search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Ajman

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 5th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #101
uaeprop

Likes (Received): 6

Dear Ek Lex:
Certainly seems like most, if not all developers have turned down the land departments "invitation".. even if there are a lot of loopholes. Even in Dubai, with vastly more rules, developers are doing what they want. In some cases good, in some cases bad.

Sweethomes:
I've tried every which way to get Sweethomes to give me in writing that they would not demand beyond the 50% payment - until construction progresses etc. They won't and keep saying they'll make a decision when we reach that level.

I have zero faith in them, for the following reasons;
- They widely advertised a 50% payment on completion, 25% on handover, 25% later payment plan. Ads, press conferences etc. This payment plan was the single biggest factor in my deciding to buy.

- Delayed delivering the contract for months, while I was paying (10% paid), and then when the contract came, it showed a quarterly payment plan. I should have walked away at this point.

- No construction, but collecting payments aggressively. No voluntary suspension of payments - or a rewrite at least.

- No meaningful communications.

- Now increasingly difficult to even get an appointment with them.

After all this, if I expect them to behave any differently in the future - will be my fault. If they said they need till 2015, and adjusted the payment plan accordingly, I can fully understand. Again, that is not their style.

Instead, I see that they go to Russia, Kuwait, Oman etc. for more exhibitions, more marketing. They need 200+ workers at the site, instead there's 4 or 5.

Trust me, I've thought long and hard about it - not easy writing off 17% (35% paid less 50% refund) plus thousands in legal fees.... but unless I see an announcement with some change in the payment plan, I'd rather cut my losses.

If I could absorb a bigger loss, certainly would wait and see... like you suggested. An extremely painful experience, but what to do.

By the way, my contract has a clause that says, if the project is not delivered by August 2012, they will refund all money, with 6% interest.... I may have considered it, if I had some assurance, or was dealing with someone who does what they say.

In summary - I really wish everyone the best, I don't take any pleasure in anyone else loosing money, or talking down the project. I don't have anything nice to say about my experience with Sweethomes, but hopefully the project gets completed and everyone has a nice place to live.
uaeprop no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #102
rajasthani

Likes (Received): 0

Dear Brothers,

I can see, only 3-4 peoples are on the forum to share their pain. As we already lost our 35% money enough to start a project. As individual we cannot fight with developer, as he is not ready to give anything for project construction starting date or completion target date.

So, please decide not to pay further installment & unite to preapare legel initiative jointly against developer, if he not ready to hold our cheques.

Dear we all are EXPAT, that why we are try to get one shelter. Pls believe me, we can not fight individually, up to we commit suicide, as legal process is another mafia, who will forward us for another big loss. Already i lost my everything as well as bank loan.

We should unite, this is only one option. As Finencial recession is spreading, so we don't know, how much period, we can live here to visit Construction site, or developer office.
rajasthani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #103
Anwar khan

Dear Friends,
Thats right we should all visit their office ad make a fuss.. They have been advertising their payment plan for long time and now they are tellling us completely dfferent stories... I dont live in UAE but I am planning to visit in jan 2009 hopefully then we will visit their office. However, if some of you cant wait till jan 2009 then please go....To be honest , all builders are the same especially when it comes to either payment plan or possession date....
Anwar khan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #104
Anwar khan

Are you people worrying that Sweet homes might run away with our money??? or abandon Ajman uptown project...or something like this??
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #105
Anwar khan

After having paid 50% we must stop making payments to make sweet homes comply with their advertised payment plan....
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #106
uaeprop

Dear Rajasthani:
We wrote post dated cheques. Sweethomes continues to cash them. In Feb 2009, it will be 40% paid. In the UAE, one needs legal help to stop cheques. I would prefer to not spend any more money - esp. for lawyers - but have no choice. If it was one cheque maybe easy, but 7-8 post dated cheques remaining. Closing the account, doesn't help either - we've tried everything.

I have asked them to give me in writing, that I will pay upto 50% and then stop till completion. Their response, we can discuss in Aug 2009, when that 50% payment point comes. I have zero faith.

If you all set up a date, I can get my brother, who lives there, to go along. So far, he has been there a few times - with no luck. Until then, I have to proceed on my own to stop etc.

Anwar:
I agree all builders are the same....many in Dubai & Ajman...but some including Nakheel on certain projects have voluntarily rescheduled, suspended payments till construction catches up.

To your questions, my opinion, I don't think they need to abandon project, or run away. Just stay there, collect payments... and do nothing...or do a little bit. In my contract, For Sweethomes to suffer any penalty, my delivery has to be delayed till 2012. Your contract may say 2014.... future buyers 2016 and so on.

Unless there is a system that forces these guys to build, or suspend payments, they'll just shift sand....and play with the system. That's why they don't even feel pressured to communicate.

Just my opinions.
Old December 6th, 2008, 08:55 AM   #107
rajasthani

Dear Brothers,

We have one letter attached with our contract from R holding. I hope this R HOLDING company is the MASTER DEVELOPER & they just given MARKETING & other rights p to 2011 to manage this " AJMAN UPTOWN" prject.

Up to now R HOLDING is having good reputation for delivery & customer care & I beleive this R Holding belongs to H.H. SHIEKH RASHID AL NUIMI.

So, If SWEETHOMES continues to be dumb, better to approach R HOLDING as well as SHEIKH SAHIB.

May be this will star some vibration. But R HOLDING handed over RASHIDIYA TOWER, AL NUIMIAH tower before schduled time, why they use SWEETHOMES name for AJMAN UPTOWN. Really making upset.

Dear UAE property, re you based in DUBAI, My Agreement clause shows that if i failed to pay any insallment, after 30 days, i will get one notice, & within 90 days, if i fail to finish the payment after default, my cotract will be automatically CANCELLED & after legel & other panelty loss, they will decide how much to pay back maximum 50% of deposited amount. Starting 6 pament i paid to ajman property, So, will they accept that payment to them or not.

Now, I can remember my parents words " For medium class person, House dream is only good at native place", everywhere else he is just MISKIN. Really i am feeling very depressed & thinking to finish everything, may be my HARAKIRI will stop others to stop taking dream to make home far from the home.

I know, nobody wil publish my HARAKIRI here in newspaper, even when they are publishing everyday a full page story about AJMAN for their dream destination for house
Old December 6th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #108
Raza01

Sweet Homes is the master developer for Ajman Uptown and R. Holding and Government of Ajman is not responsible for any delays.

I will advice you to keep calm and dont panic. It is not possible that they run away and dont build any thing. this project will complete but with some delays.

Just smartly keep on pushing them for starting the construction and enhancing the payment plan.
Raza01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:33 AM   #109
uaeprop

Dear Rajasthani:

I am not based in UAE, but have used local post dated cheques for the payments.

The payment delays, cancellation - here is the wording from my contract - same as yours I think.

Clause 5
The Buyer shall pay Interest at 5% per Month on all installments for which the payments are in default. In the event that the default is not occurred within thirty(30) days from the due date then the Seller shall have the right, at its discretion, on ninety(90) days (from due date) with written notice to the Buyer's given address to, terminate this Agreement, if the payment default has not been remedied during the said ninety( 90) days notice period, this Agreement will be automatically terminated and in such an event 50 % of all payments previously made by the Buyer shall be absolutely forfeited to the Seller as liquidated damages....

Raza01:
Here is the letter that we have with our Contracts, ie that Rajasthani mentioned.

lst July 2007

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
This is to inform in general that we, the "R" Holding who are duly associated and authorized along with, Sweet Homes Real Estate & Holding ''to act on behalf of 'R' holding , who is the owner and developer of the project "AJMAN UPTOWN" that is located on plot number 92 Al- Helio area, at Emirates Main Road, Ajman, UAE.

Further we hereby certify that Sweet Homes Real Estate and Holding has the exclusive rights to market and sell all the units in "AJMAN UPTOWN" project and to receive all payments by cash, cheques, or Manager's cheques, installments, including to receive all post dated cheques, Managers cheques, Bank remittances, interest, penalty, etc paid towards the sale consideration and also to execute the necessary documents such as
Reservation Contract. and Agreement for Sale and Purchase of, said, individual / full units on behalf of 'R' Holding. This authorization will be effective from lst July 2007 to till 31st December 2012.

Sweet Homes Real Estate &. Holding shall irrevocably manage & maintain the project and is authorized to charge from,owners / buyers for such services.
Old December 8th, 2008, 05:38 AM   #110
EK LEX

Hi Raza01,

I think you are right, they wont run away with our money but will take some delay, as this project is launched by His Highness Sheikh Ammar bin Humaid Al Nuaimi, Crown Prince of Ajman, it would be silly for them to fail their first project under the witness of His Highness, of course they want to continue their business in this region.

Like UAEPROP said, i can confirm the master developer is R holding, however, i think what they do is just to assign the land to Sweethomes after receiving their $$$, after that would be a hands-off, all up to Sweethomes to do whatever land compacting, levelling, shifting sand...etc

My only concern is the payment plan, it's unfair for us to pay without justifiable deliveries. I'm more than happy to join you guys to approach Sweethomes to revise the payment plan.

I hope nobody walks off from this project, if possible, hang on till the 25% payment is up, see how the development goes and take action on the payment plan.
EK LEX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #111
Raza01

i suggest you all to do some thing to pressurize Sweet Home to start construction or review the payment plan. Send them registered letters and keep the blue print copy along with the original reciept of letter for future in case things got worse that will be the proof of your concernss and their lack of comunication.

Since most of you are outside the country and could access local lawyers which may not be as expensive as it is in u.a.e and sought their help regarding this issue and how to protect your rights as a forign investor.
Old December 9th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #112
EK LEX

Gents,

Just had a look on Ajman uptown website, apparently some new photos has been posted on construction update, looks like some new "sand shifting"... comments guys??

I hope they are really working towards the delivery of the project....
EK LEX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #113
rajasthani

Dear Friends,

UAEPROP did a great job to put letter content of R Holding, which force us to purchase this villa, If you read this full letter, you can even legally prove that master developer is R Holdng & propert broker AJMAN PROPERTY told us that like DUBAI PROPERTY & NAKEEL belongs to DUBAI SHEIKH, R HOLDING belongs to Ajman Sheikh, So we should not worry, & we believed on their words.

Slowly slowly i am recoverying panic & when i read full peoples views in SKYSCRAPERCITY, i found more worsen episodes even in very big names of DUBAI also. The only thing is that, last year we are getting money from banks & market & from our companies, so we did not make good research work. Now, bank refuse loan, Employers not sure for salaries & now these property dealers want to enjoy this situation.

As i was in their Dubai headoffice & they are busy with cancelling the bookings, so this is another high time for making money for them, straight 50%, No interest money for more than 1year, new sell for the same returned villas at high prices. So DEVELOPER is in WINNING situation as they are prfessional MASTER of this MAFIA game cycle, who accordingly make AGREEMENTS, handover agreements to us after 5 installments with PDC cheques & now playing with rumours & harrasing end users for PDC clause as per their agreement, so that they cancel their villa.

But i decided now,If they cancel my villa for not able to comply PDC, either i will start hungry protest up to die in front of their Dubai office, so atleast they cannot do with other peoples & new incomers can undersand that not only we are defaulters, they are more defaulter by doing nothing & they are not extending our PDC cheques voluntrarly, as they are not related our payment with consruction.

I need all you people guidence, is there is any process to meet the rulers here in UAE for telling them our grivences, though we are expat & here nobody listen us or print us, but if we loose everything here, is this not bad for the trust of the world, who is looking at the UAE as home away from the HOME.

I hope that our UAE rulers are not only ruler of their EMIRATES , but ministers FEDRAL govt. also.

Sometimes, i amazed by reading news that MUNICIPALITY fined one garment shop, who is increased the price during EID vacation or some SALE is not genuine salein MEDIA. Are the person like us, who put our whole life savings plus 1.5 years dreams for getting house in Nov. 2009 is not comes under " CUSTOMER" category. When govt. take action on these small shops or supermarket for CONSUMER PROTECTION, why we are not protected? Why there is no responsibility or obligation towards customer for these DEVELOPERS?

Last edited by rajasthani; December 10th, 2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old December 11th, 2008, 07:28 AM   #114
Raza01

Hey Hey Rajasthani slow down man...and dont think too much.. Nothing is going to happen to your property and your money...as soon as property market comes back to normal every body will start praising Dubai and its market again.

What I think about the slow down of construction of Ajman Uptown is because Sweet Home wants to put all profits in his pocket and that’s why the formed new construction company and awarded the Uptown Contract to it. But they don’t understand that it’s not an easy job for a newly formed company to handle such a big project.

So they are struggling for equipments and labor and also their whole circle of investment is broke because of this slow down. I heard that they bought some land for new villas beside Al Amera Village few months before and I think their major funds go to that project and nothing is selling now a day so definitely they are in trouble also.

A good developer never wants to cancel the contract and they give time to their customers but in nowadays condition investors are willing to cancel their contracts to get some money that’s why there is panic every where.

So I will say if you could not pay then try to stop the cheaques and negotiate with them to give you time for payments.
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #115
uaeprop

Rajasthani:
I don't have any idea as to how to stop Sweethomes.

Advertise one payment plan, but issue contracts that have a different plan. Misrepresentation from the start. No one to stop them.

For a long time now, in our many meetings, Sweethomes keep saying that they will restructure payments in Uptown - once the 50% point is reached. If they want, they can issue a contract modification now - saying that at the 50% mark, they will stop collecting payments till the construction advances.

Already, some buyers in Sweethomes projects in Emirates City - are saying their possession and handover payment cheques are being cashed, regardless of the promises made. Again, no one can stop them. You can expect them to behave the same on this project too.

I don't believe the Govt will get involved - unless they start enforcing the new law. A lot of off plan projects have stopped construction or have a few workers on site. Some have changed the payment plans, others have not. Seems like it is left to the developer - and not controlled. Like you said, the municipality may be stricter with controlling the sale price !

Frankly, each one of us needs to decide by ourselves - what is best. In the past, I used to think that if 5 or 10 buyers went there together, it would make a difference. I don't think so anymore - at least not with this developer.

Even if we complain, they continue to cash the cheques.
If we cancel, they probably just resell.

This past weekend, I heard Sweethomes had large advertisements in Oman.

Last edited by uaeprop; December 12th, 2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old December 13th, 2008, 12:13 PM   #116
rajasthani

Dear Brothers,

Is you read the news that AJMAN will follow the same DUBAI ESCROW account system from first quarter of new year. In Dubai ESCROW rule, clearly states that payment is releted to construction & before delivery, cmpany can take maximum 50% of total amount. As my next due payment date is on Feb 2009. SO, what i should do, that my rest cheques should be go only to Govt. Of Ajman, not to a builder, who not able to complete patchwork of even roads in AJMAN UPTOWN & invest our hard earned money in ESCAPE villa as Mr. Raza said above. But when i am reading ESCAPE VILLA thread, there is one company representative writes reply on most of the related issues. But is our

SWEETHOME don't want any communication??. Anyway How Mr. Raza know that ESCAPE villas in AL AMEERA village is again a same group who sometimes becomes R HOLDING, SWEET HOMES, ESCAPE PROPERTY LLC, AJMAN PROPERTY ............ , God knows what is the game.

So, Is anybody can share/guide, how Dubai people changed their PDC cheques from developer to ESCROW account. Atleast we can hope, that our rest money is in safe hand.

If you see closely, this all market panic is only due to lack of trust. If Govt come in front & take such type of initiative & provide counter guarntee, we will surely deposit our rest of installment.

