daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Proposed

Old February 15th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #301
Reaper-strain
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Stunning, a beautiful design and excellent work rate on top of that.
Will be incredible when it is done. This stadium will make the Allianz, New Liverpool Stadium and even Wembley look like shit.

Well done to the Valencianos for this amazing project.
Reaper-strain no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM   #302
artoor

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper-strain View Post
This stadium will make the Allianz, New Liverpool Stadium and even Wembley look like shit.
What a lovely expression!
That's why I don't value Spanish or Catalunha football fans very high.
Quick to offend others and feel offended if the home club is a bit down.
Pathetic.
artoor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #303
kennyrouge
blank

Likes (Received): 247

The new liverpool stadium will never be built, not by the yanks anyway.
kennyrouge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #304
Reaper-strain
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by artoor View Post
What a lovely expression!
That's why I don't value Spanish or Catalunha football fans very high.
Quick to offend others and feel offended if the home club is a bit down.
Pathetic.
I am neither, only interested in aesthetics and this stadium is superior in beauty than Wembley the Allianz and the drawings for the new Liverpool stadium. It might be hard for you to accept this coming from someone with no natural bias accept that of aesthetics but at the end of the day, who cares. If you can't accept that basic fact, life becomes very complicated.

Again, Well done to the Valencianos showing us their true style.
Old February 16th, 2008, 04:58 AM   #305
aCidMinD81
Tres huevos

Likes (Received): 29

February 15, 2008

Link to download the panorama (5'7 Mb)
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #306
kazetuner
Perito Mercantil XD

Likes (Received): 9

no puedo esperar a ver como el estadio supera el nivel de la calle...... lastima que despues ya no se vera tanto la construccion del interior.................excepto que algiuen se escabulla o se haga pasar por operario:P todo sea por el bien de este thread
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:03 AM   #307
aCidMinD81
Tres huevos

February 20, 2008

Let's count cranes!

Link to the not scaled panorama (3,62 Mb)
Old February 21st, 2008, 09:55 PM   #308
marrio415

Likes (Received): 9

it will be a very nice stadium when finished,valencia fans i bet you guys can't wait
marrio415 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:58 PM   #309
aCidMinD81
Tres huevos

Today has been announced that Valencia C.F. will build a 20-storey 5 stars hotel in the same plot, the project is being studied by Mark Fenwick, the architect od the stadium.

Here is a render of the volume of the hotel.

And here, some renders of Mark Fenwick's design for Hercules Stadium in Alicante (it is not Valencia's one although they are quite similar)... with a hotel too.

Last edited by aCidMinD81; February 22nd, 2008 at 08:36 PM.
aCidMinD81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM   #310
bixa louca

Likes (Received): 0

Oh. Oh. You posted something in, gasp, Spanish. Hope your post doesn't disappear!
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:15 PM   #311
lpioe

Likes (Received): 13

I don't like the tower so close to the stadium.

Btw is the Hercules project approved? What's the cap?

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:24 PM   #312
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Stunning, a beautiful design and excellent work rate on top of that.
Will be incredible when it is done. This stadium will make the Allianz, New Liverpool Stadium and even Wembley look like shit.
Given the angle you take in your post that follows, I'm curious as to how you're reaching this opinion. What do you find about this design that is so superior to Allianz, etc.? Especially if you're talking about aesthetics then I find it hard for you to call something bad. Either you like it or don't, but you can't measure personal aesthetic appeal as either good or bad, let alone "like shit."
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM   #313
Genš
re re re ra ra ra

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpioe View Post
I don't like the tower so close to the stadium.
Same...
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:46 PM   #314
lukus

Likes (Received): 0

Great stadium. From the renders, reminds me a bit of upgraded FNB stadium in South Africa.

Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium - Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

View blog of NMB Stadium here
lukus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM   #315
Reaper-strain
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post
Given the angle you take in your post that follows, I'm curious as to how you're reaching this opinion. What do you find about this design that is so superior to Allianz, etc.? Especially if you're talking about aesthetics then I find it hard for you to call something bad. Either you like it or don't, but you can't measure personal aesthetic appeal as either good or bad, let alone "like shit."
You can, perhaps it is the 'like shit' comment that offends your political correctness, but either way you sound like a computer crashing. For me, this stadium is superior aesthetically to the three other stadiums I mentioned. I am allowed to do this and believe passionately in it. What exactly is your malfunction with my statement? You want me to explain why the new Wembley was so bland they had to add a crane like structure in the shape of an arch to at least add some sort of character? Would you like to know why the Allianz which looks like someone has broken a lava lamp over a tire is not beautiful to me? The Liverpool stadium I will not even start on as there is so much unattractive about it imo.

