daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 18th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #501
Triceratops
Labor Omnia Vincit

Likes (Received): 11

Well, the traffic volumes there look good. Hopefully that is a proof to make it a motorway. I hope that at least Lviv bypass would be constructed as the worst scenario..

Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #502
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

M10 Krakovets - L'viv

By Mark0 from the Dutch wegenforum.

image hosted on flickr

Image0821 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0824 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0825 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0826 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0827 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0829 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0845 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0847 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0849 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0850 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0852 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0853 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0854 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0855 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0856 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0859 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0860 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0861 by marko2602, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Image0862 by marko2602, on Flickr
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #503
Triceratops
Labor Omnia Vincit

Tbh, I expected this road to be even in worse conditions. Rather good to see it's not so bad after all. As well, most probably it will be completely reconstructed before Euro champs.
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #504
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

Likes (Received): 1418

^lol, our roads suck so bad looking from those pics. They are now fixing MORE city roads rather than outside of the city. its a true fact, I can show you some pics of my city's road's being fixed and marked everyday. People haven't seen such change since Soviet times. All because our major is part owner of some asphalt company i believe so its pennants for him pretty much. We are already laggin behind to the Russians on the highway part
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #505
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

take a few pictures

I've seen very bad city roads in Ukraine. Full with potholes, some large enough to fit a Lada. (Just kidding).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #506
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

Ok so I will be honest with everybody here since lots of times other forumers say that us Ukrainians only good parts of our roads and hide the real truth and we Ukrainians love to bash on Polish forumers who go road trips to Ukraine and only take bad road pics Anyways no bullshit, here is a big welcome of Euro2012 to our Western European visitors! Enjoy your stay, we tried
Here is some pictures take by Ukrainian forumer "Melv".

This is the entrance to the city of Vinnytsia(my city).
М21 E583

Who cares about the damn direction boards when we got these nice Art House ad and a hot chick advertising Windows, now who would think of that!?

getting better, alright!!!

...NOT!

"Thank You for clean side of the road"...FAIL

Now the good stuff inside the city(you see I'm guessing there is some kind of limits that our major has, inside the city he fixes all the roads and citizens are very happy about that change by outside the city as we just saw the pics its probably up to UkAvtoDor so he is off duty on that part, sadly(

posted by other members including "Melv".
Here is the outside of the Vinnytsia train station. Its for the first time in years since I was born they put all these marks on the road. Notice the train station is well maintained and at least that's one of the facts we can stand up to Poland is our train stations and they know it, on the rest we are behind.

some more pics of train station so you don't think I'm lied

underground..

2 trains meet each other from opposite directions.

to platforms..

This road used to be a bunch of dirt and rocks..typical village road, well NEVER AGAIN!

Good one! Now time to renew that square and sidewalks.

who cares about highways, we will buy even more of these babies before Euro2012 riding inside the city on a nice straight roads. Ukrainian version of German Mercedes, LAZ city-bus. See even logo's almost match Nice & Low!

Moving on...

I feel so bad for these guys and they get paid so little for this kind of work..its like Super Duper hot in Ukraine!!!

the classics always stay the classics..

and that is it for now.

Last edited by asotUA; August 15th, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
asotUA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #507
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

Thanks for deleting that troll post, Chris. Some people just can't keep those kind of comments to them selves.
Old August 15th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #508
stratotroter

Likes (Received): 21

Why did you censored my post... I just expressed my opinion and if you don't agree give any reasonable arguments.. or maybe you've got some complexes...
stratotroter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #509
delfin_pl
Expert

Likes (Received): 56

everything looks so chaotic
delfin_pl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #510
Triceratops
Labor Omnia Vincit

Well, sure the new pavement is a good infrastructure improvement, but still the general atmosphere doesn't look quite new new and bright, you know.. That's probably the main problem in most Ukrainian cities and towns because not much is maintened properly, mostly everything is left since Soviet times and still not reconstructed.. I hope they could at least create a positive vision just by painting some structures all around..
Old August 15th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #511
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceratops View Post
Well, sure the new pavement is a good infrastructure improvement, but still the general atmosphere doesn't look quite new new and bright, you know.. That's probably the main problem in most Ukrainian cities and towns because not much is maintened properly, mostly everything is left since Soviet times and still not reconstructed.. I hope they could at least create a positive vision just by painting some structures all around..
Well we can't just destroy all the commiblocks and whatever was build in Soviet times and build in 2 years everything modern...that's impossible and unrealistic, people live there and that's there homes and they would care less about the looks. Number one thing I hate are those stupid ad boards they post all over the place I wish they ban that crap for good one day. I would love to post more of the downtown pictures because its nice and clean but that got nothing to do with this thread. It would be a prove that country does not just shit all over the place, yes there are some standards, more people notice SOME changes and they start to respect that. Of course we don't get funded by EU like Poland and post updates on the highways every 5 minutes and have Mr.stratotroter and delfin pl make such comments on our infrastructure. I can't agree more that we are lagging 20 years and more than countries like France as I was watching the first TAXI movie yesterday made back in 1998, Ukraine today doesn't stand even close to these scenes...sadly but true.
Old August 15th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #512
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4620

Quote:
Well we can't just destroy all the commiblocks and whatever was build in Soviet times and build in 2 years everything modern...
I would rather destroy most buildings built after 1990 in Ukraine.

