daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Proposed



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 15th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #301
Reaper-strain
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Athens, Barcelona, Nice
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 1

Stunning, a beautiful design and excellent work rate on top of that.
Will be incredible when it is done. This stadium will make the Allianz, New Liverpool Stadium and even Wembley look like shit.

Well done to the Valencianos for this amazing project.
Reaper-strain no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old February 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM   #302
artoor
Registered User
 
artoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warszawa/Jabłonna
Posts: 847
Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper-strain View Post
This stadium will make the Allianz, New Liverpool Stadium and even Wembley look like shit.
What a lovely expression!
That's why I don't value Spanish or Catalunha football fans very high.
Quick to offend others and feel offended if the home club is a bit down.
Pathetic.
artoor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #303
kennyrouge
blank
 
kennyrouge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: liverpool
Posts: 1,331
Likes (Received): 247

The new liverpool stadium will never be built, not by the yanks anyway.
kennyrouge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #304
Reaper-strain
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Athens, Barcelona, Nice
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by artoor View Post
What a lovely expression!
That's why I don't value Spanish or Catalunha football fans very high.
Quick to offend others and feel offended if the home club is a bit down.
Pathetic.
I am neither, only interested in aesthetics and this stadium is superior in beauty than Wembley the Allianz and the drawings for the new Liverpool stadium. It might be hard for you to accept this coming from someone with no natural bias accept that of aesthetics but at the end of the day, who cares. If you can't accept that basic fact, life becomes very complicated.

Again, Well done to the Valencianos showing us their true style.
Reaper-strain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2008, 04:58 AM   #305
aCidMinD81
Tres huevos
 
aCidMinD81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Valencia (Spain, EU)
Posts: 2,718
Likes (Received): 29

February 15, 2008















Link to download the panorama (5'7 Mb)
__________________
íMa que ets templÓ, bonica, artista i fallera!
aCidMinD81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #306
kazetuner
Perito Mercantil XD
 
kazetuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,699
Likes (Received): 9

no puedo esperar a ver como el estadio supera el nivel de la calle...... lastima que despues ya no se vera tanto la construccion del interior.................excepto que algiuen se escabulla o se haga pasar por operario:P todo sea por el bien de este thread
__________________
Este post es tan bueno que ni mi avatar puede resistirse a mirarlo
my flickr
kazetuner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:03 AM   #307
aCidMinD81
Tres huevos
 
aCidMinD81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Valencia (Spain, EU)
Posts: 2,718
Likes (Received): 29

February 20, 2008

Let's count cranes!















Link to the not scaled panorama (3,62 Mb)
__________________
íMa que ets templÓ, bonica, artista i fallera!
aCidMinD81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 09:55 PM   #308
marrio415
Registered User
 
marrio415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mansfield and Oxford UK
Posts: 821
Likes (Received): 9

it will be a very nice stadium when finished,valencia fans i bet you guys can't wait
marrio415 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:58 PM   #309
aCidMinD81
Tres huevos
 
aCidMinD81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Valencia (Spain, EU)
Posts: 2,718
Likes (Received): 29

Today has been announced that Valencia C.F. will build a 20-storey 5 stars hotel in the same plot, the project is being studied by Mark Fenwick, the architect od the stadium.

Here is a render of the volume of the hotel.



And here, some renders of Mark Fenwick's design for Hercules Stadium in Alicante (it is not Valencia's one although they are quite similar)... with a hotel too.

__________________
íMa que ets templÓ, bonica, artista i fallera!

Last edited by aCidMinD81; February 22nd, 2008 at 08:36 PM.
aCidMinD81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM   #310
bixa louca
Registered User
 
bixa louca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 52
Likes (Received): 0

Oh. Oh. You posted something in, gasp, Spanish. Hope your post doesn't disappear!
__________________
ONLY RESPECT THE RELIGIONS THAT RESPECT YOU.
bixa louca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:15 PM   #311
lpioe
Registered User
 
lpioe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,156
Likes (Received): 13

I don't like the tower so close to the stadium.

Btw is the Hercules project approved? What's the cap?
__________________




3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values


my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:24 PM   #312
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicken City, GA
Posts: 3,915
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper-strain View Post
Stunning, a beautiful design and excellent work rate on top of that.
Will be incredible when it is done. This stadium will make the Allianz, New Liverpool Stadium and even Wembley look like shit.
Given the angle you take in your post that follows, I'm curious as to how you're reaching this opinion. What do you find about this design that is so superior to Allianz, etc.? Especially if you're talking about aesthetics then I find it hard for you to call something bad. Either you like it or don't, but you can't measure personal aesthetic appeal as either good or bad, let alone "like shit."
__________________
"I'll buy that for a dollar!"
GunnerJacket no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM   #313
Genš
re re re ra ra ra
 
Genš's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London
Posts: 4,731
Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpioe View Post
I don't like the tower so close to the stadium.
Same...
__________________
ASLANTEPE. | the new home of Galatasaray SK
Genš no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 01:46 PM   #314
lukus
Registered User
 
lukus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Port Elizabeth
Posts: 701
Likes (Received): 0

Great stadium. From the renders, reminds me a bit of upgraded FNB stadium in South Africa.
__________________
2010 FIFA World Cup - Ke Nako. Celebrate Africa's Humanity

Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium - Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

View blog of NMB Stadium here
lukus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM   #315
Reaper-strain
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Athens, Barcelona, Nice
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post
Given the angle you take in your post that follows, I'm curious as to how you're reaching this opinion. What do you find about this design that is so superior to Allianz, etc.? Especially if you're talking about aesthetics then I find it hard for you to call something bad. Either you like it or don't, but you can't measure personal aesthetic appeal as either good or bad, let alone "like shit."
You can, perhaps it is the 'like shit' comment that offends your political correctness, but either way you sound like a computer crashing. For me, this stadium is superior aesthetically to the three other stadiums I mentioned. I am allowed to do this and believe passionately in it. What exactly is your malfunction with my statement? You want me to explain why the new Wembley was so bland they had to add a crane like structure in the shape of an arch to at least add some sort of character? Would you like to know why the Allianz which looks like someone has broken a lava lamp over a tire is not beautiful to me? The Liverpool stadium I will not even start on as there is so much unattractive about it imo.

