daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise > Luzon

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 10th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #461
gerard505

Likes (Received): 0

nice pic of solenad, [dx]!
gerard505 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 12th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #462
BergenScooterPatrol

Likes (Received): 42

can i just invest for a lot sans the house in nuvali (avida settings)? i dont like the idea of uniform and same looking houses. maybe later on, when the site is fully developed owners can do whatever remodeling of their houses. but for now, can i just buy a lot without the house?
BergenScooterPatrol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #463
gpcracker

Defying clubhouse convention
By Isabel Berenguer Asuncion
http://abi.ph
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 23:26:00 03/12/2010

WHEN ALVEO LAND ASKED US to design their new clubhouse at Treveia, a residential development within Ayala Land’s Nuvali in Laguna, we thought it was a great opportunity to design something that would defy the conventions of the typical village clubhouse while keeping within the context of sustainable, tropical and contemporary design. And so with the basic principles of tropical design, some knowledge on sustainability, and creative repressions waiting to be released, we set out to do something a little different for this development which promotes family living, sustainability and modernity.

In plan, the clubhouse sits on side of a large rectangular property located at the end of the subdivisions main entry road. We formed the structure into a jagged quarter moon rendering all areas within the crescent-shaped space of the clubhouse irregular. This crescent, from a distance, is an assembly of layered roofs that interconnect through its play of levels. All perched precariously on angled slender cylindrical posts and short spans of wall, the roofs cap the irregular spaces underneath with sloped and angled ceilings.

Deliberate

The building enclosure is generally nondescript, as we located doors, door openings, walls, clerestory windows and pocket decks to line both its exterior walls and its inside perimeter. This was deliberate, to fog the lines between what was indoor, outdoor and in-between. It could be literally, like being lost in translation—the translation of spaces, that is.

The inside perimeter of the jagged crescent defines the main circulation walkway from which the lounge, function rooms, gym and other amenities may be accessed. This is my favorite part of the clubhouse, because from this, not only is the wide expanse around it so visible, but almost all the clubhouse activities are as well. In a way, the layout is so simple that it affords its users a connection with one another even while being in different areas. From here, the family swimming pool and adjacent children’s pool, gym, billiard area, sun decks, koi ponds and gardens make for one’s view.

Beyond this, the children’s pavilion stands on its own in the landscape. This was quite a challenge for us, since we wanted to cast some visual intrigue and attention to this seemingly distant amenity. So we designed it to sit like an abstract piece of art, looking more solid and somewhat like a boulder with its faceted exterior contrasting sharply against the fragmented main clubhouse structure. Inside, the cavernous space of the pavilion houses a climbing wall, large activity blocks and cartoon murals. With a mix of bright and earthy colors, we hoped the children would be inspired to tread on their wild, active and creative side.

Emphasize the forms

Going back to the main clubhouse, we washed the whole structure in white (one of my favorite colors—the other being black!), in an attempt to emphasize the forms through the shadows that play on its surfaces, further “lifting” the roofs and accentuating the angles of the slanted walls. While the whiteness allows the sun to cast sharp shades and shadows on the outside, it instead diffuses natural light on the inside, except in the main lounge area where discs of light hit the floor through round openings in the ceilings.

In this clubhouse, we liked to play with the openings, so even the function rooms, locker and changing rooms, party room and gym have their share of oblique doors and windows. I have to say that the most enjoyable part of designing something like this was making all the architectural features work in tandem with the spaces and the furnishings inside. The inside and the outside both reflecting the slants and inclines that exhibit the main feature of the clubhouse.

For a tropical feel, the furniture are almost all in woven material yet in contemporary form. While most were angular, some, like the boomerang-shaped sofas in the lounge and decks, were made curvaceous to soften the spaces and complement the rigid lines of the structure.

Through this clubhouse, we hope to have addressed the users’ need for family living within a modern and sustainable environment, just as we have addressed our own craving for doing something different. Within a development perceived to be ahead of its time is a great place to break away from convention.

