daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Toronto > Development Archive

Old August 9th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #1
The 'Sauga
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Red @ Equinox | Approved | 38 St | ??? m | Scarborough Town Centre

The 5th tower of Monarch's STC development and is LEED qualified. No renderings yet..

Call me crazy but I'm starting to like STC. Despite being surrounded by industrial wasteland and being the least pedestrian accesible of Toronto's Civic Centres I think it has potential. I like how these recent condo projects is adding density to the already busy transit hub and creating a decent skyline for STC. The station reminds me of a mini version of Hong Kong's satellite towns with transit access, and high density housing surrounding a shopping mall. I'm also happening to be quite fond of the mall as well.

Last edited by The 'Sauga; August 9th, 2007 at 08:50 PM.
The 'Sauga no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 9th, 2007, 10:28 PM   #2
elliot

Likes (Received): 14

FYI, I'm not from Mississauga! =D

Then why the "handle".. if it's ironic, I don't get it.
elliot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:57 AM   #3
urban 2.0

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 'Sauga View Post
The 5th tower of Monarch's STC development and is LEED qualified. No renderings yet..

Call me crazy but I'm starting to like STC. Despite being surrounded by industrial wasteland and being the least pedestrian accesible of Toronto's Civic Centres I think it has potential. I like how these recent condo projects is adding density to the already busy transit hub and creating a decent skyline for STC. The station reminds me of a mini version of Hong Kong's satellite towns with transit access, and high density housing surrounding a shopping mall. I'm also happening to be quite fond of the mall as well.
Ya that's what excites me about Toronto - is the creation of these Node cities. Hopefully STC can start adding more industrial/commercial towers into the mix.

It would be great if the government would try to promote different a different look and feel for each of these mini-cities - so they will become attractions within themselves.

I like the Downtown Markham scheme - that idea should be carried GTA wide.
urban 2.0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #4
current

Likes (Received): 7

This article is from the Toronto Star:

Eco suites steps from amenities

Sep 08, 2007 04:30 AM

Sales for Red at Equinox have been brisk, with nearly half the 369 units sold on opening weekend. Developed by Monarch and the Goldman Group, the 40-storey tower will be steps from the Scarborough Town Centre and a Loblaws Supercentre that is under construction.

"Scarborough seems to be one of the last places to get affordable product with a city centre and amenities," says Linda Mitchell, vice-president of sales and marketing for Monarch. "The whole building is priced under $300,000 (for each unit) except for the penthouses, which haven't been released yet."

Environmental initiatives also set this condominium apart, she says. Car-sharing memberships will be available to residents at no charge above usage costs.

"There will be three cars available to residents, who can also reserve cars from 100 other car-sharing sites in Toronto," Mitchell says. "And for people who do not purchase parking spots, a one-year transferable TTC Metropass will be included with their suite purchase."

Energy conservation will also be a big priority. The building will feature individual hydro metering, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, low-flow shower heads, an automated recycling system to sort waste and low-E, argon-filled, insulated, tinted windows.

Interior finishes will include strip laminate flooring, sisal carpet or 40-ounce broadloom in bedrooms, kitchens with ceramic backsplashes and granite counters, three Energy Star appliances – fridge, dishwasher and front-load washing machine – as well as a self-cleaning range and stacked dryer.Amenities will include a fitness centre with separate aerobics room, billiards room, theatre, party room, two guest suites and car wash bay in the underground. Maintenance fees will be 46 cents a square foot, which excludes heat and hydro.

One-bedroom to two-bedroom plus solarium units range from 515 to 868 square feet. Prices range from $153,990 to $285,990. Occupancy is set for December 2010.

A model suite, designed by Alex Chapman, is at 60 Brian Harrison Way, Toronto. For more information call 416-495-3582 or visit www.monarchgroup.net.

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/253180
current no está en línea   Reply With Quote