Now this Valencia stadium IMO is a beautiful piece of design. Original, modern, sleek, I love its name across the side - very Catalan/Valenciano to advertise like this, it is more than a stadium for football. It is a beautiful structure that reminds us of firstly the huge architectural heritage of Valencia and indeed all the Costa Brava, the love of football of this community, the attention to detail and finally the natural beauty of the actual design. Now a politically correct person would simply say - 'I think, the new Liverpool stadium ect perhaps got it wrong when you compare it to the new Valencia stadium.' Me, considering the money, boastful nature of these previous stadium - plus how ugly they all look, I myself, not politically correct - not at a dinner party with ambassadors, but on an internet forum can simply say - 'they will be made to look like shit when the new Valencia stadium is finished.' And I stand by that.

Old February 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM   #316
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
You can, perhaps it is the 'like shit' comment that offends your political correctness, but either way you sound like a computer crashing. For me, this stadium is superior aesthetically to the three other stadiums I mentioned. I am allowed to do this and believe passionately in it. What exactly is your malfunction with my statement? You want me to explain why the new Wembley was so bland they had to add a crane like structure in the shape of an arch to at least add some sort of character? Would you like to know why the Allianz which looks like someone has broken a lava lamp over a tire is not beautiful to me? The Liverpool stadium I will not even start on as there is so much unattractive about it imo.

Now this Valencia stadium IMO is a beautiful piece of design. Original, modern, sleek, I love its name across the side - very Catalan/Valenciano to advertise like this, it is more than a stadium for football. It is a beautiful structure that reminds us of firstly the huge architectural heritage of Valencia and indeed all the Costa Brava, the love of football of this community, the attention to detail and finally the natural beauty of the actual design. Now a politically correct person would simply say - 'I think, the new Liverpool stadium ect perhaps got it wrong when you compare it to the new Valencia stadium.' Me, considering the money, boastful nature of these previous stadium - plus how ugly they all look, I myself, not politically correct - not at a dinner party with ambassadors, but on an internet forum can simply say - 'they will be made to look like shit when the new Valencia stadium is finished.' And I stand by that.
Pardon me for trying to figure out what you're basing your opinion on. I was simply looking for a qualifier as to what you saw in this stadium that not only was to your liking but in turn put the others to shame. Such reasoning sounds like inherent bias rather than architectural criticism. I agree the arch at Wembley is contrite, but my opinion of Wembley is based on Wembley, not the Mastella. And seeing as I find the Mastella less than original or dynamic I wanted to learn if there was something more that I was missing. I guess on one level I didn't get the response I'd hoped for, but on another I found what I was looking for. Thanks for, um, discussing.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM   #317
Reaper-strain
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post
but my opinion of Wembley is based on Wembley, not the Mastella.
Good for you, I however am able to compare stadia. I compared you to a computer as a joke, now I see I was actually skirting around the reality of your binary mind. I am also able to compare stadiums, I did. You first told me I cannot compare them on Aesthetics () - I proved I could. I stated - only briefly why I do not like these stadia as I already sensed your mind was in overload when telling me I could not compare the aesthetics in the first place. Now you come back with bias?

I don't like arguing with broken Macs - man - reboot and then perhaps download a programme that explains that humans are capable of making choices on aesthetics and then - even comparing the results without being bias, in a swimming pool or any other stupid excuse your corrupted binary tries to resolve the obvious with.

If none of this works, you may have caught a virus, try this . Only when I am sure your harddrive is clean will I engage you with more details about how unimaginative 'The Home of Football' is if you wish to discuss further.

Last edited by Reaper-strain; February 23rd, 2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:58 PM   #318
MoreOrLess

Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
I am neither, only interested in aesthetics and this stadium is superior in beauty than Wembley the Allianz and the drawings for the new Liverpool stadium. It might be hard for you to accept this coming from someone with no natural bias accept that of aesthetics but at the end of the day, who cares. If you can't accept that basic fact, life becomes very complicated.

Again, Well done to the Valencianos showing us their true style.
Your one of the most nationalistic posters on this forum in my expereince so excuse me if I ignore the "no bias" comment.
MoreOrLess no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:30 PM   #319
Reaper-strain
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrLess View Post
Your one of the most nationalistic posters on this forum in my expereince so excuse me if I ignore the "no bias" comment.
Nationalistic? That is the love of one country. Which country am I nationalistic for? Please show me and feel free to quote my past posts. i think you will find it is more than one unfortunately for your nationalist argument. But feel free to ignore my 'bias' post on aesthetics of stadia - its only fair, whenever i smell someone politically correct like yourself, i throw up in my mouth a little.

Last edited by Reaper-strain; February 23rd, 2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:35 PM   #320
Reaper-strain
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCidMinD81 View Post
great pic

Tags
estadio, mestalla, soccer, spain in the world, stadiums, stadiums spain, valencia