daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Never Built

Never Built Projects once planned for construction but never built.

Old August 9th, 2007, 06:36 PM   #1
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

Location: Nanjing (CN), Beijing (CN), Braunschweig (GER), Dubai (UAE)
Likes (Received): 83

#NEVER BUILT: THE ISLAND OF IRELAND, Res (The World)

The Island of Ireland - a 225,000 sq ft hotel resort boasting a magnificent collection of homes, apartments, intimate boutiques and restaurants, casual seaside cafés, beautiful beaches, a central marina, recreation centre and a luxury spa. The ideal blend of luxury, tranquillity and personal fulfilment. The Island of Ireland is simply unique

And so is this opportunity... to own, enjoy and profit from a resort property utterly unlike any other, at the heart of the most exclusive real-estate development on the planet, in the most incredible city on earth.

We had a vision… to bring a little piece of Ireland to the sun. To create a luxury hotel resort to which those who have shaped our modern, thriving nation can escape as a little reward once in a while, without ever losing touch with home. Will you be among the fortunate few to become Founding Members and share in our dream? Perhaps you'll choose an apartment overlooking the new Giant's Causeway, not in Antrim, but in the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf. If you do, a new world of opportunities and advantages awaits you...

Prepare to be thoroughly spoiled... Enjoy a relaxing massage in our unique pavilion style treatment rooms as the sun sets over the Arabian Gulf, or keep yourself toned in our state-of-the-art gymnasium. The Spa on the Island of Ireland takes health and wellness to new heights of luxury with a 20,000 sq ft 5-star facility boasting a fully equipped gymnasium and wellness centre with leading spa treatments, sumptuous saunas and steam rooms and an exquisite infinity pool deck.

The World's most cosmopolitan city is also home to the most cosmopolitan cuisine, and our restaurants will be no exception. A flavour of Ireland is guaranteed, while the tastes of the world will be brought to your table. And as you'd expect from a leading 5-star hotel resort on the Island of Ireland, your wish is our command. Whether you are in your room or the spa, at the beach or the marina, in the restaurant or the bar, our purpose is to serve you.

Streets that inspire the imagination... The unique architecture of the Island of Ireland is inspired by the architecture of Ireland through the ages, yet tastefully designed to provide ultra-modern, state-of-the-art accommodation and facilities. The island has a large internal marina with berths available to residents and landscaped courtyard areas, evoking the wide Georgian squares of Dublin. The exclusive villas and apartments sit well in their sunny Dubai surroundings; yet carry more than just a hint of Irishness to them. Throughout the island are intimate boutiques, Irish restaurants and exclusive bars that will remind you of home.

The World - 300 man-made islands surrounded by an oval breakwater shaped to form the map of the world. The Island of Ireland is strategically located at the centre of The World. This means that it is ideal for travelling to and from the other island resorts in The World as well as to and from Dubai via 24-hour shuttle water taxis, or on your own berthed yacht. Travel time is optimised by four major transportation hubs strategically located throughout the development and connected by waterways and channels.

Most islands will be developed as resorts with villas, apartments and hotels. Many of these resort islands will be themed with aspects of the architecture, history and culture of the countries that the island represents. In this way, you will be able to enjoy the world's diverse experiences in one of the most fascinating destinations on the planet, discovering in the process, that The World can actually revolve around you.

Special Owner Privileges (Limited Offer):

The first 119 purchasers will receive full membership of the Founders Members Club. This entitles each member to the following:

Two Weeks free usage per year (excluding October, December & Easter Week)
Global Concierge Service
Founders Bar
Spa Privileges
Guaranteed Restaurant Reservation
Family Crest Displayed for Eternity in Reception
Profit Share (All owners will be entitled to a pro rata share of approximately 60% of the Net Profit of the resort)

Prices:

1 Bedroom Apartments (Marina & Courtyard) 95 sq metres - AED 3,578,996 (£494,000 approx)

2 Bedroom Apartments (Marina & Courtyard) 144 sq metres - AED 5,425,005 (£748,000 approx)

3 Bedroom Apartments (Marina & Courtyard) 217 to 221 sq metres - AED 8,175,182 to AED 8,325,876 (£1.12 million to £1.15 million approx)

Payment Terms:

Holding deposit 10,000 Euros (AED 50,000) due immediately

1st Payment - 15% of purchase price (minus holding deposit) within 21 days of holding deposit
2nd Payment - 10% of purchase price due 1st December 2007
3rd Payment - 15% of purchase price due 1st June 2008
4th Payment - 15% of purchase price due 1st December 2008
5th Payment - 15% of purchase price due 1st June 2009
6th Payment - 15% of purchase price due 1st December 2010
7th Payment - 15% of purchase price due on handover (completion estimated late 2010)

Disclaimer: Property details, prices and availability are supplied by vendors or their agents and are subject to change. findaplaceabroad.com cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice. New location of the Irish Village. Probably the best place to get in Dubai

Last edited by Julito-dubai; August 9th, 2007 at 06:56 PM. Reason: larger resolution pic
Julito-dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 9th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

one more and the link:

http://www.findaproperty.com/display...&agentid=07518
Old August 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #3
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

more details here:

http://www.landvestdubai.com/p123-26...ription.html#0
Old August 9th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #4
cheese

