daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 21st, 2012, 10:30 PM   #741
zakrzemarski
d. marian1989

Likes (Received): 1345

becouse bed of the road hasn't been changed, only asphalt.
zakrzemarski no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:54 PM   #742
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

Looks like Ukraine is rich enough to afford poor roads ... Just like Poland a couple of years ago ...

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #743
Mr. Compliant

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMuenchen View Post
Hi. I would like to attend Lwiw. It is difficult to find some english or german informations concerning the current state of the M06 between the Hungarian Border and Lwiw. Has anyone driven in the last few months and could give some new informations?! Thank you!
Hello Chris,

I have driven this route several times, as I live in Germany and visit Budapest often. When I have the time, I like to drive to Zakarpathia in Kyiv.

The Autobahn in Austria and Germany are so busy, it is a pleasure to drive on M1 in Hungary. From Vienna to Budapest, the autobahn is very straight and flat, traffic is not so bad, and you can drive faster than 130 km/hour, as there are only one or two cameras that check for the vignette (matrica). You must take M0 to go in a circle around Budapest to the South and East. Maybe your GPS is stupid like mine and it tries to take you downtown Budapest, but do not do it ! Follow the signs in the direction of M3. Some signs will also have the oval with the UA symbol of Ukraine. After you are past Budapest, M3 has even less traffic, the road is perfect, and Eastern Hungary does not have many people. It is one of my favorite places to drive. There are plenty of rest stops with toilets also.

The Autobahn ends at Nyiregyhaza, but from there it is only 74 km to the border town of Zahony. You can make it from the road here to the border in around half an hour. Even though the road is only one lane in each direction, there is not much traffic and plenty of opportunities to pass. The last time I drove it was in November of last year. They continue to build the Autobahn and I hope it will not be long until it is finished.

Crossing the border can take a long time if they want to inspect inside your car. After I cross, I usually drive to Uzhgorod and Mukacheve, as I do not have time to go all the way until Lviv. But to go to Lviv, you have two choices:

1. You can take M06, a nice road to Uzhgorod and then follow the signs until Mukacheve. This takes longer, but the roads are not so bad.
2. Right after Chop, you can take T0710 until Mukacheve. You will go through many villages and see a famous Hungarian castle on a hill along the way (eine Sehenswuerdigkeit!). This is a pretty route, but the road is absolutely terrible! You might also see cows or a funeral procession on the road.

From Mukacheve, you take E471/M06 through the Transcarpathian mountains. The road is one lane with curves, but the countryside is beautiful. Just try not to rush, as this will take a while to drive. If you are hungry, there is an excellent traditional Ukrainian restaurant (Koszatsky) along the way.

Eventually, you arrive in the South of Lviv, by a large war monument. The former Hotel Intourist downtown is a nice place to stay and there is a parking lot with guard behind the hotel. Most places in Ukraine (gas stations, stores, parking lots, restaurants) seem to have many security guards!

On the way back, you can:
1. Take the same route. Maybe a bit more boring the second time.
2. Drive part of the same route back to Uzhgorod, then cross at Visne Nemcke into Slovakia. This border crossing can be slow and busy. Then drive through Michalovce, Kosice, and then South to Miskolc in Hungary. Although it is not Autobahn until this point, you can go fast on the roads. From, Miskolc, it is Autobahn back to the juncture with M3 where you drove before.
3. Drive West from Lviv on E40 into Poland. A good way to see Krakow and Wroclaw. I don't know how much Autobahn is built in Poland now, but it was slow for me until Wroclaw. Then it was Autobahn all the way until Germany and all the way home!

This is a very good, interesting, long trip and I think you will enjoy it if you have four days to do it. Good luck!

