daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Default
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 12th, 2016, 11:54 PM   #901
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Why put a switch in the middle of the platform? Why not extend the siding beyond (there appears to be room). And why not have a switch to the other track?

kapo311, telemaxx liked this post
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2016, 12:55 AM   #902
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3605

@ Sunfuns

I know what you mean, I'm also not surprised if the final outcome will look less fantastic than the renders.

They have announced that construction of the station has started, but the only thing that is known is that the bridge (or whatever we call it) will be constructed in Poland and shipped to the port in Køge.
It will be lifted into place during some motorway closures, in the early summer next year.

So in 8-10 months time we will have a better understanding of what it will look like.

Also the first 2 apartment complexes will be out for tender later this year so maybe next spring we will know how the first residentials will look like.
bongo-anders está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 12:58 AM   #903
bongo-anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
Why put a switch in the middle of the platform? Why not extend the siding beyond (there appears to be room). And why not have a switch to the other track?
I will see if I can find the answers to your question.
Old September 13th, 2016, 01:05 AM   #904
bongo-anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemaxx View Post
Hey there,

is there a plan which train lines will use the high speed line? Which trains will they use? And when the upgraded part to Rodby is finished, what trains will ride from and to Germany?
The trains between Copenhagen, Køge and Næstved will be locomotive hauled double decker trains and perhaps also the trains to Odense.

For the intercity trains that will be the majority of the trains on this line, DSB is in the process of buying well proven EMU's with a top speed of up to 250 km/h.

Swede, telemaxx liked this post
Old September 13th, 2016, 01:05 AM   #905
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Thank you, Lord Bongo!
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 12:27 PM   #906
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
The trains between Copenhagen, Køge and Næstved will be locomotive hauled double decker trains and perhaps also the trains to Odense.

For the intercity trains that will be the majority of the trains on this line, DSB is in the process of buying well proven EMU's with a top speed of up to 250 km/h.
Hmmm... is this totally accurate bongo-anders? I seem to have read somewhere that the DSB (danish state railway company) are in the market for both locomotives and integrated electrical train sets. I understand that the latter will be used for intercity connections, whereas it is the regional traffic in eastern Denmark that will be serviced by loc-hauled double deckers. The latter point I can substantiate. There was a brief article in the leading Danish engineering magazine about it (in Danish): https://ing.dk/artikel/dsb-koeber-ny...motiver-186246.
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #907
milipumba

Likes (Received): 467

But is it not what he is saying.
milipumba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 02:44 PM   #908
bongo-anders

I think we have come to the very same conclusion.

Electric locomotives + double decker wagons for the commuter trains (Regionaltog) on Zealand and EMU's for the intercity traffic.

The Regionaltog line between Copenhagen and Næstved will run on the new line between Copenhagen and Køge Nord and on a upgraded Lille Syd line between Køge Nord and Næstved.

But I'm thinking that the Regionaltog line from Copenhagen to Odense via Køge Nord and Ringsted will be using Intercity trains because of the Storebælt crossing.
Old September 13th, 2016, 03:14 PM   #909
hans280

Quote:
Originally Posted by milipumba View Post
But is it not what he is saying.
Oops! Sorry, all. I had overlooked the "EMU" acronym, hence thought we were speaking of the same type of trains.
Old September 13th, 2016, 10:05 PM   #910
bongo-anders

First sod for Køge Nord station today.
Old September 13th, 2016, 10:35 PM   #911
bongo-anders

@ 00Zy99

The siding at Køge Nord station seems to be for inbound trains because between Ølbyvej and Højelsevej a few kilometers west of Køge there is a siding for outbound trains.

It doesn´t explain why the switch is located next to the platform and not before.

Look at this map

http://banedanmark.maps.arcgis.com/a...a8aa6320b6eb59

kapo311, telemaxx liked this post
Old September 14th, 2016, 11:21 AM   #912
telemaxx

Likes (Received): 2662

Quote:
So they are already tendering? Any guesses which trains might be bought?
telemaxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 12:15 PM   #913
hans280

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemaxx View Post
So they are already tendering? Any guesses which trains might be bought?
Nobody knows yet. According to the leading Danish engineering magazine, the railway company seems to have a preference for Bombardier Twindexx. Other hot contenders seem to be Siemens's new IC series and the almost-high speed train Hitachi first developed for the UK. Link (in Danish): https://ing.dk/artikel/bliver-danmarks-nye-eltog-184942.