Source: http://business.inquirer.net/money/f...use-convention

Last edited by gpcracker; March 12th, 2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: image added
gpcracker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:02 PM   #464
mach000

Likes (Received): 6

Xavier School finds home in Nuvali
(The Philippine Star) Updated March 13, 2010 12:00 AM

Perspective of the Wisdom Hall, Xavier School in Nuvali

MANILA, Philippines - Ayala Land will hold the groundbreaking of the new Xavier School in the heart of Nuvali, Ayala Land’s 1,750-hectare sustainable eco-community in Laguna, tomorrow, March 14.

Xavier School, the reputable Jesuit school for the Filipino-Chinese, will be the first educational institution to find home in Nuvali.

In partnership with Ayala Land Inc., Xavier School decided to put up another campus in Nuvali following the Greenhills, San Juan City facility in order to cater to the growing number of students and to provide the Xavier education
to more scholars.

Ayala Land and the Jose Yulo family, Ayala Land’s partner in Nuvali, donated 15 hectares of prime land for the new site and a large chunk of the building construction cost.

The groundbreaking ceremony — to be graced by executives, alumni, and parents of Xavier School and Nuvali — will commence at 9 a.m. and will feature a symbolic time capsule-laying, groundbreaking, dove release, and tree planting. Lunch follows.

Ayala Land assistant vice president and Nuvali general manager Jun Bisnar said it is important to form an academic center in the Nuvali community.

“We are creating a new environment, which will eventually become the new regional center located south of Makati City. Putting up an educational institution is an essential component for such an eco-community to succeed,” he explains. “Xavier School will provide high-quality education for people in the area, especially for Chinese-Filipino families, who don’t have to travel all the way to Manila in order to attend a good school.”

In line with Nuvali’s goal to build a community that strongly promotes environmental and social responsibility, Xavier School’s campus and core curriculum will also focus on grooming students to become good stewards of the planet.

“Our mission is to form leaders for tomorrow, and certainly the world will increasingly need leaders who understand and know how to deal with issues about the environment,” says Xavier School director Fr. Johnny Go.

“Xavier School’s campus will be designed to offer a complete learning environment where students learn not only from elders and experts, but also from peers, and from actual experience,” he adds.

The layout of the school grounds will cover three to four buildings that will house state-of-the-art classrooms for primary, middle, and secondary levels. Other facilities included in the master plan are high-end sports facilities like a gymnasium, basketball courts, swimming pool, and football fields. There will also be an IT-equipped multi-purpose hall, auditorium, and library. The new Xavier School will apply a co-divisional model wherein boys and girls will be educated separately but will have ample opportunities for interaction.

“When the building was being designed, they incorporated traditional Chinese elements that promote harmony and focused on the dragon as a design theme. For the Chinese, it’s a very important symbol of prosperity and luck and if you look at the map of Nuvali, it is shaped like a standing dragon,” Bisnar says. “Coincidentally, Xavier School Nuvali will open its doors on June 2012, which in the Chinese calendar, is the year of the dragon.
mach000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #465
mach000

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenScooterPatrol View Post
can i just invest for a lot sans the house in nuvali (avida settings)? i dont like the idea of uniform and same looking houses. maybe later on, when the site is fully developed owners can do whatever remodeling of their houses. but for now, can i just buy a lot without the house?
For Avida Settings, buyers have the option to buy a house and lot or lot only.

For Alveo and Ayala Land Premier, only lots are available for sale now.
mach000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #466
artmiguel
AVIDA LAND CORP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenScooterPatrol View Post
Hi! I'm John Art Miguel from the Corporate Sales Group Avida Land Corp. Regarding with your concerns, yes you may Invest a Lot Only unit in Avida Settings Nuvali and regarding with the theme, you are not actually must build a house exactly the same House Model we are offering. You just need to follow the restrictions of the subdivision and as long as your house plan is in Modern Contemporary Theme I'm sure that is not a problem.

Should you have more concerns just feel free to contact me.

John Art Miguel
Corporate Accounts Officer
Avida Land Corp.
Mondragon House
324 4th Flr. Sen. Gil Puyat St.
Makati City

Direct Line: (02) 7531439
Mobile #: 0917-8369610
Email: miguel.john@avidaland.com
artmiguel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 06:45 AM   #467
artmiguel
AVIDA LAND CORP.