Quote:
Number one thing I hate are those stupid ad boards they post all over the place I wish they ban that crap for good one day.
Thats a big problem in Poland too anyway don't mind delfin it seems talking about how bad Ukraine is makes him feel better.
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #513
Warsawbynight

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by asotUA View Post
I can't agree more that we are lagging 20 years and more than countries like France as I was watching the first TAXI movie yesterday made back in 1998, Ukraine today doesn't stand even close to these scenes...sadly but true.
But at least you are honest with yourself! Try to tell a Russian that Russian road infrastructure sucks
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #514
void0
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsawbynight View Post
But at least you are honest with yourself! Try to tell a Russian that Russian road infrastructure sucks
Have you ever seen a Russian claiming that roads in Russia are good?
void0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:37 AM   #515
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluminat View Post
I would rather destroy most buildings built after 1990 in Ukraine.
I would too but that's still somewhat dumb in a way because its pretty much wasted money and work over the years that was put into those building. Its always Kyiv that gets the best, the rest of the country is left behind and that's another fact that I hate. This whole "trying to impress tourist by our beautiful capital Kyiv" is getting really old now, its time to open up the borders to others. I mean come on, we are 46 million country, its only Kyiv to looks at?...seriously! Money from budget is being stolen on the regular basis and fat cats are well known for building best roads though their villages that lead to their Villas and Castles.
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #516
Trilesy

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
Road Odessa - Mykolaiv

Wow, that's just awesome! I know some roads in Siberia are like that, but didn't know that some Ukrainian roads can be that bad.
Trilesy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:53 AM   #517
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by asotUA View Post
I would too but that's still somewhat dumb in a way because its pretty much wasted money and work over the years that was put into those building. Its always Kyiv that gets the best, the rest of the country is left behind and that's another fact that I hate. This whole "trying to impress tourist by our beautiful capital Kyiv" is getting really old now, its time to open up the borders to others. I mean come on, we are 46 million country, its only Kyiv to looks at?...seriously! Money from budget is being stolen on the regular basis and fat cats are well known for building best roads though their villages that lead to their Villas and Castles.
I agree that Ukraine's delays in entering the EU/Schengen/Euro-zone following the fall of The Wall™ have very much hurt it in its quest to modernize and become an integral part of the world and especially Europe. How is progress going on ridding the country of the top-level corruption?

I also hope that tings can be worked out.

(The incompatibility of the country's railroads with those of the rest of central and western Europe is also something that will someday have to be reconciled.)

Mike

Last edited by mgk920; August 16th, 2010 at 07:03 AM.
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #518
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgk920 View Post
How is progress going on ridding the country of the top-level corruption?
With dumbass in power its high as usuall. Its always been there. Regions that didn't get his popular vote got shit money as he became president, my region is one of them. And to tell you the truth some of the projects that were started when Yushchenko was still in power are not frozen once this guy stepped in. My oblast in one of them, he kicked out one of the best Governors that we had ever seem, this guy was in the office before Yushchenko even became a president..so that's 5-6 years, and yes he did great things for economy of the region to boom up. Now because he was from Orange Party, dumbass removed him and put one of his gangsters who is an ex guy from UkrAvtoDor, he had already a case too which proved that he stole money from what has been given to fix country's roads but later dropped because....I'm sure you can guess, judge got some $$$.=reality of justice. Now the question is do we really need someone like that in the office? Good thing he can't touch our major who's from Orange Party as well because that's a totally different level comparing to governor.
It just really sucks, everything is controlled by these mobsters, even police. But we are not the only ones, Moldova got the same problems, over there even worst, and Russians too.
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #519
and802

Likes (Received): 55

asotUA,

very nice pictures !
could you plese post more if you can ?
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #520
asotUA
Audicted Driver.

I will when I get more updates. Sorry guys that this thread is such a lag for months, everybody on Ukrainian Forum is busy watching and updating progress on airports and stadiums that are being build at the moment for Euro2012...still quite on the highway part

Tags
highways, motorways, ukraine