To the regulars, this is a wonderful website and I am glad I have found it. Thanks for all the information and hard work and I hope maybe others will find my first post useful. Thank you!
Mr. Compliant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #744
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Compliant View Post
3. Drive West from Lviv on E40 into Poland. A good way to see Krakow and Wroclaw. I don't know how much Autobahn is built in Poland now, but it was slow for me until Wroclaw. Then it was Autobahn all the way until Germany and all the way home!
The Polish A4 is now autobahn/motorway from a bit east of Krakow all the way to the German border. Additional sections of autobahn/motorway are scheduled to open in March and April this year.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #745
Angulo

Likes (Received): 3657

Quote:
Additional sections of autobahn/motorway are scheduled to open in March and April this year.
Unfortunately, it's impossible. If everything will be OK, I think this sections will be opened in 2013.
Angulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #746
ChrisMuenchen

are you sure?? What's your source?
ChrisMuenchen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #747
Angulo

Likes (Received): 3657

Scyscraperscity
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=992981
http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=289754
http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=328111
Just look at the photos.
Angulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #748
sebi23ro
romanian driver

looks to me like Ukraine will never have decent roads, not to mention controlled access highways.I drive there every month to Ivano Frankivsk and without navigation will be impossible for a non-ukrainian speaker to get there(most road signs are in Cyrillic).I am from Romania but not even in here is that bad.
sebi23ro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #749
ChrisMuenchen

? Hm, according to the international Polish forum there would be no delay..the whole missing stretches of the A 4 should bei finished by the beginning of 2013..
ChrisMuenchen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #750
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angulo View Post
Unfortunately, it's impossible.
I'm willing to wager that you're wrong.

Quote:
If everything will be OK, I think this sections will be opened in 2013.
You can think whatever you want, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence to support your claim.

Quote:
This section is not among those due to open in March or April. This section to which you linked is due to open in December-January.

Quote:
This section is due to open June-August.

Quote:
This section is due to open in July.

Your links have nothing to do with the sections due to open in March and April.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #751
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebi23ro View Post
looks to me like Ukraine will never have decent roads, not to mention controlled access highways.I drive there every month to Ivano Frankivsk and without navigation will be impossible for a non-ukrainian speaker to get there(most road signs are in Cyrillic).I am from Romania but not even in here is that bad.
You don't have to learn Ukrainian, just learn how to read Cyrillic. It's not that hard, once I learnt how to read Arabic.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #752
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19352

I taught myself Cyrillic in the first class of high school, I was about 12 then. It's really easy, probably the easiest non-latin script to read.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #753
Harisson
User

Likes (Received): 293

Kyiv - Lviv - Kyiv
Harisson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #754
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19352

Street View has arrived in Ukraine!

The urban areas of Kyiv, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Odessa and L'viv are covered.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #755
sotonsi

Looks identical to the amount of coverage on maps.yandex.ru
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #756
Harisson
User

Likes (Received): 293

Truskavets - Lviv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushkan View Post
Кілька фото, зроблених дорогою з Трускавця до Львова, траса Київ-Чоп

Harisson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #757
ift3226

Hi, seems like there is a good chance for me to get some help here!
Driving from western Ukraine, (border to Poland) to Kiev would you recommend M07 or M06 for time and convenience?

Many thanks!
ift3226 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #758
Luki_SL

Likes (Received): 17371

If you`re driving from Korczowa, it`s better to go M11 and than take M06 This road has mostly asphalt layer
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #759
ift3226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luki_SL View Post
If you`re driving from Korczowa, it`s better to go M11 and than take M06 This road has mostly asphalt layer
The road from Medyka to Lviv I have already tried a couple of years ago :-)

This time I'll be crossing the border i bit further north, at Dorohusk, so the M07 would be closest way straight to Kiev. But if the M07 is much more time consuming than M06 I still have the possibility to access the M06 in Rivne and use that road to Kiev...
Any thoughts, comments or other suggestions?

Thanks,
ift3226 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:44 PM   #760
Euro2012Highway

DorInfoCenter

Ukraine open DORINFOCENTER - site for drivers and those who need help in driving on Ukrainian roads. Made for Euro-2012. Available on English, Russian and Ukrainian.

Official site - english version - www.trafficukraine.com/eng/

Hope, this could be helpful
Euro2012Highway no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways, ukraine