We are now accepting Letter of Intent in Avida Estates Nuvali.

For more Inquiries:

John Art Miguel
Corporate Accounts Officer
Avida Land Corp.
Mondragon House
324 4th Flr. Sen. Gil Puyat St.
Makati City

Direct Line: (02) 7531439
Mobile #: 0917-8369610
Email: miguel.john@avidaland
artmiguel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #468
ascc8

Santierra, also part of Nuvali?

Would like to ask if Santierra is also part of Nuvali? any website where I can get more details of Santierra? is Santierra, the last project of Ayala in that area? thanks
ascc8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #469
ascc8

Payment Options of Sentierra Tranche 2

Would appreciate any sample computation of payment options for Sentierra Nuvali lots (600 sq. meter) on Tranche 2. Are there still available lots here? How many tranches would there be at Sentierra? When will these be available for sale? Thanks
ascc8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #470
leechtat
@jpareyes

Likes (Received): 142

its already available for sale. http://nuvalisantierra.blogspot.com/

Avida Estates Nuvali is hot. They are now accepting Letters of Intent as artmiguel said.

"PROPERTYKO.PH - THE PHILIPPINE REAL ESTATE SOURCE"
-
AYALA LAND Real Estate Blog"
---
“Read more, Talk less..."
-----

leechtat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #471
A_B_C

Do you know that Sta. Rosa is included on fault line specialy NUVALI and ETON.
A_B_C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:38 AM   #472
MAXmonash
BANNED

Likes (Received): 44

Any update on AVIDA Settings Clubhouse???? Is it being built? Amongst the AVIDA developments in Nuvali, you reckon "AVIDA Settings" is the best? I have yet to see renderings for AVIDA Village and AVIDA Estates....
MAXmonash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 07:21 PM   #473
gerard505

1:nice article by jun sanchez

http://pinoydreamhousetoday.com/what...%80%99-nuvali/

2:here's one he wrote regarding the fault line traversing sta. rosa:

http://pinoydreamhousetoday.com/my-s...sts/#more-2295

3:here's one from the eton city thread proclaiming how much better off they are because of their distance from the "fault line". I have never read a posting here on the nuvali thread that was so self-absorbed at the expense of eton city. It speaks volumes about the insecurities of some people. 10 years from now, I guess we can all look back at these threads and find out who was right.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...514739&page=13
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...514739&page=14

I mean, the whole country is one big fault line. We lie on the volcanic, typhoon, earthquake belt. Manila is getting flooded worse and worse every year. That doesn't stop people from living there. When the sea rises as it will, with the melting of the polar ice caps, more of the city will be submerged. If this will stop you from living your life to the fullest, expecting that big one to occur, you might as well stay indoors and live in fear of the inevitable.

Last edited by gerard505; April 2nd, 2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 07:57 PM   #474
gerard505

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXmonash View Post
Any update on AVIDA Settings Clubhouse???? Is it being built? Amongst the AVIDA developments in Nuvali, you reckon "AVIDA Settings" is the best? I have yet to see renderings for AVIDA Village and AVIDA Estates....
-------->

from the flickr site of richard siy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjosephsiy/
Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:25 AM   #475
owzeephil

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard505 View Post
1:nice article by jun sanchez

http://pinoydreamhousetoday.com/what...%80%99-nuvali/

2:here's one he wrote regarding the fault line traversing sta. rosa:

http://pinoydreamhousetoday.com/my-s...sts/#more-2295

3:here's one from the eton city thread proclaiming how much better off they are because of their distance from the "fault line". I have never read a posting here on the nuvali thread that was so self-absorbed at the expense of eton city. It speaks volumes about the insecurities of some people. 10 years from now, I guess we can all look back at these threads and find out who was right.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...514739&page=13
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...514739&page=14