Now this Valencia stadium IMO is a beautiful piece of design. Original, modern, sleek, I love its name across the side - very Catalan/Valenciano to advertise like this, it is more than a stadium for football. It is a beautiful structure that reminds us of firstly the huge architectural heritage of Valencia and indeed all the Costa Brava, the love of football of this community, the attention to detail and finally the natural beauty of the actual design. Now a politically correct person would simply say - 'I think, the new Liverpool stadium ect perhaps got it wrong when you compare it to the new Valencia stadium.' Me, considering the money, boastful nature of these previous stadium - plus how ugly they all look, I myself, not politically correct - not at a dinner party with ambassadors, but on an internet forum can simply say - 'they will be made to look like shit when the new Valencia stadium is finished.' And I stand by that.

Reaper-strain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM   #316
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicken City, GA
Posts: 3,915
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper-strain View Post
You can, perhaps it is the 'like shit' comment that offends your political correctness, but either way you sound like a computer crashing. For me, this stadium is superior aesthetically to the three other stadiums I mentioned. I am allowed to do this and believe passionately in it. What exactly is your malfunction with my statement? You want me to explain why the new Wembley was so bland they had to add a crane like structure in the shape of an arch to at least add some sort of character? Would you like to know why the Allianz which looks like someone has broken a lava lamp over a tire is not beautiful to me? The Liverpool stadium I will not even start on as there is so much unattractive about it imo.

Now this Valencia stadium IMO is a beautiful piece of design. Original, modern, sleek, I love its name across the side - very Catalan/Valenciano to advertise like this, it is more than a stadium for football. It is a beautiful structure that reminds us of firstly the huge architectural heritage of Valencia and indeed all the Costa Brava, the love of football of this community, the attention to detail and finally the natural beauty of the actual design. Now a politically correct person would simply say - 'I think, the new Liverpool stadium ect perhaps got it wrong when you compare it to the new Valencia stadium.' Me, considering the money, boastful nature of these previous stadium - plus how ugly they all look, I myself, not politically correct - not at a dinner party with ambassadors, but on an internet forum can simply say - 'they will be made to look like shit when the new Valencia stadium is finished.' And I stand by that.
Pardon me for trying to figure out what you're basing your opinion on. I was simply looking for a qualifier as to what you saw in this stadium that not only was to your liking but in turn put the others to shame. Such reasoning sounds like inherent bias rather than architectural criticism. I agree the arch at Wembley is contrite, but my opinion of Wembley is based on Wembley, not the Mastella. And seeing as I find the Mastella less than original or dynamic I wanted to learn if there was something more that I was missing. I guess on one level I didn't get the response I'd hoped for, but on another I found what I was looking for. Thanks for, um, discussing.
__________________
"I'll buy that for a dollar!"
GunnerJacket no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM   #317
Reaper-strain
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Athens, Barcelona, Nice
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post
but my opinion of Wembley is based on Wembley, not the Mastella.
Good for you, I however am able to compare stadia. I compared you to a computer as a joke, now I see I was actually skirting around the reality of your binary mind. I am also able to compare stadiums, I did. You first told me I cannot compare them on Aesthetics () - I proved I could. I stated - only briefly why I do not like these stadia as I already sensed your mind was in overload when telling me I could not compare the aesthetics in the first place. Now you come back with bias?

I don't like arguing with broken Macs - man - reboot and then perhaps download a programme that explains that humans are capable of making choices on aesthetics and then - even comparing the results without being bias, in a swimming pool or any other stupid excuse your corrupted binary tries to resolve the obvious with.

If none of this works, you may have caught a virus, try this . Only when I am sure your harddrive is clean will I engage you with more details about how unimaginative 'The Home of Football' is if you wish to discuss further.

Last edited by Reaper-strain; February 23rd, 2008 at 09:40 PM.
Reaper-strain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:58 PM   #318
MoreOrLess
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,245
Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper-strain View Post
I am neither, only interested in aesthetics and this stadium is superior in beauty than Wembley the Allianz and the drawings for the new Liverpool stadium. It might be hard for you to accept this coming from someone with no natural bias accept that of aesthetics but at the end of the day, who cares. If you can't accept that basic fact, life becomes very complicated.

Again, Well done to the Valencianos showing us their true style.
Your one of the most nationalistic posters on this forum in my expereince so excuse me if I ignore the "no bias" comment.
MoreOrLess no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:30 PM   #319
Reaper-strain
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Athens, Barcelona, Nice
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrLess View Post
Your one of the most nationalistic posters on this forum in my expereince so excuse me if I ignore the "no bias" comment.
Nationalistic? That is the love of one country. Which country am I nationalistic for? Please show me and feel free to quote my past posts. i think you will find it is more than one unfortunately for your nationalist argument. But feel free to ignore my 'bias' post on aesthetics of stadia - its only fair, whenever i smell someone politically correct like yourself, i throw up in my mouth a little.

Last edited by Reaper-strain; February 23rd, 2008 at 11:50 PM.
Reaper-strain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:35 PM   #320
Reaper-strain
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Athens, Barcelona, Nice
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCidMinD81 View Post
great pic
Reaper-strain no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
estadio, mestalla, soccer, spain in the world, stadiums, stadiums spain, valencia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu