daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 29th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #221
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon Kruijk View Post
I agree. Last year in Slovakia I only made one ride during the night, and it was one of the most dangerous rides I've ever made, since the potholes are hardly visible and Slovaks drive like Poles. And about the mafia in Ukraine you are completely right.
What potholes? Slovak roads are not smooth as Struma, but there are no potholes which could be dangerous. They can be uncomfortable, but they won't damage your car or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon Kruijk View Post
There were indeed some idiots (drunk) on the 18 from Poprad to Mengusovce and the road (512?) from Mengusovce to Stola. But this is just my experience of 1 ride, so I was just unlucky.
II/512 is one of the most beautiful roads I know in little bit Swiss looking countryside, but it's pretty far from both Mengusovce and Štōla, it's partially in Western and Central Slovakia approximately between Partizįnske and Žarnovica. You mean II/539. And yes, you can meet some freaks or even illegal racers, but ussually on local or rural unimportant roads, but not on second class roads. You can also meet some idiots driving like 120 km/h during night through some village, but not on every corner.

Last edited by Qwert; July 30th, 2008 at 01:07 AM.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:56 PM   #222
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

I wan't sure about the road number, now I know
The road with the holes was in the village of Stola I believe. It's been a year now so I don't remember everything. The 18 is a very good road. Hardly trackforming and holes. And yes, the idiots did drive something like 110+ and they drove in the middle of the road, with their big lights on. Dangerous.
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:06 AM   #223
Norsko
Urban Citizen

Likes (Received): 6

Is the Kiev-Odessa highway a full profile European motorway?
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:21 AM   #224
Piotrek_409

Likes (Received): 0

it looks like but I guess it' s not... probably there are some grade intersections, maybe lights but anyway it looks like a good piece of quasi motor-, express way

but I suppose they totally don't care about ecology (no ecoducts etc.)
Piotrek_409 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #225
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

Likes (Received): 1418

Chris, thank you very much for posting lots off those great pictures I was already hungry for days for some fresh ones, same to my UU forumers, will post later in local HW/MW thread.

Quote:
For me and Ukrainians its a FULL YES! For you, well you tell me

Beautiful, isnt it?..except I want to point out one thing here, I don't know who the hell does that but why would anyone want put an AD on the side on the overpass if you alredy got a huge billboard sticking out!..not enough? its dangerous as well since you are paying attention up there..don't they have to put Town/KM/Road# Signs on the side on the overpass, just like they do in all European countries?this ad's don't make sence, only waste money on them

@ everyone.
I just want to ask you guys this, since I have a friend here who is native German/Prussian, he is absesed with Ukraine and especially with Ukrainian girls..so tomorrow or maybe in the next couple of days I want to show him this thread and all of the pictures on Ukrainian Highways, I want him to judge for him self after looking and giving me his answer if its okay or not okay looking. He is a daily driver him self and knows a lot about German roads because been there him self. He is planing to come to Ukraine next summer...haha
So same with all you, after all this time having this thread, give your own opinion or closest opinion if your not sure, about Ukrainian Roads..Good/Bad/Stable.../totall piece of shitjk...I sure most here already kinda made his statement un the past about them but here I want full opinion/answer! also if Ukrainian Roads are better of then Russian?..and ofcourse I wont get mad if you say its ugly, you know well about my views on my own native roads..I just want to see how many of you will match with what my friend is going to say about them
Old July 30th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #226
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsko View Post
Check one page back
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:51 PM   #227
Norsko
Urban Citizen

I must have jumped over that last page without knowing about it. Thanks for great photos, most of them brand new for me, really interesting. And with a conclusion as well
Old July 31st, 2008, 10:12 AM   #228
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

I'm glad you liked it

Entrance to Kyiv

Near Dnipro river.

Last edited by asotUA; July 31st, 2008 at 10:23 AM.
asotUA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:10 AM   #229
bebe.2006
Ekspert

Likes (Received): 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7iDmytro_UA* View Post
@ everyone.
I just want to ask you guys this ... after all this time having this thread, give your own opinion or closest opinion if your not sure, about Ukrainian Roads...
180 km in new standard on M06 near Lviv, 118 km new road between Charkow and Dniepropietrowsk, and the finish of the whole M05 Kijv-Odessa. That all in one year. It seems to me that the upgrading of Ukrainian roads are on the right way.

A intereasting question is what is the best standard of roads for Ukraine?
You must see how big the country is, how is the population density. For example in the USA are the roads not the same like in the Netherlands, because of the points above.
bebe.2006 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:39 AM   #230
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Korczowa/Krakovec - Lviv

(first pics show road on polish side)

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=278

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=279

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=280

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=283

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=284

plus some other pics, same road:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=285

Sorry for neither direct pics nor translation, but I don't have much time now

Last edited by PLH; July 31st, 2008 at 11:46 AM.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:41 AM   #231
Norsko
Urban Citizen

I think these Kiev highways looks like good roads.
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:43 AM   #232
Piotrek_409

Likes (Received): 0

some intresting photos of the main highways from Polish border (Korczowa) to Lviv (first major city on Ukrainian side), photos from polish forum http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...464769&page=15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP View Post
(...)
just the beginning 5 km concrete after the border

another 2x2... but only bridges (400 - 500 m)

Later it starts to be much worser

Just like german autobahn, but 'just' make a huge diffrence

Later

Tak, to trzy gigantycznej wielkosci progi zwalniajace - na ich krajowce.

"Obwodnica" miejscowosci Jaworow.

Typowy widoczek.

Lviv ringroad, the right signalizator doesn't work

For me the main question is how many roads in the Ukraine (approximately in percentage) have similar conditions lto those presented above or it's very rare and usually there are due carriege ways similar to motorways and other narrower but well maintained roads?

it is really easy to find a nice pictures of 2x2 road looking just like motorway, but we sould stick to the overall statistics

example: polish DK 1 Warsaw... Piotrków looks nice but that's just a section with concrete surface of this road, as a whole it dosen't even maintain the expressway standards (just 2x2 national road)

Piotrek_409 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 12:25 PM   #233
PLH

Lviv toward Kiev by DJP

NOTE: Deriding or reproaching weren't the intention of this post

We're heading from Lviv to Kiev. The worst section - cobblestones with puddles was not photographed - I had to hold the steering wheel tightly, here the "better" section

Road leading towards the capital

Such patholes in Lviv are everyday life:

Here is better, quite even, but someone has forgotten about sth, huh?

Maybe about the lanes?

VERY visible traffic lights

Everyone drives on his own

Intersection with E372 towards Lublin and Warsaw:

The overpass isn't fully 'over' so it looks quite awkward:

And here what? Who, when and where should drive?

Road to Lublin above:

And even the lines were painted

Nice shoulder:

Turn right-lane - 1st class

NOTE: Deriding or reproaching weren't the intention of this post
Old July 31st, 2008, 01:49 PM   #234
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

Well it is what it is, especially with those old speed bumps. I told my opinion alredy on this, is that I know my roads are not the best, not the worst and I wont get mad is some one is posting "village stuff"(Very Normal!) on here but I will if someone is talking crap or really just making a fool out of him self, thats when I will have to speak up.

Guys, this is what they called "fixing" or making a "better" roads couple years ago then I was still there, I guess that hobby is still in use in some places like this!

About lanes....AAAAAA!!!!!..it's a long story, thats how I had to learn how to drive in Ukraine... when my instractor would tell me, get in a position that looks like you are in a right/left lane, since I was driving in the middle of the road, but there was no lane marks that devided it!

Quote:
t is really easy to find a nice pictures of 2x2 road looking just like motorway, but we sould stick to the overall statistics
-I agree and that is why I was totally FOR posting my crappy ringroad around my hometown!

..anyways did you guys go together or just DJP and somebody else with him? and how long ago was this trip made? Looks like it was a fun expiriensing our roads wasnt it?
Old July 31st, 2008, 02:18 PM   #235
marekUkr
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

One of the proposals for national highway net (made by UTC - Ukrainian Transport Corridors)

It is not a program for EURO2012, just a proposal from a consortim created by Ukrainian government to develop national road network. according to this proposal new highwyas should be constructed along the main pan-european transport corridors in order to extent national transit capacities. The whole investment is etemated by UTC at ca. 90 bln. UAH (18,5 bln USD or 11,9 bln EUR).

proposed highways:

1. Highway WEST: Kyiv - western border near Kosyny (HUN) and Užhorod (SK) - green line

2. Highway EAST: Vinnycia - eastern border near Izvaryne (RUS) - brown line

3. Highway CAUCASUS: Jahodyn (border with PL) - Kerč (Cremea, border with RUS, connection to North Caucasus)

4. Highway GALICIA: Krakoveć (border with PL) - Pidhajci near Ternopil

5. Highway RUSSIA: Odessa - border with RUS via Kirovohrad, Poltava and Charkiv

Once more, dispite of the proposed constraction time 2005-2015 on the map, it isn't an official government program. UkrAvtoDor announced this year its plans to build a new 2x2 lane highway btween Kyiv and Vinnycia next years, 146 km, etimated investment ca. 1 bln. USD. It seems to be a section of highway WEST (green line).
marekUkr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 02:41 PM   #236
PLH

Quote:
..anyways did you guys go together or just DJP and somebody else with him?
igorlan(pics linked by me) and DJP went there separately

Quote:
how long ago was this trip made?
around 26/06/2008
Old July 31st, 2008, 03:20 PM   #237
marekUkr
BANNED

UkrAvtoDor's plans for EURO2012

UkrAvtoDor plans only reconstruction and upgrading of existing main roads. Announced is only cunstruction of some sections of a new ring highway around Kyiv and a ew highway Kyiv - Vinnycia (seems zo be a part of planned highway WEST from Kyiv to western border via Ivano-Frankivśk)

Direction WEST

M06: Čop/Užhorod - Kyiv - 650 km - planned investment: 620 mln USD

Sections:

1. Kyiv - border Kyjivśka oblasť/Žytomyrśka oblasť - 54 km - 2008-2011 - 3 mln UDS

2. border Kyjivśka oblasť/Žytomyrśka oblasť - Žytomyr - 66 km - 2008-2011 -20 mln USD

3. Žytomyr - border Žytomyrśka oblasť/Rivenśka oblasť - 106,6 km - 2008-2009 - 280 mln USD

4. border Žytomyrśka oblasť/Rivenśka oblasť - Brody - 174,7 km - 2008-2009 - 185 mln USD

5. Brody - Oleśko (completed) - 52 km - 2008 - 13 mln USD

6. Stryj - border Ľvivśka oblasť/Zakarpatśka oblasť (mantainance) - 85 km - 2010-2012 - 2 mln USD

7. border Ľvivśka oblasť/Zakarpatśka oblasť - Mukačeve (mantainance) - 53,7 km - 2010-2012 - 1,5 mln USD

8. Mukačeve -Seredně (reconstruction) - 28 km - 2008-2011 - 115,5 mln USD

9. Seredně - border crossing point in Čop (mantainance)- 56 km - 2010-2011 - 1,3 mln USD
Old July 31st, 2008, 03:32 PM   #238
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe.2006 View Post
A intereasting question is what is the best standard of roads for Ukraine?
You must see how big the country is, how is the population density. For example in the USA are the roads not the same like in the Netherlands, because of the points above.
The Ukraine has a lot of large cities, but the countryside is sparsely populated, comparable to the American Midwest I guess. I heard traffic volumes on most highways are less than 10.000, and even less than 2.000 near border regions. (M-1, M-2). I think the current at-grade intersections on major (4 lane) highways can be fitted into grade-separated when traffic volumes demand this.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 03:35 PM   #239
marekUkr
BANNED

M07: Jahodyn (PL) - Kyiv via Koveľ - 382 km - planned investment: 243 mln USD

Sections:

1. Kyiv - border Kyjivśka oblasť/Žytomyrśka oblasť (mantainance) - 60,3 km - 2008-2011 - 1,5 mln USD

2. Korosteń - border Žytomyrśka oblasť/Rivenśka oblasť - 95,7 km - 2008-2011 - 123 mln USD

3. border Žytomyrśka oblasť/Rivenśka oblasť - Sarny (mantainance) - 54 km - 2008-2011 - 1,3 mln USD

4. Sarny - border Rivenśka oblasť / Volynśka oblasť - 53,8 km - 2008-2010 - 51,5 mln USD

5. border Rivenśka oblasť / Volynśka oblasť - Koveľ (mantainance) - 64 km - 2008-2011 - 1,6 mln USD

6. Koveľ - Jahodyn (border PL) - 54 km - 2008-2010 - 62 mln USD
Old July 31st, 2008, 04:10 PM   #240
marekUkr
BANNED

M08: Užhorod - border crossing point "Užhorod" - 13,8 km -

M09: Rava Ruśka - Ľviv - 62,5 km - 2008-2011 - 17, 5 mln USD

M10: Krakoveć - Ľviv - 62 km - 2008-2011 - 11 mln USD

M11: Šehyni - Ľviv - 72 km - 2008-2011 - 13 mln USD

P54: Mukačeve - Berehove - Lužanka (border HUN) - 42,8 km - 2008-2011 - 62 mln USD

Construction of roads financed by public and private partnership (concession)

highway Krakoveć (border PL) - Ľviv:

lenghth: 84,4 km
construction: 2009-2012
whole investment: 610 mln USD

- national government: 135 mln USD (22%)
- private investors: 475 mln USD (78%)

New Kyiv ring road (Velyka kiľceva avtomobiľna doroha)

length: 149 km
construction: 2009-2012
whole investment: 3 381 mln USD (100% private invesotrs)

Tags
highways, motorways, ukraine