I mean, the whole country is one big fault line. We lie on the volcanic, typhoon, earthquake belt. Manila is getting flooded worse and worse every year. That doesn't stop people from living there. When the sea rises as it will, with the melting of the polar ice caps, more of the city will be submerged. If this will stop you from living your life to the fullest, expecting that big one to occur, you might as well stay indoors and live in fear of the inevitable.
Hi gerard. I agree with you, our country lies on an earthquake zone. But this doesn't mean that our lives should depend on this. I was the one who wrote Jun about this fault line. And obviously this made a lot of commotion . But the fault line in laguna i think is not the active one yet if i will base it on the legend. The one that is active is the one in Muntinlupa which I think is nearer Eton. But this must not worry the investor too. How many strong earthquakes have we had in history that caused massive destruction? The only strong earthquake that really shocked me was the 1991 earthquake. And how many were in the past? That is why we should be cautious on building our houses because earthquake will happen anytime no matter what. I own a lot in Nuvali and I am not worried about this faultline as long as I am not on top of it and based on the map from phivolcs they are not sure if this is an active fault (you can correct me on this).

About the Eton Thread, i also notice those comments and as you said the insecurities from some. I cannot blame them because Nuvali delivers as promised and it is really very beautiful. I am proud of it myself. Eton is still in the construction stage. They still cannot see the fruits of their investment. Kaya pinapalubag nila loob nila sa pagsasabi na mas okay sa ETON dahil may malapit na faultline sa Nuvali. Pero nasa muntinlupa ang active fault line na mas malapit sa kanila. Nag crack na nga lupa doon. So what I am trying to say is, lahat naman tayo apektado ng earthquake dahil malapit naman tayo lahat sa marikina valley fault line. Ang tanong na lang eh gaano kalakas ito pag nag earthquake. Malay natin baka intensity 5 lang pala sya. Sana..... Let's all hope for the best. At pray na lang lahat tayo di ba?
owzeephil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:37 PM   #476
LovetheLife58

San Francisco, Los Angeles and many cities in California are all traversing a faultline. They're experiencing recurring mild tremors every now and then. I guess they've learned to accept it and live with it. California is as populated as any other city in the world. I hope these issues will not stop Philippines from progressing forward.

Incidentally, since developers' track record are also being mentioned in the forums, it is worthy to mention that Ayala's real estate investment activity has gone overseas also. It has formed a joint venture with India's Mahinda group to develop a residential community. See http://info.propertywala.com/real-es...operty-market/

I'm pretty sure it will be typical of Ayala's many remarkable and impressive real estate development projects. Ayala themed projects seems to be initiating a trend in building exclusive communities and they're now trying to make it global too! Good luck!
LovetheLife58 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #477
gerard505

the discussions you read in the nuvali and eton city thread is almost comparable to the differences between the alabang town center community and the sm alabang crowd.
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #478
junsanchez
BANNED

gerard505 and owzeephil, I think I know you guys :0)

Here's my latest blog about Nuvali: Nuvali's best natural assets toward sustainability: location and topography.

Be informed that last March 22, I finally emailed Sta. Rosa Mayor Arlene Arcillas-Nazareno a few questions about her city. I cc'd her assistant Michelle Mapua and the City Assessor, Mrs. Nelly Gomez who first helped me with my first blog about Sta. Rosa.

I met the Mayor last March 26. After seeing how busy they were (it was the start of the campaign period), I felt compelled to simply ask for an online interview instead of a personal one. Either way, I think I'll get the answers I want. We just had a little photo opp.

Below were my email questions:

Regarding typhoon Ondoy

1. During last year’s typhoon Ondoy, some parts of Sta. Rosa were heavily affected. What barangays were hardest hit?

2. Because of worsening climate change, scientists are predicting that stronger and more frequent typhoons will hit the country. What policies and programs are you pursuing or will pursue to mitigate their effects?

3. They say that, one way or another, something good comes out of every tragedy. For Sta. Rosa, do you think something good came out of Ondoy? How did it affect the overall state of industry in Sta. Rosa? How about its real estate market?

Regarding the active fault line in Sta. Rosa

Last October 23, ABS-CBN issued a location map of active faults and trenches in the Philippines. One showed the “Valley Fault System” that traverses part of Sta. Rosa.

1. Considering the recent tragic earthquakes in Haiti and Chile and the number of recent earthquakes that were detected in the Philippines, how concerned are you about the fault line in Sta. Rosa?

2. What policies and programs have you put in place in case an earthquake hits Sta. Rosa? Is Sta. Rosa prepared for such an event?

Regarding the traffic situation

Sta. Rosa is experiencing a boom in real estate particularly in areas alongside the stretch of Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road. Add to that the many companies that have located their operations in Sta. Rosa. However, with increased population, of both residents and transients, comes the worsening traffic situation.

There are at least two traffic choke points in Sta. Rosa:

1. The stretch along Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road between Toyota Industrial Park in Pulong Sta. Cruz and Balibago.
2. The stretch along Rizal Boulevard after the railroad in Barangay Labas going to Balibago.

What plans or measures do you have to alleviate the traffic situation in these areas?

Regarding the rehabilitation of the railway system
PNR's official website

The Philippine National Railways is rehabilitating the rail transport system from San Fernando, La Union all the way down to Matnog, Sorsogon.

Whereas before, there’s only a single track, PNR will put a double-track system from at least Caloocan City up to Calamba, Laguna and the trips will become more frequent.

What effects do you foresee this rehabilitation of the railways have on Sta. Rosa?

Let's just wait for the Mayor's reply on these questions.

P.S. about this question: What effects do you foresee this rehabilitation of the railways have on Sta. Rosa?

What do you guys foresee?

The rehabilitation of PNR is not a question of if, it's question of when it will be completed? Segurado na po iyan at wala nang pipigil dyan. This is one development I am watching very closely.

There's a thread here about the PNR rehabilitation. I'll provide the link later

Thanks

Last edited by junsanchez; April 5th, 2010 at 06:09 PM.
junsanchez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #479
junsanchez
BANNED

Here's the link to the thread here that discusses the rehabilitation of the PNR.

Scroll down a bit to see the route of the current rehabilitation.

PNR's rehabilitation is massively important.

It will allow people who are forced to live in Metro Manila because of work or school to go back to their home provinces.

Real estate developments that were considered far, ergo, unattractive, will become otherwise thereby pushing their prices up.

There's a real possibility that products going into and out of Sta. Rosa's many factories will be transported by trains instead of trucks. This will lead to further enhancement of Sta. Rosa's economy that will have both up and downsides.

If nothing drastic will be done about the traffic problem along Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road between Toyota and the Sta. Rosa exit now, expect traffic there to become nightmarish.

Opening the access road to Nuvali via the Mamplasan exit is good but it will have to be complemented by solving the traffic problem in the above-cited area.

Sobrang ganda ng Sta. Rosa ngayon at lalo na sa mga dadating na panahon. Sadly, only a few of us realize this now.

Time will come that so many people will regret not having invested in Sta. Rosa real estate.

In my opinion, the price appreciation of Ayala Alabang will be nothing compared to how properties in Nuvali will appreciate. Ayala Alabang was launched in 1984 at P350 per sqm. Price now hovers in the upward of P27,000 per sqm. If we knew in 1984 what we know now about the price of Ayala Alabang, wouldn't we have invested then if we had the resources.

Knowing the Ayalas' mindset of continually outdoing themselves; of constantly delivering what they promise and having pinpointed Nuvali as the next Makati CBD, I can't imagine how much Nuvali properties will cost 10 years from now.

To gerard and to you-know-who-you-are and to the others who have chosen to invest in Nuvali, congratulations for doing so; you just invested in what will become the next Forbes Park, Urdaneta, San Lo and others.

To those who will invest in the Evozone, the office component of Nuvali, that will become some sort of the next Ayala Triangle, only better.
junsanchez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #480
owzeephil

Likes (Received): 1

Hi Jun. Were you able to ask the mayor regarding relocation of the ondoy victims in laguna?

Thanks for the article again. Very informative. And yes it's me...sshhh! :-)
owzeephil no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
ayala, laguna, sustainable