR with 2 cars and they run on a 1/2 hourly schedule except for evenings and weekends where's its an hourly service.
Old February 27th, 2015, 11:41 AM   #647
1993matias

Likes (Received): 34

There is a map of passenger numbers per line in this document (which in itself is quite interesting):
http://www.trafikstyrelsen.dk/DA/Pre...D6B2419A0.ashx

Look at page 50 for the map, numbers are in million passengers per year. The most used line, CPH - Roskilde has 65000+ daily passengers (or 80000+ if you also count S-train to Høje Taastrup), while the least used lines have around 500 daily passengers.

bongo-anders liked this post
1993matias no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2015, 09:16 AM   #648
bongo-anders

Cool, i will have to give it a closer look when I get home from work.
Old March 12th, 2015, 11:50 PM   #649
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26160

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=537

DSB secures new 10-year operating contract
Thursday, March 12, 2015

DENMARK's Ministry of Transport has agreed a new 10-year contract with Danish State Railways (DSB) to operate passenger train services on the national network until 2024

Under the agreement, the amount of annual subsidy DSB receives will fall from DKr 4.2bn ($US 599m) this year to DKr 3.9bn in 2024, while at the same time DSB will have to run 10% more services and provide 25% more seats in local and regional trains

dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 06:29 PM   #650
bongo-anders

New pictures of the flyunder just south of Ølsemagle in Køge Nord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milipumba View Post
new pictures from the Flyunder and railwaybridge near Køge Nord Station.

They will build 2 tunnel that will connect this flyunder with the Lille Syd Line.

First up is the tunnel under the S-train embankment that will happen in 2-3 weeks over the easter period.

I´m not sure about the ICE train though, the Lille Syd line will get electrification but from what I heard it will be Litra ER trainsets (the electric IC3 train) that will run between Næstved, Køge and Copenhagen 2 times every hour in 2018.

The next tunnel will be under the Køge Bugt motorway, currently it has 6 lanes (3 in each direction) but it will be expanded to 8 lanes.

This project is like the railway finished in 2018.

But they will use the port in Køge to transport the rails and other construction materials to the construction site by rail in 2016 so they will have to build the tunnel under the motorway here in 2015.

The plans is to run 10 trains between the port and the construction site at Køge Nord everyday when they are laying the tracks.

http://www.bane.dk/db/filarkiv/16513...031+200%29.pdf

dimlys1994 liked this post

Last edited by bongo-anders; March 23rd, 2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old March 28th, 2015, 06:14 PM   #651
bongo-anders

So they have started to build the tunnel under the S-train

The flyunder that soon will be connected to the above tunnel is visible just a little bit north of the construction site.

dimlys1994, abhijeetm29 liked this post
Old April 2nd, 2015, 05:14 PM   #652
bongo-anders

They have finished the sheet piling at the S-train line one day ahead of schedule.

The next step is the build the tunnel and the recreate the embankment and tracks before April the 13th.

Old April 5th, 2015, 10:08 PM   #653
bongo-anders

Old April 5th, 2015, 11:39 PM   #654
bongo-anders

Since Banedanmark doesn´t show any interest in making any photo updates of the constructrion of the high speed line then you´ll have to deal with mine.

Here is the bridge that will carry the Roskildevej street over the railwayline.

Further north towards Copenhagen a new railwaybridge will carry the high speed line over Motorring 4 just south of Motorvejskryds Vallensbæk

The same place coming from north from the Motorvejskryds Albertslund.

Old April 5th, 2015, 11:44 PM   #655
bongo-anders

Going further into Copenhagen.

On the first part until Motorring 3 the railway will be located south of the motorway (to the right in the picture)

Old April 5th, 2015, 11:51 PM   #656
bongo-anders

After Motorring 3 the railway moves north of the Holbækmotorway (left in the picture) so a temporary motorway has been build so they can make the tunnel without disturbing the traffic.

In Hvidovre and Vigerslev the railway will be partly in tunnels and trenches, notice that all traffic has been moved to the inbound lanes.

Old April 6th, 2015, 12:57 AM   #657
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

That's a very elaborate SpongeBob-watermark to protect your photos!

Thank you!

bongo-anders, AlexNL liked this post
Silly_Walks está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 01:03 AM   #658
bongo-anders

Note to myself, even if its not my car, clean it up if you take photo´s.
Old April 6th, 2015, 02:20 AM   #659
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
Note to myself, even if its not my car, clean it up if you take photo´s.
Oh no, don't you dare! You have to keep SpongeBob in every future photo!
Silly_Walks está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2015, 01:00 PM   #660
bongo-anders

He can stay, but the napkins!!!!

Tags
denmark, trains