Incredibly, AnsaldoBreda seems to have offered the V250 trains that were withdrawn from Belgiuam and the Netherlands amid major controversy.

telemaxx liked this post
Old September 14th, 2016, 01:15 PM   #914
mistertl

Likes (Received): 61

Don't believe everything you hear. AnsaldoBreda doesn't exist anymore. It is now Hitachi Rail Italy, and the V250 was not part of the deal when Hitachi bought AnsaldoBreda. There is no way Hitachi could and would have offered the V250.
mistertl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 04:08 PM   #915
loefet

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistertl View Post
Don't believe everything you hear. AnsaldoBreda doesn't exist anymore. It is now Hitachi Rail Italy, and the V250 was not part of the deal when Hitachi bought AnsaldoBreda. There is no way Hitachi could and would have offered the V250.
In a way then it's true that AnsladoBreda was bought up by Hitachi.
However it still exists as an entity until all the final bits are finally sorted out, like the Gothenburg Trams, the V250 trains, etc.
And it's this entity that I guess is trying to sell these trains to DSB as a way to get more money from them than just the scrap value of the V250 trains. They are also trying to extort money from Gothenburg by claiming that it's the maintenance that is why the trams here are in such a sorry state and not their fault.
So in essence they are trying to get as much money as possible until they shut down for good, what the reason is we could only speculate in, there are a number of reasons, like mafia connections, people wanting to get payed, liabilities, fines etc.

Just hope that DSB don't get sucked into it all over again like with the IC4..

These are just my 2 cents anyway.

Swede liked this post
loefet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 06:08 PM   #916
hans280

Upon second reading of the article it seems to be referring to a total 7 EMUs that have passed a pre-qualification list put forward by the consultancy Aitkins. The article does not say whether trains are included in the upon request from the manufacturers, or this simply reflects the consultants' identification of trains in the market that are consistent with the performance requirements of the Danish railway operator. I would perhaps lean toward the latter theory.

Interestingly, the trains that according to the article have the edge are the ones empowered for velocities above 200 km/h. Officially there are no Danish lines planned for such speeds. The line currently being constructed between Copenhagen and Ringsted is, I am told, designed in such a way that it could relatively easily be converted for speeds up to 250 km/h. Judging from their preference in rolling stock I would say that this option definitely still seems to be on the table.
Old September 14th, 2016, 07:25 PM   #917
Duesey

Likes (Received): 16

Is the tender available for public reading? I'm looking at the trains mentioned in the article, and I'm puzzled at the acceleration rates some of the candidates have (ICE4 can only do 0,55 m/s^2?!). Top speed is nice, but acceleration is useful, and if the Stadler FLIRTs NSB uses can be used for reference, faster accelerating trains can outpace faster trains, under certain circumstances.
Duesey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 10:31 PM   #918
bongo-anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans280 View Post
Interestingly, the trains that according to the article have the edge are the ones empowered for velocities above 200 km/h. Officially there are no Danish lines planned for such speeds. The line currently being constructed between Copenhagen and Ringsted is, I am told, designed in such a way that it could relatively easily be converted for speeds up to 250 km/h. Judging from their preference in rolling stock I would say that this option definitely still seems to be on the table.

I think you need to update yourself on the danish railway infrastructure.

The plans until around 2025 looks like this.

Copenhagen - Ringsted will be build for 250 km/h
Ringsted - Fehmarn will be upgraded to 200 km/h
Ringsted - Odense will be upgraded to 200 km/h
Odense - Middelfart, newbuild for 250 km/h
Fredericia - Aarhus, speed upgrades, currently its 180´ish so I´m guessing 200 km/h

Also between Fredericia and Aarhus
New crossing of Vejle Fjord 200 km/h?????
Hovedgård - Hasselager newbuild for 250 km/h

Aarhus - Hobro, speed upgrades from 140 km/h to maybe 160 or 200 km/h
Hobro - Aalborg to 200 km/h

On the Esbjerg - Lunderskov line the electrification is prepared for 200 km/h but the line is still only 140 km/h (180 km/h for IC3 etc)

kapo311 liked this post
Old September 15th, 2016, 09:00 AM   #919
hans280

Quote:
The plans until around 2025 looks like this.

Copenhagen - Ringsted will be build for 250 km/h.

Hmmm? Much of what you cite is from the "Togfonden" proposal, which as far as I know has been put on hold? As for Copenhagen - Ringsted the last I read is that it will be enabled for 250 km/h, but for the time being equipped only to do 200 km/h. Or has the latter bit of information been overtaken by events?
Old September 15th, 2016, 12:19 PM   #920
bongo-anders

I not saying that the moneys are found for these projects but I just corrected you when you say that there was no plans at all

All of these projects has a dedicated website on bane.dk where they post news about public hearings, enviromental studies etc so they are on the planning board somewhere.

Vejdirektoratet has taken over the study of the 2 high speed lines on Fyn and Jylland and also the new Storestrøm Bridge.

From what I understand then they have postponed the line on Jylland but the one on Fyn should still go ahead and Vejle Fjord is in limbo.
But Danish Folk Party's petting project is the railway line from Vejle to Billund (the leader is from this area) but there won't be enough capacity at Vejle station if they don't build that bridge.

Most of the speed upgrades is planned to go along with the signaling and electrification programmes that are still very much alive.

On the material put out for bidders for the track laying on the high speed line Copenhagen-Ringsted the max speed at the main tracks is indicated at each track switch.

In the tunnels out of Copenhagen its 200 km/h but else its 250 km/h except for 230 km/h in the "sharp" curve in Køge.

Tags
denmark, trains