Likes (Received): 0

that is the most ugliest design i ever seen
cheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:46 PM   #5
Tate
The Boss

Likes (Received): 22

I agree! That's hideous! And where is the f*****g island? There's waaaay too much development on this island! Only one beach too! If that render is correct of course? They're gonna spend an absolute fortune building all of this crap!!!
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #6
GeneratorNL
From Holland with love

Likes (Received): 475

I like it . I would want to live and/or work there. I'm curious about what they are going to build on the "The Netherlands"-island, because I'm from that country. Does anyone knows if there are any plans for that island?
GeneratorNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #7
dubaiflo
visit my homepage

Likes (Received): 7

Malec will be able to tell us if it has the ireland style

aside from this, it's ok. like a small village.

and look at the prices.. developers seem to have realized how expensive building on the world will be..

completion late 2010 of course not.. at least it says "estimated"
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #8
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

http://www.theislandofireland.com/

homepage
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:22 PM   #9
Tate
The Boss

After some more lenghty thought, it's not as bad as I had first assumed. My initial feeling was not very good as it doesn't seem to have a real Irish feel to it and there doesn't appear to be much island left... but I suppose the best thing to do is give it a chance and see how it goes, eh?

Well, once the Irish pubs open up and the Guinness starts to flow it'll have an Irish feel to it alright! I can see 'em staggering out, singing as they go after closing time and walking right off the piers! No-one can put it away like the Irish! They work hard and play hard!!!

I'm still hoping for a better overall final design and finish!
Old August 11th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #10
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 68

be Jesus, where are de rolling green hills gone on the Island of Ireland near de Paam Jumeirah.

Last edited by Dubai_Steve; August 11th, 2007 at 09:15 PM.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #11
Tate
The Boss

Where are the Castles? Can't be Ireland without at least one!
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #12
numnut

Likes (Received): 0

right first time Tate, one tasteless unholy abortion of a project and devoid of anything uniquely Irish. Only a complete imbecile would fork out well over €720k for a 1 bed apartment on here.
numnut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #13
Tate
The Boss

Yeah, I have come back to my senses on this one mate! After a couple of days of not being able to make my mind up about the island of Ireland I've decide to go with my initial gut feeling/reaction! It's utter shite!!! Whoever designed that has never set foot in Ireland - and if they have then they should be ashamed of themselves! There's nothing there that is even remotely close to being Irish... it's just a farce!!! I was willing to give it a chance... but the more I look at it now the more I just feel like screaming!!!

There is not not one f*****g shread of this development that even resembles Ireland in any way so I really don't know what these "developers" are thinking!? They've put a central marina in there effectively and literally ripping the heart out of the island... What's the point of that? The island is surrounded by f*****g water for Gods sake! You're just losin' very valuable space that can be put to great use! And where is all the green grass, the trees, etc etc?

They're saying: "The Island of Ireland is simply unique" Oh it's unique alright - unique in the fact that it has absolutely nothing in common with Ireland!
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:41 PM   #14
Tate
The Boss

Avoid at all cost!!! A complete and utter rip-off!!! People should know that this is not Ireland in any way shape or form!!! Who are they trying to kid with this insult?

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnut
Only a complete imbecile would fork out well over €720k for a 1 bed apartment on here.
For a one bed

My advice =
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #15
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 2711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
...Whoever designed that has never set foot in Ireland
I admid I have never set foot in Ireland ... however that doesn't mean I was the one to design that thing.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 01:54 AM   #16
Tate
The Boss

Humm....

Yeah I'll bet it was you though eh? Now it all becomes clear... My ass looks and feels more like Ireland than that poor miserable excuse for a development.

How could you do it AltinD? Your reputation will be in complete ruins when this gets out!

We need to have words when I get out there to Dubai dude! Serious words!

I'll tell you what, if you buy me a Villa in Emirates Hills I'll keep my lips zipped, ok?

Old August 12th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #17
DG
Emirian Lady

Likes (Received): 1

its not bad though.
DG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 02:54 AM   #18
Tate
The Boss

But the whole point DG is that it has absolutely NOTHING in common with Ireland! It's supposed to have an Irish feel, or look about it... but where is it?

It is also supposed to look GREEN!!!

They should have went for a Castle with lots of cute little cottages surrounded by lots of trees...on one side at least, just to give it that real Irish flavour. Something similar to Bunratty Castle in Co. Clare in the west of Ireland. They hold banquets there all the time for tourists, or anyone really and they're always a huge success! I've been to a couple myself over there and they're just brilliant! All traditional costumes etc etc.
Old August 12th, 2007, 03:06 AM   #19
DG
Emirian Lady

Likes (Received): 1

you have a wide imagination which can't match the developers' greediness . Well lets wait for malec to decide whether it is suitable to be called Ireland or not :p
DG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 03:28 AM   #20
Tate
The Boss

Well, my dad is Irish, born and bred, and he was horrified when I e-mailed him that render in Japan yesterday.

Tags
artificial island, the world