Last edited by rajasthani; December 13th, 2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old December 14th, 2008, 07:11 AM   #117
Raza01

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajasthani View Post
Dear Brothers,

Is you read the news that AJMAN will follow the same DUBAI ESCROW account system from first quarter of new year. In Dubai ESCROW rule, clearly states that payment is releted to construction & before delivery, cmpany can take maximum 50% of total amount. As my next due payment date is on Feb 2009. SO, what i should do, that my rest cheques should be go only to Govt. Of Ajman, not to a builder, who not able to complete patchwork of even roads in AJMAN UPTOWN & invest our hard earned money in ESCAPE villa as Mr. Raza said above. But when i am reading ESCAPE VILLA thread, there is one company representative writes reply on most of the related issues. But is our

SWEETHOME don't want any communication??. Anyway How Mr. Raza know that ESCAPE villas in AL AMEERA village is again a same group who sometimes becomes R HOLDING, SWEET HOMES, ESCAPE PROPERTY LLC, AJMAN PROPERTY ............ , God knows what is the game.

So, Is anybody can share/guide, how Dubai people changed their PDC cheques from developer to ESCROW account. Atleast we can hope, that our rest money is in safe hand.

If you see closely, this all market panic is only due to lack of trust. If Govt come in front & take such type of initiative & provide counter guarntee, we will surely deposit our rest of installment.
I never said that Escape of Al Ameera village belong to R Holding or Sweet Homes. Sweet home was launcing another projects beside Al Ameera and Escape on same location.

Regarding Escrow law it is not possible to implement it for previously launched projects.
Old December 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM   #118
rajasthani

Dear Raza Sahab,

As i am nearly to loose my 400 K Dirhams earned by starting 2.5 K/per month to now 9 K/month in 13 Years. So, my most of time is going now in reseach work. Anybody who earned money so hard, if I am loosing my all, somebody here or sitting above all of us almightygod will make justice.

As you seems also from Property brokers group, Please advice us correct news only, otherwise how you know, that sweethomes purchase one land, so their money dumped.

I read the DUBAI LAGOON project promoted by SOHON group thread from same this plateform & cearly mentioned their that this project started without ESCROW account & afterword defaulter by SOHON GROUP to perform on time, ESCROW DUBAI changed all the cheques in their control.

Though i know i loosed already everything even my life ( 13 valuable years ) in hand of same group, which plays time by time one to another country with different names, But after so many years living in UAE, i make the concepton that this country is safest & purest corruption free country & best place to live in the world. But ooooopppppsssss. Can i get one shoulder to cry, otherwise i am so full with grievences enough to finish myself.

Last edited by rajasthani; December 14th, 2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old December 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #119
Dave1596

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajasthani View Post
Dear Raza Sahab,

As i am nearly to loose my 250 K Dirhams earned by starting 2.5 K/per month to now 9 K/month in 13 Years. So, my most of time is going now in reseach work. Anybody who earned money so hard, if I am loosing my all, somebody here or above will make justice.

As you seems also from Property brokers group, Please advice us correct news only, otherwise how you know, that sweethomes purchase one land, so their money dumped.

I read the DUBAI LAGOON project promoted by SOHON group thread from same this plateform & cearly mentioned their that this project started without ESCROW account & afterword defaulter by SOHON GROUP to perform on time, ESCROW DUBAI changed all the cheques in their control.

Though i know i loosed already everything even my life ( 13 valuable years ) in hand of same MAFIA group, which plays time by time one to another country with different names, But after so many years living in DUBAI, i make the misconcepton that this country is safest & purest corruption free country & best place to live in the world. But ooooopppppsssss. Can i get one shoulder to cry, otherwise i am so full with grievences enough to send someone in heaven & then finish myself also

Rajasthani,

I think that the link below may be of some help to you:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health

Think that you should maybe relax. No-one is running away with your money. What makes you think that they will? Do you have some inside information that you wish to share?

I think you should just relax and continue making your payments as normal. Hudini is not about to dissapear with all your cash!!

Relax,

Dave
Dave1596 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #120
BenjiDXB

Likes (Received): 39

It seems that Ajman will introduce escrow accounts in 2009...
BenjiDXB no está en línea   Reply With Quote